PDA

View Full Version : 17 yr old D2 player has to be subbed because of racist abuse

s.a.m
02-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Sad story, this:

http://news.stv.tv/north/265870-teenage-jordan-tapping-substituted-after-racial-abuse-during-game/

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Absoluetly disgusting.

Nando™
02-03-2014, 12:27 PM
**** buckets.

Hopefully, though, this will help the young lad develop a thick skin.

3pm
02-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Abysmal.

rab1875
02-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Totally disgusting behaviour by Peterhead fans ! Not a nice place at all they really are stuck in the dark ages up there.

truehibernian
02-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Not overly happy reading the Police Scotland media response given they are on record as having a zero tolerance approach to hate crimes ?

They should be making every effort to speak with the club and the player and bringing these ignorant idiots to justice :agree: not coming out with 'there has been no complaint made'

Pretty Boy
02-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Racially abusing a schoolboy.

How brave.

Aldo
02-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Not overly happy reading the Police Scotland media response given they are on record as having a zero tolerance approach to hate crimes ? They should be making every effort to speak with the club and the player and bringing these ignorant idiots to justice :agree: not coming out with 'there has been no complaint made'

Indeed they should be as this is totally and utterly unacceptable.

I wouldn't of thought it would be difficult to Id the culprits. Wee word in a few folks ears and a bit of pressure and you'll get those responsible.

Banned from football for life for me as well as a fine and a community payback order wearing a bright orange jump suit with racist scrolled across the back.

Lowlife of society.

JohnStephens91
02-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Horrible to read that, the staff at Peterhead were great when I was there in December and no doubt they'll be horrified their own supporters were coming out with racist comments. I hope a lifetime ban is in place for the culprits. There is no place for racists in society.

Speedy
02-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Not overly happy reading the Police Scotland media response given they are on record as having a zero tolerance approach to hate crimes ?

They should be making every effort to speak with the club and the player and bringing these ignorant idiots to justice :agree: not coming out with 'there has been no complaint made'

In fairness, there isn't actually a quote from the police in the article.

oregonhibby
02-03-2014, 01:03 PM
It happens closer to home than we would like to think.

marinello59
02-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Totally disgusting behaviour by Peterhead fans ! Not a nice place at all they really are stuck in the dark ages up there.

It is disgusting behaviour. There are racists throughout Scotland though, sadly.

givescotlandfreedom
02-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Pathetic and saddening this sort of crap's still happening

truehibernian
02-03-2014, 01:15 PM
In fairness, there isn't actually a quote from the police in the article.

Yes there is albeit paraphrased - the media have clearly contacted the police media relations team hence STV have been able to print 'a police spokesman said....'

The spokesman, in my view, should be saying (to media) this is an incident that Police Scotland will look into and should there be any complaints, thoroughly investigated.

Anyway, I've no doubt that it will be looked into by all the authorities up there (I hope).

Billychaotic182
02-03-2014, 01:44 PM
It's 2014 FFS how is this still happening. Disgrace

nonshinyfinish
02-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Racially abusing a schoolboy.

How brave.

Horrible, bigoted cowards.

SouthamptonHibs
02-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Sad times

cabbageandribs1875
02-03-2014, 02:00 PM
quite sad to be happening in the 21st century, lack of education imo :agree:

i notice at the bottom of the article another news item regarding a yamboid flinging furniture across a bar in dundee....lack of education again

hibsbollah
02-03-2014, 02:25 PM
**** buckets.

The lad shouldn't need to 'develop a thick skin'. I hope he continues to report it if it happens again and we never, ever tolerate it as a society.

Speedy
02-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Yes there is albeit paraphrased - the media have clearly contacted the police media relations team hence STV have been able to print 'a police spokesman said....'

The spokesman, in my view, should be saying (to media) this is an incident that Police Scotland will look into and should there be any complaints, thoroughly investigated.

Anyway, I've no doubt that it will be looked into by all the authorities up there (I hope).

If it's paraphrased then it's not a quote.

There's nothing to suggest they didn't say what you suggested and I'm sure the police will investigate. The media write what they want to suit their own agenda so I tend to trust nothing they write unless there is a full and direct quote.

Anyway, that's not the issue here. The racist abuse is completely unacceptable and I hope whatever is done goes towards putting a stop to it.

IFONLY
02-03-2014, 02:43 PM
**** buckets.

What on earth does that mean..........he is black so he should develop a thick skin to help him ignore racial comments....my god thats about as bad as the abuse he took yesterday.

Speedy
02-03-2014, 02:53 PM
What on earth does that mean..........he is black so he should develop a thick skin to help him ignore racial comments....my god thats about as bad as the abuse he took yesterday.

He's a young man at the beginning of a career in which you typically receive a lot of abuse, black or not, it probably helps if he develops a thick skin. And sadly, he probably will receive further comments about the colour of his skin - that will never be acceptable but I hope he finds his own way to cope with that.

Suggesting Nando's post is just about as bad as yesterday's abuse is frankly ridiculous.

ColintonHibs
02-03-2014, 02:54 PM

Quite right. Like its meant to happen and he should get on with it. Bet they wouldn't go up and say anything to him on their own. Acting hard infront of their pals. Cowards!

IFONLY
02-03-2014, 02:57 PM
He's a young man at the beginning of a career in which you typically receive a lot of abuse, black or not, it probably helps if he develops a thick skin. And sadly, he probably will receive further comments about the colour of his skin - that will never be acceptable but I hope he finds his own way to cope with that.

Suggesting hibsbollah's post is just about as bad as yesterday's abuse is frankly ridiculous.

where did I say that?????????

LancsHibs
02-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Sorry to read this. Jordan Tapping, is he the brother of the lad that plays for Hearts?

Keith_M
02-03-2014, 03:06 PM
I just read that and was disgusted. I really wish they could find the idiots responsible.

Sir David Gray
02-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Sorry to read this. Jordan Tapping, is he the brother of the lad that plays for Hearts?

Yes.

I only found this out yesterday when I saw Jordan Tapping had scored an own goal.

Speedy
02-03-2014, 03:16 PM
[/B]

where did I say that?????????

Misread the poster you were quoting.

Fixed now.

Hermit Crab
02-03-2014, 03:54 PM

Cousin I think.

Nando™
02-03-2014, 04:18 PM
The lad shouldn't need to 'develop a thick skin'. I hope he continues to report it if it happens again and we never, ever tolerate it as a society.
I agree, but considering that these people exist and probably always will exist, he'll probably have to do so.

Well done on jamming words into my mouth :rolleyes:

Ridiculous suggestion considering that my very first comment on the situation was that the culprits are "s**m buckets".

I am merely suggesting that the silver lining of the situation could be that he develops a better emotional defense after what he has had to put up with.

Sir David Gray
02-03-2014, 04:27 PM

Yes.

I only found this out yesterday when I saw Jordan Tapping had scored an own goal.

Cousin I think.

:agree: Just read an article on what happened yesterday and he is actually a cousin and not his brother!

Don't know what made me think that!

I was so sure I read that yesterday as well!

Paperboy
02-03-2014, 05:02 PM
I was speaking to someone at east fife recently and he mentioned than one of their players received racial abuse recently and they were reporting it.

no idea why this continues to go on in this day and age. Lifetime bans for all guilty parties and a fine for the club whose fans undertake such behaviour is the way forward

Itsnoteasy
02-03-2014, 05:45 PM

The only decent thing in Peterhead is the prison. Keep aw the paedos off the streets, well the ones that are caught.

Geo_1875
02-03-2014, 06:07 PM
If it's paraphrased then it's not a quote.

There's nothing to suggest they didn't say what you suggested and I'm sure the police will investigate. The media write what they want to suit their own agenda so I tend to trust nothing they write unless there is a full and direct quote.

Anyway, that's not the issue here. The racist abuse is completely unacceptable and I hope whatever is done goes towards putting a stop to it.

The media publish a direct quote supplied bu Police Scotland or quote a Police Officer who reads out the party line. They don't make these things up.

sleeping giant
02-03-2014, 06:14 PM
I heard 2 coaches talking about one of their players being racially abused by a rival teams coach during a match not too long ago.

These were coaches of under 13's at the time.

I didn't see or hear the incident myself but going by the conversation regarding the reporting of the coach and the actions of the young guys Dad , I have no reason to doubt that it happened.

Pakadingding was the term seemingly used towards the boy.

Sorry sorry stuff.

Jones28
02-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Ignorant *******s

oregonhibby
02-03-2014, 07:37 PM
I have recently experienced discrimination at our ground. I would like the Board and the Chairman come out with a clear and unequivocal statement that there is zero tolerance to any form of discrimination at Hibernian.

Jones28
02-03-2014, 07:39 PM
I have recently experienced discrimination at our ground. I would like the Board and the Chairman come out with a clear and unequivocal statement that there is zero tolerance to any form of discrimination at Hibernian.

What kind of discrimination if you don't mind me asking?

I'm sure any discriminatory issues will be comprehensively daly with by the club.

oregonhibby
02-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Racism and homophobia. And no.

02-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Absolutely disgusting. Hope these cowardly, pathetic ********s are caught and never allowed near another football ground again, absolutely no place for that at all.

Hope the young guy is ok, terrible for anybody to have to endure let alone a school kid.

Speedy
02-03-2014, 07:59 PM
The media publish a direct quote supplied bu Police Scotland or quote a Police Officer who reads out the party line. They don't make these things up.

The page has been updated now. The original report said something along the lines of - A police spokesman said no complaints have been reported.

Funnily enough, it now has a more comprehensive quote with pretty much what the person I quoted had expected the police to say. Which pretty much sums up the point I was trying to make i.e. take what the media say with a pinch of salt unless you actually see a full quote.

Wakeyhibee
02-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Top marks to East Stirlingshire for the way they have handled this both for the way they are supporting the player and pointing out the Peterhead Chairman's response instead of finger pointing which is usually the case at other clubs. Hope they boot those responsible out of football

Pretty Boy
02-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Top marks to East Stirlingshire for the way they have handled this both for the way they are supporting the player and pointing out the Peterhead Chairman's response instead of finger pointing which is usually the case at other clubs. Hope they boot those responsible out of football

Think both clubs have handled a horrible situation very well.

I had a wee browse on a Peterhead fans forum earlier and every single poster was absolutely raging and disgusted by what had happened as well.

shagpile
02-03-2014, 09:26 PM
The only decent thing in Peterhead is the prison. Keep aw the paedos off the streets, well the ones that are caught.

That really is a stupid thing to say.:rolleyes:

Think both clubs have handled a horrible situation very well.

I had a wee browse on a Peterhead fans forum earlier and every single poster was absolutely raging and disgusted by what had happened as well.

In a crowd of 500-600 people you can hear nearly every comment being shouted. I will be very surprised if he/she/they are not outed ASAP.

Aldo
05-03-2014, 06:56 AM
Notice this morning that a 19 year old male has been traced and charged in connection with the incident.

s.a.m
05-03-2014, 05:05 PM
http://news.stv.tv/north/266194-teen-sentenced-for-abuse-of-east-stirlingshire-star-jordan-tapping/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sentenced.
That was quick!