Is he injured
Yes and p*sh

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Yes and p*sh

Anyone at the club you like?

Coco Bryce
02-03-2014, 04:08 PM
He was training/jogging at East Mains yesterday.

greenginger
02-03-2014, 04:10 PM
What about Watmore and Robertson ? any sign of them being fit

PerfectlyFranck
02-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Is he injured

Is his name really that difficult for people to spell... :rolleyes:
Tudur Jones, not Tudor-Jones or whatever Tudar Jones is!

He is supposedly out long-term, but it didn't appear as though he was favoured in the first place.

Onceinawhile
02-03-2014, 04:27 PM

Robertson won't be back before the split. Watmore was supposed to be fit for killie, then dundee United so who knows.

Sir David Gray
02-03-2014, 04:28 PM

Watmore will hopefully not be too far away.

Robertson was reportedly going to be out for 6 weeks when he first picked up his injury and that was about 2 weeks ago so I'm guessing he's going to be out for another month or so.

Iggy Pope
02-03-2014, 04:30 PM

He is supposedly out long-term, but it didn't appear as though he was favoured in the first place.

I notice you had to edit that post.
Did you bollox it yourself while you were rolling your eyes about?

bad_news_boab
02-03-2014, 04:34 PM
To the original poster - Im afraid ive got some bad news. Tudar Jones is injured but im guessing since he was a regular for caley Butcher obviously rates him. In saying that though maybe Butcher knows how to get the best out him? I always remember him being decent for Caley.

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Yes, but there are too many who are not good enough to take us to the next level. Accepting these players in my opinion is settling for second best? Apologies if you don't think I should be hoping for better

HoboHarry
02-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Yes, but there are too many who are not good enough to take us to the next level. Accepting these players in my opinion is settling for second best? Apologies if you don't think I should be hoping for better
We know you think that - we heard you the first time. It just gets long hearing the same thing over and over especially when there is nothing that can be done outside of the transfer window.

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 04:51 PM
We know you think that - we heard you the first time. It just gets long hearing the same thing over and over especially when there is nothing that can be done outside of the transfer window.
And I will continue to give my opinion whether you like it or not

matty_f
02-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Yes and p*sh

Welsh international. He's a decent player, imho.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 04:53 PM

There is nothing though we can do till the summer. I'd like us to have better as well but it might not happen if folk don't buy season tickets. This isn't a dig at anyone as folk maybe can't afford it etc I'm just saying you might have to get used to players like him.

maturehibby
02-03-2014, 04:53 PM

Take it from an old man who learned this saying /adage when at school That a slip of the tongue is not an error of judgement - likewise a spelling error in my question which although wrongly spelt you understood it and were able to answer my simple question for which I thank you .
Unfortunately Spellcheck was no use in this occasion

HoboHarry
02-03-2014, 04:55 PM
And I will continue to give my opinion whether you like it or not
I imagined that you would. Does it never get boring just saying the same thing over and over? Just wondering.....

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 04:57 PM
There is nothing though we can do till the summer. I'd like us to have better as well but it might not happen if folk don't buy season tickets. This isn't a dig at anyone as folk maybe can't afford it etc I'm just saying you might have to get used to players like him.
People aren't buying season tickets because we have to get used to players like him

hibbill2002
02-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Take it from an old man who learned this saying /adage when at school That a slip of the tongue is not an error of judgement - likewise a spelling error in my question which although wrongly spelt you understood it and were able to answer my simple question for which I thank you .
Unfortunately Spellcheck was no use in this occasion
He's from Tyneside, he'd climb a mountain for Tudar

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 05:00 PM
People aren't buying season tickets because we have to get used to players like him

Eh? Folk who moan about the players we sign yet don't bother coming along have a cheek IMHO. The amount of folk who seem to have written off Butcher already and going by the fri thread there are a few. It's just ridiculous. Let's wait and see who comes in and if your still saying the same thing. In fact you Prob will no matter who arrives.

Ronniekirk
02-03-2014, 05:04 PM
The female. Physiotherapist :rolleyes: no wonder we have so many long term injuries .
another one of fenlons experienced pros from other spl teams policy .TB didn't play him that Mutch before he was injured but another one like Heff and Nelson on two year deals but all may be surplus to requirements at end of season .Butcher making it clear he wants players to pass the ball and have pace. all will be on decent money .Maybe with new players he brings in he can find place for T J given he was a regular for him at Inverness and Nelson may be kept as experienced cover given dearth of options at back but T B has made it clear he isn't asking them to play long ball so Nelson clearly can't adapt his game .

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Eh? Folk who moan about the players we sign yet don't bother coming along have a cheek IMHO. The amount of folk who seem to have written off Butcher already and going by the fri thread there are a few. It's just ridiculous. Let's wait and see who comes in and if your still saying the same thing. In fact you Prob will no matter who arrives.
People do have a right, that's what you need to understand. If people are seeing the same old thing week after week and season after season they have a right to say enough is enough. If we do sign decent players in the summer, great, that may bring people back. But to ask us just to accept the fare we have had to endure without being allowed to sound off about it, well to me that's the ridiculous part. My views on players may not be the same as yours but if we do sign someone decent I would be the first to acknowledge it but I'm no clairvoyant and I guess neither are you.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 05:20 PM
People do have a right, that's what you need to understand. If people are seeing the same old thing week after week and season after season they have a right to say enough is enough. If we do sign decent players in the summer, great, that may bring people back. But to ask us just to accept the fare we have had to endure without being allowed to sound off about it, well to me that's the ridiculous part. My views on players may not be the same as yours but if we do sign someone decent I would be the first to acknowledge it but I'm no clairvoyant and I guess neither are you.

No you don't. Like you I've suffered as well. If I turn my back on the club because I've not turned my back and will buy a season ticket and I'm sure many who aren't buying may well try get to as many walk ups. Those who just totally abandon it don't have a right because they have contributed NOTHING. We all feel hard done by previous managers but the way folk are reacting is over the top IMO.

Let's wait until the summer like I say. I hope guys like you still come along and put money into the club so we have a bigger transfer kitty. If not you can't really moan because what have you put in??

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 05:23 PM
The female. Physiotherapist :rolleyes: no wonder we have so many long term injuries .
another one of fenlons experienced pros from other spl teams policy .TB didn't play him that Mutch before he was injured but another one like Heff and Nelson on two year deals but all may be surplus to requirements at end of season .Butcher making it clear he wants players to pass the ball and have pace. all will be on decent money .Maybe with new players he brings in he can find place for T J given he was a regular for him at Inverness and Nelson may be kept as experienced cover given dearth of options at back but T B has made it clear he isn't asking them to play long ball so Nelson clearly can't adapt his game .

Yeah we prob need to hire a fat bald physio ;) it's clear as day some players are not doing what's instructed on the park and there are a few who know they are heading out the door and aren't giving 100%. When TB has his team and implemented his style then we should hopefully see a much better Hibs side. Why do I think this? Because he built a very good side at ICT but it took him longer than one jam transfer window.

PerfectlyFranck
02-03-2014, 05:28 PM
I notice you had to edit that post.
Did you bollox it yourself while you were rolling your eyes about?

I added bold weight onto 'Tudur' for emphasis, if you must know... :rolleyes:

It's just one of those things that irk people, when it doesn't get slammed it goes unnoticed and carries on.
Such as Terry Butcher being referred to as 'El Tel' when he signed, people soon stopped when it was highlighted. :aok:

patch1875
02-03-2014, 06:07 PM
He's a canny player.

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 06:09 PM
No you don't. Like you I've suffered as well. If I turn my back on the club because I've not turned my back and will buy a season ticket and I'm sure many who aren't buying may well try get to as many walk ups. Those who just totally abandon it don't have a right because they have contributed NOTHING. We all feel hard done by previous managers but the way folk are reacting is over the top IMO.

Let's wait until the summer like I say. I hope guys like you still come along and put money into the club so we have a bigger transfer kitty. If not you can't really moan because what have you put in??
Absolute nonsense. Whether you like it or not people will make decisions about how they spend their money. If that means that they don't want to spend it on the football because of what's on offer that's up to them. People have put years and years into the club both in terms of effort and finance. If, because they decide that the dross they have to endure results in them throwing the towel in they have every right to moan about it. I don't really think I need to justify myself to anyone in terms of my contribution to this club, however I will say that I've got about 15 years on you.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Absolute nonsense. Whether you like it or not people will make decisions about how they spend their money. If that means that they don't want to spend it on the football because of what's on offer that's up to them. People have put years and years into the club both in terms of effort and finance. If, because they decide that the dross they have to endure results in them throwing the towel in they have every right to moan about it. I don't really think I need to justify myself to anyone in terms of my contribution to this club, however I will say that I've got about 15 years on you.

Well looks like we will have to agree to disagree. Did I say folk can't spend money where they like! No. I'm saying if you contribute NOTHING to Hibs it's two faced to then moan about players who we sign. I also follow West Ham but I can't really say much about who they sign as I haven't gave anything this season to them. I may not be happy with some things but I feel a bit daft moaning when I've done nothing to support them.

So just because you have 15 years on my makes you more of a fan?

Hibercelona
02-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Why do we seem to pick up far more "injuries" than any other club?

nonshinyfinish
02-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Why do we seem to pick up far more "injuries" than any other club?

Stats please.

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Well looks like we will have to agree to disagree. Did I say folk can't spend money where they like! No. I'm saying if you contribute NOTHING to Hibs it's two faced to then moan about players who we sign. I also follow West Ham but I can't really say much about who they sign as I haven't gave anything this season to them. I may not be happy with some things but I feel a bit daft moaning when I've done nothing to support them.

So just because you have 15 years on my makes you more of a fan?
The two are related. If the club don't do anything to attract the fans they won't come, simple as that. Whether you agree with it or not there are fans out there who have put their heart and soul into the club as well as a lot of money who don't go any more because of what's on offer. Just because you haven't been sickened yet doesn't make you a better fan than any of them. These guys do have a right to moan as I'm sure that most of them would love to come back if there was something better on offer. To say they are giving nothing is an insult considering what they have put into the club previously. There is a tendency nowadays to accept mediocrity at Hibs and Scottish football in general. Well I'm sorry but I want to watch better than the likes of Jones and McPake. For what it's worth I will be getting a season ticket next year but I can see why others won't. That doesn't give me a right to say that they can't moan about it and if I don't like the players we sign next season I may join them

Iggy Pope
02-03-2014, 06:42 PM
I added bold weight onto 'Tudur' for emphasis, if you must know... :rolleyes:

It's just one of those things that irk people, when it doesn't get slammed it goes unnoticed and carries on.
Such as Terry Butcher being referred to as 'El Tel' when he signed, people soon stopped when it was highlighted. :aok:

Well it has irked you, you've slammed it and lets hope it stays slammed.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 06:54 PM
The two are related. If the club don't do anything to attract the fans they won't come, simple as that. Whether you agree with it or not there are fans out there who have put their heart and soul into the club as well as a lot of money who don't go any more because of what's on offer. Just because you haven't been sickened yet doesn't make you a better fan than any of them. These guys do have a right to moan as I'm sure that most of them would love to come back if there was something better on offer. To say they are giving nothing is an insult considering what they have put into the club previously. There is a tendency nowadays to accept mediocrity at Hibs and Scottish football in general. Well I'm sorry but I want to watch better than the likes of Jones and McPake. For what it's worth I will be getting a season ticket next year but I can see why others won't. That doesn't give me a right to say that they can't moan about it and if I don't like the players we sign next season I may join them

Right let's clear this up.. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone YOU said you had 15 years on me as if that's makes your point more valid. Second I am sick to the back teeth of poor teams just like you and others. But I'm still going as if I don't how do we expect to buy players? Please tell me so we can then inform Hibs. Because without fans we have nothing!

Read my posts regarding the Hibs board and you will see I'm far from happy but FFS I'm not running to the hills in a huff because we still have James McPake there. Do I think he's good enough? No I don't actually now. I want better players so the only way it will happen is if folk keep going. I'd understand folk giving up if butcher has had over a year but he's only in the door!!! What you want from him?

I've also put a lot of money and heart and soul over the years into Hibs so don't try patronise me with crap about me insulting others because they don't go.

I'm saying if you don't go it makes you no better than those fake old firm fans who get on their high horse yet when you say "do you attend?" It's the same.... Well no but... No buts if you don't back a new manager don't expect good players in the summer. Your opinion on your club is just that but turning your back when he's had a few months is a joke. Sorry if this upsets you or anyone else but it's true!

Folk love to try twist posts this is clear.. You don't go we can't afford players and will continue to be crap. You do go we have more chance of getting better ones. Yes or no?

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Right let's clear this up.. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone YOU said you had 15 years on me as if that's makes your point more valid. Second I am sick to the back teeth of poor teams just like you and others. But I'm still going as if I don't how do we expect to buy players? Please tell me so we can then inform Hibs. Because without fans we have nothing!

Read my posts regarding the Hibs board and you will see I'm far from happy but FFS I'm not running to the hills in a huff because we still have James McPake there. Do I think he's good enough? No I don't actually now. I want better players so the only way it will happen is if folk keep going. I'd understand folk giving up if butcher has had over a year but he's only in the door!!! What you want from him?

I've also put a lot of money and heart and soul over the years into Hibs so don't try patronise me with crap about me insulting others because they don't go.

I'm saying if you don't go it makes you no better than those fake old firm fans who get on their high horse yet when you say "do you attend?" It's the same.... Well no but... No buts if you don't back a new manager don't expect good players in the summer. Your opinion on your club is just that but turning your back when he's had a few months is a joke. Sorry if this upsets you or anyone else but it's true!

Folk love to try twist posts this is clear.. You don't go we can't afford players and will continue to be crap. You do go we have more chance of getting better ones. Yes or no?
No, because we don't have better players. And I'm not patronising anyone. I think it's insulting to say that people who have put everything that they could into this club for years have no right to moan if they say enough is enough and to say the are putting nothing in.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 07:12 PM
No, because we don't have better players. And I'm not patronising anyone. I think it's insulting to say that people who have put everything that they could into this club for years have no right to moan if they say enough is enough and to say the are putting nothing in.

Notice you didn't answer half of what I was saying. Leave it at that then!! Just stay away if that's what you want. No doubt I'll see you at the next cup semi or final.

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Notice you didn't answer half of what I was saying. Leave it at that then!! Just stay away if that's what you want. No doubt I'll see you at the next cup semi or final.
I truly don't understand half of what you're saying so can't really give an answer. Who said I was staying away? Who died and made you god so that you could decide who could have an opinion?

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 07:25 PM

It was this question from you that prompted my reply of having 15 years on you. Nothing to do with me thinking I was a better fan

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 07:25 PM
I truly don't understand half of what you're saying so can't really give an answer. Who said I was staying away? Who died and made you god so that you could decide who could have an opinion?

Wait I'm confused? You were saying you have had enough right? As in not going until things change? If not then I've got the wrong end of the stick and sorry.

You say you don't understand my post? Ok what don't you understand? As I say everyone can have an opinion but it's very two faced if you don't go or do anything to help the club. It's about our future not out past.

Also like I say, folk who sit in the house like an old firm fan and preach all is wrong with the club yet do nothing to help is two faced.

Can't put it clearer if I'm honest.

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Wait I'm confused? You were saying you have had enough right? As in not going until things change? If not then I've got the wrong end of the stick and sorry.

You say you don't understand my post? Ok what don't you understand? As I say everyone can have an opinion but it's very two faced if you don't go or do anything to help the club. It's about our future not out past.

Also like I say, folk who sit in the house like an old firm fan and preach all is wrong with the club yet do nothing to help is two faced.

Can't put it clearer if I'm honest.
Tell you what, go and read my posts again

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Tell you what, go and read my posts again

So you will continue your support? If so then great. My point still stands though regarding others who don't/never attended yet fire on here giving it big licks. When never actually attending.

Also read my posts and you will see I'm agreeing we need better players, but you are saying its fine for folk to turn there backs yet still moan about the quality of the signing.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Why do we seem to pick up far more "injuries" than any other club?Probably because we know who is injured at our club, while at other clubs like Kilmarnock, St Mirren or Motherwell we have no idea.

Billy Whizz
02-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Probably because we know who is injured at our club, while at other clubs like Kilmarnock, St Mirren or Motherwell we have no idea.

We have had an awful lot over the last year or so, and some long term ones as well.
McPake
Clancy
Harris
Roberston
Thomson
Tudor Jones
Forster
McGivern
Cairney
Watmore
Heffernan
Handling
Nelson
Most of these have missed a number of matches due to injury

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 07:45 PM
So you will continue your support? If so then great. My point still stands though regarding others who don't/never attended yet fire on here giving it big licks. When never actually attending.

Also read my posts and you will see I'm agreeing we need better players, but you are saying its fine for folk to turn there backs yet still moan about the quality of the signing.
Their point is as valid as yours is. It would be folly of the club to ignore their opinions just because they have opted to do something else with their money. I'm sure that if the club opened their eyes and ears they would recognise they have to do something to entice these guys back. Trudging out the same sh*t year after year isn't going to do it and yes they do have a right to voice their opinion and say why they won't be back. As for people coming on here and saying how they feel? This site doesn't even scratch the surface of the problem of disappearing fans.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Their point is as valid as yours is. It would be folly of the club to ignore their opinions just because they have opted to do something else with their money. I'm sure that if the club opened their eyes and ears they would recognise they have to do something to entice these guys back. Trudging out the same sh*t year after year isn't going to do it and yes they do have a right to voice their opinion and say why they won't be back. As for people coming on here and saying how they feel? This site doesn't even scratch the surface of the problem of disappearing fans.

I defo agree with most of this. The club as a whole has failed the fans for years. I get why folk have had enough. If Pat was still here I wouldn't be attending until he went. I'm more annoyed at folk having a go at TB.

Out of interest what are your feelings about him? Not being cheeky or that just want to know how many are giving up but didn't under Pat?

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 08:08 PM
I defo agree with most of this. The club as a whole has failed the fans for years. I get why folk have had enough. If Pat was still here I wouldn't be attending until he went. I'm more annoyed at folk having a go at TB.

Out of interest what are your feelings about him? Not being cheeky or that just want to know how many are giving up but didn't under Pat?
Firstly I'm not giving up yet. I'm fed up, make no bones about it. I'm not sure how this will go. I don't like the football he has us playing just now and I can't believe that he has not played Thomson. He brought 3 players on loan and has neglected to play one of them preferring to play a young centre half out of position when it is clear he is struggling. I'm not excited about his appointment and not greatly impressed with his record, however time will tell. He said the right things after the game on Friday with regards to some players who aren't good enough but we have heard it all before. If we are to take the next step, there are not a lot of the current squad who are capable of helping us do that in my opinion

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Firstly I'm not giving up yet. I'm fed up, make no bones about it. I'm not sure how this will go. I don't like the football he has us playing just now and I can't believe that he has not played Thomson. He brought 3 players on loan and has neglected to play one of them preferring to play a young centre half out of position when it is clear he is struggling. I'm not excited about his appointment and not greatly impressed with his record, however time will tell. He said the right things after the game on Friday with regards to some players who aren't good enough but we have heard it all before. If we are to take the next step, there are not a lot of the current squad who are capable of helping us do that in my opinion

That's why I think you should hang on until he gets his own players in. The players there are Pats. To many have jumped the gun regarding Butcher. Only time will tell like you say but he took a very average ICT and turned them into a good attacking side who were hard to beat. A lot of these players have no interest in playing for hibs now and the sooner they go the better.

TornadoHibby
02-03-2014, 08:16 PM
That's why I think you should hang on until he gets his own players in. The players there are Pats. To many have jumped the gun regarding Butcher. Only time will tell like you say but he took a very average ICT and turned them into a good attacking side who were hard to beat. A lot of these players have no interest in playing for hibs now and the sooner they go the better.

Whilst I agree with what you say F, it was a worry that there didn't seem to be a game changing plan forthcoming from TB/MM on Friday night even if Utd were pretty good? :confused:

Who do you think don't want to be at Hibs who are regularly playing right now? :confused:

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Whilst I agree with what you say F, it was a worry that there didn't seem to be a game changing plan forthcoming from TB/MM on Friday night even if Utd were pretty good? :confused:

Who do you think don't want to be at Hibs who are regularly playing right now? :confused:

That is a worry that TB hasn't been able to improve results but I honestly think there is a number of issues right now. I'll speak to you at the game in more detail mate as saying anything on here would get me hung no doubt :D

3 players in that team on fri aren't happy with the way things are going and that some aren't pulling their weight.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 08:26 PM

Dropped you a PM.

SMAXXA
02-03-2014, 08:43 PM

Im actually with you on this and as hard as it is for people to believe, hard times it is and harsh words will be said. I'm not embarrassed to say I left just before half time on Friday, not because of the score but because of the performance and selection.

I hear bits and bobs from our club and what I've heard (from players) and seen first hand isn't filling me with confidence about TB and MM. Right appointment at the time yes however I'm disappointed in what's happening right now.

we have gone back to old school tactics with even our u20 team scared to play the ball out from the back, it's pish and no amount of inviting the press twice a week to pit a spin on things to ER will cut it.

not a happy chappy as you can tell.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Im actually with you on this and as hard as it is for people to believe, hard times it is and harsh words will be said. I'm not embarrassed to say I left just before half time on Friday, not because of the score but because of the performance and selection.

I hear bits and bobs from our club and what I've heard (from players) and seen first hand isn't filling me with confidence about TB and MM. Right appointment at the time yes however I'm disappointed in what's happening right now.

we have gone back to old school tactics with even our u20 team scared to play the ball out from the back, it's pish and no amount of inviting the press twice a week to pit a spin on things to ER will cut it.

Like you I also hear things from players. The only ones moaning seem to be Fenlons duds. You will also know then that some players aren't happy at all with others and that some aren't pulling their weight.

To say its old school is ironic considering training under CC and PF was nothing short of amateur. Maybe some just don't like hard work?!

Hibercelona
02-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Like you I also hear things from players. The only ones moaning seem to be Fenlons duds. You will also know then that some players aren't happy at all with others and that some aren't pulling their weight.

To say its old school is ironic considering training under CC and PF was nothing short of amateur. Maybe some just don't like hard work?!

:agree:

The only players that seem bothered about the current predicament are the small few who have stuck by the club through thick and thin. Players who sadly seem to get the hardest ride from fans at times.

I have no problem at all with old school tactics. But we need old school minded players who will comply with those tactics. Not prepped up hasbeens who think they're too big for a club like ours.

SMAXXA
02-03-2014, 09:02 PM

Not at all, how can you label players (Scotland internationals for example) are Fenlons duds. There are players who are unhappy and yes some if not most will be moved on in the Summer but the final straw for me in my hope that we can turn the corner from grass roots was to hear that the players get chastised for trying to play the ball from the back from the keeper. I've been involved with football all my life and believe it's a disgrace what's happening.

whys Malpas in the dug out for the u20s? Why are under 20s players saying 'Morris is a scary man', is it bully boy rule with the iron fist approach or is it old school lets punt it and hope for the best. We are pish, no amount of convincing is going to tell me any different and I'm seriously ****ed off with the club right now.

lets hope we see a huge improvement in the summer clear out. BTW feel free to disagree or pick apart the facts I've stated above.

SMAXXA
02-03-2014, 09:03 PM
:agree:

The only players that seem bothered about the current predicament are the small few who have stuck by the club through thick and thin. Players who sadly seem to get the hardest ride from fans at times.

I have no problem at all with old school tactics. But we need old school minded players who will comply with those tactics. Not prepped up hasbeens who think they're too big for a club like ours.

Like who specifically? Williams Hanlon, Thomo etc?

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Not at all, how can you label players (Scotland internationals for example) are Fenlons duds. There are players who are unhappy and yes some if not most will be moved on in hype Summer but the final straw for me in my hope that we can turn the corner from grass roots was to hear that the players get chastised for trying to play the ball from the back from the keeper. I've been involved with football all my life and believe it's a disgrace what's happening.

whys Malpas in the dug out for the u20s? Why are under 20s players saying 'Morris is a scary man', is it bully boy rule with the iron fist approach or is it old school lets punt it and hope for the best. We are pish, no amount of convincing is going to tell me any different and I'm seriously ****ed off with the club right now.

lets hope we see a huge improvement in the summer clear out. BTW feel free to disagree it pick apart the facts I've stated above.

I don't disagree, as I have heard bits and bobs myself. I'm not happy either! I think folk think I'm delighted at how things are. I'm not. I do think TB is the man for us. I don't know much what's going on in the u20's so can't give an opinion on that. I'll be asking about it though.

SMAXXA
02-03-2014, 09:10 PM
I don't disagree, as I have heard bits and bobs myself. I'm not happy either! I think folk think I'm delighted at how things are. I'm not. I do think TB is the man for us. I don't know much what's going on in the u20's so can't give an opinion on that. I'll be asking about it though.

I don't believe your delighted mate I don't, just think that sometimes people try to see the positives in things that aren't actually there. I'm writing of the season and will anticipate and look out with interest what changes we make in the Summer.

keep the fair pal :wink:

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 09:13 PM
I don't believe your delighted mate I don't, just think that sometimes people try to see the positives in things that aren't actually there. I'm writing of the season and will anticipate and look out with interest what changes we make in the Summer.

keep the fair pal :wink:

As I posted on many threads this season is 100% written off now. I think to many players have an eye on leaving and they can't say they have gave this club their all.

Like yourself I am looking forward to this summer and the players we will get. :)

truehibernian
02-03-2014, 09:13 PM

You have to have football players that are comfortable playing from the back - Hibs don't have and aren't comfy doing so - that's the facts.

Get players in that don't misplace a 10 yard pass under no pressure, I'll then take on board what you say. Until then I'm happy seeing the ball moved forward as it means less time for our poor defenders to dither and dally on it.

The most comfortable passer and player on the ball is Lewis, followed by Thommo probably - the rest panic and fret after a few passes.

Hibercelona
02-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Like who specifically? Williams Hanlon, Thomo etc?

I'm not dishing out names. But when you watch Hibs play, you can tell which few players actually care, compared to those who don't.

Old School isn't punting the ball up in the air and hoping for the best. It's a pass and move game, played at a high tempo. Something we're failing at badly.

Hibercelona
02-03-2014, 09:21 PM
You have to have football players that are comfortable playing from the back - Hibs don't have and aren't comfy doing so - that's the facts.

Get players in that don't misplace a 10 yard pass under no pressure, I'll then take on board what you say. Until then I'm happy seeing the ball moved forward as it means less time for our poor defenders to dither and dally on it.

The most comfortable passer and player on the ball is Lewis, followed by Thommo probably - the rest panic and fret after a few passes.

The thing about the misplaced passes is that there is almost zero movement off the ball. No player is making the effort to look for the pass, so the player in possession has the option of punt and hope, or being dispossessed.

It's the player who makes the pass that is often criticised when it doesn't reach a team mate. But what can that player do, when the players off the ball aren't even looking for the space in order to recieve the pass?

SMAXXA
02-03-2014, 09:23 PM

Sorry but are yours and my expectations from a full time professional football player in the top Scottish league different? How can you justify that a player can't take a ball from the back in a ten yard space is beyond me. If it's a problem lets work on it and coach them no? Not just say ach **** it lets sack that and lump it, is it working, is it nowt. We are as bad now as we were under any manager the last few years, what happened to coaching to make things better?

if I had seen green shots I would be optimistic but I'm not, hence the negativity which if you read my posts I've not been like this before.

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 09:24 PM

I totally agree with you. Why should anyone feel embarrassed by voting with their feet? We have been let down time and time again and ICT doesn't get any better. Far too many false dawns. It's shocking that people who have put so much time effort and money into this club are being driven away by the sh*t we are being asked to accept both in terms of quality of player and style of play! not to mention results. Then you get fans telling you you aren't allowed to moan about it if you walk away. These are the very people we should be listening to so that we know why they are choosing not to come

truehibernian
02-03-2014, 09:27 PM
The thing about the misplaced passes is that there is almost zero movement off the ball. No player is making the effort to look for the pass, so the player in possession has the option of punt and hope, or being dispossessed.

It's the player who makes the pass that is often criticised when it doesn't reach a team mate. But what can that player do, when the players off the ball aren't even looking for the space in order to recieve the pass?

Don't disagree with you mate but some of the passing has been so poor I'd say I've seen juvenile players pass more crisply and accurately.

Regards the 20's and MM being there - good. It sounds like our management team demand work rate and a degree of excellence. Pat was in pub many a night so I'm glad our team are watching the boys and keeping tabs.

I watched a great interview with Eric Black recently about Fergie and Knox, demanding the best from him all the time and saying they even hated being beaten on the team quiz.

Players are soft and the dynamic in football has moved to player power. I'm all for Terry getting stuck in about them - they're bottom 6 last three years for a reason after all.

truehibernian
02-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Sorry but are yours and my expectations from a full time professional football player in the top Scottish league different? How can you justify that a player can't take a ball from the back in a ten yard space is beyond me. If it's a problem lets work on it and coach them no? Not just say ach **** it lets sack that and lump it, is it working, is it nowt. We are as bad now as we were under any manager the last few years, what happened to coaching to make things better?

if I had seen green shots I would be optimistic but I'm not, hence the negativity which if you read my posts I've not been like this before.

Far from it, I'm agreeing with your point - I'm saying the current squad are poor and cannot play from the back without losing the ball and inviting pressure.

Do Meekings, Shinnie, Raven and Warren play from the back, using Foran, Doran and Vincent ? I think they do - and they were coached by our management team.

Hibercelona
02-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Don't disagree with you mate but some of the passing has been so poor I'd say I've seen juvenile players pass more crisply and accurately.

Regards the 20's and MM being there - good. It sounds like our management team demand work rate and a degree of excellence. Pat was in pub many a night so I'm glad our team are watching the boys and keeping tabs.

I watched a great interview with Eric Black recently about Fergie and Knox, demanding the best from him all the time and saying they even hated being beaten on the team quiz.

Players are soft and the dynamic in football has moved to player power. I'm all for Terry getting stuck in about them - they're bottom 6 last three years for a reason after all.

It's the lack of movement that concerns me the most. We look very "static". Players just aren't making the runs into space, which is essencial to the passing game.

It's as if the players are waiting for something to happen, rather than trying to make something happen.

And this has been our problem for years.

What boggles me is that the same problem remains, regardless of manager or players.

SMAXXA
02-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Far from it, I'm agreeing with your point - I'm saying the current squad are poor and cannot play from the back without losing the ball and inviting pressure.

Do Meekings, Shinnie, Raven and Warren play from the back, using Foran, Doran and Vincent ? I think they do - and they were coached by our management team.

I do see where your coming from mate course I do, just there is a part of me that says well let's try and improve players and not just accept what they can and cannot do. It's like we've chucked in the towel and pinning everything on a rebuild again in the summer.

i wouldn't be surprised if the only game that means anything now is the derby, pish run then go beat them and all is deflected until the summer which is convenient for us. Go show you can make average to pish players, which we have in you dance better and prove your the top coaches as that's what you can do.

dont come out an apologise to us fans again, it's your mess so make it better.

SMAXXA
02-03-2014, 09:36 PM
It's the lack of movement that concerns me the most. We look very "static". Players just aren't making the runs into space, which is essencial to the passing game.

It's as if the players are waiting for something to happen, rather than trying to make something happen.

What boggles me is that the same problem remains, regardless of manager or players.

coaching? :agree:

truehibernian
02-03-2014, 09:37 PM

Watch the goal we conceded v Killie (if I recall right) when Ben kicked it off the player after James passed back to him - James never made any angle and that's so basic regards coaching it's untrue.

Our guys have been almost allowed to get away with it.

Maybe Terry is getting it right up them and the truth and brutal honesty is touching a few nerves.

Mikey
02-03-2014, 09:43 PM
When TB and MM were appointed the majority on here were of the opinion that we needed to back them, and any players coming out with stories about the management team could GTF.

Were ICT players complaining about the management style and workrate required of them while they climbed to second in the table prior to TB and MM's departure?

Let the slackers go, let the management team get their own players in and let them have the chance to get them playing better and winning football.

How long did it take for the stories about KT falling out with MM to surface. Was it 1 day or 2? And now we're getting stories about Williams and Marsella.

If these guys don't want to play for the current management team they know what to do, but they're obviously not going out quietly.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 09:53 PM
When TB and MM were appointed the majority on here were of the opinion that we needed to back them, and any players coming out with stories about the management team could GTF.

Were ICT players complaining about the management style and workrate required of them while they climbed to second in the table prior to TB and MM's departure?

Let the slackers go, let the management team get their own players in and let them have the chance to get them playing better and winning football.

How long did it take for the stories about KT falling out with MM to surface. Was it 1 day or 2? And now we're getting stories about Williams and Marsella.

If these guys don't want to play for the current management team they know what to do, but they're obviously not going out quietly.

Well said.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2014, 09:56 PM

Good post mate:aok:

mca
02-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Been a Full Time - but now consider myself a Part-Time Hibby for a few years now - Been Back a dozen or so times since the new East - and its just not the same atmosphere.. every one moaning and shouting hatred the players etc.. The Hibs team must hate playing at home - is all im going to add..

Just My Opinion.....

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 09:59 PM
The sad fact is that we really can't afford another clear-out of players. We have a budget that we are not going to exceed. If we have to bring in another batch of players I really don't see them being any better than what we have at present. That's the catch 22 situation we find ourselves in. For those that expect us to be bringing in top talent in the summer I really think you are going to be very disappointed. We are suffering because of years of mismanagement. We have not brought any players through that have been worth any money and I really can't see us getting any money in for any of the present lot, with the exception of Stanton. We should have been in a situation where we were looking to bring in 1 or 2 quality players but yet again find ourselves looking at the prospect of 7 or 8 mediocre journeymen.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Been a Full Time - but now consider myself a Part-Time Hibby for a few years now - Been Back a dozen or so times since the new East - and its just not the same atmosphere.. every one moaning and shouting hatred the players etc.. The Hibs team must hate playing at home - is all im going to add..

Just My Opinion.....

Not a nice place is it. Sadly previous managers has sucked the life out a lot of folk. Me included but as I've nothing else on, on a sat I still go along if I can.

It's a shame it's like this as we all want the same things. I hope the fans who have gave up come back next season and back us. I fully believe Hins will improve next year because the dross we have now won't be here long.

Either way it's not great watching Hibs these days but I'm hopeful it will get better.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2014, 10:02 PM

Just My Opinion.....

I think this also. But then again bud, the players we have don't seem to be up to it so I can see why fans boo. But then again, booing solves nothing.

Hibercelona
02-03-2014, 10:03 PM

Just My Opinion.....

The players know what they need to do, if they wish to change the atmosphere.

They can't keep dishing up the same inept performances time and time again and expect to keep the fans on their good side.

You're right about the atmosphere being down right horrific at times, but thats what happens when the same problems drag on for years and never seem to be resolved.

truehibernian
02-03-2014, 10:18 PM
I think this also. But then again bud, the players we have don't seem to be up to it so I can see why fans boo. But then again, booing solves nothing.

Aberdeen fans were disgusting towards McGhee and Brown.

McInnes comes in, adds a few of his players and his methods instilled, has a preseason and then gets them playing exciting football - it's not rocket science.

Give Terry time.

mca
02-03-2014, 10:29 PM

McInnes comes in, adds a few of his players and his methods instilled, has a preseason and then gets them playing exciting football - it's not rocket science.

Give Terry time.

I might be down in Devon- but I reckon TB needs more time.. we have now for the first time since CC = Have a Decent infrastructure... do we not... :wink:

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 10:31 PM

Give Terry time.

Saved me typing. To say TB is under pressure already is nuts! We all pretty much agreed the team he inherited was poor and we need to let him build a team.

Some seem to have forgotten this and already wrote him off! Soon as Pat left the season for me was always going to be poor as no matter who came in we are left with poor players. Not all but most.

When Pat came in he had to clean up CC's mess and sadly he left us with poor players too. TB will bring in about 7 to 9 players overall. Maybe couple of them would be a loan no more than 2 though.

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 10:36 PM
I might be down in Devon- but I reckon TB needs more time.. we have now for the first time since CC = Have a Decent infrastructure... do we not... :wink:
That's just it. We really don't know. His record at clubs with any sort of expectation isn't very good is it?

mca
02-03-2014, 10:43 PM
That's just it. We really don't know. His record at clubs with any sort of expectation isn't very good is it?

with that kinda Negativity.. we are odds on. :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2014, 10:50 PM

Give Terry time.

I am not blaming Terry mate, I am prepared to give him plenty of time. My post wasn't the clearest. I was trying to post something along the lines of Hibercelona :greengrin

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 10:59 PM
with that kinda Negativity.. we are odds on. :aok:
It's not negativity it's realism. You asked the question about whether we had the right infrastructure. I really don't know if we have. Going on what has happened thus far I'm not sure we have. Looking at his record it seems Butcher struggles when there is an element of expectation and I think there is evidence of that in his short time here. On a positive note though, I really positively hope I'm wrong. :aok:

mca
02-03-2014, 11:05 PM
It's not negativity it's realism. You asked the question about whether we had the right infrastructure. I really don't know if we have. Going on what has happened thus far I'm not sure we have. Looking at his record it seems Butcher struggles when there is an element of expectation and I think there is evidence of that in his short time here. On a positive note though, I really positively hope I'm wrong. :aok:

Aye.. we can only Hope.. and support the team (no matters how *****) that's here !!!.. :wink:

if we don't back them then your no a supporter !!! naw..

RIP Bestie
02-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Aye.. we can only Hope.. and support the team (no matters how *****) that's here !!!.. :wink:

if we don't back them then your no a supporter !!! naw..
Youre right we can only support the team that's here. That's not to say that you can't voice concern over what you see or question whether we do indeed have the right infrastructure. Being a supported doesn't mean you have to accept sh*t and keep quiet

mca
02-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Youre right we can only support the team that's here. That's not to say that you can't voice concern over what you see or question whether we do indeed have the right infrastructure. Being a supported doesn't mean you have to accept sh*t and keep quiet

I know - anyone has the right to moan ect... but - Do you not think - that the contant negativity can manifest itself into something so jamboesque :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
02-03-2014, 11:57 PM
I know - anyone has the right to moan ect... but - Do you not think - that the contant negativity can manifest itself into something so jamboesque :rolleyes:

Only if you're paranoid and think somebodies a jambo as soon as they say something that isn't 100% upbeat and positive (or based on blind faith).

Niffy
03-03-2014, 06:21 AM
So is OTJ injured then ?

bad_news_boab
03-03-2014, 07:34 AM
This is just bad news the way this thread has gone. The negativity on this board is indeed justified! The fact that if someone posts something that is negative they get painted in maroon & classed as a "yam" (what that is ill never know). If most of the Hibs fans come on this board then im surprised Easter Road isn't painted with maroon & white scarfs. Let the fans be positive or negative. This is a forum where decent,caring fans aim there views.

Now enjoy your day everybody. Thankyou very much!! *bangs his hammer*

maturehibby
03-03-2014, 09:42 AM
I only asked if he was injured as it was not well known if he was or was out of favour - but now know a lot more things that i never asked about

hibbill2002
03-03-2014, 11:39 AM
I only asked if he was injured as it was not well known if he was or was out of favour - but now know a lot more things that i never asked about

Me tae, I never knew bad news Boab was a joiner

RIP Bestie
03-03-2014, 02:06 PM
This doesn't really merit a reply so I won't bother

jeffers
03-03-2014, 03:19 PM
From what I heard he was due to play against Celtic and did his hamstring the day before. Still not healed and not sure when he'll be back. Supposedly TB and MM have them running all the time a training and quite a few of the players are unhappy with this....poor wee lambs.

Ronniekirk
03-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Brining the Hammer down .Could of been a blacksmith or an Auctioneer .

Eyrie
03-03-2014, 09:44 PM

Looks like he was a leaver today.