PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Team vs Motherwell Next Week...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Thoughts going into this one and team selection...?

Williams

Boateng
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Haynes
Stanton
Thomson (please be fit) or Cairney
Watmore (please be fit)

Heffernan
Handling or Collins

truehibernian
28-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Thommo and Horribine in the middle, Haynes out right, Stanton out left, Heffernan and Collins up front.

Andy Black right back, Ryan Baptie left back, Jordon Forster and Ryan McGivern centre halves.

Will never ever happen in a month of Sundays but it needs something drastic to inspire this shower.

CB_NO3
28-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Stevenson and Harris defo need dropped. Only two wide players who cant pass or cross. Harris needs a rest and time to find his form in the under 20s.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Surely Heffernan & Thomson will get a game? Surely....

SouthamptonHibs
01-03-2014, 01:09 AM
Williams

RB don't care they are all crap
Ch Forster
Ch the rest are crap
Lb don't care there all crap

Rm Cairney
Cm Stanton
Cm thomo
Lm Watmore but Harris if he's not fit (although he has been crap since returning)

Haynes
Heff/Collins

Subs

Handling
Murdoch
Heff/Collins
Craig (been brutal past few games)
Don't care
Don't care
Don't care

Hurry back Roberston!

Sir David Gray
01-03-2014, 01:15 AM
If Paul Heffernan and Kevin Thomson don't, at the very least, feature on the bench next week, they would be as well trying to explore another career path.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 01:22 AM
If Paul Heffernan and Kevin Thomson don't, at the very least, feature on the bench next week, they would be as well trying to explore another career path.

Riduculous how Heffernan & KT ain't been playing.

spike220
01-03-2014, 02:02 AM
Riduculous how Heffernan & KT ain't been playing.

KT simply has not been available through injury & match fitness, this was clarified a few days ago.

weonlywon6-2
01-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Thoughts going into this one and team selection...?

Williams

Boateng
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Haynes
Stanton
Thomson (please be fit) or Cairney
Watmore (please be fit)

Heffernan
Handling or Collins

this is a decent shout,would be better if we had been away from home as we play better.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 01:34 PM
this is a decent shout,would be better if we had been away from home as we play better.

:agree:

Elephant Stone
01-03-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm really into the mad notion of 2 strikers who can link up with each other and maybe score some goals. Who knows? Maybe this will be the game. :cb

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Heff and Hanynes upfront with Watmore on the right and Cairney/Harris or Craig on the left.

Jones28
01-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Murdoch
Boateng Forster Hanlon Stevenson
Cairney Thomson Craig Stanton
Haynes Collins

If fit Watmore for Craig, Stanton into midfield and if fit Heff for Collins

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Williams
Boateng Forster Hanlon McGivern
Watmore Thomson Cairney Stanton
Haynes Heffernan

That would be my team:greengrin

Paloschi
01-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Murdoch

Black
Boateng
Gardiner
Baptie

Smith
Thomson
Stanton
Todd

Cummings
Haynes

100% serious. It can't be worse. The young lads deserve it. At least they won't be scared to pick a pass and have an effort at goal.

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 03:44 PM
The EOS team.

They deserve it over that bloody lot.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Trying not to think about it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Hearts got a hiding, I hope the same doesn't happen to us!

The_Horde
01-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Ben

Boat nel han mcgiv

Wat Cairn Thom Lewy Stanton

Haynes

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Whatever the team is as long as Hanlon, McGivern, Nelson and Craig are not in it then that's fine with me.

Billy Whizz
01-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Whatever the team is as long as Hanlon, McGivern, Nelson and Craig are not in it then that's fine with me.

Drop 3 of the back 4 in one swoop? Who are you going to play there instead?

PISTOL1875
01-03-2014, 05:58 PM
I am pretty sure after last night , John Sutton will be looking forward to playing against Paul Hanlon next week..

Shrekko
01-03-2014, 06:05 PM
I'd find a place for Thomson and Cummings and hope Watmore is fit.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Ainsworth will be a handful.

Horribine is a CM and he scored 2 the day, I wonder if he will get a shot?

Heisenberg
01-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Watmore
Stanton
Thomson
Stevenson

Haynes
Cummings

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Williams

Boetang
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Watmore
Stanton
Thomson
Cairney

Haynes
Heffernan

Or

Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Watmore
Stevenson
Thomson
Stanton

Heffernan
Cummings

GreenCastle
01-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Anyone else think Boetang isn't ready yet ?

Ok tough time to come into a game last night but looking at his distribution and marking of players (slow reaction for goal) - I am not sure if he's the answer.

We really don't have much competition for places in our back 4.

SaulGoodman
01-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Craig and Harris out, Watmore and Thomson in, Boateng in from the start for Nelson.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Is Brad Donaldson still injured? I would put him at RB.

Speedway
01-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Maybury

Watmore
Stanton
Thomson
Harris

Heff
Haines

Picked the players who can play football with the exception of Nelson.

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Williams, Maybury, Forster, Hanlon, McGivern, Cairney, Thomson, Stanton, Haynes, Heffernan, Collins.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Don't get the KT fetish. All that will happen is that his neck will be damaged by watching the ball bounce over the stands and he'll back on the treatment table. Seriously, Butcher has decided that he doesn't fit his style of play so get rid.

dmc1875
01-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Don't get the KT fetish. All that will happen is that his neck will be damaged by watching the ball bounce over the stands and he'll back on the treatment table. Seriously, Butcher has decided that he doesn't fit his style of play so get rid.

I do think Thomson will start next weekend. I think the team will be

--------------Williams------------

Boateng Nelson Hanlon McGivern

Watmore/ Thomson Stanton Stevenson
Cairney
Handling

Haynes

Subs: Murdoch, Forster, Craig, Heffernan, Cummings, Collins, Harris

TheFamous1875
01-03-2014, 10:24 PM

I think it's glaringly obvious that we need to change the style of play - step up KT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 10:25 PM
1 up front is not the answer IMO.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 10:58 PM
I wonder if OTJ will play....

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2014, 11:05 PM
I wonder if OTJ will play....

It would be a first if he did.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 11:09 PM
It would be a first if he did.

:greengrin

inglisavhibs
02-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Williams, Maybury, Forster, Hanlon, McGivern, Cairney, Thomson, Stanton, Haynes, Heffernan, Collins.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"
Don't think that will be far away although I don't think he will change the back four (I know they were poor on Friday) a bit more experience back in the team might help as we need a few more points to make sure we are not sucked in to the play off fight. We need to get behind the team even more to see us through this season.

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Don't think that will be far away although I don't think he will change the back four (I know they were poor on Friday) a bit more experience back in the team might help as we need a few more points to make sure we are not sucked in to the play off fight. We need to get behind the team even more to see us through this season.

With that team we have experience at the back in Maybury.

Haynes is quick so he can play wide right and give old man river a helping hand.

Cairney on left with Thomo and young Sam in the middle.

Heff and Collins up top.

I may trade Collins for Cummings though, thought he was a real bright spark for us!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Does anyone think we will/can win this?

B.H.F.C
03-03-2014, 01:26 AM
I'd be making quite a few changes. Nelson, Craig, Harris definitely out. Taiwo is obviously suspended. I'd like McGivern out but I'm not sure who else we have to play there as Stevenson was poor in the few games he played at left back lately.

As I saw someone else say I'd get players in to the team that are more comfortable on the ball. Thomson in midfield with Stanton. Watmore in if fit. I'd maybe even think about playing Cairney on the other side at the expense of Stevenson just to mix it up a bit. I'd get Nelson out the team as we will never, ever be able to build anything in terms of possession when the ball is just blootered in whatever direction he's facing. And despite the fact he's most seem to think he's a decent defender we've been shipping some amount of goals at home lately. 3 against Raith, St Mirren and Utd. 4 against Celtic. Not all his fault but something needs to change and Hanlon has generally been better.

eastterrace
03-03-2014, 09:40 PM
I'd be making quite a few changes. Nelson, Craig, Harris definitely out. Taiwo is obviously suspended. I'd like McGivern out but I'm not sure who else we have to play there as Stevenson was poor in the few games he played at left back lately.

As I saw someone else say I'd get players in to the team that are more comfortable on the ball. Thomson in midfield with Stanton. Watmore in if fit. I'd maybe even think about playing Cairney on the other side at the expense of Stevenson just to mix it up a bit. I'd get Nelson out the team as we will never, ever be able to build anything in terms of possession when the ball is just blootered in whatever direction he's facing. And despite the fact he's most seem to think he's a decent defender we've been shipping some amount of goals at home lately. 3 against Raith, St Mirren and Utd. 4 against Celtic. Not all his fault but something needs to change and Hanlon has generally been better.

you drop nelson just when sutton is scoring goals big mistake .

GreenOnions
04-03-2014, 12:48 AM
you drop nelson just when sutton is scoring goals big mistake .

The first of Nelson's many mistakes this season was in the first home game against Motherwell when he lost Anier and a simple ball over the top ended up resulting in the only goal in a 0-1 defeat. I was literally shocked at how slow he was that day and couldn't believe we'd signed him. You simply cannot have someone like that in a team at SPFL level if you want to succeed. I said as much on this forum straight after that game and several times subsequently. Forster was suspended for that game but ought to have been straight back in beside Hanlon as soon as he was available.

eastterrace
04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
The first of Nelson's many mistakes this season was in the first home game against Motherwell when he lost Anier and a simple ball over the top ended up resulting in the only goal in a 0-1 defeat. I was literally shocked at how slow he was that day and couldn't believe we'd signed him. You simply cannot have someone like that in a team at SPFL level if you want to succeed. I said as much on this forum straight after that game and several times subsequently. Forster was suspended for that game but ought to have been straight back in beside Hanlon as soon as he was available.

someone like that if we want to succeed , hey we are talking about motherwell here, and when is bottom 6 ever a success. we have not been up to spfl level for years

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2014, 09:56 PM
I dont think it matters what 11 we play, we will manage to accumulate enough points to keep ourselves out of the relegation places in my opinion.

It wont be pretty, it won't be exciting but we will stumble along to the end of the season doing pretty much as we have been doing so far.

SteveHFC
04-03-2014, 09:56 PM

We won't win :cb

eastterrace
04-03-2014, 10:00 PM
I dont think it matters what 11 we play, we will manage to accumulate enough points to keep ourselves out of the relegation places in my opinion.

It wont be pretty, it won't be exciting but we will stumble along to the end of the season doing pretty much as we have been doing so far.

yes your probably spot on , get a draw with motherwell and draw with st.johnstone to still keep top six alive but the hearts game will kill it off then we will stumble along the last few games . sounds pretty crap eh . still i will renew as believe in TB

erin go bragh
04-03-2014, 10:50 PM

Wasnt confident of beating Utd . And im not confident we will beat Well ! But i hope my pessimism is unfounded .

Ggtth

andrew70
04-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Williams
Forster Nelson Hanlon McGivern
Horribine Thomson
Watmore Handling Craig
Haynes

Gustavo Fring
04-03-2014, 11:03 PM
williams

boateng
forster
hanlon
mcgivern

watmore(if fit)/craig
stanton
thomson
cairney

haynes

cummings

4-4-1-1

007 Mickey Weir
04-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Williams
Forster Forster Forster Forster
Stanton Stanton Stanton Stanton
Haynes Haynes

Maybe bring Stanton and Haynes in if we need to change things up in second half.

GreenOnions
04-03-2014, 11:34 PM
someone like that if we want to succeed , hey we are talking about motherwell here, and when is bottom 6 ever a success. we have not been up to spfl level for years

I don't really know what you mean. Did I say in my post that bottom 6 was a success? If you read it again you may find that I implied exactly the opposite.

I want players at Hibs who are going to improve us and get us regular league finishes in the top three/four. I don't think Nelson is the type of player to help us get there - honest pro though he is.

You seem to be implying that, because we are in the bottom six, we should be signing the likes of Nelson because he's at that level too. Are you?

PatHead
08-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Can't see there is a matchday thread so I take it this is it?

Any updates or rumours as to the team in this wind?