PDA

View Full Version : Question How do we beat Motherwell?

TheFamous1875
05-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Motherwell are a better team than Hibs. They're a settled squad with talented players who know their role in their team.

They have a good CB pairing of McManus and Hutchinson, with Hammell at left full back.

They have the accomplished and experienced Keith Lasley in midfield, so we'll have our hands full in the midfield battle. Perhaps Thomson would be the ideal candidate to take the game to him?

And upfront the have the options of John Sutton, Henri Anier and McFadden. It's safe to say that we'll have our hands full and that our defenders will need to be on the ball for the 90 minutes.

They're organised, settled, and they have a very good coach at the helm in McCall.

How do a team like Hibs beat them? We're anything but settled. We're short on confidence and of little footballing ability within our ranks. With that established, what do we do? We can't just accept defeat. We're capable of playing football to a level that could beat 'Well (not that it's looking to be a likely outcome).

I'm not incredibly versed on how they play football, or any potential weaknesses they have, so could anyone suggest how they think Hibs can grab the three points this Saturday?

I think it's safe to say that with the players we have at our disposal, the sensible approach would be to try and contain teams, the way Pat Fenlon wanted it to be - especially against the teams that are high in the league.

I'm sure we're capable of winning this weekend, I just don't know HOW we could do it right now.

Oscar T Grouch
05-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Okay I'll do it, we score more goals than them.

I'll get ma coat ;)

SouthamptonHibs
05-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Against the top 6 teams I can't see us beating any of them. A big disadvantage we have is Easter Road. As it's a nice big pitch, great place to play in Scotland every team is up for there trip to Easter Road.

Our team is pretty poor!

Possible way to get a point is play all the experienced players.

Gk: Williams in goal.
Strikers: Heff and Haines up top.

Drop players like Cummings, Handling And Harris (all are young and have been poor this year).

Midfield: Craig, Thomson, Stanton in the middle with Defence: Hanlon Nelson McGivern at centre back.

Not sure which other two players I'd play as it would depend on 5-3-2 or a 3-5-2 formation. Maybe Watmore and Boetang

Defo injured: McPake, Roberston, TJ and Twaio out

Bench: Gk, Maybury, Collins, Stevenson, Cummings, Harris and Handling.

What ever team we play it will be tough IMO

Hail hail

VivaHiberña
05-03-2014, 05:35 PM
I'd agree re Thomson; he's axactly what we need in an experienced, defensive player who'd be useful against the likes of Motherwell who will make us play in our own half. The drawback is that I'd say we need to counter-attack and playing Thomson risks slowing things down too much: one of the possible (lets not go into that) reasons he's not been near the squad under Butcher. If it weren't for the suspension I'd go for Taiwo. So my DM come Saturday would be OTJ.

That said, counter-attacking is imo the best way to beat a passing side (I think?) like Motherwell, especially given that with the way we're playing just now there's no way we could try playing how we did against Celtc, which is a pity because had we played like that against any other side in the league we would have beaten them comfortably.

So with counter-attacking in mind, I would suggest:

Collins, Handling

Stevenson, Stanton, Tudur-Jones, Haynes

McGivern, Hanlon, Nelson, Forster

Williams

With OTJ a bit further back, not quite 4-1-3-2 but not quite 4-4-2 if you get me. Use possession quickly and use the pace on the wings, ideally I'd put Harris on the left but he's not quite there yet.

Gus Fring
05-03-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm sure Tudur Jones is still injured, Watmore definitely is and I don't think Thompson is match fit yet.

Keith_M
05-03-2014, 05:50 PM
We won't.

TheFamous1875
05-03-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm sure Tudur Jones is still injured, Watmore definitely is and I don't think Thompson is match fit yet.

So it'll be Craig and Stanton? Couldn't think of a worse pairing :(

Pleading with the gods that Thomson is fit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

theonlywayisup
05-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Motherwell are a better team than Hibs. They're a settled squad with talented players who know their role in their team.

They have a good CB pairing of McManus and Hutchinson, with Hammell at left full back.

They have the accomplished and experienced Keith Lasley in midfield, so we'll have our hands full in the midfield battle. Perhaps Thomson would be the ideal candidate to take the game to him?

And upfront the have the options of John Sutton, Henri Anier and McFadden. It's safe to say that we'll have our hands full and that our defenders will need to be on the ball for the 90 minutes.

They're organised, settled, and they have a very good coach at the helm in McCall.

How do a team like Hibs beat them? We're anything but settled. We're short on confidence and of little footballing ability within our ranks. With that established, what do we do? We can't just accept defeat. We're capable of playing football to a level that could beat 'Well (not that it's looking to be a likely outcome).

I'm not incredibly versed on how they play football, or any potential weaknesses they have, so could anyone suggest how they think Hibs can grab the three points this Saturday?

I think it's safe to say that with the players we have at our disposal, the sensible approach would be to try and contain teams, the way Pat Fenlon wanted it to be - especially against the teams that are high in the league.

I'm sure we're capable of winning this weekend, I just don't know HOW we could do it right now.

Motherwell have won the last 14 games against the bottom six sides. The league does not lie. We will lose!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-03-2014, 06:35 PM
We won't.

TheFamous1875
05-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Maybe I've sussed it: 4-3-3. Do we have the players to do it, though?

Williams.

Forster. Nelson. Hanlon. McGivern.

Stanton. Thomson. Stevenson.

Haynes. Collins/Heff. Harris.

Think about it: Thomson orchestrating the passes to the wingers and like he did back in the day, Stanton box-to-box, Stevenson enabling McGivern and to get forward and Harris to stay forward. I feel with his experience, Haynes will be aware of the importance of helping out Stanton and Forster, and with his speed and athleticism, he'll be able to contribute effectively (Harris and Forster don't have this). Collins and Heff - whoever does better in training.

I'm pretty positive that Motherwell play 4-4-2, and this could really give us the edge against them with that midfield 3. It's looking bleak, so maybe this is the risk we should take?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scoopyboy
05-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Motherwell have won the last 14 games against the bottom six sides. The league does not lie. We will lose!

I hear what you're saying but how do you explain Albion Rovers beating them in the cup?

If they can beat them then surely we have a wee chance.

heretoday
05-03-2014, 08:32 PM
We could try bribery.

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2014, 08:32 PM
We could try bribery.

Would Bayern loan him to us?

lord bunberry
05-03-2014, 08:44 PM
If we play well then we've got a chance, apart from celtic and maybe at times the sheep there's not a huge difference between the teams. Motherwell have a fairly settled team and that has helped them be more consistent but as someone else pointed out they lost to albion rovers, we certainly shouldn't be afraid of them.

hibs4thecup1988
05-03-2014, 09:22 PM
7/4 on Motherwell to win ... huge price

Hibercelona
05-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Motherwell could be at their absolute worst and they would still beat us based on our current form.

You've got to actually be in the game in order to get a result. I just can't see us turning up for this one, anymore than we did against Dundee Utd.

The only way we're going to win is if the players turn up. But how often does that happen? :rolleyes:

DTS
05-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Will be the same back five(williams included) watmore into midfield if fit for Harris Stanton and Craig in the middle Stevenson left handling and Haynes up front! And we will be subject to another dire performance at home. Motherwell will take us to the cleaners

Sir David Gray
05-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Could we get away with playing 14 players?

ehf
05-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Motherwell could be at their absolute worst and they would still beat us based on our current form.

You've got to actually be in the game in order to get a result. I just can't see us turning up for this one, anymore than we did against Dundee Utd.

The only way we're going to win is if the players turn up. But how often does that happen? :rolleyes:

:agree: This is a huge test for Butcher and Malpas.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Could we get away with playing 14 players?

We probably still wouldn't win :faf:

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Hibs will beat Motherwell comfortably. They're a decent team, and Stuart McCall has done a great job there, but clubs like that are destined to be regular cannon fodder for the new Hibs. About time they started getting used to it.

Hibernia&Alba
05-03-2014, 10:59 PM

Don't you dare! :-D

Jones28
05-03-2014, 11:03 PM
We just have to be so **** that they get bored and leave the pitch early. Going by Fridays shambles it would be pretty ****ing easy.

Big test for Butcher, but if we turn it on and play like we have done under TB we can certainly give it a good shot.

ehf
05-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Hibs will beat Motherwell comfortably. They're a decent team, and Stuart McCall has done a great job there, but clubs like that are destined to be regular cannon fodder for the new Hibs. About time they started getting used to it.

Exactly: Easter Road is a fortress these days and we are fortunate to be "watching good football as part of a passionate and vibrant support".

Actually beginning to feel a bit sorry for Well, now...

Bostonhibby
05-03-2014, 11:16 PM
How do we beat Motherwell?

Subbuteo?

Pete
05-03-2014, 11:27 PM
We've no chance. Don't bother turning up. Might as well just give them the three points now. Why don't we just shut the gates. I'm browbeaten and subjugated

...or we stop McFadden and get ripped into them. Draw at the very least! :aok:

Boyle89
06-03-2014, 02:33 AM
I really hope there comes a day when fans of other teams will be asking this question about us. I want to say something positive like, don't worry about them, just play our way and let them worry about us. However we can't do that so 10 men behind the ball and maybe a hoof will get caught in the wind an fly over the keepers head... :)

CB_NO3
06-03-2014, 06:32 AM
Let me pick the team. I beat them on a regular basis on Football Manager :-)

Jim44
06-03-2014, 07:09 AM
I'm assuming that Albion Rovers beat them because Motherwell saw the result as a foregone conclusion. They won't make the same mistake against inferior opposition again. Damage limitation required ..... a draw would be a great result.

Ronniekirk
06-03-2014, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE=SouthamptonHibs;3923703]Against the top 6 teams I can't see us beating any of them. A big disadvantage we have is Easter Road. As it's a nice big pitch, great place to play in Scotland every team is up for there trip to Easter Road.

Our team is pretty poor!

Possible way to get a point is play all the experienced players.

Gk: Williams in goal.
Strikers: Heff and Haines up top.

Drop players like Cummings, Handling And Harris (all are young and have been poor this year).

Midfield: Craig, Thomson, Stanton in the middle with Defence: Hanlon Nelson McGivern at centre back.

Not sure which other two players I'd play as it would depend on 5-3-2 or a 3-5-2 formation. Maybe Watmore and Boetang

Defo injured: McPake, Roberston, TJ and Twaio out

Bench: Gk, Maybury, Collins, Stevenson, Cummings, Harris and Handling.

What ever team we play it will be tough IMO

Hail hail[/QUOT
Think the consensus from those that have seen him play is boetang isn't ready and he was a fault for one of United s goals so Wong have done his confidence any good.

Ronniekirk
06-03-2014, 08:00 AM
We've no chance. Don't bother turning up. Might as well just give them the three points now. Why don't we just shut the gates. I'm browbeaten and subjugated

...or we stop McFadden and get ripped into them. Draw at the very least! :aok:
Ainsworth will also cause problems and they Will look to go down the flak and get crosses in for sutton to get on end of as United did that with ease so butcher will have needed to be working on that and how we can then hit them on break so Hayes is key but how we get support to him and not just Hoofball tolone isolated striker is just as crucial Tiawo and Stanton have worked well in middle so that partnership will be broken up Does he drop Craig as if he has another poor game or gets subbed again his confidence will be rock bottom.

The Sea-gull
06-03-2014, 08:03 AM

Ha ha. You seem to post stuff like this all the time but it rarely comes off! I like your attitude though and that is the way it should be. Sadly, the way things shouldbe and the way things are tend to be completely differnet scenarios in recent years.

theonlywayisup
06-03-2014, 08:06 AM
I hear what you're saying but how do you explain Albion Rovers beating them in the cup?

If they can beat them then surely we have a wee chance.

James Ward in, Terry Butcher out

The Sea-gull
06-03-2014, 08:13 AM
How do we beat Motherwell? If everyone plays to their ability and works as a team and/or we get a wee break or two and Well are not quite on their game then we have a chance. Any team can beat any team in the SPFL in one off games, it is just the better teams have less bad days and the poorer teams less good meaning some teams lose more games than others.

Good Hibs performance and good Motherwell. Motherwell win.

Good Hibs performance and Motherwell play ok. Draw.

Good Hibs performance and Motherwell play poor. Hibs win

Hibs play ok and Motherwell good. Motherwell win.

Hibs play ok and Motherwell ok. Motherwell win

Hibs play ok and Motherwell poor. Draw.

Poor Hibs and good Motherwell. Big Motherwell win

Poor Hibs and ok Motherwell. Motherwell win.

Poor Hibs and poor Motherwell. Motherwell win.

Realistically we need to play decent and they need to be poor for us to win. I would not be surprised if we can sneak a win tomorrow as Motherwell do have a tendancy to chick the odd game here and there but if I was putting money on I would go 2-0 or 3-1 Well.

number9dream
06-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Hammell & Lasley were missing against Hearts and Zaine-Angol went off hurt, so Well may have to draft in some youngsters.
Having said that, they have won EVERY game (home and away) against the teams in the bottom six this season, which shows the kind of consistency we can only dream of.
McFadden is showing some form after a slow start and Ainsworth has been a great signing.
The keeper Neilsen is a weak link though - but will we get near him to put him under pressure?

gegs70
06-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Drop Harris...put Thomson in the middle with Stanton...bring back Cairney with Stevenson also in middle.

Haynes and help up front.

Paloschi
06-03-2014, 09:06 AM
How to we beat them?

TACTICS! something we have not been able to employ for a long time.

Their front 3 and winger Ainsworth are all very dangerous players. I'd man mark Sutton (Hanlon has done this well v Hearts before). The problem is our full back positions, to stop McFadden, Anier and Ainsworth will be very difficult but we can nullify that by stopping the supply going to them. This means controlling the midfield and Kevin Thomson, Sam Stanton and Lewis Stevenson can do that if put in as a flat 3.

I'd go for Haynes and Heffernan up front with Cairney or Handling in a free role. Lasley and co will be busy with our midfield trio and this will allow space between the midfield and forwards for either Paul or Danny to exploit. Haynes can then run the channels to give us width and Heffernan can stay on the last man.

PeeJay
06-03-2014, 09:15 AM
We have a goal-scoring problem - EVERY team in the league has scored more than us except ONE (guess who) - that alone is reason enough to doubt that we can win any game, never mind Motherwell ...

TRC
06-03-2014, 09:52 AM
With a stick

Barrabus
06-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Would Bayern loan him to us?
Cracker!

ehf
06-03-2014, 10:11 AM
We have a chance of winning if Butcher gets his team selection, formation and tactics right.

After all, we drew with Celtic earlier in the season. Here's a clue, Terry: Thomson and Heffernan were in the team that day...

Thecat23
06-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Well are a far better side right now. But we must at least try to compete. If we just turn up and expect to be beat it's not good enough. Folk are blaming TB and rightly so in some aspects. But some of these so called pro's just simply aren't giving their all. They need to have a good hard look at themselves if you ask me. Both Butcher and the players must do their very best until the end of the season.

The Sea-gull
06-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Well are a far better side right now. But we must at least try to compete. If we just turn up and expect to be beat it's not good enough. Folk are blaming TB and rightly so in some aspects. But some of these so called pro's just simply aren't giving their all. They need to have a good hard look at themselves if you ask me. Both Butcher and the players must do their very best until the end of the season.

I don't think the players ever turn up and expect to get beat and will always try to compete but sometimes they are just not good enough as has been the case a lot in recent years.

A lot of fans will turn up and expect a doing when things are not going well but I don't think anyone ever really goes thinking a beating is a cast iron guaruntee otherwise what is the point in going at all?

I love how all the happy clappers on here come on and say things like "we'll win this one" or "a draw will be the minimum we'll take". Suppose if you say it often enough it will be true one of these weeks. All the positive thinking and positive support has been working wonders in recent years eh?

Fans can play a part of course they can but in the main teams lose games regulalry when they are just not as good as a lot of the other teams in the league, as has been the case with Hibs in the last 4 seasons. This has far more to do with losing matches than the type of support given on this message board and at the stadium.

spike220
06-03-2014, 10:44 AM
We have a goal-scoring problem - EVERY team in the league has scored more than us except ONE (guess who) - that alone is reason enough to doubt that we can win any game, never mind Motherwell ...

You are right. If only we could score more goals.......

Thecat23
06-03-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't think the players ever turn up and expect to get beat and will always try to compete but sometimes they are just not good enough as has been the case a lot in recent years.

A lot of fans will turn up and expect a doing when things are not going well but I don't think anyone ever really goes thinking a beating is a cast iron guaruntee otherwise what is the point in going at all?

I love how all the happy clappers on here come on and say things like "we'll win this one" or "a draw will be the minimum we'll take". Suppose if you say it often enough it will be true one of these weeks. All the positive thinking and positive support has been working wonders in recent years eh?

Fans can play a part of course they can but in the main teams lose games regulalry when they are just not as good as a lot of the other teams in the league, as has been the case with Hibs in the last 4 seasons. This has far more to do with losing matches than the type of support given on this message board and at the stadium.

Don't really like the term "happy clappers". If folk want to believe that Hibs can win and truly believe it then it does no harm. I agree some players are simply not good enough and it has been the case for to long.

But I also firmly believe players don't give 100%. I've been in the company of players after a game and heard many say when we lost that goal etc.. "I didn't fancy us". Granted this was last season but some just don't believe we will win. I don't want that attitude from any player and when TB brings in his new signings I want them installed with the belief that we can win any game. That way players will go out give 100% if we lose while trying I think it's easier to take than a loss when you can clearly see the players not putting in the shift they should. I know some may find it hard to believe but footballers are no different from any of us it's just a job and if you don't like the job you are in you very rarely give all your effort.

JimBHibees
06-03-2014, 11:06 AM

Spot on, this is a key period for the club in terms of having the patience to allow Butcher to do his job. It seems after an initial lift (e.g great energy, full backs bombing forward, loads of shots and crosses - where has all that gone?) that we have now moved back to maybe a default for the squad we have. Raith and United were games we were very poor indeed, with lack of energy, confidence, ability. It is vital that the team start playing a bit better and we finish the season strongly.

What we dont need for sure are the fans getting on Butcher's case?

The Sea-gull
06-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Don't really like the term "happy clappers". If folk want to believe that Hibs can win and truly believe it then it does no harm. I agree some players are simply not good enough and it has been the case for to long.

But I also firmly believe players don't give 100%. I've been in the company of players after a game and heard many say when we lost that goal etc.. "I didn't fancy us". Granted this was last season but some just don't believe we will win. I don't want that attitude from any player and when TB brings in his new signings I want them installed with the belief that we can win any game. That way players will go out give 100% if we lose while trying I think it's easier to take than a loss when you can clearly see the players not putting in the shift they should. I know some may find it hard to believe but footballers are no different from any of us it's just a job and if you don't like the job you are in you very rarely give all your effort.

Don't particularly like the Happy Clapper or Doom and Gloomer labels but they seem to an easy way to bracket posters on here.

I'm all for believing that Hibs can win. I believe this every week, that we can win. What I have a problem with is when folk state that Hibs will win or Hibs won't lose as if they know that to be the case. Prime example is when Danny Haynes said we would win and he would score last week.

Thecat23
06-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Don't particularly like the Happy Clapper or Doom and Gloomer labels but they seem to an easy way to bracket posters on here.

I'm all for believing that Hibs can win. I believe this every week, that we can win. What I have a problem with is when folk state that Hibs will win or Hibs won't lose as if they know that to be the case. Prime example is when Danny Haynes said we would win and he would score last week.

Ah right I see what you mean. Yeah we shouldn't be mouthing off before games. Hibs should now be putting in the effort to try win than what they are going to do so to speak.

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Motherwell must have become Barca or Bayern when I was looking the other way. Yes we've had some poor and some indifferent performances, but I'm expecting nothing less than three points with victory by at least a comfortable two goal margin.

The Sea-gull
06-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Motherwell must have become Barca or Bayern when I was looking the other way. Yes we've had some poor and some indifferent performances, but I'm expecting nothing less than three points with victory by at least a comfortable two goal margin.

Love the positivity but just interested, what do you base your prediction on?

sahib
06-03-2014, 12:31 PM

Hibs are at their best when expectations are low. It is not logical, but it's the best I can come up with.

ehf
06-03-2014, 12:32 PM

Don't think he's being entirely serious...

Billy Whizz
06-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Thought Thomaon my have come into the reckoning for this one, but Butcher saying he's still not fit enough yet

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Thought Thomaon my have come into the reckoning for this one, but Butcher saying he's still not fit enough yet

Either that or he is just saying that because he doesn't want to play him? We need KT.

DTS
06-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Let me pick the team. I beat them on a regular basis on Football Manager :-)

Really I can never beat them

Pete
06-03-2014, 03:14 PM

The bookies analyse games thoroughly (not back of fag packet stuff like some on here) and have come up with these odds.

Still, those who say we will definitely win are questioned before those who say we will definitely lose.

Football isn't about stats when your own team is involved. The default position for a supporter is optimism, positivity and faith..sometimes blind.

So I'll repeat for the doom and gloomers: I think we'll win because we're capable and we're the hibs.

What do I base it on?: Yer Ma! :greengrin:

JimBHibees
06-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Motherwell's last away game was a 3-0 defeat to St Johnstone so I wouldnt be thinking we dont have a chance going into this game. Would play Collins and Haynes up top and go for it to be honest.

truehibernian
06-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Thought it was Motherwell we were playing not Borussia Dortmund ??

Of course we can beat 'Well - there was nowt between the sides opening day of the season and even last year games went either way - they'll try and get the ball out wide at any given opportunity. Pressing game required with better possession retention from us.

I'd play Cummings and Haynes up front due to McManus and Hutchison struggling to handle pace. Need our wide players to be on their game though.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Thought it was Motherwell we were playing not Borussia Dortmund ??

Of course we can beat 'Well - there was nowt between the sides opening day of the season and even last year games went either way - they'll try and get the ball out wide at any given opportunity. Pressing game required with better possession retention from us.

I'd play Cummings and Haynes up front due to McManus and Hutchison struggling to handle pace. Need our wide players to be on their game though.
If go with these 2 up front, however Cummings was limping after being taken off for the Scotland under 19's yesterday

erin go bragh
07-03-2014, 08:39 AM
We have a great record against Motherwell . Yes we were very poor against Utd but that game is history . Lets hope we give a much improved performance against well . The same team that lost their last away game 0-3 at St Johnstone . Cmon Hibs get stuck right into them .

Ggtth

JimBHibees
07-03-2014, 08:49 AM
We have a great record against Motherwell . Yes we were very poor against Utd but that game is history . Lets hope we give a much improved performance against well . The same team that lost their last away game 0-3 at St Johnstone . Cmon Hibs get stuck right into them .

Ggtth

When did we last beat them at Home?

The Sea-gull
07-03-2014, 08:59 AM

Ggtth

Great record? We have won 111, drawn 69 and lost 100 v them. Given the difference in size of the clubs I would suggest that record is anything but great.

Last four years we have won 3, lost 7 and drawn 2 v them. Two of these wins came in 2010 meaning we have won one of the last 10 v Well including losing the last 4 games we have played against them.

I'm struggling to think of a team we have had a great record against in the last 4 years but if you want to take it back a bit to the start of 2007/8 you an add another 4 wins to our tally but also 5 defeats and 2 draws.

None of this means we can't beat them tomorrow of course not but saying we have a great record v them is just simply not true and I am sorry to pick out your post but posters like myself who just try and call it like it is (the truth hurts sometimes and certainly does at the moment) constantly get pulled up as bed wetters by shiny-happy-everything-in-the-garden-is-rosy-through-my-green-tinted-specs (not necessarily saying you are one) for making so called dramas out of things when in actual fact we are just speaking the truth and folk who try and put a positive spin on everything really just have their heads in the sand.

The Sea-gull
07-03-2014, 09:00 AM
When did we last beat them at Home?

I've made a post covering our "great" record v Motherwell JimB. Last time we beat them at home was in Nov 2010.

JimBHibees
07-03-2014, 09:12 AM
I've made a post covering our "great" record v Motherwell JimB. Last time we beat them at home was in Nov 2010.

Yep thought I was forgetting all these great wins. :greengrin

Can remember a few good away wins however not to have beaten them at home for that amount of games is a joke to be honest.

Craig_in_Prague
07-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Heard Tommy Wright this morning talking about their game at Raith tomorrow, he said Raith done well winning at Easter Road - as its a hard place to go.

Aye gid yin !

If he means for the home fans, then yes he's spot on.

Another semi final beckons for Saints.

steviehibsleith
07-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Frank Sauzée graced Easter road at 34yo.
Wonder if TB would say sorry Frank fitness levels are not SPL standard .
My take is that the MM fallout is true and no going back which is slightly alarming as Football is a game of passion with many fallouts on the training ground or matchday. Is this why other players have been dropped - and no way back for Caldwell after his spat.
Not trying to say TB is wrong and if he can turn things round for us great but in light of injuries and suspension to Taiwo and a dip in form by one or two payers really think KT should at least be considered.

jdships
07-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Okay I'll do it, we score more goals than them.

I'll get ma coat ;)

Was just going to post that when I saw your note.
Will meet you on the way out !:greengrin:wink::wink:

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Frank Sauzée graced Easter road at 34yo.
Wonder if TB would say sorry Frank fitness levels are not SPL standard .
My take is that the MM fallout is true and no going back which is slightly alarming as Football is a game of passion with many fallouts on the training ground or matchday. Is this why other players have been dropped - and no way back for Caldwell after his spat.
Not trying to say TB is wrong and if he can turn things round for us great but in light of injuries and suspension to Taiwo and a dip in form by one or two payers really think KT should at least be considered.

Did you mean to post this on this thread as it's more about K T and there is separate one about him not playing .you may of course mean that playing K T would give us better chance of beating Motherwell .

steviehibsleith
07-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Did you mean to post this on this thread as it's more about K T and there is separate one about him not playing .you may of course mean that playing K T would give us better chance of beating Motherwell .
Correct thanks Ronnie wrong thread :wink:

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Correct thanks Ronnie wrong thread :wink:
Your welcome ,have done it a few times myself

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-03-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm still pissed off that we had a 2 goal cushion against them last season and threw it away and got beat 3-2!

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm still pissed off that we had a 2 goal cushion against them last season and threw it away and got beat 3-2!

Chill, how can you still be harbouring that I have now forgotten how bad we were against united Tomorrow's another day Might be our turn to turn the tables on them.

erin go bragh
08-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Great record? We have won 111, drawn 69 and lost 100 v them. Given the difference in size of the clubs I would suggest that record is anything but great.

Last four years we have won 3, lost 7 and drawn 2 v them. Two of these wins came in 2010 meaning we have won one of the last 10 v Well including losing the last 4 games we have played against them.

I'm struggling to think of a team we have had a great record against in the last 4 years but if you want to take it back a bit to the start of 2007/8 you an add another 4 wins to our tally but also 5 defeats and 2 draws.

None of this means we can't beat them tomorrow of course not but saying we have a great record v them is just simply not true and I am sorry to pick out your post but posters like myself who just try and call it like it is (the truth hurts sometimes and certainly does at the moment) constantly get pulled up as bed wetters by shiny-happy-everything-in-the-garden-is-rosy-through-my-green-tinted-specs (not necessarily saying you are one) for making so called dramas out of things when in actual fact we are just speaking the truth and folk who try and put a positive spin on everything really just have their heads in the sand.
Since season 99/00 we have beat them 16 times to their 11 . This to me would say its a great record . But some people always have a glass half empty look on things ( not saying your one of them )
Anyway as i were saying , they were lucky to get a point today but at 0-2 i would have took your hand off if offered a draw .

Ggtth