PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle on SS1

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Playing for Chesterfield v Pompey if anyone is interested.

Nae sign of the Pompey rodent with the bell yet.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Chesterfield's goalkeeper, Tommy Lee looks decent.

edwards
03-03-2014, 09:21 PM
That is so boooooooring :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-03-2014, 09:33 PM
That N'gala for Portsmouth is a big lad!

hibbyhabit
04-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Chesterfield's goalkeeper, Tommy Lee looks decent.

You cant be right, i read on here that there are not keepers in the lower league of England, and Ben Williams is as good as we could possibly hope for?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-03-2014, 02:05 PM
You cant be right, i read on here that there are not keepers in the lower league of England, and Ben Williams is as good as we could possibly hope for?

:hilarious

brog
04-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Don't think Doyle touched the ball in the first 40 mins! I agree re Chesterfield keeper but I thought Pompey winger Ricky Holmes was outstanding. He's 26 but only moved from Barnet last summer, was non league before that so Cyber Sauzee or Sergey may know him. There's players out there.

Hermit Crab
04-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Doyle was woeful. Couldn't pass or shoot or control the ball. Glad we got rid.

leither17
04-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Was easily one of the worst games of football i have ever watched

Gordy M
04-03-2014, 06:07 PM
They were saying on talksport this morning that a guy was waiting on chesterfield for £800k on the coral jackpot!!!!! Poor sod!!

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Don't think Doyle touched the ball in the first 40 mins! I agree re Chesterfield keeper but I thought Pompey winger Ricky Holmes was outstanding. He's 26 but only moved from Barnet last summer, was non league before that so Cyber Sauzee or Sergey may know him. There's players out there.

You just need a manager who can spot them, not someone who couldn't find their nose in a mirror.

Butcher has previous in spotting unknown players from the lower leagues, and as you say there are players in these leagues. :agree:

Lets hope he can bring us some hidden gems.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2014, 06:33 PM
You cant be right, i read on here that there are not keepers in the lower league of England, and Ben Williams is as good as we could possibly hope for?No one said that, people just disagreed with the baseless pish that there are countless good 'keeper in England that we could get

Jonnyboy
04-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Doyle was woeful. Couldn't pass or shoot or control the ball. Glad we got rid.

To be faid HC, Doyle wasn't alone in his awfulness. He's joint top scorer at the team leading the division!

Hermit Crab
04-03-2014, 11:44 PM
To be faid HC, Doyle wasn't alone in his awfulness. He's joint top scorer at the team leading the division!

So is the standard in that league better or worse than us because last night was like watching a st mirren v Ross county match.

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2014, 10:14 AM
No one said that, people just disagreed with the baseless pish that there are countless good 'keeper in England that we could get

I never said there were countless keepers we could get, what i said if you had read it properly was, there are keepers on a par and better than Williams in the lower leagues in England. Its been said We are lucky to have him, and he's that good he's irreplaceable.

Well i watch a fair bit of what's going on down here, and there are keepers just as good as Williams that we could afford, and there are keepers who i believe are better that we could afford.

I also have a friend who scouts for a championship club, who watches countless games in the lower leagues and reserve games.

He would know a lot better than you or me about this, and he thinks exactly the same. Even loan deals could be arranged with some clubs for keepers not in the first team, a practise thats worked quite well for Motherwell and Hamilton before.

We have a team thats poor, with an average keeper who is catapulted into Andy Goram like status because he's made a few very good saves, when he's also made a number of real howlers and that number is growing weekly.

hibbysam
05-03-2014, 10:55 AM
I never said there were countless keepers we could get, what i said if you had read it properly was, there are keepers on a par and better than Williams in the lower leagues in England. Its been said We are lucky to have him, and he's that good he's irreplaceable.

Well i watch a fair bit of what's going on down here, and there are keepers just as good as Williams that we could afford, and there are keepers who i believe are better that we could afford.

I also have a friend who scouts for a championship club, who watches countless games in the lower leagues and reserve games.

He would know a lot better than you or me about this, and he thinks exactly the same. Even loan deals could be arranged with some clubs for keepers not in the first team, a practise thats worked quite well for Motherwell and Hamilton before.

We have a team thats poor, with an average keeper who is catapulted into Andy Goram like status because he's made a few very good saves, when he's also made a number of real howlers and that number is growing weekly.

I'm not sure about you or anyone else, but I'm sick fed up of "Loan" deals... I want a settled Hibs side for years to come, Loans are a massive problem with whats going wrong with this club now... 2012 we had players here on loan who didn't give a damn hence we were nearly relegated and lost our biggest ever game. 2013 we had Griffiths and Claros but we lost them at the end of the season because they weren't our players meaning we had a massive challenge to replace them in the summer. I want players we know will be with us for a few years with a sell on value at the end of the day, and build from there. Just my opinion though.

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm not sure about you or anyone else, but I'm sick fed up of "Loan" deals... I want a settled Hibs side for years to come, Loans are a massive problem with whats going wrong with this club now... 2012 we had players here on loan who didn't give a damn hence we were nearly relegated and lost our biggest ever game. 2013 we had Griffiths and Claros but we lost them at the end of the season because they weren't our players meaning we had a massive challenge to replace them in the summer. I want players we know will be with us for a few years with a sell on value at the end of the day, and build from there. Just my opinion though.

I understand what you are saying, yet John Ruddy stood in well for Motherwell and would you rather we never got them 2 seasons out of leigh?

Players are only at clubs like Hibs a couple of seasons or so if they are any good, its only the not so good ones that hang around it seems.

I agree we need to get a settled team with better players, but i don't mind if that is supplemented with a loan or two who are better quality than we can realistically afford.

hibbysam
05-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I understand what you are saying, yet John Ruddy stood in well for Motherwell and would you rather we never got them 2 seasons out of leigh?

Players are only at clubs like Hibs a couple of seasons or so if they are any good, its only the not so good ones that hang around it seems.

I agree we need to get a settled team with better players, but i don't mind if that is supplemented with a loan or two who are better quality than we can realistically afford.

Not at all mate, but we weren't meant to have Leigh any longer than the one season... We were lucky that we had him for two but essentially we moulded him into the player he is now and got absolutely zilch to show for that, yet 6 months later Wolves made over £1m for him.

Loans are generally 6 months to 1 year, It's maybe just how I feel at the minute but I would much rather have a team that is our own and that any players leaving are either because they aren't good enough, or because we are getting money for them as they are going on to better things. I just feel the loan system was completely abused by Fenlon, which stalled the progress of our own youth system for the sake of these loans, which have now been shown to be as good if not better than the loans brought in barring Leigh and Jorge.

You are probably right however that if we can get a young, vibrant, exciting side nailed down that a few loans would help this along...

Hibiza
05-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Eoin Doyle , Roy O'Donovan , James Collins.... thanks Pat.

Jonnyboy
05-03-2014, 04:20 PM
So is the standard in that league better or worse than us because last night was like watching a st mirren v Ross county match.

I don't see enough of it to give an honest answer HC. What I do think though is that topping any professional league means playing well and scoring goals :greengrin