PDA

View Full Version : Leigh called up for Scotland

snooky
03-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Congratulations to Sparky for being called up for Scotland.
It's hard to believe that just a few months ago he was playing in the second tier SPL with us.
One cannot begin to appreciate how much his game has improved after a few games with top team Celtic.
Even mark McGee is raving about him now.
Wow, if only he had played like that when he was with us. :whistle:

eastterrace
03-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Congratulations to Sparky for being called up for Scotland.
It's hard to believe that just a few months ago he was playing in the second tier SPL with us.
One cannot begin to appreciate how much his game has improved after a few games with top team Celtic.
Even mark McGee is raving about him now.
Wow, if only he had played like that when he was with us. :whistle:

yes funny that how he has improved so much he is now being hailed as scotlands Savior wish he played like that when we had him but its like any player going to the old firm they come on leaps and bounds and are pitched straight in to the scotland set up. :wink:

Alfred E Newman
03-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Aye, that's one bonus for signing for one of the old firm. Don't think his hat trick at Killie last year had the same effect. :rolleyes:

Hero76
03-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Who cares ? Hes a manky soap dodging ****

Hibercelona
03-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Same old story, we just couldn't get the best out of him! :grr:

Well done to Celtic for unlocking his deep, hidden potential though. If only we had known.

eastterrace
03-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Aye, that's one bonus for signing for one of the old firm. Don't think his hat trick at Killie last year had the same effect. :rolleyes:

that hat trick was pish compared to the one he got with celtic ask mark mcghoo he woul:wink:d tell you its harder to get a hat trick with celtic.

Bostonhibby
03-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Aye he's fair advanced since Lennon said he wasn't good enough to get into the celtc team never mind Scotland.

I suppose the real headline is Celtc player gets picked for Scotland: big yawn.

jdships
03-03-2014, 10:29 PM

Careful , I got pulled up on another forum for referring to Huns and Tic as "The OF"
Evidently now that "Glasgow Rangers " no longer exist there is no OF

" Political correctness, old chap, is paramount " :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Who cares ? Hes a manky soap dodging ****:top marks This exactly

Dashing Bob S
03-03-2014, 10:49 PM
It took a respected European level coach like 'Lenny' to unlock the lad's potential. I doubt anybody else in the Scottish game -with the possible exception of 'Coisty'- could have taken him to the next stage.

EastCalderHibby
03-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Aye he's fair advanced since Lennon said he wasn't good enough to get into the celtc team never mind Scotland.

I suppose the real headline is Celtc player gets picked for Scotland: big yawn.

he,ll be £5 million player now

Allant1981
04-03-2014, 04:46 PM
He is only in the squad due to injuries, did he also not get picked when playing for us?

Wighty76
04-03-2014, 05:01 PM
It took a respected European level coach like 'Lenny' to unlock the lad's potential. I doubt anybody else in the Scottish game -with the possible exception of 'Coisty'- could have taken him to the next stage.

:top marksThis.

PS how cringeworthy is it when the papers refer to them as Lenny and coisty?

Onion
04-03-2014, 05:11 PM
He's scored 4 goals for a team full of cheap duds, under immense pressure in one of the toughest leagues in Europe; shows he's finally ready to emerge as a first-pick Scotland star.