PDA

View Full Version : Thomson MUST play in our next game

Ronaldo9
01-03-2014, 12:46 PM
We desperately need some composure in our midfield. Someone who will put their foot on the ball and not just aimlessly kick it as hard and as far as possible. TT is now suspended and Liam Craig is woeful. Time to bite the bullet Tel and get Thomson back in the side!!

Gmack7
01-03-2014, 12:50 PM
:agree:if we play a defensive midfielder it must be KT

skipster7
01-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Play whoever in midfield, it wont matter as the ball is constantly shelled over their head.

Jones28
01-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Play whoever in midfield, it wont matter as the ball is constantly shelled over their head.

This.

Golden Bear
01-03-2014, 01:45 PM
I suspect that Heffernan has now met with the same fate as Kev.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 01:46 PM

You heard anything regarding this bud?

Jones28
01-03-2014, 01:50 PM

You heard anything regarding this bud?

I suspect this too, the fact he wasnt even on the bench would suggest he is out of favour.

lord bunberry
01-03-2014, 01:58 PM
We desperately need some composure in our midfield. Someone who will put their foot on the ball and not just aimlessly kick it as hard and as far as possible. TT is now suspended and Liam Craig is woeful. Time to bite the bullet Tel and get Thomson back in the side!!

What did he do when he was getting a game?

Gus Fring
01-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Thompson is being left out because he was injured. He'll be given the same chance as Taiwo to turn his fortunes around but not until he's fully fit.

seven nowt
01-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Best player in the team. Said this over and over and I have no idea why Terry is playing Taiwo over him. Thomson hasn't put a foot wrong since rejoining. Got MOTM 4 weeks in a row. Composed, puts in a tackle and shift and a midfielder that we know will play well most weeks. Too good for this Hibs team yet he can't get a game??

Also think Cairney and Watmore should be in the lineup.

SaulGoodman
01-03-2014, 02:37 PM
He's been injured

kentao
01-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Taiwos been decent. Craig on the other hand can GTF.

jodjam
01-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Kevin playing for EoS side today

Twiglet
01-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Strolling it so far.

Ozyhibby
01-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Thomson played well for the u20's today.

KingFranck
01-03-2014, 05:02 PM
He did indeed stroll the game and even laughed when one of their players kicked him played most of the match has to start next week

heretoday
01-03-2014, 05:18 PM
I agree. KT must play and Cairney too. We need some sort of effort and experience in the side. They look lost.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Best player in the team. Said this over and over and I have no idea why Terry is playing Taiwo over him. Thomson hasn't put a foot wrong since rejoining. Got MOTM 4 weeks in a row. Composed, puts in a tackle and shift and a midfielder that we know will play well most weeks. Too good for this Hibs team yet he can't get a game??

While i think he's worth a place, he's never been man of the match 4 games in a row, and he's hardly been the best player in the team when he has played.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Watmore, Cairney, KT & Heff in.

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-03-2014, 05:23 PM
I'd have KT, Watmore and Cairney in next week instead of TT(suspended), Harris and Craig

Kato
01-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Do some people's browsers automatically omit the words, "He's been injured."?

More than anything we need some character and grit in midfield, if KT can provide that more players will be brought into play.

Brightside
01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
I know we are struggling but Cairney is slow lazy and lacking in ability. So yes prob a cert for next game! I've never understood the calls for Heff... he's a penalty box player. We don't play that game at the moment.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2014, 05:42 PM
I know we are struggling but Cairney is slow lazy and lacking in ability. So yes prob a cert for next game! I've never understood the calls for Heff... he's a penalty box player. We don't play that game at the moment.

When do you fancy paying up?

weonlywon6-2
01-03-2014, 05:42 PM
I'd have KT, Watmore and Cairney in next week instead of TT(suspended), Harris and Craig

these would be decent changes for us,hopefully tb will do something.
we are low on confidence clearly but cairney and thommo could.lift things

Brightside
01-03-2014, 05:45 PM
When do you fancy paying up?

End of Season sir.... every player is allowed a bad game. I can assure he was on the list for recent squad.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2014, 05:47 PM
End of Season sir.... every player is allowed a bad game. I can assure he was on the list for recent squad.

:faf: Firing squad? :wink:

Brightside
01-03-2014, 05:49 PM
haha. after friday night even i would have shot him.

oconnors_strip
01-03-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm not thomson's biggest fan but he deserves a chance back in the first team. He played well today, yes it was east of scotland level, but he showed more than what craig does.

Think Thomson will get another run out with the under 20s on Tuesday to get his fitness back to first team level ready for next weekend

Nevi_SOL
01-03-2014, 09:33 PM

Have to Disagree with most Taiwo has been one of best midfielder and if im honest Thomson hasn't done enough to convince me he is better in this spell with hibs

JCHibby
01-03-2014, 10:30 PM
This.

Incorrect, look who does the shelling. Liam Craig, no courage on the ball, not the only one to blame though as options available and looking for the ball are shocking.

TornadoHibby
02-03-2014, 09:10 PM

So nothing in the story that KT had a "fall out " with MM very early in the TB/MM management era? :confused:

TornadoHibby
02-03-2014, 09:12 PM
While i think he's worth a place, he's never been man of the match 4 games in a row, and he's hardly been the best player in the team when he has played.

So you don't think he'd improve us from the "standard" of the last few games then BH? :confused:

Hibercelona
02-03-2014, 09:15 PM
I like how most people just assume that Thomson is being overlooked for no reason at all. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2014, 11:25 PM
So you don't think he'd improve us from the "standard" of the last few games then BH? :confused:

He's hardly been that great since coming back, but i'd still pick him over Craig as a sitting midfielder. It makes no difference imo who we play from all those available, any permutation of this lot is a bottom 6 side that struggle to play decent football.

basehibby
02-03-2014, 11:33 PM

Don't agree that Craig has suddenly become a pish player after a couple of dud performances. However I do agree that Thomson is well worth a run out if fit. I was surprised to see him told he could find another club in Jan - regardless of the style of play Thomson has shown since his return to Hibs that he's still a quality player - with our current injuries and suspensions it seems a no brainer to use him if fit and available.

CB_NO3
02-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Why not put Craig back to left midfield. I know it is not his natural position but he played there under Fenlon and was effective. Must be a better attacking option than Stevenson. That means you can play a combination of KT, Stanton, Tudor and Taiwo in the middle of the park. Get Watmore on the right then IMO the team looks better balanced.

Edit- I forgot about Robertson too.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2014, 09:04 AM

This is the same Cairney that had GMS in his pocket up at tannadice and was subbed when we were 0-2 up and then we conceded 2 late goals because GMS got the freedom of the park. It was either handling or Stanton that came on and couldn't control him. Cairney in the team for me.