PDA

View Full Version : Heffernan

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Why isn't he getting a game? Ludicrous.

As he fallen out with TB or something?

Bob1875
01-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Why would you want him to get a game? Every time he's had a chance he looks like a competition winner. He doesn't look like he can be arsed being on a football pitch. Apart from all that, he can't be used in the system we are playing just now....hoofball!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Why would you want him to get a game? Every time he's had a chance he looks like a competition winner. He doesn't look like he can be arsed being on a football pitch. Apart from all that, he can't be used in the system we are playing just now....hoofball!

Why would I want him playing? Because he is arguably our striker. He looks like he cant be arsed? Pish. Feed the Heff!!!!

hibees 7062
01-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Why would I want him playing? Because he is arguably our best striker. He looks like he cant be arsed? Pish. Feed the Heff!!!!

Sorted and :top marks

OsloHibs
01-03-2014, 02:24 AM
There has to be something wrong with him (I hope not though), I posted a few weeks ago that he has lost so much weight. I didn't recognize it was him warming up.

IWasThere2016
01-03-2014, 06:41 AM
When we last played United - he played and we were the better side. I think the only other differences were we went 4-4-2 and Cairney, Robertson and Collins started. We totally bossed them - and we PASSED the ball. Now, 7 or 8 weeks later, we're dross and they could've had 7 tonight! Bewildering..

weonlywon6-2
01-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Why would I want him playing? Because he is arguably our striker. He looks like he cant be arsed? Pish. Feed the Heff!!!!

exactly,hes our kris boyd,get him playing

KeithTheHibby
01-03-2014, 08:19 AM
When we last played United - he played and we were the better side. I think the only other differences were we went 4-4-2 and Cairney, Robertson and Collins started. We totally bossed them - and we PASSED the ball. Now, 7 or 8 weeks later, we're dross and they could've had 7 tonight! Bewildering..

Blame butcher for that. With the exception of Robertson he has the same players available. This 5 in midfield is ****ing horrible.

lucky
01-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Blame butcher for that. With the exception of Robertson he has the same players available. This 5 in midfield is ****ing horrible.

100% correct 1 up front is the route of our problems. That and our team is crap

Beefster
01-03-2014, 08:39 AM
This always happens on here. When things are pish, there is a clamour for a player not playing to get a game. In most cases, that player had already been dropped for being pish.

We need a lot of changes but Heffernan is never going to be the answer.

Winston Ingram
01-03-2014, 10:28 AM

I think it's just because he's hopeless

QMU-1875
01-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Sorry but heffernan has been hopeless.

EHZERO7
01-03-2014, 10:46 AM
The Heff is obviously well down TBs pecking order and would have been a St. Mirren player in the transfer window but seemingly isnt allowed to join another Scottish club as he has played for Hibs and Killie this season

Pretty Boy
01-03-2014, 10:50 AM
The only proven goalscorer at this level at the club. Can't even get in the squad.

I really hope TB knows what he's doing.

mentalhibee
01-03-2014, 10:55 AM
The only proven goalscorer at this level at the club. Can't even get in the squad.

I really hope TB knows what he's doing.

He's been terrible since he arrived. Can see why Killie got rid.

3pm
01-03-2014, 10:58 AM

I'd disagree. He was doing well before his injury but never done well since but I doubt he's fit. How many starts has he had since he came back?

Sir David Gray
01-03-2014, 11:21 AM
This always happens on here. When things are pish, there is a clamour for a player not playing to get a game. In most cases, that player had already been dropped for being pish.

We need a lot of changes but Heffernan is never going to be the answer.

He's only started three games under Butcher and one of those was his first game in charge at St. Mirren when he got injured after 6 minutes and then was out for over a month.

We have a shocking goals for tally and really don't see why Heffernan isn't getting a chance.

I think his past record at Kilmarnock justifies that.

LaMotta
01-03-2014, 11:24 AM

Not true. He's been terrible since Butcher arrived.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-03-2014, 11:24 AM

Based on recent performances though, if we dropped all the players that looked like they could not be arsed, would we have enough left for a starting eleven?

tanfield
01-03-2014, 11:46 AM
I don't think he has been given much of a chance since coming back from injury / butcher arriving.

he would be in my starting team team ahead of handling anyway. he's quite an intelligent player who has a good touch and brings others in.

one up front is defo not the answer.

GreenArmyyy!
01-03-2014, 11:48 AM

Lot of rubbish, he's a goal scorer that always looks like he will score. Something we don't have right now.

heretoday
01-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Try him. Try anyone who wasn't connected with that dross last night.

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-03-2014, 10:10 PM
He was a proven scorer at Killie who's fans were disappointed when he left. Surely worth a chance for a team who are only out scored in the league by the Yams.

Albion Hibs
01-03-2014, 10:16 PM
He has to be worth a chance, we have drawn too many games this season, low scoring ones at that. Any striker that can find a bit of form will make a huge difference to the rest of this season.

Golden Bear
01-03-2014, 10:24 PM
The man has stated his opinion on the preferred style of play practiced by the Manager and has suffered the consequences.

jeffers
01-03-2014, 10:34 PM
The man has stated his opinion on the preferred style of play practiced by the Manager and has suffered the consequences.

I wonder if I try that they might stop me getting in for the next game !!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 11:34 PM
I'll be flabbergasted if he doesn't play against Well. Who else is going to score?

IWasThere2016
05-03-2014, 02:44 PM

We didnt lump it v the Arabs away and (without giving it too much thought admittedly) I think this is the best we've played under TB.

4-4-2, back to passing basics and the Heff in IMHO.

SaulGoodman
05-03-2014, 02:51 PM
We didnt lump it v the Arabs away and (without giving it too much thought admittedly) I think this is the best we've played under TB.

4-4-2, back to passing basics and the Heff in IMHO.

We always play better in a 4-4-2, same under Fenlon.

Why we keep reverting back to 1 up front I'll never know.

Brightside
05-03-2014, 04:02 PM

I think they found out he is actually 43 yo.

IWasThere2016
05-03-2014, 06:13 PM
We always play better in a 4-4-2, same under Fenlon.

Why we keep reverting back to 1 up front I'll never know.

I can only think it's to accommodate Stanton. But I agree with you 100%

Itsnoteasy
05-03-2014, 08:16 PM

Think he broke his jaw. He cracked a smile.

judas
05-03-2014, 08:24 PM

It is ludicrous that he is here at all and its just another chapter in the demise of what was once a promising career.

It is depressing that one is reduced to a playing the club bench monkey on frosty Scottish afternoons, when at his peak he drove Kit, and starred alongside some of Americas best talent in Baywatch. I think his singing career in Germany was the beginning of the end for the heff.

gegs70
06-03-2014, 09:09 AM
He looks too much like Pat Felon.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-03-2014, 07:19 PM
It is ludicrous that he is here at all and its just another chapter in the demise of what was once a promising career.

It is depressing that one is reduced to a playing the club bench monkey on frosty Scottish afternoons, when at his peak he drove Kit, and starred alongside some of Americas best talent in Baywatch. I think his singing career in Germany was the beginning of the end for the heff.

Austria was it not? Anyway they tried everything to get him down from that wall...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Nice to see him get on and score. Too good a striker to be on the bench in the first place IMO. Good finish and hopefully he that has gave Butcher food for thought and he will start games from now on. Delighted for him! #FeedTheHeff:greengrin

Aldo
08-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Nice to see him get on and score. Too good a striker to be on the bench in the first place IMO. Good finish and hopefully he that has gave Butcher food for thought and he will start games from now on. Delighted for him! #FeedTheHeff:greengrin

This. If we are going with 2 up top then Heff has to be one of them.

Diclonius
08-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Best striker we have at the club.

Aldo
08-03-2014, 05:18 PM

Indeed.

hibee_girl

:agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG

Been saying this for weeks mate, glad you agree.

Pretty Boy
08-03-2014, 05:19 PM

Been saying it for weeks. Our only proven goalscorer. He needs to play.

Humo
08-03-2014, 05:23 PM
What a difference he made today!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Aldo
08-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Been saying it for weeks. Our only proven goalscorer. He needs to play.

But needs to play in a front 2. Not on his own.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 05:26 PM

Agreed, decent service too! I see Sect43 were signing his name when he acores like the Killie fans did, good too see and hear!

Heisenberg
08-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Only finisher in the squad. Would've scored both easy chances Collins missed.

Aldo
08-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Agreed, decent service too! I see Sect43 were signing his name when he acores like the Killie fans did, good too see and hear!

Indeed. When you have a player with his ability in front if goal it's imperative we play to his strengths. It's an absolute must. Get him playing in the shoulder of the last defender all the time and give him the ball in final 3rd or 18 yard box.

He'd start every week for me.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Indeed. When you have a player with his ability in front if goal it's imperative we play to his strengths. It's an absolute must. Get him playing in the shoulder of the last defender all the time and give him the ball in final 3rd or 18 yard box.

He'd start every week for me.

Agree with everything you say especially the bit in bold.

Aldo
08-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Agree with everything you say especially the bit in bold.

BMD I really am
Hoping that TB has seen that 2 up front is a must. It gives us more options.

Give him the service and he'll do the business. Simple as that.

Elephant Stone
08-03-2014, 05:35 PM

100%.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 05:39 PM
BMD I really am
Hoping that TB has seen that 2 up front is a must. It gives us more options.

Give him the service and he'll do the business. Simple as that.

Correct. I hope Butcher does not get rid in summer.

Aldo
08-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Correct. I hope Butcher does not get rid in summer.

I hope not. Just get someone alongside him to complement his finishing ability. Someone with a bit of pace etc. Heff is a very intelligent player and takes up some very good positions.

This is what we should be looking to do every week.

If he does get rid I would try and get Boyd in.

RickyS
08-03-2014, 05:58 PM
I hope not. Just get someone alongside him to complement his finishing ability. Someone with a bit of pace etc. Heff is a very intelligent player and takes up some very good positions.

This is what we should be looking to do every week.

If he does get rid I would try and get Boyd in.

agree with everything yu say here mate, but was it not the case that him and boyd had a fall out? or did i dream that :greengrin

paul_hfc3
08-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Fantastic Footballer. How much have we got him on contract left? Hope he didn't sign just a One year deal

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Fantastic Footballer. How much have we got him on contract left? Hope he didn't sign just a One year deal

2 or 3 year deal.

Aldo
08-03-2014, 05:59 PM
agree with everything yu say here mate, but was it not the case that him and boyd had a fall out? or did i dream that :greengrin

Nope the fall out was with the chairman for him backing Shiels.

I would only take Boyd if Heff was to leave but think Boyd is after one last pay day. Possibly down south.

You never know tho

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Does anyone known if Heff fell out with TB, hence why he hasn't been getting a game of late?

Billy Whizz
08-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Does anyone known if Heff fell out with TB, hence why he hasn't been getting a game of late?

I think it more the system Butcher wanted to play with one up top, not really the Heff's type of game

GreenCastle
08-03-2014, 06:45 PM
He's the most natural goalscorer we have but seems that he's not dynamic enough to fit into TB's style of play.

Will be interesting to see if he starts of Wed against ICT.

Alfred E Newman
08-03-2014, 06:48 PM

The only real striker at the club.

Up The Bracket
08-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Not being funny, I like Heffernan and I'd have him up front with Collins but a week ago he was "useless" and after he missed the sitter against Raith there were cries of "get rid."

He scores and he's suddenly Maradona, I think he's a good player and I'd have him up front with Collins, but one goal doesn't suddenly make him brilliant from being "hopeless" last week.

Hibs fans eh?

Billy Whizz
08-03-2014, 06:56 PM
The only real striker at the club.

You mean goal scorer, not striker, bit of a difference between the 2

green.and.white
08-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Good finish, wouldn't have trusted Collins or Haynes to take that chance

Sir David Gray
08-03-2014, 07:32 PM
The guy is a proven goalscorer at Scottish Premiership level and I can't for the life of me understand why he's received so little game time under Butcher.

His record at Kilmarnock was good and he's always looked dangerous when I've seen him play for us.

He took his goal really well today and he should be in from the start against Inverness and any future games as well, unless performance levels suggest otherwise.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Not being funny, I like Heffernan and I'd have him up front with Collins but a week ago he was "useless" and after he missed the sitter against Raith there were cries of "get rid."

He scores and he's suddenly Maradona, I think he's a good player and I'd have him up front with Collins, but one goal doesn't suddenly make him brilliant from being "hopeless" last week.

Hibs fans eh?You are judging the opinion of the support on 3/4 people on Hibs.net

Personally I've always rated him and thought he should be starting from day one, once missed chance doesn't change anything and neither does one goal.

Bobby's Cinema
08-03-2014, 08:14 PM

Hibs fans eh?
Simply not true. The sooner he is back playing for us the better. Collins has shown nothing to change that view

kaimendhibs
08-03-2014, 08:54 PM
At tannadice in the two all game I was texting my pal that heff and Collins looked a great partnership. Don't think they have started together since?

Sent from my iphone

ballengeich
08-03-2014, 09:02 PM
At tannadice in the two all game I was texting my pal that heff and Collins looked a great partnership. Don't think they have started together since?

Sent from my iphone

Whenever they've played together they've looked like they complement each other. Collins supplies work rate and effort which makes space for Heffernan's intelligence and finishing to exploit. I'd like them to get a series of games together to work on understanding each other better.

kaimendhibs
08-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Whenever they've played together they've looked like they complement each other. Collins supplies work rate and effort which makes space for Heffernan's intelligence and finishing to exploit. I'd like them to get a series of games together to work on understanding each other better.

Agreed

Sent from my iphone

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 09:10 PM
The guy is a proven goalscorer at Scottish Premiership level and I can't for the life of me understand why he's received so little game time under Butcher.

His record at Kilmarnock was good and he's always looked dangerous when I've seen him play for us.

He took his goal really well today and he should be in from the start against Inverness and any future games as well, unless performance levels suggest otherwise.

He may not have the speed butcher wants but today Hayes speed counted for very little end product .Heff is a footballer and on form a good finisher as he showed today Think when he came back from injury he looked more laboured and maybe came back in too soon ,like Harris .Think Butcher will use Heff but maybe not for full game .The way he holds the ball up controls it shields it and is aware of where players are to pass to and his ability to know which area to drift in to to create space is night and day from the rest

Jonnyboy
08-03-2014, 09:11 PM
When Heff was coming on I said to my brother that if he gets a chance in the box he'll score. He's that type of player :agree:

sleeping giant
08-03-2014, 09:13 PM
When Heff was coming on I said to my brother that if he gets a chance in the box he'll score. He's that type of player :agree:

Yip. Natural goal scorer. We have been screaming for a player like him for a long time.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2014, 02:38 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sGN69w-GBo8# - Took his goal well and a real honest guy. Maybe just me but does anyone think he looked a but sad when asked if he thinks he can keep his position? Keep it up Paul!

Aldo
09-03-2014, 07:20 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sGN69w-GBo8# - Took his goal well and a real honest guy. Maybe just me but does anyone think he looked a but sad when asked if he thinks he can keep his position? Keep it up Paul!

Tbh he made the goal with an excellent first touch then lay off. Some nice off the ball running and very good passes but what a finish.

Has to start every week for me along with a strike partner. Simple as that

allezsauzee
09-03-2014, 08:26 AM
I've been puzzled as to why Heff hasn't been playing. He is a quality finisher. Collins grafts all day but lets be honest he is a very poor finisher. I really don't know what Haynes strengths are. A quality headed goal against Killie but aside from that I've seen nothing from him.

weonlywon6-2
09-03-2014, 08:33 AM

we need heffs in the starting line up each week.great play from cairney as well.

a goal like that v the yams will bring the house down,and them

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Tbh he made the goal with an excellent first touch then lay off. Some nice off the ball running and very good passes but what a finish.

Has to start every week for me along with a strike partner. Simple as that

:agree: A proven finisher for a team that creates chances but can't put them away is a no brainer, has to start.

jeffers
09-03-2014, 08:54 AM
I've been puzzled as to why Heff hasn't been playing. He is a quality finisher. Collins grafts all day but lets be honest he is a very poor finisher. I really don't know what Haynes strengths are. A quality headed goal against Killie but aside from that I've seen nothing from him.

Spot on. His exclusion is another strange decision by our management team.

Ronniekirk
09-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Spot on. His exclusion is another strange decision by our management team.
Butcher did say he felt he wasn't fit enough when he came back after injury so he has been working on that and giving new guy a chance ,but on yesterday's performances would expect Heff to play bigger role in next game Some folk on here were saying he may be getting frozen out like K T ,so yesterday puts that myth to bed at least for Heff

Roxyhibee
09-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Heffernan may not be the quickest or industrious player we have ever had up front at Easter Road but get him playing regularly again and he's easily the best striker we have at the club. By a mile.

I would like all chances / half chances we get from now til the end of the season to fall at the feet of Paul. Was delighted with his goal yesterday and for him.

Aldo
09-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Heffernan may not be the quickest or industrious player we have ever had up front at Easter Road but get him playing regularly again and he's easily the best striker we have at the club. By a mile. I would like all chances / half chances we get from now til the end of the season to fall at the feet of Paul. Was delighted with his goal yesterday and for him.

He was industrious enough yesterday and made his goal with an excellent first touch of a ball after a punt then carried on running into the box and finished very well.

I agree with the half chances/chances bit.

sleeping giant
09-03-2014, 03:20 PM
:greengrin

I've just realised he is Irish, Always thought he was Scandinavian for some reason :confused:

brog
09-03-2014, 03:27 PM

He's just a very quiet guy. TBF to TB he had Heff in his 1st team, then he got injured in first couple of minutes. I like Heff & I was pleased when we signed him but it may be easier coming on against a tired team & for a team in the ascendancy than doing the hard graft from the start. One thing I think everyone agrees is Heff does not really have the physicality to play the lone striker role.

SaulGoodman
09-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Heff has an excellent first touch, play him with another striker up front and we'll see goals.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-03-2014, 10:51 PM
No words are needed:confused::rolleyes:

Bobby's Cinema
12-03-2014, 11:01 PM
What is his contract situation?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-03-2014, 11:14 PM

Signed for 2 or 3 year I think.

Ronniekirk
12-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Heff has an excellent first touch, play him with another striker up front and we'll see goals.
Well T B didn't listen to you and others making this point and surprise we didn't see goals .:confused:

Sir David Gray
12-03-2014, 11:23 PM

His contract expires at the end of next season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-03-2014, 11:43 PM
His contract expires at the end of next season.

Yep http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23897612