PDA

View Full Version : Calm yourselves down.

Thecat23
28-02-2014, 09:49 PM
This season was a write off plain and simple. 9 players at least out this summer and a full rebuild of players who want to play for Hibs and Butcher.

Not ones signed by a former manager and want to give a half arsed performance because they know they are going. I'll be there next season with a lot more hope than I have this that's for sure.

We've lost and that's ****. Life goes on. Hibs.Net main board after a defeat is hillarious. Folk going on like it's the end of the world.

cleanyman
28-02-2014, 09:50 PM
7 years of this.

SEVEN.

hibs4thecup1988
28-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Bit of a joke performance on the day of renewals coming out...

You would think they would have put a bit of effort in eh...

matty_f
28-02-2014, 09:52 PM

:agree:

3pm
28-02-2014, 09:52 PM
It's hard to ask anyone to calm down on the back of that.

Weststandwanab
28-02-2014, 09:53 PM
I would not have released the season ticket information until we were playing a game we have a chance of winning.

The Voice Of Reason
28-02-2014, 09:53 PM

Agreed.

hibee_girl
28-02-2014, 09:54 PM

:agree:

The Voice Of Reason
28-02-2014, 09:54 PM
I would not have released the season ticket information until we were playing a game we have a chance of winning.

Errrrrrmmmmm - and when do you think that will be ?!?!?!

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2014, 09:55 PM

They need to get it out before next season mate.

Thecat23
28-02-2014, 09:55 PM
It's horrific and as someone said 7 years. But how long has this manager had again?? I don't blame folk no coming back but it will. **** all else to do and if TB signs the players he wants I'll be happy.

truehibernian
28-02-2014, 09:57 PM
This season was a write off plain and simple. 9 players at least out this summer and a full rebuild of players who want to play for Hibs and Butcher.

Not ones signed by a former manager and want to give a half arsed performance because they know they are going. I'll be there next season with a lot more hope than I have this that's for sure.

We've lost and that's ****. Life goes on. Hibs.Net main board after a defeat is hillarious. Folk going on like it's the end of the world.

That's the worst I've seen us play in years TC - players out of contract or knowing they are on the move still have to earn moves or end up on the Bosman scrapheap. I thought playing one up top, especially after today's website war cry and plea for support, was baffling. Heffernan, a proven scorer down south and up here, not given a sniff ? Jason scoring again in the 20's and called up to the national squad - he'd be raring to go. Young Andy Black utterly consistent and good at right back for James McD ?

I say play to our strengths but also play players you know you'll get a turn out of - Jordon wants to be at centre half so why not promote wee Andy. Drop Nelson who for me can't pass wind. Craig shouldn't have been anywhere near the team tonight too - Thommo is more composed, has more dig and wants to play.

All in all, injuries aside, can't fathom recent team selections TC - very strange

Thecat23
28-02-2014, 10:01 PM
**** it, let's go radge.... BUTCHER **** OFF, PETRIE **** OFF. EAST MAINS **** OFF, BOOING HIBS FANS **** OFF, LETS BOYCOT never attended until we win the Scottish or league.

That better aye :D

Heisenberg
28-02-2014, 10:04 PM

Nope that's too sensible. Butcher out, Fenlon back in.

Alfred E Newman
28-02-2014, 10:06 PM

Yet another transitional period looms. If Butcher could improve this squad with the addition of 2 or 3 good signings I would feel some optimism for next season but the thought of another summer of wholesale changes fills me with despair.

Thecat23
28-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Nope that's too sensible. Butcher out, Fenlon back in.

Yeah why not eh ;D

jeffers
28-02-2014, 10:08 PM
**** it, let's go radge.... BUTCHER **** OFF, PETRIE **** OFF. EAST MAINS **** OFF, BOOING HIBS FANS **** OFF, LETS BOYCOT never attended until we win the Scottish or league.

That better aye :D
Now you've got it. :wink:

truehibernian
28-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Yet another transitional period looms. If Butcher could improve this squad with the addition of 2 or 3 good signings I would feel some optimism for next season but the thought of another summer of wholesale changes fills me with despair.

It fills me with optimism - for too long Hibs fans have been saddled with mediocrity. For too long they have been outbid for targets. For too long Petrie has survived terrible decision making and fans have paid for these mistakes (or Sir Tom).

Get someone at the helm with the same drive and energy as Terry - does anyone not see the correlation between having a real 'go getter' chairman/chief exec like 'Well and United, really positive managers, and the fact they are playing consistently good football too ?

Our football brand is like our owners - bland and uninspiring.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 10:19 PM
It must be so easy for opposition teams to come here, as soon as we go a goal down a lot of fans turn on Hibs and start boo'ing like ****. Boo'ing doesn't achieve anything and it wont make us play any better.

Ronniekirk
28-02-2014, 10:26 PM

You can ask but I won't,and I wasn't even there .At least I could stop watching the horror show on bt sport . Usually takes me days to calm down after a performance like that .Its just happening too often and for too many years and that can't be Camoufladged .

Alfred E Newman
28-02-2014, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=BOB MARLEYS DUG;3919420]It must be so easy for opposition teams to come here, as soon as we go a goal down the fans turn on Hibs and start boo'ing like ****. Boo'ing doesn't achieve anything and it wont make us play any better.[/

The fans to blame once again. Get rid of them, that's the answer. Worst fans in the world without a shadow of a doubt.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=BOB MARLEYS DUG;3919420]It must be so easy for opposition teams to come here, as soon as we go a goal down a lot of the fans turn on Hibs and start boo'ing like ****. Boo'ing doesn't achieve anything and it wont make us play any better.[/

The fans to blame once again. Get rid of them, that's the answer. Worst fans in the world without a shadow of a doubt.

Jesus....:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
28-02-2014, 10:30 PM
7 years of this.

SEVEN.

:agree: We're in the middle of a transitional period though, you know!

Most clubs have a transitional period lasting a few months. Ours has lasted for 7 years!

Ronniekirk
28-02-2014, 10:32 PM
It must be so easy for opposition teams to come here, as soon as we go a goal down the fans turn on Hibs and start boo'ing like ****. Boo'ing doesn't achieve anything and it wont make us play any better.
But nothing is making us play better so at least booing expresses how frustrated you are and expresses displeasure in way team is playing .Are you expecting to pay good money and watch that dross and not register in some way it's complete ineptness . :rolleyes::confused:

john18722
28-02-2014, 10:32 PM
I genuinely just don't care anymore.

Jones28
28-02-2014, 10:33 PM
It must be so easy for opposition teams to come here, as soon as we go a goal down a lot of fans turn on Hibs and start boo'ing like ****. Boo'ing doesn't achieve anything and it wont make us play any better.

Supporters boo because they've had enough of the total ****ing incompetence being served up in front of them.

I am by no means a boo boy, but after tonight's performance I was really pissed off.

I didn't after the goals btw, I just think that for those that did it was justified.

7 years of pish continues.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 10:34 PM
But nothing is making us play better so at least booing expresses how frustrated you are and expresses displeasure in way team is playing .Are you expecting to pay good money and watch that dross and not register in some way it's complete ineptness . :rolleyes::confused:

I just don't think booing is the answer.

DaveF
28-02-2014, 10:35 PM

Go on then, how many is a lot?

I heard no booing after their opener at all. In fact, it was encouragement coming from the stands. So where are all the boo boys around you?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Go on then, how many is a lot?

I heard no booing after their opener at all. In fact, it was encouragement coming from the stands. So where are all the boo boys around you?

After the second goal, sorry.

truehibernian
28-02-2014, 10:39 PM
:agree: We're in the middle of a transitional period though, you know!

Most clubs have a transitional period lasting a few months. Ours has lasted for 7 years!

Get Leeann Dempster in from 'Well - we need a Chief Executive whose ethos is the same as our manager and shares the same drive and enthusiasm for the game.

Phil D. Rolls
28-02-2014, 10:40 PM
It fills me with optimism - for too long Hibs fans have been saddled with mediocrity. For too long they have been outbid for targets. For too long Petrie has survived terrible decision making and fans have paid for these mistakes (or Sir Tom).

Get someone at the helm with the same drive and energy as Terry - does anyone not see the correlation between having a real 'go getter' chairman/chief exec like 'Well and United, really positive managers, and the fact they are playing consistently good football too ?

Our football brand is like our owners - bland and uninspiring.

And formulaic, and predictable.

DaveF
28-02-2014, 10:41 PM
After the second goal, sorry.

Ok, so its now the 2nd goal. Tell me what you were expecting after seeing our team being completely outplayed for 55mins? Its frustration, nothing more. Dont be so sensitive.

Thecat23
28-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Guys I'll be honest, I wasn't there tonight. I never seen the game in full either. I'm a season ticket holder though and try get to most games. It's horrible and I've posted so much ***** after a defeat so I do know where your coming from.

I'm at a charity night for Cystic fibrosis and breast cancer. It's been emotional in here and maybe that's why I'm taking a more back seat to others.

All I'm saying is, remember watching Hibs is a privilege no matter how bad we are. Many are long gone who I would love to sit with and watch with one more time. No matter how bad how horrible but to sit next to them one last time.

Things will get better. Peace out Hibs net X

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Ok, so its now the 2nd goal. Tell me what you were expecting after seeing our team being completely outplayed for 55mins? Its frustration, nothing more. Dont be so sensitive.

Not being sensitive. Just saying what I think.

Bronson
We know things are bad and have been for a while, but the same bed wetters come out with the same pish every time we get beat.

That was a shocker today, no doubt, but they are a good team with great flair and creativity and we, well... aren't.

jeffers
Guys I'll be honest, I wasn't there tonight. I never seen the game in full either. I'm a season ticket holder though and try get to most games. It's horrible and I've posted so much ***** after a defeat so I do know where your coming from.

I'm at a charity night for Cystic fibrosis and Alain breast cancer. It's been emotional in here and maybe that's why I'm taking a more back seat to others.

All I'm saying is, remember watching Hibs is a privilege no matter how bad we are. Many are long gone who I would love to sit with and watch is one more time. No matter how bad how horrible but to sit next to them one last time.

:top marks

3pm

I'm at a charity night for Cystic fibrosis and Alain breast cancer. It's been emotional in here and maybe that's why I'm taking a more back seat to others.

All I'm saying is, remember watching Hibs is a privilege no matter how bad we are. Many are long gone who I would love to sit with and watch is one more time. No matter how bad how horrible but to sit next to them one last time.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 10:47 PM

I'm at a charity night for Cystic fibrosis and breast cancer. It's been emotional in here and maybe that's why I'm taking a more back seat to others.

Jones28
28-02-2014, 10:49 PM

All I'm saying is, remember watching Hibs is a privilege no matter how bad we are. Many are long gone who I would love to sit with and watch with one more time. No matter how bad how horrible but to sit next to them one last time.

:aok:

chrisski33
28-02-2014, 10:53 PM
I think some folk expected butcher to turn it around straight away, and some expect it to take time. We wont know really good butcher will be til afyer the summer but its gonna take time

Thecat23
28-02-2014, 10:54 PM
I think some folk expected butcher to turn it around straight away, and some expect it to take time. We wont know really good butcher will be til afyer the summer but its gonna take time

Spot on mate, we have all suffered. Let's hope summer brings in good players.

Ryan91
28-02-2014, 10:58 PM

We played well initially under Butcher, but I begin to wonder how much of that was a case of our players actually bothering to try simply to impress the new manager.

scott-s
28-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Live down south now but was a regular at ER through early 70's (tornadoes) 80's and early 90's, seen us win 3 league cups, 2 dryborough cups (the older guys will know) and seen us lose a few Scottish cup finals. Only get to watch online and BT now and aye we're pish but believe me some of the dross i had the pleasure of watching in the 80's was aweful!! Watched TB interview on BT after the game and he didn't hold back admitted we were gash and it could have been a lot more than 1-3 (men against boys was his words). Said that there was a lot of work to be done and asked the fans to patient. He didn't appear very happy and it seems that he knows that the fans are really suffering.

We all hurt when the Hibs lose but .net seems to go into meltdown and some of the comments are cringeworthy, give Butcher a chance we're HFC not MUFC. I was at all the HOH rallies in our dark Mercer takeover days and the fans really came together and fought what seemed like a hopeless fight, i know its easy for me to say stay with it we are HFC but we as fans have over the years fought for our great club and we need to be strong once again.

This is my first post on .net and i'm a bit pished so be gentle!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Live down south now but was a regular at ER through early 70's (tornadoes) 80's and early 90's, seen us win 3 league cups, 2 dryborough cups (the older guys will know) and seen us lose a few Scottish cup finals. Only get to watch online and BT now and aye we're pish but believe me some of the dross i had the pleasure of watching in the 80's was aweful!! Watched TB interview on BT after the game and he didn't hold back admitted we were gash and it could have been a lot more than 1-3 (men against boys was his words). Said that there was a lot of work to be done and asked the fans to patient. He didn't appear very happy and it seems that he knows that the fans are really suffering.

We all hurt when the Hibs lose but .net seems to go into meltdown and some of the comments are cringeworthy, give Butcher a chance we're HFC not MUFC. I was at all the HOH rallies in our dark Mercer takeover days and the fans really came together and fought what seemed like a hopeless fight, i know its easy for me to say stay with it we are HFC but we as fans have over the years fought for our great club and we need to be strong once again.

This is my first post on .net and i'm a bit pished so be gentle!!

portyhibernian
28-02-2014, 11:06 PM
We are woeful no two ways about. I appreciate TB can only piss with the cock he's got though. That said, I've been an ST holder for almost 15 years and bar maybe 3 seasons between Mowbray and Collins we've been pretty terrible. Undecided about renewing for next season but strongly leaning towards not bothering and I suspect there's many more in the same boat. Only thing worse than angry fans are apathetic fans and I sense that creeping in a little bit. The clubs ambitions do not match the fans ambitions and haven't for a long time IMO.

Nailrod
28-02-2014, 11:21 PM
It must be so easy for opposition teams to come here, as soon as we go a goal down a lot of fans turn on Hibs and start boo'ing like ****. Boo'ing doesn't achieve anything and it wont make us play any better.Do you see the flaw in your logic yet?

#FromTheCapital
28-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Agree completely with the op. Dramaqueen.net needs to calm itself down. Yes we were murder but this season was over a long time ago.

Thecat23
28-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Group hug?.......... Anyone?.......... :D

Go on you know you all want too!

Dashing Bob S
28-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Agree completely with the op. Dramaqueen.net needs to calm itself down. Yes we were murder but this season was over a long time ago.

I agree we need to calm down and that the season to some extent ended with the home defeat from Raith. However, we still have to play out the remainder of our fixtures and if the club want the revenue to carry on operations at any decent level then I'm afraid they are going to have to do better than that on the field.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2014, 11:41 PM

Effort can only take you so far, Fenlons flops are a very poor bunch of players, and any combination Butcher wishes to play will struggle over the course of a season.

Thats because they are pish, a pish team with pish players.

Roll on next season and another rebuild. :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
28-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Effort can only take you so far, Fenlons flops are a very poor bunch of players, and any combination Butcher wishes to play will struggle over the course of a season.

Thats because they are pish, a pish team with pish players.

Roll on next season and another rebuild. :rolleyes:

Not only are they pish, most are manifestly incapable of playing Butchers preferred style at any level that will threaten a decent footballing side like Dundee United. Yes, we had a stinker, but those players aren't good enough and a comprehensive rebuild next season is (thankfully) on the cards.

#FromTheCapital
28-02-2014, 11:53 PM
I agree we need to calm down and that the season to some extent ended with the home defeat from Raith. However, we still have to play out the remainder of our fixtures and if the club want the revenue to carry on operations at any decent level then I'm afraid they are going to have to do better than that on the field.

Of course DBS, I accept that performances must improve, and they will, but a bit of perspective is required from many on here.

marinello59
01-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Not only are they pish, most are manifestly incapable of playing Butchers preferred style at any level that will threaten a decent footballing side like Dundee United. Yes, we had a stinker, but those players aren't good enough and a comprehensive rebuild next season is (thankfully) on the cards.

In a nutshell.

Hibby 2005
01-03-2014, 12:37 AM

It's not the end of the world, just another ***** season.

SouthamptonHibs
01-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Hibs have been in transition all my life. As soon as we get a good team we can't wait to flog them! We are Hibs = mediocre pish loved by loads.
No chance ever to win a league, cup wins are 20 years apart, unlikely ever to get into the group stages of Uefa cup. Not much to dream about! Mid table SPL team with the odd chance off finishing 3rd is as good as it will get.
Unfortunately we are rebuilding again and are miles of a 6th place finish in a pish league.
But the good news! Hearts are going dooooooon!

marinello59
01-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Hibs have been in transition all my life. As soon as we get a good team we can't wait to flog them! We are Hibs = mediocre pish loved by loads.
No chance ever to win a league, cup wins are 20 years apart, unlikely ever to get into the group stages of Uefa cup. Not much to dream about! Mid table SPL team with the odd chance off finishing 3rd is as good as it will get.
Unfortunately we are rebuilding again and are miles of a 6th place finish in a pish league.
But the good news! Hearts are going dooooooon!

At least you finished on a high. :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
01-03-2014, 02:39 AM
If there is one thing more depressing than absolutely awful displays such as last night it is coming on here and reading the apologists making excuses; 'transition' 'progress', 'still an outside chance of top 6' (like that is an achievement!) etc. Utter crap, the club is a shambles, yet so bad have things got that people are willing to accept less than mediocrity.

sven nil
01-03-2014, 05:21 AM
I'm calm mate cause I know when the transfer window open we will empty nine early , then last day or two we will sign low quality player from a low quality league. and we buy into this every year.

Now next season ,hibs wont get a bolt from me until they buy not loan at least two players that excite me,then i will renew the four season books that i pay for .

weonlywon6-2
01-03-2014, 05:58 AM
most of the players we have just aint good enough.

we need stability in the management but once again we are stuck in this rut.

butcher has a big task ahead of him but imo he will get it right.

can we just finish the season now please ????

Onion
01-03-2014, 06:17 AM

Like Raith Rovers at home ?

This Hibs team, like most Hibs teams over the last 7 years, cannot be trusted. Simple as that.

Onion
01-03-2014, 06:24 AM

Like Raith Rovers at home ?

This Hibs team, like most Hibs teams over the last 7 years, cannot be trusted. Simple as that.

Aldo
01-03-2014, 06:28 AM

Indeed. With every game Butcher will know whose staying and whose going. Don't think there will be many staying.

LancsHibs
01-03-2014, 06:45 AM
Indeed. With every game Butcher will know whose staying and whose going. Don't think there will be many staying.

I would keep Forster, Harris & Stanton because they are young, have shown promise and are in contract. The rest of that team that played last night to a man can go, in fact I hope they do. Total clear out required in the summer.

Aldo
01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
I would keep Forster, Harris & Stanton because they are young, have shown promise and are in contract. The rest of that team that played last night to a man can go, in fact I hope they do. Total clear out required in the summer.

Those 3 yes but Forster is not a RB.

Another thing I would do is take the Captains armband away from Craig.

A captain is supposed to lead by example etc. Craig was utterly woeful last nite and has been for weeks.

Ronniekirk
01-03-2014, 06:55 AM
You talking about Fans :rolleyes: Jeez that was a sore one to take Aldo To carry on the Army analogy T B should take this lot to Boot Camp ,too many were posted missing in action last night .Persevere right enough althogh that performance makes even doing that a lot harder .:confused:

Ronniekirk
01-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Those 3 yes but Forster is not a RB.

Another thing I would do is take the Captains armband away from Craig.

A captain is supposed to lead by example etc. Craig was utterly woeful last nite and has been for weeks.
Agree but why did Butcher put him back in team ,only to have to admit he had made a mistake and humiliate him by hooking him , didn't see bench was K T on it as he couldn't be worse than Craig.

Aldo
01-03-2014, 07:03 AM
You talking about Fans :rolleyes: Jeez that was a sore one to take Aldo To carry on the Army analogy T B should take this lot to Boot Camp ,too many were posted missing in action last night .Persevere right enough althogh that performance makes even doing that a lot harder .:confused:

I have watched some very poor Hibs teams in my time but at least they tried last nite a lot of them looked uninterested etc.

Agree but why did Butcher put him back in team ,only to have to admit he had made a mistake and humiliate him by hooking him , didn't see bench was K T on it as he couldn't be worse than Craig.

Craig should of been on the bench and if KT cannot get a game next week then that's that. He has been injured and hasn't been match fit but surely he should be in with a chance with TT suspended.

marinello59
01-03-2014, 07:19 AM
I have watched some very poor Hibs teams in my time but at least they tried last nite a lot of them looked uninterested etc.

I don't think you can fault the players for the physical effort they put in. They didn't look uninterested although at the end many of them looked lost as a very good United team demonstrated what we should be aspiring to.
The bottom line is far too many players getting a start for Hibs just now are just not good enough to take us forward. Depressing isn't it?

Woody70x2
01-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Get a big effing harp nailed onto the main stand FFS!

Aldo
01-03-2014, 07:32 AM
I don't think you can fault the players for the physical effort they put in. They didn't look uninterested although at the end many of them looked lost as a very good United team demonstrated what we should be aspiring to. The bottom line is far too many players getting a start for Hibs just now are just not good enough to take us forward. Depressing isn't it?

M59. Very depressing indeed. Too many just going through the motions and few

Very good Utd team that will only get better. To a man all over the park they were better in every department.

No easy or quick solutions tbh.

Allan45
01-03-2014, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=BOB MARLEYS DUG;3919420]It must be so easy for opposition teams to come here, as soon as we go a goal down the fans turn on Hibs and start boo'ing like ****. Boo'ing doesn't achieve anything and it wont make us play any better.[/

I agree with that one. Was there looking at a load of boo boys at the west upper last night, i hate the booing. Yes the team played poor, only because we have around 4-5 poor players. FFS someone slagging off Boatang? I totally believe we will get better, but not as quickly as other people think, that can not happen, fact. You can not turn donkeys into race horses? :cb

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 12:27 PM
M59. Very depressing indeed. Too many just going through the motions and few

Very good Utd team that will only get better. To a man all over the park they were better in every department.

No easy or quick solutions tbh.

They were better all over the park, without actually playing that good. If they were anywhere near their best, they would have completely demolished us.