PDA

View Full Version : Training Centre

rab1875
01-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Serious question ,what is the point of it ?
We haven't achieved anything from it that I can see .The players love it ,maybe that's the problem ? The players are paid well to do the job for 90 minutes a week but fail to even turn up 95% of the time !Instead of strolling about East Mains getting pampered like Big time Charlies ,perhaps its time to get back to basics .Training should be hard and the actual 90 minutes game time should be the reward for it !

marinello59
01-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Do you think Butcher and Malpas are not working them hard enough then?

Aldo
01-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Serious question ,what is the point of it ? We haven't achieved anything from it that I can see .The players love it ,maybe that's the problem ? The players are paid well to do the job for 90 minutes a week but fail to even turn up 95% of the time !Instead of strolling about East Mains getting pampered like Big time Charlies ,perhaps its time to get back to basics .Training should be hard and the actual 90 minutes game time should be the reward for it !

From what I've heard they've been getting worked very hard. As for the TC, play stations etc have all been removed.

However signs and whoever stays is in for a shock in pre season this year.

A btw at least we've got our own training centre and after god knows how long I'm sure we'll see the benefits next season (hope anyway)

lucky
01-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Not sure what people are expecting from the Training centre. It's not an academy, it's where the players train. Yes it's state of the art but would fans rather the players had to train on public parks or share a student campus.

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 01:19 PM
What do they actually do in training though? Clearly its not passing the ball across the deck, because all we see is hoooooooooof!

I cringe whenever the GK or a defender touches the ball, because I already know whats going to follow. Hoooooooooooooooooof!

There is literally zero tactics from Hibs each and every game and it's been like that for years.

It's as if the players are told to go out there and just do whatever they like.

hibs0666
01-03-2014, 01:44 PM
We haven't achieved anything from it that I can see .The players love it ,maybe that's the problem ? The players are paid well to do the job for 90 minutes a week but fail to even turn up 95% of the time !Instead of strolling about East Mains getting pampered like Big time Charlies ,perhaps its time to get back to basics .Training should be hard and the actual 90 minutes game time should be the reward for it !

Oh man.

rab1875
01-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Not sure what people are expecting from the Training centre. It's not an academy, it's where the players train. Yes it's state of the art but would fans rather the players had to train on public parks or share a student campus.

Just saying I cant see any progress whatsoever since the training centre opened . Have You? We had better performances and produced better young players when we were training on public parks .
Totally agree its a state of the art facility but its not working

GreenCastle
01-03-2014, 01:50 PM

What's the alternative ?

While East Main may not be perfect (location and windy/open to the elements) - it is a base with potential.

What would be good to see is more youths produced and being sold on further down the line to help with transfer budgets etc. Ideally we would keep the youths but like Scott Brown / Fletcher and co showed - you can benefit Hibs then sold = money to help the club.

If we didn't have a training centre or completed stadium fans would be moaning about that on here each week wanting one.

Jones28
01-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Get them down to Gullane sands and running up and down arthurs seat :blah:

rab1875
01-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Oh man.
:thumbsup:

rab1875
01-03-2014, 01:57 PM

Nah that would be to much like hard work !!

MSK
01-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Get them down to Gullane sands and running up and down arthurs seat :blah:Then when they are finished ..Tough Mudder ..electric wires, barbed wire, ice pools .....then dinner ..:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2014, 02:06 PM

Great point in his blue print for continued success at Man United he said that the academy should be scrapped immediately. Where were you when Terry and Mo were waxing lyrical about the training centre? Maybe revisit that and after your debate with Alec maybe you'll have your answer.

Did you read Mikey's bit about visiting the training centre to arrange payment of cheque to Hibernian youth? I guess not or you wouldn't be coming out with this.

Jones28
01-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Then when they are finished ..Tough Mudder ..electric wires, barbed wire, ice pools .....then dinner ..:agree:

All whilst being shot repeatedly with paintball guns

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 02:29 PM

Then after the warm up, they can practice the art of 5 yard passing and movement at Leith Links. (None of this treadmill nonsense)

MSK
01-03-2014, 02:30 PM
All whilst being shot repeatedly with paintball gunsBollock naked ..:agree:

SaulGoodman
01-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Bollock naked ..:agree:

Whilst doing a chicken dance

Onceinawhile
01-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Sam stanton practices his free kicks at home I'm fairly sure. Certainly not at east mains.

rab1875
01-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Sam stanton practices his free kicks at home I'm fairly sure. Certainly not at east mains.

Maybe Sam should invite His team mates back to His house then.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-03-2014, 03:57 PM
If we didn't have a training centre or completed stadium fans would be moaning about that on here each week wanting one.

I dinnae think thats true. If we had a decent team folk wouldnae give a flying one about the infrastructure.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 04:00 PM
When are we actually going to open the training centre to the players and coaches so they can use the facilities and we can see the benefits of it. I'm fed up waiting.