PDA

View Full Version : What a rocket (fan banned for firework)

Ship Hibs
05-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Silly laddie, sure he'll have learned his lesson now http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hibs-fan-banned-from-matches-for-18-months-1-3330126

3pm
05-03-2014, 08:12 PM
My initial thought to getting barred for 18 months is 'lucky *******'. :faf:

mca
05-03-2014, 08:16 PM
" The court was told that although he was not seen setting off the device, he was caught with it by police because he was seen “fidgeting” within the crowd. " :whistle:

silverhibee
05-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Really. :shocked:

Chuck Rhoades
05-03-2014, 08:41 PM
And the racist fan who racially abused Jordan Tapping only got a 12 month ban... :rolleyes:

Ridiculous.

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2014, 08:44 PM
And the racist fan who racially abused Jordan Tapping only got a 12 month ban... :rolleyes:

Ridiculous.

Think the point is that a rocket has the potential to cause a lot more physical harm than words.

silverhibee
05-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Think the point is that a rocket has the potential to cause a lot more physical harm than words.

It was a fire-cracker not a rocket. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2014, 08:51 PM
It was a fire-cracker not a rocket. :greengrin

I was talking about the rocket that had the firecracker. :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
05-03-2014, 08:53 PM

Edit?

Yes. Another male was banned on the back of the racist remarks towards Tapping today to answer you previous question.

And it wasn't a rocket, it was a smoke bomb. Bit different no?

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Edit?

Yes. Another male was banned on the back of the racist remarks towards Tapping today to answer you previous question.

And it wasn't a rocket, it was a smoke bomb. Bit different no?

I have no idea. I read it as a firecracker... eventually. :greengrin

However... the point I was making stands. Whether it's a rocket/firecracker/smokebomb/Catherine wheel.... the Court's view seems to be that it is a greater threat to public safety than some moron shouting "F*** you, you black c***".

Probably mine too, TBH.

truehibernian
05-03-2014, 08:59 PM
I have no idea. I read it as a firecracker... eventually. :greengrin

I believe they are petards CWG - that's what the Hibs yoof call them.

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2014, 09:03 PM
I believe they are petards CWG - that's what the Hibs yoof call them.

And are they hoist "with" or "by" them? :greengrin

Tinribs
05-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Plus 210 hrs of unpaid community service. Seems a bit much for a young chap who will be earning very little anyway in the current climate.
If he had a firework/firecracker (Whats the ******g difference?), then fine and ban for a year..no need to repay the community, that idea was set up to basically repay damage done within ones own local when you had robbed your neighbours. He did not do that.

truehibernian
05-03-2014, 09:10 PM
And are they hoist "with" or "by" them? :greengrin

I can never tell mate, there's always too much smoke fae the smoke bombs for me to see 😀

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2014, 09:14 PM
I can never tell mate, there's always too much smoke fae the smoke bombs for me to see 

:top marks

mca
05-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Plus 210 hrs of unpaid community service. Seems a bit much for a young chap who will be earning very little anyway in the current climate.
If he had a firework/firecracker (Whats the ******g difference?), then fine and ban for a year..no need to repay the community, that idea was set up to basically repay damage done within ones own local when you had robbed your neighbours. He did not do that.

Yer Spot on... it will soon be as Bad as Smoking in cars... :aok: - picking up litter for smoking in your works van.. :agree: etc

Tinribs
05-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Yer Spot on... it will soon be as Bad as Smoking in cars... :aok: - picking up litter for smoking in your works van.. :agree: etc

Aye mate, boils my urine to be honest.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Good old .net cops!

Bishop Hibee
05-03-2014, 09:30 PM
210 hours is ridiculous. I know someone who was dealing drugs from a house next to a primary school who got not much more than that. The reporting is deliberately clouding (ahem) the issue as a smoke bomb is nowhere near as dangerous as a firework.

Football fans are an easy target for the authorities to look as if they are enforcing law and order :rolleyes:

mca
05-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Good old .net cops!

Not so sure about Net.Cops.. - The real cops only caught him fidgeting !! :agree:

We Don't even know - what he Really actually "Had" in his Hand. :faf:

Tinribs
05-03-2014, 09:34 PM
210 hours is ridiculous. I know someone who was dealing drugs from a house next to a primary school who got not much more than that. The reporting is deliberately clouding (ahem) the issue as a smoke bomb is nowhere near as dangerous as a firework.

Football fans are an easy target for the authorities to look as if they are enforcing law and order :rolleyes:

I like the Clouding analogy thingy, but this poor chap seems to be getting the CCS Hibs hard sentence deal. And he ain't CCS.

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Not so sure about Net.Cops.. - The real cops only caught him fidgeting !! :agree:

We Don't even know - what he Really actually "Had" in his Hand. :faf:

It was a cracker, apparently.

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2014, 09:36 PM
I like the Clouding analogy thingy, but this poor chap seems to be getting the CCS Hibs hard sentence deal. And he ain't CCS.

Alexis Korner.... now HE was CCS.

silverhibee
05-03-2014, 09:36 PM
And yet they set fireworks of at Hampden before international games, how is that allowed. :confused:

Banned from football for 18 months and 210 hours of community work for having a fire-cracker inside a football ground. :crazy:

SouthamptonHibs
05-03-2014, 09:38 PM
A tad harsh on the lad!
18month ban from football, might not be to bad Hibs might be decent when he is allowed back!
Hail Hail

Tinribs
05-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Alexis Korner.... now HE was CCS.

He is a slightly abstract, but interesting guy. The Capital City Service lost a good, high brained recruit with that dude.

Collective Consciousness Society. For any of our more out-there members to peruse.

mca
05-03-2014, 09:42 PM
It was a cracker, apparently.

is it one punishment for all sizes.. or do the Courts see fit to dish out Lengthier ones.. :greengrin

macca70
05-03-2014, 09:46 PM
He clearly knew he was in the wrong by taking it into the game.

They are banned from all football grounds.

Pre-meditated, clearly knew he was breaking the law. Deserved all the punishment he got.

All for him and the pretend Ultra's to get there cheap thrills over a minute of Green Smoke.

DC_Hibs
05-03-2014, 09:52 PM
So he didn't actually set it off but he was in possession of it.
I reckon if he'd said he intended to set it off on the train on the way hame it would have been a lesser punishment as it wasn't "fitba related".

Current day football is boring as f and we need as many bams as possible to liven up proceedings so this bammer will be sorely missed over the next 18 months.

Maybe we should fund some exchange visits to other stadia in other countries so he can keep his hand in and lessen the risk of him losing interest....or bampotness.

frazeHFC
05-03-2014, 09:53 PM
The accused was seen looking shifty and suspicious and moved an item about, so he was spoken to. He was fidgeting. He was told he would be searched for possession of a firearm.

A firearm? Thought it was Perth not Beirut!

HibbyKeith
05-03-2014, 10:12 PM
You get a lesser sentence for kicking a police officer.

Lad knew what he was doing so no sympathy.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Seems a bit of a harsh sentence.

However if he had the same things as others were setting off that day then it wasn't 'just a smoke bomb'. I was at Perth that day and the whole game there was a bunch of dafties setting off things that made a banging noise. Not sure what they are but they were really ****ing annoying.

Mikey
06-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Even LincolnJambo got a lighter sentence.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-26456029

green&left
06-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Mental that sexually assualting a female in a football stadium (Groundsman at Tannadice) gets a lesser punishment than someone carrying a smokebomb. Likewise the Peterhead hun who racially abused that young lad. The inconsistency with football related crimes is a farce. Didn't an Aberdeen fan at an away game only get 6 month banning order for carrying 'pyro'?

And whoever said that carrying a daft smoke bomb is worse than racially abusing a kid playing football, stop talking pish.

Jack
06-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Mental that sexually assualting a female in a football stadium (Groundsman at Tannadice) gets a lesser punishment than someone carrying a smokebomb. Likewise the Peterhead hun who racially abused that young lad. The inconsistency with football related crimes is a farce. Didn't an Aberdeen fan at an away game only get 6 month banning order?

And whoever said that carrying a daft smoke bomb is worse than racially abusing a kid playing football, stop talking pish.

I think the inconsistency in sentencing goes way beyond football.

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Mental that sexually assualting a female in a football stadium (Groundsman at Tannadice) gets a lesser punishment than someone carrying a smokebomb. Likewise the Peterhead hun who racially abused that young lad. The inconsistency with football related crimes is a farce. Didn't an Aberdeen fan at an away game only get 6 month banning order for carrying 'pyro'?

The point I made is that the Court obviously see a smoke bomb as potentially more dangerous to public safety than a moron with a character deficiency.

And I reserve the right to talk pish if I want.

silverhibee
06-03-2014, 10:38 AM
The point I made is that the Court obviously see a smoke bomb as potentially more dangerous to public safety than a moron with a character deficiency.

And I reserve the right to talk pish if I want.

What harm can a firework do in the wrong hands. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-YNkN-6usk :tee hee:

Hibrandenburg
06-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Werder Bremen have just announced that they intend to ban their fan choreography, large flags being brought into the stadium and may even have to raise ticket prices to cover the fines they receive from the authorities when their fans set off pyrotechnics in the stadium. More clubs expected to follow suit.

brian6-2
06-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Werder Bremen have just announced that they intend to ban their fan choreography, large flags being brought into the stadium and may even have to raise ticket prices to cover the fines they receive from the authorities when their fans set off pyrotechnics in the stadium. More clubs expected to follow suit.

thats an absolute sin if true. do you have any links to any articles regarding this?

Hibrandenburg
06-03-2014, 11:36 AM
thats an absolute sin if true. do you have any links to any articles regarding this?

Can't post a link on my mobile but you can copy and paste this in your browser.

http://m.welt.de/article.do?id=newsticker/sport-news/article125493727/Nach-Pyro-Zwischenfall-Werder-verbietet-Stadion-Choreographie

Hibrandenburg
06-03-2014, 11:38 AM

Or here

http://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/vermischtes5_artikel,-Choreo-Verbot-im-Weserstadion-_arid,796554.html

brian6-2
06-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Or here

http://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/vermischtes5_artikel,-Choreo-Verbot-im-Weserstadion-_arid,796554.html

cheers mate :aok:

green&left
06-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Can't see it happening. Cherographies, pyro technics, passionate support, its engrained in their culture and identity. I think they'll reach some sort of compromise such as only doing it before matches, not throwing any on the field of play etc.

Hibrandenburg
06-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Can't see it happening. Cherographies, pyro technics, passionate support, its engrained in their culture and identity. I think they'll reach some sort of compromise such as only doing it before matches, not throwing any on the field of play etc.

It's already happening bud.

Just had a browse through their fan forum and it would seem that it's having an effect already. A lot of fans turning on each other and the general consensus seems to be that the pyro needs to stop.

Stantons Angel
06-03-2014, 06:02 PM
He clearly knew he was in the wrong by taking it into the game.

They are banned from all football grounds.

Pre-meditated, clearly knew he was breaking the law. Deserved all the punishment he got.

All for him and the pretend Ultra's to get there cheap thrills over a minute of Green Smoke.

I agree!

There is plenty advertising letting everyone know that any incendiary device carried or used anywhere near a football stadium is an offence!

This person deserves to be shown how serious an offence this is. it doesnt make any difference whether its a firecracker, flare or whatever. if let off in a crowded area it causes fear and confusion and people panic and start shoving and trying to get away from the smoke and sparks. Trampling people underfoot and causing alarm.

I just hope he wont be caught up in something like that should he ever get back inside a football ground1

Hence there is no need for them at a football match!

marinello59
06-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Those firecracker things at Perth that day were mental, nearly gave me a heart attack.
Banning him from going to the fitba is a kindness. I would just have sentenced him to several random firecracker attacks. (Letting one off in his bedroom first thing in the morning etc.)

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Those firecracker things at Perth that day were mental, nearly gave me a heart attack.
Banning him from going to the fitba is a kindness. I would just have sentenced him to several random firecracker attacks. (Letting one off in his bedroom first thing in the morning etc.)

And make him sit through re-runs of the Raith, Malmo and United games on a permanent loop.