PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hours

ehf
01-03-2014, 11:28 PM
So, how are we feeling 24 hours on from the Friday night fiasco?

Personally, I have had a fabulous day, and done things I could not have done had the Hibs game been a Saturday 3pm KO.

This time last night I was so enraged by the pitiful display against the Arabs that I thought the whole weekend would be a write-off. In the event, today has been slightly suffused with the bleak memory of last night's execrable performance, and the painful realisation that, yet again, we have recruited a dud manager, but the impact has been marginal and not such as to impact in any significant way on my enjoyment of today.

Had the game been played today, and unfolded in the same shameful and demoralising manner, it would have ruined my whole weekend. On the other hand, in a different world where we had a decent team, a competent manager, the glow of a Friday night victory would have enhanced and enriched the weekend.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Still pissed off but not as much as I was yesterday.

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Equally as raging as I was last night. That rage will burn on until the next game.

SaulGoodman
01-03-2014, 11:37 PM
24 hours on and I still know Id rather support Hibs, with their many flaws, than the Yams or Celtic.

theonlywayisup
01-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Played golf. Really enjoyed it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Equally as raging as I was last night. That rage will burn on until the next game.

And after it:greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Still pissed off. Still concerned about next season.

ehf
01-03-2014, 11:44 PM

That's worrying; particularly as it's against Motherwell and another embarrassing horsing is on the cards...

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 11:48 PM
That's worrying; particularly as it's against Motherwell and another embarrassing horsing is on the cards...

It's been building up for 7 years. Not sure how much more rage I can contain. :fuming:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 11:51 PM

:agree: I fear for us.

ehf
01-03-2014, 11:51 PM
24 hours on and I still know Id rather support Hibs, with their many flaws, than the Yams or Celtic.

That's a given; the issue I'm seeking to explore is whether the oddity of a Friday night game is a good or bad thing vis-vis the impact of the (almost inevitably demoralising) outcome on the rest of the weekend.

Pete
02-03-2014, 12:06 AM

Personally, I have had a fabulous day, and done things I could not have done had the Hibs game been a Saturday 3pm KO.

This time last night I was so enraged by the pitiful display against the Arabs that I thought the whole weekend would be a write-off. In the event, today has been slightly suffused with the bleak memory of last night's execrable performance, and the painful realisation that, yet again, we have recruited a dud manager, but the impact has been marginal and not such as to impact in any significant way on my enjoyment of today.

Had the game been played today, and unfolded in the same shameful and demoralising manner, it would have ruined my whole weekend. On the other hand, in a different world where we had a decent team, a competent manager, the glow of a Friday night victory would have enhanced and enriched the weekend.

I stopped reading after that.

pedroorange1875
02-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Still playing the PS4 bought with 2014/15 season ticket money. Quality machine definitely better than the xbox one. The PlayStation plus free game outlast is great, far more entertainment than i have been used to in the last 6 years

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2014, 12:18 AM
Still playing the PS4 bought with 2014/15 season ticket money. Quality machine definitely better than the xbox one. The PlayStation plus free game outlast is great, far more entertainment than i have been used to in the last 6 years

I have the xbox one, leave it alone!! :greengrin

ehf
02-03-2014, 12:18 AM

Always your prerogative to put your head in the sand.

pedroorange1875
02-03-2014, 12:21 AM
I have the xbox one, leave it alone!! :greengrin

My mate who is a huge beyond huge xbox fan even told me to go for the PS4, and he queued on the release day for his xbox one. Believe me i was massively shocked, probably more so than when he said Butcher would turn us around:greengrin

Mikey09
02-03-2014, 12:21 AM

Im feeling really sleepy after reading this post.... "The painful realisation blah blah blah.... Yada Yada Yada.... :yawn2:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2014, 12:23 AM
My mate who is a huge beyond huge xbox fan even told me to go for the PS4, and he queued on the release day for his xbox one. Believe me i was massively shocked, probably more so than when he said Butcher would turn us around:greengrin

:faf:

hibby6270
02-03-2014, 12:23 AM
Friday night was, for the first time in almost 40 years of working and going to Hibs games, where I had to work instead of going to ER. Saw some of it on TV and I was one of the lucky ones who wasn't there last night to witness yet another abject, toothless display. From what I saw it was 3-1 going on possibly 6 or 7-1. Wife was there and I've not heard her swear so much when she got in.

We turn up every 2nd week expecting but I've got more chance of expecting a baby as a man than seeing a sustained period of decent performances and maybe even some wins.

We can go on about refs as much as we like and whilst there have been some shocking decisions made against us in recent weeks, months, even years, it still doesn't hide the fact we are still a poor team.

Still - I'll See you all again next Saturday :greengrin:

:tbgwa:

rcarter1
02-03-2014, 12:27 AM

this.

Butcher, Malpas and co. clearly know were are Tom Kite, and will do everything to change that over the summer. Petrie has said that he had an easy job getting these guys in - i.e. he has total confidence in their ability to turn things round. They will, I hope, be backed to the hilt in terms of getting things refreshed. Next year we could be playing good football and aiming for top positions. Meanwhile 'the Rangers' and 'the Hearts' will be slugging out in the first division. Thats kind of dreamland territory.

ehf
02-03-2014, 12:39 AM
That's a given; the issue I'm seeking to explore is whether the oddity of a Friday night game is a good or bad thing vis-vis the impact of the (almost inevitably demoralising) outcome on the rest of the weekend.

this.

Butcher, Malpas and co. clearly know were are Tom Kite, and will do everything to change that over the summer. Petrie has said that he had an easy job getting these guys in - i.e. he has total confidence in their ability to turn things round. They will, I hope, be backed to the hilt in terms of getting things refreshed. Next year we could be playing good football and aiming for top positions. Meanwhile 'the Rangers' and 'the Hearts' will be slugging out in the first division. Thats kind of dreamland territory.

As I've said, I was really just exploring the question of whether it was better to get such a catastrophic defeat out of he way early in the weekend. But if you want to extend it into a debate about the competence of the management team, I will tell you right now that Butcher and Malpas - very sadly - are out of their depth here.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2014, 12:40 AM
As I've said, I was really just exploring the question of whether it was better to get such a catastrophic defeat out of he way early in the weekend. But if you want to extend it into a debate about the competence of the management team, I will tell you right now that Butcher and Malpas - very sadly - are out of their depth here.

Not having a go or that but who would you rather we had in charge?

HoboHarry
02-03-2014, 12:44 AM
Absolute garbage. Lol, lol and lol again. Didn't TB state when he came here that it was an 18 month project? Oh that's right - that doesn't fit with your agenda so you will ignore it and continue with your nonsense.....

ehf
02-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Not having a go or that but who would you rather we had in charge?

Derek MacInnes, who we could have got if Petrie had sacked Fenlon when he should have done.

HibeeSince85
02-03-2014, 12:53 AM

Two comments now you've had a dig at Butcher. You seen the ****ing players he has to work with?

Let's see what next season is all about.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Two comments now you've had a dig at Butcher. You seen the ****ing players he has to work with?

Let's see what next season is all about.

This.. Judging a manager who hasn't had a real chance to clear out the duds yet getting pressure heaped on him because of past failures from crap managers. I'm delighted we got TB and MM.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Derek MacInnes, who we could have got if Petrie had sacked Fenlon when he should have done.

I'd have liked him too but sadly we didn't get him. But... We have a very good manager here who needs time to build his team. Listen I'm happy to say this because it seems pretty clear now, some Hibs fans are far to eager to knock down TB. Results haven't been great, but for gods sake it's the SAME team Pat built!! Judge him after the summer and players HE brings in.

If then it's still not happening then folk may have a case. But just because we have had ***** for 7 years isn't TB fault.

ehf
02-03-2014, 01:03 AM
This.. Judging a manager who hasn't had a real chance to clear out the duds yet getting pressure heaped on him because of past failures from crap managers. I'm delighted we got TB and MM.

I truly did not intend this to be a discussion about the competence of the new management team, just about the impact of a Friday night game. And I really hope Butcher can turn it round.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 01:07 AM
I truly did not intend this to be a discussion about the competence of the new management team, just about the impact of a Friday night game. And I really hope Butcher can turn it round.

Ok as for the fri night game, I like it! Frees up the w'end and lasts nights game didn't effect my mood at all. By mid day I was looking forward to a coupon and SS on the tv. Also helped the coupon came in! But overall i like it and hope we have a couple more on a fri.

ehf
02-03-2014, 01:19 AM
Ok as for the fri night game, I like it! Frees up the w'end and lasts nights game didn't effect my mood at all. By mid day I was looking forward to a coupon and SS on the tv. Also helped the coupon came in! But overall i like it and hope we have a couple more on a fri.

Yeah! I was sceptical/apprehensive because it was such a novelty and changed the whole landscape of the weekend. I know you were not there last night (for unimpeachable reasons) but it really was brutal and demoralising. My basic point is that if it had been today, it would have ruined weekend , but because it was Friday night, it didn't.

Pete
02-03-2014, 01:47 AM

You told everyone you thought we had appointed another dud manager, and are surprised that people want to pull you up about it.

In what way am I "burying my head in the sand"?

Why do you think he's the wrong choice?

marinello59
02-03-2014, 07:01 AM

:faf:
I guess drink was the answer for you then.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 07:20 AM
Yeah! I was sceptical/apprehensive because it was such a novelty and changed the whole landscape of the weekend. I know you were not there last night (for unimpeachable reasons) but it really was brutal and demoralising. My basic point is that if it had been today, it would have ruined weekend , but because it was Friday night, it didn't.

I watched the game back yesterday morning and it was a very poor performance. In all honesty after reading some of the comments I was expecting it to be worse than it was. More so with some saying "worst performance they have seen" well I have defo seen worse under Calderwood and under Fenlon.

But back to fri night football. One thing that I think would be great is if the season was played through the summer and we had a game on a fri, it would be a better crowd with folk out having a beer after work then going to the game. Also you would attract a few tourists as well. But that's maybe for another discussion. I'd like another fri night game soon though.

hibeesjoe
02-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Feel a bit sorry for butcher. I seem to have the idea that he has inherited a load of tosh from Fenlon but when you look at the line up from Friday night the only players that probably won't be here next season are Williams, Nelson, taiwo and Haynes. He has a massive job rebuilding next season and will have to put a lot of noses out of joint. I hope the run of recent results doesn't continue because a lot of fans will write him off before he gets the chance to improve us.

lucky
02-03-2014, 09:10 AM
I liked the Friday football experiment. It might just give Scottish football the boost it needs if all games were played then.
As for the performance it was poor. But a " game" of football should not be ruining your weekend. If it is it's time to get a life or help. We all get caught up in the emotion but FFS it's only a "game". Hibs winning will not cure the worlds problems so take a chill pill and enjoy the rollercoaster of supporting the Hibees

Waxy
02-03-2014, 09:19 AM
We always seem a better team with Cairney and Robertson in midfield.

Purple & Green
02-03-2014, 10:53 AM
We always seem a better team with Cairney and Robertson in midfield.

If you were to go through results player by player, you might build a picture of what our best team is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
02-03-2014, 10:58 AM

So why did you bring it up?

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Long gone are the days when a bad result affected how the rest of my weekend went, just chilled and watched soccer Saturday while my bet came in winning me £234 quid. All in all a decent weekend, i am on a roll at the moment having picked up a winning coupon 4 out of the last 5 weeks. :greengrin

jodjam
02-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Long gone are the days when a bad result affected how the rest of my weekend went, just chilled and watched soccer Saturday while my bet came in winning me £234 quid. All in all a decent weekend, i am on a roll at the moment having picked up a winning coupon 4 out of the last 5 weeks. :greengrin

This. By the time I hit Albion road I've got over any bad result. I just don't get down on bad results. If I can't directly affect something I'm not gonna worry too much about it.