PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell drum banned by Hibs for being "too loud"?

green&left
06-03-2014, 05:17 PM
A sizeable element of Motherwells away support who were planning on attending have now decided against it after Hibs reject permission to bring the drum due to previous noise complaints from home fans that it is "too noisy". Noise complaints at a football stadium, unbelievable.

Surely not?

Some Motherwell fans boycotting? Not that they'd bring any large numbers through anyway...

Taken from P&B...

edinburghhibee
06-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Shocking if true.... However I doubt that's the reason

linlithgowhibbie
06-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Noise complaints!!!!!

Presumably from the West Stand sweetie paper rustlers.

Seriously, if anyone has complained about the noise,,,,,, get a life eh!

:tbgwa:(whispered in case its too loud)

tamig
06-03-2014, 05:28 PM
The Motherwell fans were tremendous in the first game we played against them at ER last season. Their drummer was a lot better than the section 43 guy (imo). Ridiculous if it's been banned due to some Hibby complaint.

Boyle89
06-03-2014, 05:31 PM
I smell *****. I refuse to believe that somebody complained so it has been banned. Shame the 'bois' wont be through. But if they dont want to attend a game because they cant bring a drum in then its up to them. Seems just as petty as hibs officials banning the drum.

Hibernia Na Eir
06-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Would any true Hibee REALLY miss any of these inbred huns without bus fares?

GlenrothesHibee
06-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Is our drum banned? shocking if true.

Twiglet
06-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Personally i really don't like the motherwell drum. It sounds like it's being hit by a 2year old having a temper tantrum than something that adds atmosphere to me.

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Silly laddie, had that god given talent and wasted it...oops, sorry, wrong thread.

jeffers
06-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Noise complaints!!!!!

Presumably from the West Stand sweetie paper rustlers.

Seriously, if anyone has complained about the noise,,,,,, get a life eh!

:tbgwa:(whispered in case its too loud)

Our sweeties are in a bag, no papers on them !

Future17
06-03-2014, 06:28 PM

Are you suggesting that's the real reason they're not coming? No bus fares?

Hibernia Na Eir
06-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Are you suggesting that's the real reason they're not coming? No bus fares?

......and no drum :-)

Onceinawhile
06-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Heard 50 percent of their fans are boycotting. They are still managing to bring 5 through though.

.Sean.
06-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Be alright if they were singing Rebel songs though and draped in tricolours though eh, I'm sure you'd sympathise with them then. You're the biggest bigot on here.

Fwiw I've a lot of time for Motherwell fans, fair play they never took the easy route of supporting one of the Old Firm like many from the place. I don't believe for one minute anyone complained about noise either. It's been decided by someone higher up it's not wanted and they've tried to pass on the buck.

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I hate that ****** drum, it keeps me awake for the whole 90 minutes.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2014, 07:09 PM
It's a ploy by hibs to silence the away support. I have never understood why hibs don't put the smaller numbers of travelling fans up in the upper tier out the way away from the pitch. Anything to gain an advantage.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2014, 07:24 PM
It's a ploy by hibs to silence the away support. I have never understood why hibs don't put the smaller numbers of travelling fans up in the upper tier out the way away from the pitch. Anything to gain an advantage.

Motherwell do this to us sometimes

3pm
06-03-2014, 07:27 PM
If it's true, pish from Hibs.

O'Rourke3
06-03-2014, 07:34 PM
There were plenty on here complaining after the first game so if it's a lie, then it is at least plausable. Had we played properly then we'd have slenced the thing. As a sweetry rattler I neither complained nor found it annoying. I was hoping our team might shut them up. There may indeed be tit for tat in here, but if we have a drummer and the other team want one, I see no problem. Beats those bl**dy flares every time, now they get on my threpennies....:rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
06-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Is it not the constant banging of the drum rather than the drum it's self that drew complaints? I remember last time the ****ing banging never stopped.

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Be alright if they were singing Rebel songs though and draped in tricolours though eh, I'm sure you'd sympathise with them then. You're the biggest bigot on here.

Fwiw I've a lot of time for Motherwell fans, fair play they never took the easy route of supporting one of the Old Firm like many from the place. I don't believe for one minute anyone complained about noise either. It's been decided by someone higher up it's not wanted and they've tried to pass on the buck.

Bit harsh, mate. I haven't seen HNE being bigoted on here. I know a few Well fans personally who are top guys, but Lanarkshire being Lanarkshire there are some genuine bigots e.g. the Motherwell flute band.

Back on topic, I hope it isn't true Hibs have banned the drum, even though he drove me mad during their recently televised game at Tannadice.

SaulGoodman
06-03-2014, 08:20 PM
I couldn't give monkeys if their fans wee drum has been banned.

Boo hoo.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Motherwell do this to us sometimes

Agree. That's what we should. Upper tier only for away fans except hearts, celtic and possibly Aberdeen.

Hibby70
06-03-2014, 08:53 PM
My dad told Rod Petrie he wouldn't attend another Motherwell game if they were allowed a drum. He'll be delighted.

He doesn't mind atmosphere but it was bloody just repetitive crap.

Future17
06-03-2014, 09:05 PM
My dad told Rod Petrie he wouldn't attend another Motherwell game if they were allowed a drum. He'll be delighted.

He doesn't mind atmosphere but it was bloody just repetitive crap.

The drum out...your dad in.

silverhibee
06-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Hope none of them start fidgeting inside the ground. :gun:

Hiber-nation
06-03-2014, 09:18 PM

Seriously? Any Well fans I've met despise the huns. Absolute joke if we have banned it.

Nando™
06-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Silences the away support, fine by me.

maturehibby
06-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Seriously? Any Well fans I've met despise the huns. Absolute joke if we have banned it.

Not true when my son was younger him me and his friend were walking along London road from Elm row to the top of Easter road when 4 Motherwell supporters called us a load of racial names including being Fenian Bar$rds goading them - brave young men as the boys were only about 11 at the time .
Their bravery only lasted until we got to the top of Easter road and met up with the mainstream Hibs fans and their silence from that point on became "Deafening" so I dont subscribe to them not being Bigots -
Crazy thing is that I am a Church of Scotland member for a long long time and was able not to react to their stupid bigoted comments

heretoday
06-03-2014, 09:41 PM
I hate that ****** drum, it keeps me awake for the whole 90 minutes.
Very good! Actually I really do not like the drums at football. It is an alien sound to me.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-03-2014, 10:07 PM
The Motherwell drumming is absolutely brutal!! It's just a constant horrible noise. I watched that recent game they got hosed 0-5 at home to Celtic and it was like watching a game in Basra. Awful

EH6 Hibby
06-03-2014, 11:09 PM
I thought the drum was a pain in the arse last time. It was just constant. Anyone who couldn't see would have thought there were loads of Well fans at the game when in reality there was a couple of hundred, most of whom were sitting quietly, there were only about 20 of them actually singing but it sounded like there was a massive party in their end. It was a false atmosphere.

Jones28
07-03-2014, 01:56 AM
Drums do my ****ing head in at football matches. Along with those hooter things you get at hampden

Sean1875
07-03-2014, 02:07 AM
I smell *****. I refuse to believe that somebody complained so it has been banned. Shame the 'bois' wont be through. But if they dont want to attend a game because they cant bring a drum in then its up to them. Seems just as petty as hibs officials banning the drum.

Spot on, refusing to go and support your team because they cant bring a drum is just pathetic, youd think theyd have appreciated a nice peaceful 90 minutes of football for a change :greengrin

Pete
07-03-2014, 05:32 AM
The Motherwell fans were tremendous in the first game we played against them at ER last season. Their drummer was a lot better than the section 43 guy (imo). Ridiculous if it's been banned due to some Hibby complaint.

Ltyf

:greengrin

Hibrandenburg
07-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Drums do my ****ing head in at football matches. Along with those hooter things you get at hampden

That's no way to talk about our national instrument!

147lothian
07-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Im glad the drum is banned, I find it annoying when teams like m'well, ross county, livi etc come with the amount of fans that wouldn't fill a mini bus, but they have a big drum to try to make a bit noise, its annoying, ban the drum for me!

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Poor show by Hibs.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/save-drum-motherwell-skipper-keith-3216483

hibs4thecup1988
07-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Poor show by Hibs.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/save-drum-motherwell-skipper-keith-3216483

ANYTHING that improves the atmosphere should be encouraged so says Keith Lasley... flares and standing would improve it but are constantly shot down.

Drums are a pain!

SkintHibby
07-03-2014, 12:54 PM
I certainly would not call Motherwell fans huns but I remember years ago a Motherwell fan walked into the Royal Nip pre match with a Union Jack t-shirt on. He got a right doing in the pub and had to scarper!:agree:

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 01:19 PM
ANYTHING that improves the atmosphere should be encouraged so says Keith Lasley... flares and standing would improve it but are constantly shot down.

Drums are a pain!

At this present time standing and flares are not allowed in a football stadium, football instruments are.

Poor show by Hibs.

hibs4thecup1988
07-03-2014, 01:28 PM
At this present time standing and flares are not allowed in a football stadium, football instruments are.

Poor show by Hibs.

Obviously not eh...

ALF TUPPER
07-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Hope none of them start fidgeting inside the ground. :gun:

HAHAHAH great post :faf:

God Petrie
07-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Allow Hibs drum and ban well drum. Sounds like a good policy IMO.

RIP Bestie
07-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Would any true Hibee REALLY resort to such childish name calling?

ALF TUPPER
07-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=3924412#post3924412) "Would any true Hibee REALLY miss any of these inbred huns without bus fares?"

Really dont think this is necessary . :rolleyes:

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Obviously not eh...

If Hibs are going down this route of saying the drum is to noisy, :rolleyes: then the same must go for the drum in the East, will the drum be allowed in to the East tomorrow.

Poor show by Hibs.

hibs4thecup1988
07-03-2014, 01:53 PM
If Hibs are going down this route of saying the drum is to noisy, :rolleyes: then the same must go for the drum in the East, will the drum be allowed in to the East tomorrow.

Poor show by Hibs.

Yep disgraceful that Hibs want to try and stop the opponents fans making an atmosphere to spur their team on eh....

:grr::grr:

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Yep disgraceful that Hibs want to try and stop the opponents fans making an atmosphere to spur their team on eh....

:grr::grr:

Yep, it is disgraceful, i doubt very much a drum is going to make a difference to the outcome of the game, Hibs should back down on this and allow the Well fans to bring there drum in to the game, they will only return the favour when we travel through there.

The Green Goblin
07-03-2014, 02:57 PM
As annoying as the drum is, this is just another example of the constant sanitising of football. Players booked for celebrating goals, fans shouted at by stewards for standing up and so on. God forbid anyone should enjoy the football these days.

brian6-2
07-03-2014, 03:15 PM
singing and clapping to be banned shortly too.

our games flying down the pan at a rapid rate.

bigwheel
07-03-2014, 03:20 PM
aren't football crowds meant to be loud??? maybe we should just watch it on TV with the sound turned down ?

dangermouse
07-03-2014, 03:53 PM
TOO NOISY!!! WTF are the board thinking about? Will we all be issued with gobstoppers before the game in case we make too much noise and upset someone. What a joke :grr:

As an aside, can anyone tell me the last time a noisy drummer prevented a Hibs player from scoring?

Dashing Bob S
07-03-2014, 03:58 PM
As annoying as the drum is, this is just another example of the constant sanitising of football. Players booked for celebrating goals, fans shouted at by stewards for standing up and so on. God forbid anyone should enjoy the football these days.

I'd argue that bringing a drum or any musical instrument into the stadium is in itself an act of football sanitisation.

In my day, we were lucky, once we finished our back-breaking shift expropriating goods from Leith docks, drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, and spending money on incendiary devices to hurl at opposing fans in the streets and across terraces, to have the change for our bus fares home, let alone buy a musical instrument.

Kids these days don't know they're alive.

GreenCastle
07-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Let them have the drum :agree: poor show from Hibs.

Atmosphere at stadiums is poor in Scotland these days and the club need as much income from visiting fans as possible.

The Sea-gull
07-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Drums can be a bit of an irratant but fair play for anyone trying to enhance the atmosphere at games.

At a time where the atmosphere at ER is almost universally derided by our own fans (apart from the thou shalt not criticise Hibs brigade) and fans of other clubs, this seems another PR own goal by Hibs. Esp if no other clubs have banned the drum.

BBC picked up on it now. This will not do our board's reputation as a bunch of dour misers any favours which in turn does not reflect well on the club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26485031

franks
07-03-2014, 04:35 PM
I have been very impressed by the small group of Well fans who enhance the atmosphere at Fir park and ER. Most football fans in Motherwell travel up to Glasgow to support a team rather than their own.

I know some don't like a drum at the game but it helps encourage clapping and chanting which enhances the atmosphere for all at the match.

Who has complained about the drum? doubt it would be Well fans in the south stand and don't see it could be too loud unless you were sat right next to it. i can see how some in other stands might think it annoying but hardly too loud.

it should be compulsory to have a drum in each stand of all football stadiums.

Pete
07-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Lift the ban and give free earplugs to season ticket holders.

green&left
07-03-2014, 04:42 PM

And yet people still wonder why crowds are dipping :confused:

Somes up how *** boring fans are in this country.

Gonna this kit sorted for the Aberdeen match > http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Rikalbo_gb/pict2073_2_20080604_2047316269.jpg :greengrin:tbgwa:

number 27
07-03-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm backing Hibs on this one. The drum they bring is the loudest one I have heard and the boy just bangs it constantly. Far from creating an atmosphere it stops anything else from being heard.

If the well fans want to create an atmosphere they should try turning up in numbers and singing some songs. As for boycotting because they cant bring their drum? maybe they should ask themselves if they are really football fans or just attention seeking f***ies.

As other posters have said I hate it when a team with a crappy support can make all the noise in the stadium just cos some guy has a big drum. **** Motherwell and **** their drum.

brian6-2
07-03-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm backing Hibs on this one. The drum they bring is the loudest one I have heard and the boy just bangs it constantly. Far from creating an atmosphere it stops anything else from being heard.

If the well fans want to create an atmosphere they should try turning up in numbers and singing some songs. As for boycotting because they cant bring their drum? maybe they should ask themselves if they are really football fans or just attention seeking f***ies.

As other posters have said I hate it when a team with a crappy support can make all the noise in the stadium just cos some guy has a big drum. **** Motherwell and **** their drum.

your at the wind up eh??

number 27
07-03-2014, 04:51 PM
your at the wind up eh??

No.

jane_says
07-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Whoever complained about a drum being too noisy...have a word eh, no one was complaining when section 43 had it. We all complain about Dundee utd's treatment of away fans, this is just as ridiculous. Get a grip Hibs.

brian6-2
07-03-2014, 04:56 PM
No.

regardless of the size of the support they bring the ones that make the effort are entitled to make as much noise as they want, drum or nae drum. lighten up.

our support are hardly in a position to start telling others to turn up in numbers as our ground is half full every second week.

number 27
07-03-2014, 05:01 PM
regardless of the size of the support they bring the ones that make the effort are entitled to make as much noise as they want, drum or nae drum. lighten up.

our support are hardly in a position to start telling others to turn up in numbers as our ground is half full every second week.

Should they be allowed a brass band? or pipes and drums?

brian6-2
07-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Should they be allowed a brass band? or pipes and drums?

they should be allowed what the **** they want. as long as it doesnt break the rules.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Does anyone have a link to somewhere where I can read the official Hibs line on this?

number 27
07-03-2014, 05:12 PM
they should be allowed what the **** they want. as long as it doesnt break the rules.

Fair enough, we arent going to agree. Personally I love a genuine atmosphere created by passionate fans, I dont think a handful of guys and a massive drum creates that at all. It is really just forcing 8,000 people to listen to a 90 minute drum solo.

I am not expecting a great atmosphere tomorrow but if we get one it will be because players and fans have created something and not just because the Well "bois" brought their drum.

brian6-2
07-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Fair enough, we arent going to agree. Personally I love a genuine atmosphere created by passionate fans, I dont think a handful of guys and a massive drum creates that at all. It is really just forcing 8,000 people to listen to a 90 minute drum solo.

I am not expecting a great atmosphere tomorrow but if we get one it will be because players and fans have created something and not just because the Well "bois" brought their drum.

if you love a passionate atmosphere created by passionate fans then you'll have to accept the drum im affraid mate.

Hibby70
07-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Told my dad, he's delighted. This week he's asking Rod to turn down the prematch music while he has his cup of tea.

He's also bringing his vuvuzela along.

#FromTheCapital
07-03-2014, 05:22 PM
I just can't believe they're making such a big deal about it. Does anybody really care that much about a ****ing drum!?

Keith_M
07-03-2014, 06:25 PM
if you love a passionate atmosphere created by passionate fans then you'll have to accept the drum im affraid mate.

Eh, naw. It's surely possible to have the passion and atmosphere without a drum.

If used sparingly, and as long as it's not so loud as to be irritating, it can lend a lot to the atmosphere. If, on the other hand, it's just one guy making a total racket throughout the game, I'd happily do without it.

leggeto
07-03-2014, 06:32 PM
So there will be no drum off then,out of order

Cameron1875
07-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Hibs don't care about home or away supporters as long as they are making money out of them. Surprised people are actually shocked at Hibs reason for not allowing the drum in.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Does anyone have a link to somewhere where I can read the official Hibs line on this?

Anyone?

Or are we accepting Keith Jackson and Keith Lasley's versions?

Hibernia&Alba
07-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Just let the laddie in with his drum. Yes it's annoying at times, but come on, there's no need for Soviet style conformity. It's a bit of fun FFS.

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 06:53 PM

Tried looking but can't find one from Hibs, but you just need to google about it and it is all over the press.

Once again. Poor show by Hibs.

marinello59
07-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Tried looking but can't find one from Hibs, but you just need to google about it and it is all over the press.

Surely all those who have been calling for Hibs to toughen up and stop laying out the welcome mat for visiting fans and teams will be happy though.

Gus Fring
07-03-2014, 07:05 PM

So we're not giving the club the benefit of the doubt? We're just blindly believing the press?

That story has been lifted straight off here. Until our club says something I'll be reserving judgement.

Capt Mainwaring
07-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Not seen anything that supports the view that it is Hibs that banned the Drum - could have been the Police? Easy story to write but what's the truth if no comment from Hibs?

Hiber-nation
07-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Surely all those who have been calling for Hibs to toughen up and stop laying out the welcome mat for visiting fans and teams will be happy though.

Aye like the folk on here who thought it was a great idea when Fenlon got the away dressing room painted some horrible colour. Cue us not winning a home game for months!!

Hibernia Na Eir
07-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Bit harsh, mate. I haven't seen HNE being bigoted on here. I know a few Well fans personally who are top guys, but Lanarkshire being Lanarkshire there are some genuine bigots e.g. the Motherwell flute band.

not gonna chew the bait from the maggot, but yer right pal. I ain't gonna ask to prove myself to any maggot.

portyhibernian
07-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Their fans are crap drum or no drum, all 10 left attending will sit in silence until they inevitably score, a small rendition of 'Can you hear the Hibees sing' for about 2 minutes and then back to silence. Pretty sure they share 'Enjoy the silence' as a club anthem with Kilmarnock.

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 08:21 PM
So we're not giving the club the benefit of the doubt? We're just blindly believing the press?

That story has been lifted straight off here. Until our club says something I'll be reserving judgement.

Maybe the club should come out and clear the air regarding this drum nonsense, Motherwell's captain and manager seem to think this ban has come from Hibs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26485031

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-mccall-disappointed-drum-ban-154522246--sow.html

http://www.newsrt.co.uk/news/savethedrum-motherwell-fans-urge-hibs-to-lift-drum-ban-2270902.html

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 08:41 PM

By banning a drum. :greengrin

It's a drum FFS, no big problem but it seems Hibs have caused one, no doubt when we go to Fir Park for our next away game our drum will get banned from there ground, i really can't believe folk have complained about it, but hey ho, Hibs can be petty like this at times, did the club not sack the DJ for playing a CHOON that noised up another club,someone said that it may not be down to the club but maybe the police have told them the drum is a no no, can't see that mind you, hopefully Hibs will give there side of things on drumgate to let us no if this was there decision or not.

Jonnyboy
07-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Hibs don't care about home or away supporters as long as they are making money out of them. Surprised people are actually shocked at Hibs reason for not allowing the drum in.

Wow!

frazeHFC
07-03-2014, 09:08 PM

No it hasn't, it was posted by 'Well fans (who are closely connected to their clubs board) well before it was on here.

Scouse Hibee
07-03-2014, 09:19 PM
I ****** hate the constant boom boom of some dick banging on a drum for ninety minutes, it does my head in so long may the ban continue. Taking a drum to a football match what a stupid idea anyway.

Apologies to the Hibs drummer, only the away drummers are dicks. :greengrin

7-Heaven
07-03-2014, 09:25 PM
I ****** hate the constant boom boom of some dick banging on a drum for ninety minutes, it does my head in so long may the ban continue. Taking a drum to a football match what a stupid idea anyway.

Totally agree

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 09:26 PM
No it hasn't, it was posted by 'Well fans (who are closely connected to their clubs board) well before it was on here.
Do we have to keep Drumming on about this Is it one o they big ****ing Kettle Drums attached tae a Horse or is it a ,our drum is better than your drum petty nonsense ,or is there some factual story thar explains how it could get to this . It Cymbal ises everything that is wrong ,when they take the fun elements away Gets under my Skin .

frazeHFC
07-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Do we have to keep Drumming on about this Is it one o they big ****ing Kettle Drums attached tae a Horse or is it a ,our drum is better than your drum petty nonsense ,or is there some factual story thar explains how it could get to this . It Cymbal ises everything that is wrong ,when they take the fun elements away Gets under my Skin .

Eh? Read that 3 or 4 times, still confused. All I am saying is that the story wasn't taken from here, I reckon our board has banned it using 'too noisy' as a petty excuse, and I think it's a daft decision.

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 10:23 PM

You could be the drummer for your new club next season in the Championship. :greengrin

marinello59
07-03-2014, 10:39 PM
By banning a drum. :greengrin

It's a drum FFS, no big problem but it seems Hibs have caused one, no doubt when we go to Fir Park for our next away game our drum will get banned from there ground, i really can't believe folk have complained about it, but hey ho, Hibs can be petty like this at times, did the club not sack the DJ for playing a CHOON that noised up another club,someone said that it may not be down to the club but maybe the police have told them the drum is a no no, can't see that mind you, hopefully Hibs will give there side of things on drumgate to let us no if this was there decision or not.

Personally I would ban all drums and bring back big wooden rattles. And flat caps.

The Utility Man
07-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but did St Mirren not permit hibs to bring the drum in in Terry's first game in charge and most fans I know were up in arms at this. Surely now we can't be complaining about a team making "too much noise"?

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Eh? Read that 3 or 4 times, still confused. All I am saying is that the story wasn't taken from here, I reckon our board has banned it using 'too noisy' as a petty excuse, and I think it's a daft decision.
Dinnae worry I confuse myself with some of my posts.Buy basically I agree with you Daft Decision .:confused:

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Finally:-

A Hibs spokesperson said: "In general, we don't ban drums at Easter Road - unlike many other stadiums. However, most fans that bring drums bring bass drums - this one is a snare drum which is much more intrusive.

"At the last match against Motherwell at Easter Road - when the snare drum was used - we received numerous complaints, both from Hibernian and Motherwell fans. That is the reason the decision has been taken."

Chuck Rhoades
07-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Dinnae worry I confuse myself with some of my posts.Buy basically I agree with you Daft Decision .:confused:

Great chat, Ronnie.

Chuck Rhoades
07-03-2014, 11:27 PM

A Hibs spokesperson said: "In general, we don't ban drums at Easter Road - unlike many other stadiums. However, most fans that bring drums bring bass drums - this one is a snare drum which is much more intrusive.

"At the last match against Motherwell at Easter Road - when the snare drum was used - we received numerous complaints, both from Hibernian and Motherwell fans. That is the reason the decision has been taken."

It's not a snare drum.

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 11:31 PM

Drum Snared at last Surely that's this story put to bed now

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2014, 11:32 PM
It's not a snare drum.

What is it then, Gene Krupa? :greengrin

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 11:33 PM
It's not a snare drum.

In that case the the Drum Roll continues It's a Mystery right enough :rolleyes::confused:

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2014, 11:35 PM
In that case the the Drum Roll continues It's a Mystery right enough :rolleyes::confused:

I tip my hi-hat to you :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Actually, if the Motherwell drummer is Ginger Baker, Rod has a point:-

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-ginger-baker-on-why-the-rolling-stones-are-not-good-musicians-20131011

Grumpy auld get.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Actually, if the Motherwell drummer is Ginger Baker, Rod has a point:-

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-ginger-baker-on-why-the-rolling-stones-are-not-good-musicians-20131011

Grumpy auld get.
Preferred Kieth Moon what a character he was .

silverhibee
08-03-2014, 12:28 AM

Motherwell fans complained, :faf: i would like to no the crowd that day and what percentage of fans complained.

Piss poor by Hibs.

Jones28
08-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Fair play from Hibs, anything that improves the atmosphere created by away fans getting banned is good for us.

The quieter they are, the more our own players can hear the advice and encouragement being shouted by the supporters

RIP Bestie
08-03-2014, 01:49 AM
not gonna chew the bait from the maggot, but yer right pal. I ain't gonna ask to prove myself to any maggot.
To be fair, and I have no intention of trawling through previous posts by anyone, but your original post on this thread point towards a very bigoted opinion of support or another club. Whether it's merited or not is irrelivent to me, but I would say that it's a bit rich of you to label someone else a maggot.

Leishy1995
08-03-2014, 02:17 AM
Think the fact my attempt to get a Ryan McGivern chant going at the Motherwell game getting ignored is another reason that the atmosphere at Easter Road is dying and needs sorted.

Wotherspiniesta
08-03-2014, 02:31 AM
Fair play from Hibs, anything that improves the atmosphere created by away fans getting banned is good for us.

The quieter they are, the more our own players can hear the advice and encouragement being shouted by the supporters

Or.... the more they can hear the boo's from the disgruntled supporters.

Bring the drum! :greengrin

Dobosz83
08-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Good. I treated the old man to hospitality on the first day of the season against that lot and the drum was doing my box in.

If seeing class 4G from some weegie school bouncing about banging a drum 'improves the atmosphere' in Scottish football then the games up the pole!

I was particularly annoyed by the wee roaster who had taken the roll of orchestrator, he didn't even watch the game as he faced the crowd of 17 teenagers the whole 90 mins.

Sorry Lasley and co. Ram yir drum and boycott away!

GGTTH

Hibernia Na Eir
08-03-2014, 08:08 AM
To be fair, and I have no intention of trawling through previous posts by anyone, but your original post on this thread point towards a very bigoted opinion of support or another club. Whether it's merited or not is irrelivent to me, but I would say that it's a bit rich of you to label someone else a maggot.

my overriding point was, there's a fairly decent sized ensemble of their support who play drums in another 'sport'. You should know what that is.

So, if you like what they do, then by all means do what you see fit and enjoy their noise.

Just not for me thanks!

Beefster
08-03-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm loving all the "Hmmm, yes, the drum annoyed me for the duration of the first Motherwell game" complaints. I wonder if the same folk write to the Evening News and Daily Mail with complaints about how some eight year old threw a crisp packet in their front garden.

Man the **** up. A drum for 90 minutes and folk are contacting the club and telling Rodders? FFS.

tamig
08-03-2014, 09:20 AM

Whoosh!

Alex Trager
08-03-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm loving all the "Hmmm, yes, the drum annoyed me for the duration of the first Motherwell game" complaints. I wonder if the same folk write to the Evening News and Daily Mail with complaints about how some eight year old threw a crisp packet in their front garden.

Man the **** up. A drum for 90 minutes and folk are contacting the club and telling Rodders? FFS.

This.

It's a drum. 'It gave me a sore head! It annoyed me last time!' I'm sure the hearts fans annoy everyone when they come here as well. Seriously what is the problem? Poor from Hibs.

Some of the comments above are startling. There is nothing wrong with a drum to improve atmosphere

Gatecrasher
08-03-2014, 09:39 AM
IMO there's a huge difference between a football atmosphere and someone banging a drum for 90 mins. If the Motherwell fans were to come to ER and sing for 90 mins then I doubt there would be many complaints. In fact they would probably be praised.

green day
08-03-2014, 10:09 AM
There is probably more greeting on here than on Motherwell fan sites about this.

Who cares? If it gives that fat jambo lover Tam Cowan something to greet about this afternoon, is it going to worry me? No.

Perhaps an own goal by Hibs, but I am more concerned about beating Well than beating ourselves up.

The_Horde
08-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Think the fact my attempt to get a Ryan McGivern chant going at the Motherwell game getting ignored is another reason that the atmosphere at Easter Road is dying and needs sorted.

A lot of the time section 43 don't like signing unless you're in their wee group when you start the song.

On this occasion I reckon it's just cos he's garbage. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2014, 11:04 AM
This.

It's a drum. 'It gave me a sore head! It annoyed me last time!' I'm sure the hearts fans annoy everyone when they come here as well. Seriously what is the problem? Poor from Hibs.

Some of the comments above are startling. There is nothing wrong with a drum to improve atmosphere

Yes there is, your opinion is startling to me it's a football match FFS not a concert or some silly parade where drums are common place, real football fans sing songs they do not beat drums get over it.

Alex Trager
08-03-2014, 11:07 AM
[/B]

Yes there is, your opinion is startling to me it's a football match FFS not a concert or some silly parade where drums are common place, real football fans sing songs they do not beat drums get over it.

Haha

--------
08-03-2014, 11:28 AM

That is about as bigoted and prejudiced a post as I've seen anywhere on the internet. You should be at Parkhead.

Absolutely right. Any Motherwell supporter I've met has as little time for the OF (either side) as I have. They choose to go to Fir Park to watch their team Motherwell rather than heading off to Ibrox or Parkhead as so many do in North Lanarkshire.

There are four clubs playing in NL within an hour of where I live - Motherwell, Airdrieonians, Hamilton and Albion Rovers. A lot of people on here make funny comments about their supporters from time to time on this board - inbreds, huns without bus tickets, knuckledraggers etc, etc.

Some of the best players I've seen at ER in my time came from this area - Pat Quinn, John McNamee, John Brownlie, Willie Hamilton, Joe McBride, John Collins, Joe and Gerry Baker - to name only a few. According to the bigots' wisdom these guys were all either wannabe Huns or wannabe Soapdodgers.

And then some of the same bigots come on later preening themselves about something they call "Hibs class" and how Hibs fans aren't inbred knuckledragging bigots like the supporters of some other teams in Scotland.

Just what exactly IS a "true Hibee", btw? Someone prepared to put up with seven years of increasingly bad football, mismanagement and confusion at ER, while still claiming the high moral ground over everyone else? Do you have to have a username in Erse? A tricolour flying in the front garden?

Truth is, it's embarrassing that the Well fans who come through, few as they might be, can still usually end up making more noise than the home support, with or without their drum.

Capt Mainwaring
08-03-2014, 11:37 AM

What a load of old ****!!

Swedish hibee
08-03-2014, 12:09 PM
That drum they had done my head in! I'm not against drums at all, but there's is extremely annoying.. Just bring a normal drum, and everyone is happy yeah?

Just Alf
08-03-2014, 12:26 PM
That drum they had done my head in! I'm not against drums at all, but there's is extremely annoying.. Just bring a normal drum, and everyone is happy yeah?

Got to say you're bang on.

Maybe 'cause there's no "tune" most of the time.... Hell, even when they were on the box it pi**ed me off!

frazeHFC
08-03-2014, 12:51 PM
[/B]

I agree, just a shame a tiny fraction of the support sing at the so called 'smaller' games. The drum is needed in our support, the games we've not been allowed it the atmospheres been horrific.

Hibernia Na Eir
08-03-2014, 12:55 PM
we should get Phil Collins in. he'd keep everyone happy :-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-03-2014, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE=Doddie;3925456]That is about as bigoted and prejudiced a post as I've seen anywhere on the internet. You should be at Parkhead.

I very much doubt thats true.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-03-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm delighted the 'Well drummer has been told to beat it. Theres a twat wi a drum at The Hawthorns and its not doing anything for my enjoyment of the game.

--------
08-03-2014, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Doddie;3925456]That is about as bigoted and prejudiced a post as I've seen anywhere on the internet. You should be at Parkhead.

I very much doubt thats true.

Doubt it if you like. I'm not lying.

Hiber-nation
08-03-2014, 02:56 PM
That is about as bigoted and prejudiced a post as I've seen anywhere on the internet. You should be at Parkhead.

Absolutely right. Any Motherwell supporter I've met has as little time for the OF (either side) as I have. They choose to go to Fir Park to watch their team Motherwell rather than heading off to Ibrox or Parkhead as so many do in North Lanarkshire.

There are four clubs playing in NL within an hour of where I live - Motherwell, Airdrieonians, Hamilton and Albion Rovers. A lot of people on here make funny comments about their supporters from time to time on this board - inbreds, huns without bus tickets, knuckledraggers etc, etc.

Some of the best players I've seen at ER in my time came from this area - Pat Quinn, John McNamee, John Brownlie, Willie Hamilton, Joe McBride, John Collins, Joe and Gerry Baker - to name only a few. According to the bigots' wisdom these guys were all either wannabe Huns or wannabe Soapdodgers.

And then some of the same bigots come on later preening themselves about something they call "Hibs class" and how Hibs fans aren't inbred knuckledragging bigots like the supporters of some other teams in Scotland.

Just what exactly IS a "true Hibee", btw? Someone prepared to put up with seven years of increasingly bad football, mismanagement and confusion at ER, while still claiming the high moral ground over everyone else? Do you have to have a username in Erse? A tricolour flying in the front garden?

Truth is, it's embarrassing that the Well fans who come through, few as they might be, can still usually end up making more noise than the home support, with or without their drum.

Spot on Sir.

Hibernia Na Eir
08-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Getting a good 10 minute debate on Radio Scotland right now. Willie Miller seems to think Hibs are spoil sports. Twat.

Aldo
08-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Getting a good 10 minute debate on Radio Scotland right now. Willie Miller seems to think Hibs are spoil sports. Twat.

Anything negative to find bout us and that bunch of ****ing roasters seem to take great pleasure in dwelling on it for ages. It's only a ****ing drum.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Doubt it if you like. I'm not lying.

Its not even the worst theres been on here.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Well those whistles were annoying.....

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Anything negative to find bout us and that bunch of ****ing roasters seem to take great pleasure in dwelling on it for ages. It's only a ****ing drum.

Preston sympathised.

Aldo
08-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Preston sympathised.

I shall take yur word for it as I don't listen to that bunch of .... You know. ;-)

mutley
08-03-2014, 06:03 PM

I'm guessing that was their intention. Sad sad creatures

O'Rourke3
08-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Whistles were very annoying, annoying their own fans and team too no doubt. Let's hope they follow them everywhere from now on.

DaveF
08-03-2014, 06:57 PM

They showed themselves up as immature erses with their silly whistles. Hope the ones who were closest to them enjoy their earache :greengrin

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Agree Let's reinstate the Drum .On my way to the ground I could hear a rat a tat tat sound that got louder as I turned into Albion Place .I expected to see 12 drummers Drumming ,but it was a couple of Coordinated Charity Bucket Shakers .

RIP Bestie
08-03-2014, 09:37 PM
my overriding point was, there's a fairly decent sized ensemble of their support who play drums in another 'sport'. You should know what that is.

So, if you like what they do, then by all means do what you see fit and enjoy their noise.

Just not for me thanks!
No, your overriding point was to express a very bigoted and I would say unjustified opinion of the Motherwell fans. No need for it

GORDONSMITH7
08-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Do you think that if I complained about the ****in' racket played by the DJ/PA bloke today that Hibs would..........

GGTTH

BIG G

Hibernia Na Eir
08-03-2014, 09:52 PM
forgive me for being a ***** bigot (as described above) but did any Hibee miss the snare drum?

Hibernia Na Eir
08-03-2014, 09:55 PM
No, your overriding point was to express a very bigoted and I would say unjustified opinion of the Motherwell fans. No need for it

hey Bestie. It was justified. believe me.

I will reiterate, they're Cockroaches.

can we draw a line at that?

Hiber-nation
08-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Do you think that if I complained about the ****in' racket played by the DJ/PA bloke today that Hibs would..........

GGTTH

BIG G

You are not joking. I don't know what the hell that was he played at half time but it was the most godawful racket I've ever heard.

overdrive
09-03-2014, 12:57 AM
Referee should have stopped the game in the first half. They blew it really loud whenever we got in their box

Joe Baker II
10-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Motherwell fans sang Derry's Walls against Hibs at Fir Park at games in 1990s - I know this is not a banned, sectarian or offensive song but poster may have factual point of sorts.

And Hibs deserve all the criticism they are getting for drum banning, another idiotic decision.

--------
10-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Its not even the worst theres been on here.

What is it in the phrase "about as" that you don't understand?

I didn't say it was "the worst". I said it's up there with some really bad ones. And I'm pleased you agree that there are some prize sectarian bigots around this forum at times.

147lothian
10-03-2014, 09:00 PM
The drum is a bore, its annoying, if they don't have the fans to create an atmosphere why should we let them pretend, ban the silly whistles as well.

--------
12-03-2014, 11:01 AM
The drum is a bore, its annoying, if they don't have the fans to create an atmosphere why should we let them pretend, ban the silly whistles as well.

Isn't it the HOME fans who should be creating the atmosphere? The ones in green and white?

If the home fans were making the noise they should be, we wouldn't hear the Motherwell fans at all.

Football should be raucous, ebullient, noisy and fun. Not a genteel afternoon tea-party. The West Stand, around 3.25 on match day ...

"Would you pass the scones, please, Clarence?"

"Certainly, Cedric - be careful not to get the butter on your nice replica shirt, now. Would you like some jam? Which kind - strawberry or raspberry?"

"Raspberry, please. Oh, drat - did we just score a goal? Now I've got the jam all over my trousers."

"Bad show, old chap. Let me help you clean that up...."

:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
12-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Isn't it the HOME fans who should be creating the atmosphere? The ones in green and white?

If the home fans were making the noise they should be, we wouldn't hear the Motherwell fans at all.

Football should be raucous, ebullient, noisy and fun. Not a genteel afternoon tea-party. The West Stand, around 3.25 on match day ...

"Certainly, Cedric - be careful not to get the butter on your nice replica shirt, now. Would you like some jam? Which kind - strawberry or raspberry?"

"Raspberry, please. Oh, drat - did we just score a goal? Now I've got the jam all over my trousers."

Ah, another West Standers are boring post......FWIW I sit in the West and resent these types of comment.......

FranckSuzy
12-03-2014, 11:22 AM

Ah, another West Standers are boring post......FWIW I sit in the West and resent these types of comment.......

So do I as I've NEVER been offered a scone :grr: :wink:

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2014, 11:23 AM

:greengrin I think you have just had a woosh moment Brockie? :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
12-03-2014, 11:31 AM
:greengrin I think you have just had a woosh moment Brockie? :wink:

Par for the course for me:greengrin

le bill
12-03-2014, 02:20 PM

Ive always been tempted to make a cardboard cutout of the below picture and wave it at the east from my heated, padded throne in the west! :wink:

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1187596.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/SingePrawnSandw-1187596.jpg

147lothian
12-03-2014, 05:37 PM

What load of tripe, the drum is boring, that's all there is to it, im a season ticket holder in the east stand, don't see why that should make any difference, the drum is an annoying bore

Chuck Rhoades
12-03-2014, 06:31 PM
What load of tripe, the drum is boring, that's all there is to it, im a season ticket holder in the east stand, don't see why that should make any difference, the drum is an annoying bore

Do you participate in songs/chants at ER? I'll put money on no.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2014, 06:49 PM
What is it in the phrase "about as" that you don't understand?

I didn't say it was "the worst". I said it's up there with some really bad ones.

It really isn't.

FranckSuzy
12-03-2014, 06:52 PM

Thank you for your input :tee hee:

FranckSuzy
12-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Ive always been tempted to make a cardboard cutout of the below picture and wave it at the east from my heated, padded throne in the west! :wink:

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1187596.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/SingePrawnSandw-1187596.jpg

You sit in the toilet? :shocked: :greengrin Go for it :wink:

147lothian
12-03-2014, 07:31 PM
It really isn't.

If you find the drum interesting, I bet you found the whistles interesting too?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2014, 09:06 PM
If you find the drum interesting, I bet you found the whistles interesting too?

You've lost me with that one.

--------
12-03-2014, 09:41 PM
It really isn't.

IMO, Oh yes it is! :wink:

le bill
12-03-2014, 09:55 PM
You sit in the toilet? :shocked: :greengrin Go for it :wink:

:greengrin like it! should hand them out to people entering the west for next home game!!! :wink:

le bill
12-03-2014, 09:57 PM
:greengrin like it! should hand them out to people entering the west for next home game!!! :wink:

not ACTUAL prawn sannies I hasten to add!!! :greengrin

FranckSuzy
12-03-2014, 09:59 PM
not ACTUAL prawn sannies I hasten to add!!! :greengrin

Thank goodness for that! They are sooo last year. Sundried tomato and brie on rye is the favourite now :agree: :wink:

le bill
12-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Thank goodness for that! They are sooo last year. Sundried tomato and brie on rye is the favourite now :agree: :wink:

what about the old classic..........................................h ttps://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs8OmL4Sk0dqBV_9dCQ_2cB1zN9XZxZ Lq3C7Q8d5ihxp_LxJFE8wthe cucumber brigade has a certain ring to it!!!:greengrin

Iggy Pope
12-03-2014, 10:45 PM
IMO, Oh yes it is! :wink:

I find the prefixing of the word 'Leeds' with the word 'dirty' at every opportunity fairly bigoted.
And Motherwell fans get on my tits, so I'm with HNE on that one.
And I spill my jam in the FF :cb