PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scottish Premier Manager of the Year (so far)

theonlywayisup
01-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Who is your vote for Scottish Premier Manager of the Year (so far) and why?

Not put a Hibs manager in as I didn't want us voting for our own man.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 07:51 PM
McInnes for me. Has Aberdeen playing good attractive football, hard to beat and have a chance of winning the double. McCall not too far behind.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2014, 07:54 PM
McInnes.

Shows it doesn't take years to build a competitive side.

TrinityHibs
01-03-2014, 07:55 PM
I was stupidly being serious and forgot about his wetness. Still think McInnes has done well

01-03-2014, 07:57 PM
McInnes has turned Aberdeen into a very good side. But from a hibee point of view Gary Locke has done a great job :greengrin

yeezus.
01-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Has to be McInnes - he's transformed Aberdeen and may end up winning the double.

Elephant Stone
01-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Lockie. He's taken the sanctions on the chin and will take the relegation battle right down to the wire. It would be just another kick while they're down if he misses out on this.

vanNISHtelroy
01-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Has be Magic....hes managed so much better than Kenny last year! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Personally think Gary Locke's done a tremendous job this year.

SurferRosa
01-03-2014, 08:54 PM
McInnes for me. That`s a really good side he`s put together in a short time. I`d like to see if he could sustain it over a lengthy period but i suspect he`ll trot off to the huns within the next couple of years. If Utd can finish in the top 3, McNamara`s a good shout as well.

weonlywon6-2
01-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Butcher at Inverness would have been in the running,however it has to be McInnes for what he has achieved at Aberdeen.
Stuart McCall also deserves a mention

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-03-2014, 10:35 PM
McInnes at Aberdeen. Guess there is still time for it to go tits up, but its likely they'll have a very good season.

whereswallace?
01-03-2014, 11:15 PM
I went for McCall, he lost so many key players yet still built a new side and has them up the top end of the league on a much smaller budget than Aberdeen.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 11:29 PM
I went for McCall, he lost so many key players yet still built a new side and has them up the top end of the league on a much smaller budget than Aberdeen.

Good point mate. I like McCall. Always seems to bring in decent replacements every year and still have well in and about the top 3/4.

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-03-2014, 11:46 PM
Clearly it's McInnes. Probably the easiest question ever

JohnStephens91
02-03-2014, 02:44 AM
It's between McInnes and McNamara for me, plumped for McInnes because getting Aberdeen to a final for the first time in 14 years and having the opportunity to finish second in the league and do the double is an amazing achievement, especially so when you factor in their position from last season. McNamara has done well, he has brought through youth, like he was doing at Partick Thistle, and he is reaping the rewards as they play some great attacking play. Obviously they are inconsistent due to the large number of young players, but overall they have had a strong season as they have immense quality (Gauld, Souttar, Ciftci, Armstrong) and are still in with a realistic shout of winning the Scottish Cup.

spike220
02-03-2014, 04:47 AM
Personally think Gary Locke's done a tremendous job this year.

Has he got a 2nd job somewhere??

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Has to be Pat Fenlon for being big enough to admit he didn't have a ****** clue and was out of his depth managing a club of the stature of Hibs, leaving when he did might just see us avoid the play off place......................well maybe.

Eyrie
02-03-2014, 12:00 PM

McInnes is the obvious choice but the above is why McCall shades it for me.

Sir David Gray
02-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Has he got a 2nd job somewhere??

Nope. His leadership of those brave young warriors at Hearts has been second to none this season and seeing them battle proudly for their lives every week really has me in floods of tears on a regular basis.

Forget about manager of the year, Locke should be included on the next Honours list.

Eyrie
02-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Nope. His leadership of those brave young warriors at Hearts has been second to none this season and seeing them battle proudly for their lives every week really has me in floods of tears on a regular basis.

Forget about manager of the year, Locke should be included on the next Honours list.

Fair point. The Yams started the season fifteen points back and Locke has led them to being twenty points clear now #yamanomics.

Dashing Bob S
02-03-2014, 04:00 PM

This.

I'm crying silver tears of pride just thinking about the man.

Ronniekirk
02-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Has to be McInnes - he's transformed Aberdeen and may end up winning the double.
Yep even if they win nothing he has shown how to take a struggling team by scruff of the neck and Transform them into. Team that can grind out wins but on occasions do it in style His tactics at Parkhead in Cup Game were spot on and players new how to execute the plan What I would give for some of that right now .

Sir David Gray
02-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Fair point. The Yams started the season fifteen points back and Locke has led them to being twenty points clear now #yamanomics.

Exactly.

It takes a special kind of manager to take a club to a worse position than the one they were in before the season started!