PDA

View Full Version : Watmore injury

GreenArmyyy!
06-03-2014, 07:09 AM
Butcher has just said He has no idea when Watmore will be back. We really need the young lad available as soon as possible.

Kato
06-03-2014, 07:17 AM
Kicked up and down all day in the Cup-Tie.

Onion
06-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Butcher has just said He has no idea when Watmore will be back. We really need the young lad available as soon as possible.

Jees, the lad lasted 1 game in Scotland before he was crocked. Got cut down every time he ran at a RR player :rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
06-03-2014, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE=Onion;3924068]Jees, the lad lasted 1 game in Scotland before he was crocked. Got cut down every time he ran at a RR player :rolleyes:[/QUOTE
They and he maybe don't want to risk playing him if that was his first experience and let's face it we don't have many skill full players so he will attract same attention when he does come back in ,but if it's bone issue in foot as reported ,and it flares up at all in training Sunderland aren't going to put there player at risk of aggravating it and then having an injury that puts him out longer .Also we are now going to have to dig in for results .Shame he didn't get to immediately establish himself as Butcher had high hopes for him and rated him . I thought I read a week ago he was back up training with us but he hasn't turned out in the games k T has played in ,so it's whether he will throw him right back in without these type of games or whether he wasn't ready to feature in them Am sure we will get clarification over next few days what position is.

theonlywayisup
06-03-2014, 08:02 AM
They and he maybe don't want to risk playing him if that was his first experience and let's face it we don't have many skill full players so he will attract same attention when he does come back in ,but if it's bone issue in foot as reported ,and it flares up at all in training Sunderland aren't going to put there player at risk of aggravating it and then having an injury that puts him out longer .Also we are now going to have to dig in for results .Shame he didn't get to immediately establish himself as Butcher had high hopes for him and rated him . I thought I read a week ago he was back up training with us but he hasn't turned out in the games k T has played in ,so it's whether he will throw him right back in without these type of games or whether he wasn't ready to feature in them Am sure we will get clarification over next few days what position is.

Did someone not say that the Sunderland coach was at the Raith game to watch Watmore. I can imagine the coach saying "nah, he is not going to play in a league where he is getting halved everytime he tries to run forward". The 'injury' is maybe a political way of preventing him from being kicked. Pure guesswork on my behalf!

Meant to add, the player is class and will play at a level well above the SPL in 1-2 years time.

Ferry Hibbee
06-03-2014, 08:13 AM
Did we not have a lad on loan from Newcastle who got injured and went back to Newcastle after a very short tenure, unfortunately don't recall the name. Is there something about the Scottish game these North Eastern English club players don't like?

hibeemikey21
06-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Did we not have a lad on loan from Newcastle who got injured and went back to Newcastle after a very short tenure, unfortunately don't recall the name. Is there something about the Scottish game these North Eastern English club players don't like?

Phil Airey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Airey

Great decision from him to leave after half a game v Kilmarnock. His career has gone really well since then.......

Contrast that with Dummett, who stuck it out up here for a season and is now starting games regularly for Newcastle.

Carheenlea
06-03-2014, 08:30 AM
I don't think we will see Watmore in a Hibs jersey again sadly.

Ozyhibby
06-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Hope Marsella has a better summer transfer window than January.

JimBHibees
06-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Kicked up and down all day in the Cup-Tie.

Yep the systematic chopping down was very cynical and made a complete nonsense of McLean's decision to let the first guy off without a yellow which IMO set the tone.

JimBHibees
06-03-2014, 08:58 AM

Cant remember Marsella hacking the guy down?

Callum_62
06-03-2014, 09:03 AM
I don't think we will see Watmore in a Hibs jersey again sadly.

whys that?

SaulGoodman
06-03-2014, 09:06 AM

:faf::faf:

silverhibee
06-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Cant remember Marsella hacking the guy down?

Was it not said that the lad Watmore picked up a knock in training rather in the game against Ross County, maybe Marsella gave him a sly kick. :greengrin

hibeeleicester
06-03-2014, 10:45 AM
:faf::faf:

You laugh, but he has got a point there somewhere.

Boateng is not what we need right now.
Watmore was always going to be raw, 6 month loan or just use our own?

Haynes i like. :agree:

Carheenlea
06-03-2014, 11:08 AM
whys that?

Only on loan till seasons end, and if recovery is another week or so, I'd suspect Sunderland will be reluctant to let him play in an environment where he will get kicked up and down the park and risk aggravating the injury for the sake of two or three games.

JimBHibees
06-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Was it not said that the lad Watmore picked up a knock in training rather in the game against Ross County, maybe Marsella gave him a sly kick. :greengrin

Fair enough, think it was the Raith game he was being hacked at every turn. Maybe Marsella did kick him in training :greengrin

Stevie Reid
06-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Joe Cardle did him in the Raith game, it was a real dull one and you could see from the challenge that that was Cardle's intention.

This ties in with someone on here saying recently that they spoke Watmore and he told them that he took a sore one early on in the cup game but the adrenalin got him through to the end of the match (IIRC).

Viva_Palmeiras
06-03-2014, 11:31 AM
I'd be surprised to see him return for aforementioned reasons. Putting him in against lower leagues who were always going to be up for it and out to knobble/stop him was a gong to be a risk. As it turned out it wouldn't have mattered.

What a sad indictment on the Scottish game.

Seveno
06-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Let's not get carried away here. The EPL is far more physical that the SPFL. Referees wave play on under circumstances where a red card would be shown in Scotland.

Plus, we don't have anyone like Charlie Adam. Oh wait, I forgot about Jim Goodwin.

oneone73
06-03-2014, 11:42 AM
I'd be surprised to see him return for aforementioned reasons. Putting him in against lower leagues who were always going to be up for it and out to knobble/stop him was a gong to be a risk. As it turned out it wouldn't have mattered.

What a sad indictment on the Scottish game.

Isn't there footage of Watmore starring for Altrincham or somewhere? He's tough enough for the lower echelons of English football, he's tough enough for here. Are people seriously saying Sunderland didn't know what Scottish football was like? He'll be back imo

Mikey
06-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Joe Cardle did him in the Raith game, it was a real dull one and you could see from the challenge that that was Cardle's intention.

This ties in with someone on here saying recently that they spoke Watmore and he told them that he took a sore one early on in the cup game but the adrenalin got him through to the end of the match (IIRC).

Yep, it was definitely picked up in that game.

Callum_62
06-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Sunderland dont want to put him in an environment where he could be kicked....soooo, a football pitch then??

Seems a bit ott the way some are talking here....its the spl, not wwf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmashinGlass
06-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Yep, it was definitely picked up in that game.

I was also told he'd picked up an additional knock in training to supplement the raith assault

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Unbelievably frustrating. Such massive high hopes for the lad after that Raith game

FranckSuzy
06-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Unbelievably frustrating. Such massive high hopes for the lad after that Raith game

:agree: and Leith Links have sponsored his boots :grr:

overdrive
07-03-2014, 06:35 AM
I thought Sunderland said that part of the reason they wanted him to come here was to toughen him up. Sounds strange if they then don't want him to come because of a few kicks

CallumLaidlaw
07-03-2014, 06:38 AM
I thought Sunderland said that part of the reason they wanted him to come here was to toughen him up. Sounds strange if they then don't want him to come because of a few kicks

I think it's all just opinion on here. Someone mentioned the Phil Airey situation and people are putting 2 and 2 together.

Wotherspiniesta
07-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Correct me I'f im wrong but was it not the case that Phil Airey himself had a look and went running back to Newcastle, rather than them wanting him back?

Don't think that Watmore's the kind of lad to shy away from a challenge.

Two totally different scenarios.

Aldo
08-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Did someone not say that the Sunderland coach was at the Raith game to watch Watmore. I can imagine the coach saying "nah, he is not going to play in a league where he is getting halved everytime he tries to run forward". The 'injury' is maybe a political way of preventing him from being kicked. Pure guesswork on my behalf! Meant to add, the player is class and will play at a level well above the SPL in 1-2 years time.

The coach was indeed at that game and was surprised we didn't give The lad more of the ball, especially after their players had been booked.

Shame really cos the guy is a prospect.

The_Horde
08-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Was speaking to a lad last night who's cousin plays for Sunderland reserves and reckons Watmore is rubbish and will be released. I've told him this goes against everything I've already heard about the lad and what he looked like in his first performance for us but he was adamant.

Aldo
08-03-2014, 09:33 AM
;3925406"]Was speaking to a lad last night who's cousin plays for Sunderland reserves and reckons Watmore is rubbish and will be released. I've told him this goes against everything I've already heard about the lad and what he looked like in his first performance for us but he was adamant.

I know for a fact that Sunderland hold him in high regard. I was told this by the coach that scouted him, signed him for Sunderland and then suggested he come to Hibs on loan.

He's far from rubbish.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 09:39 AM
;3925406']Was speaking to a lad last night who's cousin plays for Sunderland reserves and reckons Watmore is rubbish and will be released. I've told him this goes against everything I've already heard about the lad and what he looked like in his first performance for us but he was adamant.

Winding you up He hasn't been there long enough to make that judgement .There was no mention of him being injury prone so that would be one reason to let him go .He needs to prove he can go out on loan and handle the physical part of game and like Cummings for us young players at some point need to start scoring for first team as Stanton has done We have had lots of under 20 players that were prolific but could step up Kurtis Byrne was the classic example,he put Rangers to the sword at youth cup final at Hampden and looked a cert to find his way into first team as saw him a few times ,but it didn't happen for him

O'Rourke3
08-03-2014, 09:44 AM
If he's not in the squad today he may as well go home. He was brought in for the cup and that went threepennies up quite quickly. He got no protection from the ref. All 4 Rovers bookings were tackles on him. Still haven't seen the pen at the end again but at the game thought it looked stonewall being assaulted by two tackles from each side. Watmore isn't going to bring the "fed ups" after the Rovers game back so I think we are safe from the play off spot, so lets see the youths....

The_Horde
08-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Winding you up He hasn't been there long enough to make that judgement .There was no mention of him being injury prone so that would be one reason to let him go .He needs to prove he can go out on loan and handle the physical part of game and like Cummings for us young players at some point need to start scoring for first team as Stanton has done We have had lots of under 20 players that were prolific but could step up Kurtis Byrne was the classic example,he put Rangers to the sword at youth cup final at Hampden and looked a cert to find his way into first team as saw him a few times ,but it didn't happen for him

He's not the sort to be at the wind up mate, he won't know how highly we regard Duncan.

The_Horde
08-03-2014, 10:01 AM
I know for a fact that Sunderland hold him in high regard. I was told this by the coach that scouted him, signed him for Sunderland and then suggested he come to Hibs on loan.

He's far from rubbish.

I agree with you mate and what I've seen backs this up. Just thought I'd throw that out there. If they want to release him then sound! I'll have him here :greengrin

Aldo
08-03-2014, 10:09 AM
;3925431"] I agree with you mate and what I've seen backs this up. Just thought I'd throw that out there. If they want to release him then sound! I'll have him here :greengrin

Indeed B. The boy is a player. The ref unfortunately didn't protect him enough v Raith. As for him being released... If that was indeed the case, which from what I've been told would be highly unlikely, then I'd take him in a flash.

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2014, 10:13 AM
If Watmore remains injured for much longer surely the loan deal will be cancelled.

silverhibee
08-03-2014, 10:39 AM
If Watmore remains injured for much longer surely the loan deal will be cancelled.

The problem with the lads injury is there is no time limit to get back to fitness, he has bruising on the bone and all he can do is rest it and wait for it to heal and get stronger, Hibs probably just thought it was a knock and he would run it of through the week in training but he seemingly took a knock on the Thursday on the same bit and is now out for a few weeks at least.

Eyemouth Hibby
08-03-2014, 01:32 PM
This has been a real tragedy for me. I watched the clips posted on you tube and thought wow what a player. In the first interview he gave he came across as an intelligent and articulate young lad. Then some nomarks from Kirkcaldy boot him all over the park in that garbage cup competition. I say it's a real shame because he's exactly the kind of player that people would come along and watch on a Saturday even if they weren't Hibby's. The kind of player that would make stay away fans return to Easter Road. Hope the lad doesn't blame Hibs, possibly agrees to give us a go next year, and goes on to have a great career.

cocopops1875
08-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Only on loan till seasons end, and if recovery is another week or so, I'd suspect Sunderland will be reluctant to let him play in an environment where he will get kicked up and down the park and risk aggravating the injury for the sake of two or three games.
Do you think he is pushing for a 1st team place down there like ?