PDA

View Full Version : Alan Pardew

lucky
01-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Seemingly he tried to head butt a Hull player today and was sent to the stands. The FA will through the book at him but could give Newcastle the excuse to sack him. Anyone seen it yet?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Seemingly he tried to head butt a Hull player today and was sent to the stands. The FA will through the book at him but could give Newcastle the excuse to sack him. Anyone seen it yet?

Yeah, someone posted it on 'Todays Games'. What a welt he is!

Saorsa
01-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Yeah, someone posted it on 'Todays Games'. What a welt he is!that video has been removed

theonlywayisup
01-03-2014, 07:41 PM
that video has been removed

Was it a real headbutt or one of those Kyle Lafferty headbutts?

01-03-2014, 07:45 PM
What an arse.

There are many footballers out there that would have made a huge meal of that though and threw themselves to the ground, rolling around holding their faces as if they had just been shot so nice to see the Hull player having a bit more class than it. I absolutely cringe when footballers act like sniper victims the moment they are touched.

HoboHarry
01-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Showed it here in the USA. If the NU board have any doubts about his performance as manager they have a perfect excuse to fire him now. Rank stupidity....

Pretty Boy
01-03-2014, 07:53 PM
He's always been a fud.

Aldo
01-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Some shots of him in action

Thecat23
01-03-2014, 07:57 PM
He's hated big time all over England. He's an arrogant twat who for the love of me have no idea how he's a manager in the EPL.

He's it is here.. Hope this works!

http://bit.ly/1g0Y0fM

Aldo
01-03-2014, 07:58 PM
He's hated big time all over England. He's an arrogant twat who for the love of me have no idea how he's a manager in the EPL. He's it is here.. Hope this works! http://bit.ly/1g0Y0fM

That's mental.

Billy Whizz
01-03-2014, 08:00 PM
He's hated big time all over England. He's an arrogant twat who for the love of me have no idea how he's a manager in the EPL.

Why is he hated so much.
Shocking head butt from a manager. Have Hull made a comment about this yet

01-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Hope he's feeling very embarrassed tonight, shameful way for a manager to behave. I realise these occasions are highly intense and emotions are running really high and i'm all for managers showing passion but this was completely needless and out of order. Made him look absolutely ridiculous and lost any respect he may have had.

Stupid stupid man.

3pm
01-03-2014, 08:02 PM

I think he's done well enough to say he is capable of managing in the EPL.

He has the class of League 2 though. And a horrible person as well.

Thecat23
01-03-2014, 08:06 PM
I think he's done well enough to say he is capable of managing in the EPL.

He has the class of League 2 though. And a horrible person as well.

Sorry not meaning his actual tactics as he's done well with Newcastle. Was meaning his attitude and his attitude outside football as well. He's not a well liked man. Obviously some folk in the game like him, but from the folk who have delt with him that I know they said he's very arrogant and the way he speaks to folk as if he's number one and everyone is below him.

I've never met the guy though so I can't say for sure if he is. But trust my friends enough to think he's a knob :D

cam75
01-03-2014, 08:06 PM
What was the deal with his new contract £25 mill over 5 years think I'd be keeping the head :)
GGTTH

theonlywayisup
01-03-2014, 08:08 PM

That's not a headbutt..........this is a bit more of one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEg2Zum_AU

Hope they come down hard on Pardew. God he loves himself and I hate those type of people.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2014, 08:19 PM
He should be dismissed for that.

Totally out of order.

macca70
01-03-2014, 08:41 PM
He should be dismissed for that.

Totally out of order.

Unacceptable behaviour but never a 'HeadButt' .

Just aggressively puts his head forward but I don't even think he made contact.

Paisley Hibby
01-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Unacceptable behaviour but never a 'HeadButt' .

Just aggressively puts his head forward but I don't even think he made contact.

:agree:

cleanyman
01-03-2014, 08:45 PM
You call that a head butt?

:faf:

Still, uncool.

Hainan Hibs
01-03-2014, 08:57 PM
After reading the usual internet OUTRAGE:grr::grr::grr: at this one I didn't have to watch the video to know it was handbags at ten.

The_Exile
01-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Jeezo I was expecting something a bit more severe than that! Handbags at dawn.

weonlywon6-2
01-03-2014, 09:09 PM
blokes a nutter !

Carheenlea
01-03-2014, 09:10 PM
The guy is 52 years old. What an embarrassment for him and his club.

down-the-slope
01-03-2014, 09:20 PM
The guy is 52 years old. What an embarrassment for him and his club.

:agree: should have hit him hard enough to require a medic :wink:

hibsbollah
01-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Englands premier joke club. An organisation rotten to the core.

heretoday
01-03-2014, 09:58 PM
You'd never get that sort of behaviour at Everton.

ScottB
01-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I love the outrage, don't get me wrong, it's not acceptable conduct, but in a league were players have bit, spat, kicked and generally assaulted each other, attacked fans, been charged with assault, rape and whatever else, people want this basically non headbut to be a sackable offense?

Granted you'd hope managers would behave better than players, but still. If a player did that it'd be a red card and a couple games banned.

Mr White
01-03-2014, 10:01 PM
people want this basically non headbut to be a stackable offense?

Pardew OUT giant jenga IN

weonlywon6-2
01-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Englands premier joke club. An organisation rotten to the core.

who have an incredibly loyal and huge fan base and have been rubbish for years.

NOLA
01-03-2014, 10:22 PM
looking to get sacked IMO

Swedish hibee
01-03-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm more offended by his salary than "this".

ScottB
01-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Pardew OUT giant jenga IN

Jenga goes down harder than most premeirship footballers ;)

Speedy
01-03-2014, 10:45 PM
I love the outrage, don't get me wrong, it's not acceptable conduct, but in a league were players have bit, spat, kicked and generally assaulted each other, attacked fans, been charged with assault, rape and whatever else, people want this basically non headbut to be a sackable offense?

Granted you'd hope managers would behave better than players, but still. If a player did that it'd be a red card and a couple games banned.

Media building it up to be more than it is.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2014, 10:48 PM
MOTD have just announced Newcastle have fined Pardew £100,000 and issued him with a formal warning.

Sylar
01-03-2014, 10:51 PM
MOTD have just announced Newcastle have fined Pardew £100,000 and issued him with a formal warning.

Paltry response. The FA will hit him with double figures away from the touchline I'd suspect.

Pete
01-03-2014, 10:53 PM
He was pushed, he over-reacted, he's apologised and been punished.

End of story, move on. Lots of over reaction on here and the TV.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Paltry response. The FA will hit him with double figures away from the touchline I'd suspect.

Having seen it on several occasions now, I still think Newcastle should have dismissed him.

There wasn't even any sort of provocation from the Hull player in the lead up to the incident.

Sylar
01-03-2014, 11:05 PM
Having seen it on several occasions now, I still think Newcastle should have dismissed him.

There wasn't even any sort of provocation from the Hull player in the lead up to the incident.

Agree entirely - Go into your place of employment and replicate the scenario on Monday morning and let us know how fast you're tossed out the door.

Doesn't matter if it was incidental contact - he lost all control with very little valid reason for doing so.

It's also not as if it's the first time he's lost the place on the sideline.

Eyrie
01-03-2014, 11:06 PM

Other than pushing Pardew away?

It was a pathetic reaction and a pathetic attempt at a head butt by Pardew who will rightly be fined and banned because a manager has to set a better example than that, and also because he's been in trouble before.

Pete
01-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Agree entirely - Go into your place of employment and replicate the scenario on Monday morning and let us know how fast you're tossed out the door.

Doesn't matter if it was incidental contact - he lost all control with very little valid reason for doing so.

It's also not as if it's the first time he's lost the place on the sideline.

Players do that every week yet there are no comparisons to other workplaces.

Should they also be dismissed?

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Christ is that it, handbags in my opinion. Get him a season ticket for section 43. :wink:

ScottB
01-03-2014, 11:17 PM

Exactly. Not saying it's right in either case, but footballers have committed far worse assaults and are still hero worshipped across the land.

Sylar
01-03-2014, 11:18 PM

In the great wide world beyond hibs.net, it's a discussion I've heard on numerous occasions...

Often, more along the lines of 'do that in the street and you'd be done for it...'.

Should footballers adhere to the same laws as everybody else? Absolutely IMO. If they can't conduct their duties without resorting to that type of behaviour, they're in the wrong profession and shouldn't be granted the opportunity to make ludicrous salaries when they're setting that type of example and treating their fellow professionals in such a manner.

nic81
01-03-2014, 11:33 PM
who have an incredibly loyal and huge fan base and have been rubbish for years.

Similarity's are striking no????

Pete
01-03-2014, 11:35 PM
In the great wide world beyond hibs.net, it's a discussion I've heard on numerous occasions...

Often, more along the lines of 'do that in the street and you'd be done for it...'.

Should footballers adhere to the same laws as everybody else? Absolutely IMO. If they can't conduct their duties without resorting to that type of behaviour, they're in the wrong profession and shouldn't be granted the opportunity to make ludicrous salaries when they're setting that type of example and treating their fellow professionals in such a manner.

Where do you draw the line though?

Would a professional foul fall into the same category? If you tripped someone up in the street it's technically assault.

Unlike the street, this is an adrenaline fuelled sport and people lose it for a second sometimes. Things like this should be dealt with within the present boundaries.

Liverpools should be heavily punished and fined for their away shirt though. I think I've just witnessed a crime.

Speedy
01-03-2014, 11:39 PM

Moot point but I don't think you would get done for that in the street.

Should be hammered by the FA.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2014, 11:52 PM
Other than pushing Pardew away?

It was a pathetic reaction and a pathetic attempt at a head butt by Pardew who will rightly be fined and banned because a manager has to set a better example than that, and also because he's been in trouble before.

The way I saw it, the Hull player was running at full pace towards the touchline and Pardew was standing in the way. He had no option but to brush past him on his way to retrieving the ball.

I don't believe he had any sort of intention to be involved in any kind of altercation with Pardew and the reaction he got was totally over the top.

J-C
02-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Newcastle have fined him £100k and a verbal warning, that's just the start of it.

Aldo
02-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Newcastle have fined him £100k and a verbal warning, that's just the start of it.

Duncan 'drunken disorderly' Ferguson got the Bar L for exactly the same..(albeit he may of had previous)

Pardew should of been sacked by NUFC simple as that.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Duncan 'drunken disorderly' Ferguson got the Bar L for exactly the same..(albeit he may of had previous)

Pardew should of been sacked by NUFC simple as that.

I think he'll be gone by wed mate IMO. The FA can't sack him but they can hammer Newcastle and the media are all over this too. I think he'll either walk or be sacked.

Aldo
02-03-2014, 07:43 AM
I think he'll be gone by wed mate IMO. The FA can't sack him but they can hammer Newcastle and the media are all over this too. I think he'll either walk or be sacked.

And rightly so. He's set the standards now and if one of his players headbutt anyone or an opposing player headbutt a one of his players in the 'heat of the moment' he cannot criticise them for their actions.

He has to go but not sure Ashley will sack him.

Thecat23
02-03-2014, 08:03 AM
And rightly so. He's set the standards now and if one of his players headbutt anyone or an opposing player headbutt a one of his players in the 'heat of the moment' he cannot criticise them for their actions.

Yeah Ashley is his mate so will be interesting how he handles this!

Aldo
02-03-2014, 08:05 AM
Yeah Ashley is his mate so will be interesting how he handles this!

Aye the London mafia. Kinnear is just away - who the fans hated.

I hope your right and he goes.

Sir Bobby will be turning in his grave.

lucky
02-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Having now seen it, it's a pathetic attempt at a head butt. But the bottom line he is the manger and has embarrassed his club. He had got previous for poor behaviour on the touch line. If Gary Locke had behaved like that there would be no one defending him on here as it was "hand bags". The bottom line is he tried to assault a Hull player and should treated no different to a fan who tried to do this. FFS a Newcastle fan was given 12 months for punching a police horse. I'll be amazed if the police don't take action

Speedy
02-03-2014, 08:44 AM

Of course he can criticise.

Aldo
02-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Of course he can criticise.

Double standards then. Should be setting an example. Just find it hard for him to criticise others when he has done it. Just saying like

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Loving the moral outrage on this from fans of a sport that regularly sees players commit far more serious assaults on opposition players, have hundreds of folk every week who use football as an excuse to act like absolute tossers both verbally and physically offering violence to fellow supporters and abusing the Police and stewards. We even had one fan on here admitting he's an idiot but excusing his behavior as his release from the pressures of everyday life!
Alan Pardew has made a massive tit of himself and has admitted as much, Newcastle have fined him and and the FA will probably throw the book at him, his punishment will far outweigh anything that we have seen handed to a player for a similar offence yet players are far more influential role models than a manager will ever be.

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Did they sack wee Robbo for kicking Laszlo up the arse?

Speedy
02-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Double standards then. Should be setting an example. Just find it hard for him to criticise others when he has done it. Just saying like

It's not double standards though.

He admitted he was wrong and apologised at the first opportunity. He made a mistake, he and his squad can learn from it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-03-2014, 10:43 AM
He was pushed, he over-reacted, he's apologised and been punished.

End of story, move on. Lots of over reaction on here and the TV.

Doesn't work like that. Now all the players can lose their composure and he has nothing in his locker to warn them with

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Doesn't work like that. Now all the players can lose their composure and he has nothing in his locker to warn them with

Ever heard of someone who has committed an offence, be punished for it and then go on to be able to offer advice to similar offenders, empathise with them, show an understanding of how and why it happened and explain the adverse affect it had on their lives/careers.

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Mountain out of molehill.

Hibercelona
02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
It was a daft thing to do. But the player clearly shoved him out of the way initially, so I don't see why the player should be protected from any criticism.

O'Rourke3
02-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Up front, Pardew is a class a t*t and may indeed lose his job over this. Not sure that would punish him TBF as he'll get a DOF job somewhere in England - no problem. So he'd be embarrassed. As a manager he's been sacked before so no worries.

As for the incident, Pardew makes no moves towards the player - or the bench keep hold of the ball. Is it just me or should a professional athlete no matter how fast he's travelling be able to move slightly to his left and avoid a collsion? I think he could. Getting humped at home I think he saw a freeby, took it, and got the wrong reaction. I think Pardew reacts because he knows its deliberate and could have been avoided.:tin hat:

Hermit Crab
02-03-2014, 12:10 PM
He's been fined £100,000 by Newcastle. FA punishment will follow no doubt.

Aldo
02-03-2014, 12:44 PM
It's not double standards though. He admitted he was wrong and apologised at the first opportunity. He made a mistake, he and his squad can learn from it.

It would be double standards. Just because he's apologised doesn't make it right. His position is untenable IMHO and should leave the club with immediate effect.

Not the sort of image the manager of a club should be portraying. His actions were and are unacceptable.

Opinions eh!! ;-)

Speedy
02-03-2014, 01:06 PM
It would be double standards. Just because he's apologised doesn't make it right. His position is untenable IMHO and should leave the club with immediate effect.

Not the sort of image the manager of a club should be portraying. His actions were and are unacceptable.

Opinions eh!! ;-)

Of course it doesn't make it right but it does acknowledge it is wrong. If Pardew says to his players 'I know what I did was wrong. I will accept my punishment and I do not expect this behaviour again from myself or anyone else at the club' then I don't see how anyone can say it's double standards.

Wouldn't disagree with the bit in bold though.

jonty
02-03-2014, 01:18 PM
He's got previous on the sidelines.
Players get away with worse and get hit with less.

Pardew will get hard by the FA but there needs to be consistency.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Ever heard of someone who has committed an offence, be punished for it and then go on to be able to offer advice to similar offenders, empathise with them, show an understanding of how and why it happened and explain the adverse affect it had on their lives/careers.
Yes, but never in football. Maybe an example would be where someone puts an unnecessary snidey slant on a posting and when it is pointed out later, the person can advise others against doing the same??

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Yes, but never in football. Maybe an example would be where someone puts an unnecessary snidey slant on a posting and when it is pointed out later, the person can advise others against doing the same??

That's a good point, if I ever do that please point it out to me. Back to the subject, maybe it happens in football more than you realise?