PDA

View Full Version : Summer time. sign a captain.

Hibiza
04-03-2014, 10:37 AM
A good one. :flag:

AngusHibby
04-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Anyone in mind?

Also does anyone know who the ICT captain is?

TheFamous1875
04-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Anyone in mind?

Also does anyone know who the ICT captain is?

Richie Foran. He signed a new contract with them this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AngusHibby
04-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Richie Foran. He signed a new contract with them this season.

Ah, he's getting on a bit anyway. Thought it was Gary Warren or David Raven for some reason

ahibby
04-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Ah, he's getting on a bit anyway. Thought it was Gary Warren or David Raven for some reason

I don't care who just get LC on the next bus back to Perth. I'm probably being out of order but I thought I'd take it out on someone, today.

Unseen work
04-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Captains are overrated IMO... Have a good squad is more important to me than deciding who the captain is, far more things if rather change than the captain

Mikey09
04-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Captain Phillips....
Captain Sensible...
Captain Caveman....
Captain Cook...

Sorry, I'm bored

jeffers
04-03-2014, 12:52 PM
We have one but he never gets a game.

Hibercelona
04-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Captains are overrated IMO... Have a good squad is more important to me than deciding who the captain is, far more things if rather change than the captain

Disagree.

A strong minded captain on the field is vital to a good team.

GREEN WARLORD
04-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Captain Phillips....
Captain Sensible...
Captain Caveman....
Captain Cook...

Sorry, I'm bored

Captain America
Captain Birdseye
Captain Corelli
Captain Pugwash
Captain Manwaring

Also bored.

CB_NO3
04-03-2014, 01:06 PM
A captain is not important in the modern game IMO. We should have 11 captains. A player should inspire another player or fans by playing excellent and not wearing a daft bit tape on his arm.

Hibiza
04-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Just beaten, to Captain Pugwash. app got a nifty left peg. :flag:

TheFamous1875
04-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Leaders are important. We have none. A captain should have his deputies. Jones had strong characters in his team, such as Brown, Beuzelin, Stewart, Thomson, Murphy, Whittaker, but there was no question he was the leader.

So far, strong characters in our squad are Thomson, Nelson, Robertson, Williams and dare say it, Stanton. That's no where near enough.

Unseen work
04-03-2014, 01:39 PM
Disagree.

A strong minded captain on the field is vital to a good team.

IMO having one player like that is pointless, you need more than one. A lot of the time the strong minded leader isn't the captain, sometimes it's the best player sometimes it's the one who leads by examples with their behaviour.

Either way I think the fact they wear a band around their arm is pretty irrelevant

jacomo
04-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Captain Phillips....
Captain Sensible...
Captain Caveman....
Captain Cook...

Sorry, I'm bored

How about a submarine captain?

supershotmo
04-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Captain Clarence Oveur

Captain America

Captain Birdseye
Captain Corelli
Captain Pugwash
Captain Manwaring

Also bored.

calumhibee1
04-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Carlos Puyol is leaving Barca at the end of this season.. :greengrin

RoslinInstHibby
04-03-2014, 02:46 PM
IMO having one player like that is pointless, you need more than one. A lot of the time the strong minded leader isn't the captain, sometimes it's the best player sometimes it's the one who leads by examples with their behaviour.

Either way I think the fact they wear a band around their arm is pretty irrelevant

what about the immediate impact that mcpake made when he first arrived....a leader on the pitch makes a huge difefrence....man utd have nver been the same since keano left, and regardless of personal feeling for the guy...Terry back in the chelsea team every week has made a huge difference to them...

Unseen work
04-03-2014, 03:05 PM
what about the immediate impact that mcpake made when he first arrived....a leader on the pitch makes a huge difefrence....man utd have nver been the same since keano left, and regardless of personal feeling for the guy...Terry back in the chelsea team every week has made a huge difference to them...

There's no doubt mcpake made a big difference, but to me that's more the type of player he is than the fact he was captain, my point is that it doesn't matter who the captain is, it's the type of players that we have that's important, with the attitude of hating to lose and a confidence about them. Like I say I don't think we need to sign someone as a "captain" we should just be trying to recruit the players with the correct mindset

greengnome
04-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Captain Phillips....
Captain Sensible...
Captain Caveman....
Captain Cook...

Sorry, I'm bored

Captain Picard.. Captain Janeway...Captain Jack Sparrow... I'm not sorry, just real bored!!! :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
04-03-2014, 03:26 PM
There's no doubt mcpake made a big difference, but to me that's more the type of player he is than the fact he was captain, my point is that it doesn't matter who the captain is, it's the type of players that we have that's important, with the attitude of hating to lose and a confidence about them. Like I say I don't think we need to sign someone as a "captain" we should just be trying to recruit the players with the correct mindset

You're missing the point. He was capitain "because" he was that type of player.

It's all well and good having strong characters in the team, all over the pitch. But you can only really have one captain that leads the way, otherwise you would have every player on the park, trying to tell every other player what to do and that would just create more problems.

CB_NO3
04-03-2014, 03:36 PM
You're missing the point. He was capitain "because" he was that type of player.

It's all well and good having strong characters in the team, all over the pitch. But you can only really have one captain that leads the way, otherwise you would have every player on the park, trying to tell every other player what to do and that would just create more problems.

I think the point he is making is McPake would still be like that if he played this Saturday and was not captain. Xavi has captained Barca this season yet Puyol is still the one telling everyone what to do. Ronaldo does not captain Real Madrid but is still the most inpirational player in the world.

Hibercelona
04-03-2014, 06:11 PM
I think the point he is making is McPake would still be like that if he played this Saturday and was not captain. Xavi has captained Barca this season yet Puyol is still the one telling everyone what to do. Ronaldo does not captain Real Madrid but is still the most inpirational player in the world.

For me, the captain isn't the one wearing the arm band, but the one with the characteristics of a captain.

Unfortunately, I don't see any of this from the current lot, so it would make no odds who we gave the band to anyway.

3pm
04-03-2014, 06:17 PM

I am expecting a tweet from JKB meltdown saying he's signing for them.

Hibby70
04-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Captain Chaos...

LioNeilMessi
04-03-2014, 06:32 PM

Saw that his knee was stopping him playing at La-Liga/Champions League level, can't see how he would make the step up to the SPFL myself.

Ronniekirk
04-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Captain Chaos...
Captain Marvel

Captain Kirk

Captain Calamity

Over to someone else very very very Bored

RIP Bestie
04-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Captain Chaos...
McPake??:greengrin

Hibercelona
04-03-2014, 07:22 PM
I think a few of you have been on the Captain Morgan. :drunk:

Ronniekirk
04-03-2014, 07:24 PM
I think a few of you have been on the Captain Morgan. :drunk:
Ho Ho Ho and a bottle of Rum:agree:

lucky
04-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Another thread attacking our players. LC has done ok this season. Don't recall his captaincy being called into question when took and scored the penalty against them in the New Year derby. Suppose that's not enough leadership for some

Hibercelona
04-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Another thread attacking our players. LC has done ok this season. Don't recall his captaincy being called into question when took and scored the penalty against them in the New Year derby. Suppose that's not enough leadership for some

I would suspect that it wouldn't be enough for most people to be honest.

Lots of players step up to the spot and score penalties, that doesn't instantly make them captain material.

Hexham Hibee
04-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Captain Beefheart
Captain Fantastic
Captain and Tennille
Captain Scarlett

Really bored - River City night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EastCalderHibby
04-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Captain Chaos...

allready got 11 of them

Unseen work
04-03-2014, 08:12 PM

Exactly what I'm getting at mate. The captain doesn't necessarily have to be the big loud guy that screams the entire game. Guys like xavi, pirlo etc all have the type of attitude and leading by example I was speaking about.

Liam Craig might be brilliant in the dressing room and very well respected making him the ideal captain. Just because he's playing very poor doesn't mean we need a new captain IMO

easty
05-03-2014, 08:00 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26439050

Sign him up. Come on Petrie. Speculate to accumulate or something.

Brightside
05-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Exactly what I'm getting at mate. The captain doesn't necessarily have to be the big loud guy that screams the entire game. Guys like xavi, pirlo etc all have the type of attitude and leading by example I was speaking about.

Liam Craig might be brilliant in the dressing room and very well respected making him the ideal captain. Just because he's playing very poor doesn't mean we need a new captain IMO

A captain leads by example. I dont think we have anyone at the moment.

Hank Schrader
05-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Captain Clarence Oveur

:greengrin:aok:

Brightside
05-03-2014, 09:34 AM

His performance against Dundee Utd was a disgrace. The least i expect from my players is commitment.

WestEndHibee
05-03-2014, 01:10 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26418208

Why are we being continually outbid these days!!!

BUTCHER!!

PETRIE!!

ARGHHH :grr::fuming::grr::fuming::grr::fuming::grr::fumin g:

Jones28
06-03-2014, 12:42 AM
There should be 11 captains out there every week.

Players should all be inspiring each other to do better, not just looking to the captain. Something I really noticed then other night against united. They were all encouraging each other and helping each other out. A real TEAM