PDA

View Full Version : Terry Butcher want's to make Easter Road a fortress?

Iain Bradwell
01-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Just watched Terry Butcher's message to the fans on Hibernian TV, Does any body buy into his vision that that's ever going to happen?

Spike Mandela
01-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Just watched Terry Butcher's message to the fans on Hibernian TV, Does any body buy into his vision that that's ever going to happen?

We've got to buy in to it. What else can we do?:dunno:

HUTCHYHIBBY
Sounds like a good idea, at least we wouldnae be able to get in! :-)

Iain Bradwell
Just wanted an opinion, calm doon.

davidw
What are you hoping for as a reply?

Maybe some guidance on the use of apostrophes?

Gettin' Auld
01-03-2014, 03:02 PM
What are you hoping for as a reply?

LTYF maybe? :greengrin

hibee316
01-03-2014, 03:03 PM

Yea guys, the above responses are way over the top and frankly sickening.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 03:03 PM
It's already repelling fans

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Easter Road is already becoming a fortress. Less and less people are getting in.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2014, 03:07 PM

I'd rather go over the top with Butcher than you if that attitude is representative of you .

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2014, 03:08 PM

How can your name be an anagram of "the phantom flan flinger"?

Ringothedog
01-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Yea guys, the above responses are way over the top and frankly sickening.

The only thing in this thread that is over the top is your reply

Thecat23
01-03-2014, 03:12 PM
A vision will only work if you do buy into it and all pull together in the bad times. Yes we are bad right now. Nothing will change this season.

It's about being patient. Sadly what's happened is we hired bad managers who were given to long. So when we do get a good one he doesn't get time because we're fed up waiting. It's not TB fault. His signings in the summer will decide who it goes! The more season tickets we have the better the budget.

So it's the chance you take. It is dear and the value is poor but I'm going to buy one and back him fully. He's a good manager as he's proved it in this league with ICT.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Whoosh? :greengrin

hibee316
01-03-2014, 03:16 PM

I think we all need to just calm the flip doon.

*sorry for the language*

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 03:20 PM
The only time ER has been a "fortress" was in the Mowbray era. Maybe Collins too. The football we played then is night and day compared to now.

Chibs
01-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Don't know if it will ever be a fortress.
But rest assured Iain it will never become Tescos,flats, or some groundfill site.

O'Rourke3
01-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Ambition and setting goals. I'd expect nothing less. TB aims to set high standards. So a bit of a moot question.

Sent from my brain via Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2014, 03:25 PM

We could say we're buying into it, and then just not pay. :greengrin

GREEN WARLORD
01-03-2014, 03:27 PM
I buy into it and I think he will make Easter Road a fortress.

Niffy
01-03-2014, 03:32 PM
A fortress ??? It's a sandcastle just now.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 03:33 PM
If we are going to make ER a fortress, there are some fannies in the crowd that need to stop hurling abuse at the players and start supporting them and stop booing for the sake of it when things are not going our way. But, we need to get things on the park sorred out first.

Kato
01-03-2014, 03:33 PM

What are you going to do with it?

Kato
01-03-2014, 03:34 PM
If we are going to make ER a fortress, there are some fannies in the crowd that need to stop hurling abuse at the players and start supporting them and stop booing for the sake of it when things are not going our way. But, we need to get things on the park sorred out first.

Correct. They are doing the away fans job for them.

GREEN WARLORD
01-03-2014, 03:35 PM
A fortress ??? It's a sandcastle just now.

That's stating the obvious.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2014, 03:36 PM

Yup. Malpas needs to calm the F down.

Pete
01-03-2014, 03:37 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about self scanners

I'm still at the ground trying to get in. Have we scored yet?

rcarter1
01-03-2014, 03:38 PM

Thats what the Hearts fans said about Romanov. Nonetheless, Ive got a feeling we could be in for the biggest summer overhaul in a long time.
If we get the right folk in summer we could see a huge surge in interest.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2014, 03:39 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about self scanners

I'm still at the ground trying to get in. Have we scored yet?

Wouldn't bother mate.

Section 43 are being a-holes, and as for Hanlon......his dress sense is appalling.

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 03:40 PM

There's a difference between things not going our way and players who just aren't bothered.

Fans boo, because they're paying to watch players who just aren't bothered.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 03:46 PM
There's a difference between things not going our way and players who just aren't bothered.

Doesn't make us play better though, just worse. Players loose confidence etc. Creates a ***** atmosphere and not a way to make the place a fortress. But as I said, we need players to start performing.

rcarter1
01-03-2014, 03:49 PM
We could say we're buying into it, and then just not pay. :greengrin
:tee hee:

Im tending towards paying, and just not forcing myself to watch.

The Green Goblin
01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Don't know if it will ever be a fortress.
But rest assured Iain it will never become Tescos,flats, or some groundfill site.

:greengrin:top marks

To answer the op, we won`t know the answer until Butcher has his own team in after the summer.

Itsnoteasy
02-03-2014, 10:31 AM

A fortress it will be. But the drawbridge will be left open.

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2014, 11:40 AM

Who are these players? :confused:

Dashing Bob S
02-03-2014, 11:43 AM
It already is a fortress in that it's designed to keep the fans outside.

MrSmith
02-03-2014, 11:47 AM
A vision will only work if you do buy into it and all pull together in the bad times. Yes we are bad right now. Nothing will change this season.

It's about being patient. Sadly what's happened is we hired bad managers who were given to long. So when we do get a good one he doesn't get time because we're fed up waiting. It's not TB fault. His signings in the summer will decide who it goes! The more season tickets we have the better the budget.

So it's the chance you take. It is dear and the value is poor but I'm going to buy one and back him fully. He's a good manager as he's proved it in this league with ICT.

Wish this had a 'like' button!

HiBremian
02-03-2014, 12:07 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Eben-Emael (http://Terry Butcher want's to make Easter Road a fortress?)

Fortresses aren't necessarily what it says on the tin. :cb

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-03-2014, 07:19 PM
If we lie down any easier, we could always go for making it a mattress?

heretoday
02-03-2014, 07:42 PM
A fortress made of Lego.

sleeping giant
02-03-2014, 08:00 PM
A fortress made of Lego.

Lego fortresses are extremely strong. I can normally stand on any I build and I usually do :-)

sleeping giant
02-03-2014, 08:00 PM
If we lie down any easier, we could always go for making it a mattress?

:greengrin:

Joe6-2
02-03-2014, 08:04 PM

I remember when it used to be, seems so long ago!!!!!

basehibby
02-03-2014, 09:26 PM

I buy into it - Butcher & Malpas have shown before that they can spot a player and build a team and we need to show a bit of patience with them. Fans can help of course by doing less bitching and more supporting (eg - singing! Many areas of the ground seem to think the evolution of a singing section excuses them from this :confused:).

Of course there will always be some who will bitch they're little hearts out at the slightest excuse, and the team can always help generate an atmosphere themselves by playing decent football and scoring some goals! But we WILL need to show a little patience - the primary factor in making ER a fortress will be the players on the pitch being good enough together to win football matches and right now we are watching pretty much the same bunch who started the season in such murderous fashion.

IberianHibernian
02-03-2014, 09:30 PM
5 wins and 2 draws from first 7 home games last season was probably as good a home run as we`ve had in last decade at least . Home record in recent years has been bad but is it not the same with other teams too ? We won 3 times at Killie in 2013 , I remember when we went about 20 years without one win there .

IberianHibernian
02-03-2014, 09:34 PM
I buy into it - Butcher & Malpas have shown before that they can spot a player and build a team and we need to show a bit of patience with them. Fans can help of course by doing less bitching and more supporting (eg - singing! Many areas of the ground seem to think the evolution of a singing section excuses them from this :confused:).

Of course there will always be some who will bitch they're little hearts out at the slightest excuse, and the team can always help generate an atmosphere themselves by playing decent football and scoring some goals! But we WILL need to show a little patience - the primary factor in making ER a fortress will be the players on the pitch being good enough together to win football matches and right now we are watching pretty much the same bunch who started the season in such murderous fashion.Murderous fashion then went on a reasonably good run . Lets hope the same happens now . So far of 5 repeat matches with same players or better ( winter window and return of Harris , Cairney and Forster ) we`ve done worse in 4 .

SaulGoodman
02-03-2014, 09:43 PM

Of course there will always be some who will bitch they're little hearts out at the slightest excuse, and the team can always help generate an atmosphere themselves by playing decent football and scoring some goals! But we WILL need to show a little patience - the primary factor in making ER a fortress will be the players on the pitch being good enough together to win football matches and right now we are watching pretty much the same bunch who started the season in such murderous fashion.

Agree with most of that, except some people don't fancy singing at games. Not much wrong with that.

heretoday
02-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Lego fortresses are extremely strong. I can normally stand on any I build and I usually do :-)

In that case I believe I am in the presence of the next Hibs manager.

SaulGoodman
02-03-2014, 09:48 PM

Terry Butchers Lego army

Bostonhibby
02-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Still fuming about what I witnessed on Friday but to channel my energy positively I am going to singlehandedly convert my garden shed into a full scale model of Blackpool tower complete with lights. I should finish about the same time as Tel gets this fortress arrangement set up. We have been soft as shiote at home for years now and the playing squad continues to be bottom six standard.

trev the hat
03-03-2014, 08:26 PM
The weej view not too far off the mark
http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/opinion/shell-shocked-commander-in-chief-has-a-battle-on-his-hands-with-hibs.23582045?_=9797d3ad6c3e60da6f454f6e70d7f566d1 402e71

Saorsa
03-03-2014, 08:38 PM
The weej view not too far off the mark
http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/opinion/shell-shocked-commander-in-chief-has-a-battle-on-his-hands-with-hibs.23582045?_=9797d3ad6c3e60da6f454f6e70d7f566d1 402e71

"He has been cloaked by the Hibs malaise"

snooky
03-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Terry Butchers Lego army

Aye, and the one's that will be Lego in the summer are bricking it.

judas
04-03-2014, 07:11 PM

yes, I buy it.

Tb is going to place a big chastity belt around the club, making penetration difficult. Easter rd will be impregnable again.

Ronniekirk
04-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Part of all this army /Camouflage P R campaign to promote Season Ticket Sales I think . I bet he is Privately regretting this already after Fridays un fortress like performance:wink:

Wighty76
04-03-2014, 08:24 PM

this is pretty much sums it up for me. This will be my first ever season ticket and it's going to be a bit of a gamble. I am hoping a sizeable number of fellow fans are with me on this. Hopefully Rod and co will help out by loosening the purse strings and bump up the season ticket kitty.

GreenLake
04-03-2014, 08:43 PM

Do you live in Eskbank?