PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Humo
28-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Just got back from another dire performance and its going to be tough to decide who played worse so 5 or greater is a pass

Williams -7- Good penalty save but didn't seem to command his box well or communicate with the back 4

McGivern -6- Played well and seems to be getting back to his old form however his attacking play isn't up to par
Hanlon -7- I thought he played well. He dived in front of the ball and took a nasty knock and all the guy behind me said was "good I hope he's injured" ffs
Nelson -3- All he knows how to do is hoof the ball a lot of people say "aye but hes a no nonsense defender" what's the point in just giving the opposition the ball again so they can just have another attack
Forster -5- Good goal but thats about it. Gets no support from Harris though.

Stevenson -4- Works hard but wasn't good enough today. We had 4 shots in total and he didn't take one even when he was in a great position to do so.
Stanton -7- Showed up the midfield. If a youngster playing about his 5th first team game is better than you, you need to move on.
Craig -3- Should of been hooked sooner. Not a captain and recently not been a player. And for all you who say "why drop our top goalscorer." No one is irreplaceable, if they don't play well they shouldn't play.
Taoi -5- Got stuck in and was stupidly subbed off and let the team down, but the ref did have it in for us. He knew it was a foul from his reaction and from the way he kicked the tunnel you knew he was annoyed with himself.

Haynes -6- Holds the ball up quite well, when he gets it. Better than Collins but thats not hard.

Subs

Handling -5- didn't really have much of an impact but played alright
Boateng -5- Slow as treacle but is a no nonsense defender who can pass a ball to another player in a hibs jersey
Collins -2- Should of just kept Haynes on or put cummings on instead.

Officials

Away end linesman.was alright didn't notice him do anything wrong
Famous 5 linesman. That wasn't incompetence that was just plain byas
Ref see Famous 5 linesman

Pretty Boy
28-02-2014, 10:21 PM
2s all around apart from Williams who gets 6 and Craig who gets -10. Taiwo might have got 4 or 5 but for the stupid red.

hibee_girl
28-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Williams 6 - saved the penalty, had another good save but he seemed to hesitate a lot about coming off his line tonight

Forster 5 - too easily beaten
Nelson 5 - all over the place
Hanlon 4 - worst game he's played for us
McGivern 6 - best out of the back 4 but he needs to stop leathering the ball whenever he gets it, it leads to nothing!

Harris 3 - wouldn't have noticed if he wasn't there
Craig 2 - awful, god knows why he was back
Taiwo 7 - best player for us, should never have been booked.
Stanton 5 - quiet game from him
Stevenson 5 - poor game from him, he looked a bit cautious tonight. Still burst his gut though, going for balls that none of his team mates bothered their backsides about.

Haynes 6 - looks quick and strong but he needs help, no point playing him up front on his own.

Ronniekirk
28-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Just got back from another dire performance and its going to be tough to decide who played worse so 5 or greater is a pass

Williams -7- Good penalty save but didn't seem to command his box well or communicate with the back 4

McGivern -6- Played well and seems to be getting back to his old form however his attacking play isn't up to par
Hanlon -7- I thought he played well. He dived in front of the ball and took a nasty knock and all the guy behind me said was "good I hope he's injured" ffs
Nelson -3- All he knows how to do is hoof the ball a lot of people say "aye but hes a no nonsense defender" what's the point in just giving the opposition the ball again so they can just have another attack

Stevenson -4- Works hard but wasn't good enough today. We had 4 shots in total and he didn't take one even when he was in a great position to do so.
Stanton -7- Showed up the midfield. If a youngster playing about his 5th first team game is better than you, you need to move on.
Craig -3- Should of been hooked sooner. Not a captain and recently not been a player. And for all you who say "why drop our top goalscorer." No one is irreplaceable, if they don't play well they shouldn't play.
Taoi -5- Got stuck in and was stupidly subbed off and let the team down, but the ref did have it in for us. He knew it was a foul from his reaction and from the way he kicked the tunnel you knew he was annoyed with himself.

Haynes -6- Holds the ball up quite well, when he gets it. Better than Collins but thats not hard.

Subs

Boateng -5- Slow as treacle but is a no nonsense defender who can pass a ball to another player in a hibs jersey

Officials

Not even wort marking it was rank rotten performance .clueless ,uninspiring and gutless at times .We were carved apart

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Everyone 0 apart from Williams

SaulGoodman
28-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Zilch

The Voice Of Reason
28-02-2014, 10:29 PM

Subs

Officials

:faf:

Your Paul Hanlon rating and comment is the most ridiculous thing I think I've ever read on here (and that is saying something) !

My goodness, I'm flabbergasted!

McKenzie
28-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Williams - 4. Easy pen save and hoofs the ball every time to nobody in particular. Part of the problem.

McGivern - 5 Best defender we had, played alright versus Mackay Steven. Poor pass which led to their first goal.
Hanlon - 4 Average all night, bullied by Ciftci on numerous occasions.
Nelson - 2 How he even still plays is beyond me, can't do the basics of football. Major part of why we are 7th
Forster - 4 Scored, that's about it.

Harris - 3 Needs a run in the 20s to get his confidence back. Trying to hard to protect himself.
Craig - 1 Get him out of the club. Definitely not good enough if we want to challenge Aberdeen.
Taiwo - 4 Would have been higher but for the red. Broke up a lot of play and worked to cover all of the centre midfield.
Stevenson - 3 Gave the ball away far too easily on numerous occasions.

Stanton - 4 Didn't get the ball as much as normal so couldn't influence the game.

Haynes - 4 Feel for him having the ball punted at him for 90 mins and having to feed off scraps. Worked hard enough.

Butcher - 1 Awful "tactics" if you can call them tactics. Won't have many renewals watching that week in week out.

Hiber-nation
28-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Williams 7 - great save in 1st half
Forster 5 - no help from Harris but still should do better
Nelson 2 - should never be playing at this level
Hanlon 4 - injured but worst game for ages
McGivern 4 - a few interceptions but mostly poor
Harris 1 - oh dear
Taiwo 5 - played ok till daft 2nd yellow
Stanton 4 - hardly seen, good free kick
Craig 1 - unbelievably bad
Stevenson 5 - put in usual shift but nowt else
Haynes 5 - no support
Handling - at least ran with the ball but took wrong option

Where do we go from here?

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-02-2014, 10:35 PM

Subs

Officials

Hanlon 7.....:confused: he was absolute mince mate, what game were you watching?

hibs4thecup1988
28-02-2014, 10:36 PM

Your Paul Hanlon rating and comment is the most ridiculous thing I think I've ever read on here (and that is saying something) !

My reaction as well. Hanlon had literally his worst game for the team ever tonight.

I really cannot think of anyone that got pass marks to be honest. And that's a first.

Billychaotic182
28-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Hanlon a 7? Can I have what your drinking

LaMotta
28-02-2014, 10:40 PM

Subs

Officials

McGivern at Fault For the first goal as was Hanlon. Hanlon has been good this season, but def didnt play well tonight.

Don't think Boateng looked slow either :confused:

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2014, 10:44 PM
None of them deserve a mark over 3, as for Williams in goal i'd sack that clown now. The kids like Forster and Stanton i'd keep but the rest i'd make play in the east of scotland league until someone was stupid enough to want them, or their contracts ran out.

Not one of these so called players are worth keeping, i remember folk saying Calderwood and Fenlon had a terrible job because Hughes had left them with dross.

Well this shower are as bad as anything i witnessed under Hughes, and Europe is a lllooooonnng way off at this moment in time, and another huge rebuilding job is needed.

Make sure you buy a season ticket though, it is getting better soon. :yawn:

Long Time Hibee
28-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Don't think anybody got pass marks tonight. What worries me most is that we don't pass the ball more than 2/3 times. When it goes back it gets pumped up field which is meat & drink for most defenders. Haynes struggled because everything that went to him was in the air!!!!!!! Forster is a centre half playing right back (get him in the middle) Nelson is past it, Hanlon was weak, Harris looks frightened, Craig did nothing, Lewis huffs & puffs but was poor, Taiwo looked decent but silly 2nd booking. Not good. Need to bite the bullet and get Thomson back in, play 2 up front and play the ball to feet!

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 10:47 PM
McGivern at Fault For the first goal as was Hanlon. Hanlon has been good this season, but def didnt play well tonight.

Don't think Boateng looked slow either :confused:

I did. At one point he looked like he was running backwards :greengrin

Not sure about all the praise for Ben. Second goal was a ball into the six yard box which he should have claimed but stayed on his line instead

Mark79
28-02-2014, 10:48 PM

Subs

Officials

no wonder we got beat. Only played 10 men....

Harris would have been a 3. Nothing like the old direct quick lad he was. Under 20s till end of season and start again next season imho.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2014, 10:49 PM

Not sure about all the praise for Ben. Second goal was a ball into the six yard box which he should have claimed but stayed on his line instead

:agree:
Another howler to add to the total, he's a poor keeper in a poor team.

IFONLY
28-02-2014, 10:50 PM

Subs

Officials

See you didnt mention Harris wonder why!!!!! Good penalty save where when

The Voice Of Reason
28-02-2014, 10:51 PM
None of them deserve a mark over 3, as for Williams in goal i'd sack that clown now. The kids like Forster and Stanton i'd keep but the rest i'd make play in the east of scotland league until someone was stupid enough to want them, or their contracts ran out.

Not one of these so called players are worth keeping, i remember folk saying Calderwood and Fenlon had a terrible job because Hughes had left them with dross.

Well this shower are as bad as anything i witnessed under Hughes, and Europe is a lllooooonnng way off at this moment in time, and another huge rebuilding job is needed.

Apart from your Williams comment, I agree.

Bunch of overpaid goons..............losers.

LaMotta
28-02-2014, 10:55 PM

Will need to have a proper look at him, but i've been known to be wrong before, the last time was in 1987 :greengrin

Humo
28-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Forgot about Harris well because i didnt notice he was playing thats how good he was.

Probably way too generous with Hanlon by the sounds of things

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Will need to have a proper look at him, but i've been known to be wrong before, the last time was in 1987 :greengrin

Twenty years after the year I was last found to be wrong :greengrin

LaMotta
28-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Twenty years after the year I was last found to be wrong :greengrin

:hilarious

One of us will have to be wrong this time though :greengrin

wookie70
28-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Williams 7 - Saved pen and great save in first half

McGivern -5- Best of the back 4. Great tackle in first half but didn't link well with Lewis tonight and gave the ball away far too often
Hanlon -3- Very poor. Bullied and lost his man on a good few occasions one of which led to a goal.
Nelson -4- Awful distribution again and he and Forster look all at sea when we get attacked down our right
Forster -5- Poor. Gave ball away a lot but not helped by Harris.Extra mark for goal

Stevenson -4- Looked like he cared but was poor tonight. Gave ball away too much and lost his man a few times in dangerous situations
Stanton -5- Looked OK on the rare occasions when the ball wasn't flying 30 foot over him
Craig -1- No idea why he is playing and it looks like he has no idea what he is doing. If TB insists on playing him swap him and Lewis as Craig looked better on the left.
Taiwo -6- Started really well and was our best player all night. Comfortable in tight situations and has the ability to kick the ball along the ground. Silly sending off but ref was as much to blame
Harris - 1 Should never be playing as he looks like he is short of a yard and worried about getting injured again. I feel for the lad and don't blame him

Haynes -4- Never really at the races and Utd doubled up on him as he was so isolated

Subs

Handling - No idea why he was dropped for Craig and did reasonably well in the time he was on.
Boateng -Decent from the big guy. Looked pretty strong
Collins - Not much time

Ref - eye test required and possibly the most pedantic performance I have seen. As if the fitba isn't bad enough we have to endure 90 mins of him booking anything that moves and worrying about the ball being a yard out of position at a free kick. I get the feeling he goes out to ruin every game he officiates

TB -1 - Poor team selection and the energy we had when he joined has gone. I thought we were as bad tonight as almost any game under Fenlon. Craig and Harris shouldn't be starting and he needs to have a think about Cairney as we were playing reasonably well when he was starting. We were second to every ball tonight and looked a man short before Taiwo got sent off. After he hairdryers the team he has to look in the mirror as I think he made some poor choices tonight.

I watched the Hibs warm up tonight and the shooting from practically every player was pathetic. They really needed the net behind the goals or a few bairns would have been scattered. No pressure situation and technical ability completely absent. We look like a team that is completely devoid of basic footballing ability. Confidence has a part to play but Butcher and Malpas needs to get these players working on trapping a ball and playing a 10 yard pass as most of them don't look capable.

Crowd - I am beginning to think we need to get on the players backs more. They were pathetic tonight and got a really easy time of it in my opinion. The crowd in the FF lower has lost the power to care. I think we are almost at the point of total indifference and that is being transferred onto the park. I am starting to get to the point where I really couldn't care less if we win because we don't deserve anything with the style of play we have adopted. I like thousands more will renew but they really don't deserve us!

R'Albin
28-02-2014, 11:22 PM
I think that's as good a pen save as Williams has made yet. Picking a side and saving a pen at a nice height is a lot easier than reacting and catching a pen(no matter how **** it was) like he did tonight.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Williams - 5 Did nothing particularly right or wrong all night, hence the average mark.

Forster - 4 Not a right back but scored so he gets brownie points for that.
Hanlon - 3 Very poor.
Nelson - 4 Out muscled several times.
McGivern - 3 He offers next to nothing going forward and his distribution is awful.

Taiwo - 6 Looked to be our best player tonight. Silly second booking but his first booking was a disgrace.
Craig - 3 Awful. Should be dropped for a few weeks.
Stevenson - 4 Poor tonight.
Stanton - 5 Looked decent in the first half, faded a little after the break but wasn't helped by his team mates.
Harris - 3 Anonymous.

Haynes - 5 Totally isolated up front for the majority of the game but looks like he has something about him.

Collins - 2 Not much time.
Handling - 3 Not really involved.
Boateng - 2 See Handling.

Jones28
28-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Willliams 7 - Penalty save plus several other good stops.

Forster ****
Nelson ****
Hanlon ****
Mcgivern ****

Harris ****
Craig **** **** ****
Taiwo **** and another **** for getting sent off
Stanton dissapointing
Stevenson ****

Haynes had no service

Handling looked like he wanted to try and take folk on which was refreshing in a game full of shirked tackles and pussying out.
Collins had no time

LaMotta
28-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Williams 7 - Saved pen and great save in first half

McGivern -5- Best of the back 4. Great tackle in first half but didn't link well with Lewis tonight and gave the ball away far too often
Hanlon -3- Very poor. Bullied and lost his man on a good few occasions one of which led to a goal.
Nelson -4- Awful distribution again and he and Forster look all at sea when we get attacked down our right
Forster -5- Poor. Gave ball away a lot but not helped by Harris.Extra mark for goal

Stevenson -4- Looked like he cared but was poor tonight. Gave ball away too much and lost his man a few times in dangerous situations
Stanton -5- Looked OK on the rare occasions when the ball wasn't flying 30 foot over him
Craig -1- No idea why he is playing and it looks like he has no idea what he is doing. If TB insists on playing him swap him and Lewis as Craig looked better on the left.
Taiwo -6- Started really well and was our best player all night. Comfortable in tight situations and has the ability to kick the ball along the ground. Silly sending off but ref was as much to blame
Harris - 1 Should never be playing as he looks like he is short of a yard and worried about getting injured again. I feel for the lad and don't blame him

Haynes -4- Never really at the races and Utd doubled up on him as he was so isolated

Subs

Handling - No idea why he was dropped for Craig and did reasonably well in the time he was on.
Boateng -Decent from the big guy. Looked pretty strong
Collins - Not much time

Ref - eye test required and possibly the most pedantic performance I have seen. As if the fitba isn't bad enough we have to endure 90 mins of him booking anything that moves and worrying about the ball being a yard out of position at a free kick. I get the feeling he goes out to ruin every game he officiates

TB -1 - Poor team selection and the energy we had when he joined has gone. I thought we were as bad tonight as almost any game under Fenlon. Craig and Harris shouldn't be starting and he needs to have a think about Cairney as we were playing reasonably well when he was starting. We were second to every ball tonight and looked a man short before Taiwo got sent off. After he hairdryers the team he has to look in the mirror as I think he made some poor choices tonight.

I watched the Hibs warm up tonight and the shooting from practically every player was pathetic. They really needed the net behind the goals or a few bairns would have been scattered. No pressure situation and technical ability completely absent. We look like a team that is completely devoid of basic footballing ability. Confidence has a part to play but Butcher and Malpas needs to get these players working on trapping a ball and playing a 10 yard pass as most of them don't look capable.

Crowd - I am beginning to think we need to get on the players backs more. They were pathetic tonight and got a really easy time of it in my opinion. The crowd in the FF lower has lost the power to care. I think we are almost at the point of total indifference and that is being transferred onto the park. I am starting to get to the point where I really couldn't care less if we win because we don't deserve anything with the style of play we have adopted. I like thousands more will renew but they really don't deserve us!

Couldn't agree more with 99% of what you've typed.

Only thing I would say is that the crowd around me was moaning their tits off from the start at the players, and I don't think it helps.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:24 PM
I think that's as good a pen save as Williams has made yet. Picking a side and saving a pen at a nice height is a lot easier than reacting and catching a pen(no matter how **** it was) like he did tonight.

He had time to collect his towel from the net and throw it over the ball :greengrin

Jones28
28-02-2014, 11:25 PM

Nail. Head. Etc.

Apart from the Williams bit, he made a few decent stops tonight

R'Albin
28-02-2014, 11:30 PM

He had time to collect his towel from the net and throw it over the ball :greengrin

I did think my opinion might go unnoticed if I shoved it in the thread where the OP gave Hanlon a 7 :greengrin

I don't know, I think it was great goalkeeping not to get dragged into making a guess, he read the guy completely then reacted to, and caught his pen. Or maybe I'm just easily impressed!

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:32 PM
I did think my opinion might go unnoticed if I shoved it in the thread where the OP gave Hanlon a 7 :greengrin

I don't know, I think it was great goalkeeping not to get dragged into making a guess, he read the guy completely then reacted to, and caught his pen. Or maybe I'm just easily impressed!

Maybe you are but there was nothing impressive on show tonight (other than a very good Dundee Utd side) :greengrin

Hiber-nation
28-02-2014, 11:36 PM

No maybe about it, he guessed right, fair enough but even if he'd guessed wrong he'd probably have still had time to adjust and save it - that's how bad a pen it was. Would have been a goalkeeping error if it had gone in!

R'Albin
28-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Maybe you are but there was nothing impressive on show tonight (other than a very good Dundee Utd side) :greengrin

Maybe, but to you and Nation above I think it was a great reaction save. Maybe I'm just too positive :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Maybe, but to you and Nation above I think it was a great reaction save. Maybe I'm just too positive :greengrin

Happy clapper :na na: :greengrin

R'Albin
28-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Happy clapper :na na: :greengrin

Fan-Dan :bitchy: :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Fan-Dan :bitchy: :greengrin

Touche :aok:

snooky
01-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Williams 5 - If he hadn't saved that penalty could you call him a goalkeeper?
Forster 4 - Shaky
Nelson 3 - More shaky
Hanlon 3 - A push over
McGivern 4 - Lacks concentration
Harris 1 - Fearty
Taiwo 6 - Lost a point for being sent off.
Stanton 4 - chased shadows tonight. Hard lines with free kick.
Craig 2 - No 1st, 2nd or 3rd touch
Stevenson 5 - Tried but made too many bad passes

Ref 0 - Showman, shocking, short & shecht

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 12:54 AM
Williams 4 - Saved a penalty no matter how bad it was
Forster 3 - Getting dragged down to first team level
Nelson 3 - Punts all over the pitch and into the stands
Hanlon 2 - Bossed and pushed about far too easily.
McGivern 3 - Going backwards
Harris 1 - Waste of a jersey
Taiwo 4 - Tenacious start
Stanton 4 - Stands out again
Craig 1 - Waste of a jersey
Stevenson 3 - Not at the races
Haynes 4- Does what he can

Ref -1 noticed him far too much

SouthamptonHibs
01-03-2014, 01:13 AM

10/10 post! Hanlon was terrible tonight! I'd of given him a 2/3 at best

SouthamptonHibs
01-03-2014, 01:15 AM

I'd agree with all the marks except the goalies! Thought he deserved min 7 for pen save plus a few other good stops. I don't believe the 2nd was his fault it was our weak centre halfs that allowed the header

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 09:06 AM
I'd agree with all the marks except the goalies! Thought he deserved min 7 for pen save plus a few other good stops. I don't believe the 2nd was his fault it was our weak centre halfs that allowed the header

After that team performance I just couldn't justify scoring anyone higher, take your point though maybe a bit harsh on Williams.

Aldo
01-03-2014, 09:21 AM
After that team performance I just couldn't justify scoring anyone higher, take your point though maybe a bit harsh on Williams.

Nope not harsh on Williams at all. Had time to put his copy of Heat magazine and glass of Merlot down before saving penalty.

Didn't cover himself in glory at the 2nd or 3rd goals either.

I would give Murdoch a chance in the coming weeks.

As for the rest

Haynes was so isolated and got no service or support. He held one or two balls up looked up and no one was within 20 yards of him.

TT is the only other player who would of been anywhere near pass marks but his daft 2nd booking. Mind you his back must be totally knackered after carrying the rest of the MF last nite.

TB must also take some criticism for bringing in Craig (who should now be dropped) terrible decision , never a Captain and for those saying he should be played in the middle - I personally think Craig doesn't and hasn't got the ability to play in the middle.

J-C
01-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Recorded the game and watched it this morning, deary me it sounded bad on the radio last night but jeez it was sore to watch.

I'm not going to rate anyone as they were all equally poor, so no points for anyone.

Hanlon once again showed he has no bottle for the important matches and is still a pussy out there.
Nelson is just shocking.
Forster although tries hard at RB should be our starting CB as he looked good there last season.
Craig has turned from one of the best attacking midfielders in the country, into a shell of a player, don't know what happens to these players when they come here, something at Hibs is not right.
Harris although showed very good promise is just that, a very good prospect and as yet has learnt nothing about his job, still young and raw and needs put back into u20's to gain confidence or he could be ruined.

Butcher is playing hoofball, there's no tactics out there that I can see, I know they're not his players but he seems to want to use them exactly the same way as Fenlon instead of making the tactics suit the players.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Recorded the game and watched it this morning, deary me it sounded bad on the radio last night but jeez it was sore to watch.

I'm not going to rate anyone as they were all equally poor, so no points for anyone.

Hanlon once again showed he has no bottle for the important matches and is still a pussy out there.
Nelson is just shocking.
Forster although tries hard at RB should be our starting CB as he looked good there last season.
Craig has turned from one of the best attacking midfielders in the country, into a shell of a player, don't know what happens to these players when they come here, something at Hibs is not right.
Harris although showed very good promise is just that, a very good prospect and as yet has learnt nothing about his job, still young and raw and needs put back into u20's to gain confidence or he could be ruined.

Butcher is playing hoofball, there's no tactics out there that I can see, I know they're not his players but he seems to want to use them exactly the same way as Fenlon instead of making the tactics suit the players.

You listened to it on the radio and still had the stomach to watch it this morning! Great effort mate, bet you're wishing you hadn't bothered. :greengrin

J-C
01-03-2014, 10:10 AM
You listened to it on the radio and still had the stomach to watch it this morning! Great effort mate, bet you're wishing you hadn't bothered. :greengrin
I had to watch it, just to see how bad it was before making any comments.

Itsnoteasy
01-03-2014, 12:25 PM

Got to agree with you. Wasted ma Friday night at ER. Have been saying for months on here about BW and have been slaughtered. Could still end up in play offs.

Itsnoteasy
01-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Haynes 4- Does what he can

Most accurate & honest ratings.:top marks

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Williams 5 - Great shot stopping abilities. That's about it.

McGivern 4 - Wins the ball... then does nothing with it.
Hanlon 2 - Absolute shocker last night
Nelson 3 - Almost as bad as Hanlon
Forster 4 - Same as McGivern

Stevenson 4 - Works hard, despite a lack of ability. Losses the ball a lot, as nobody makes themselves available.
Stanton 3 - Hard to get into the game, when the ball flies over your head for 90 minutes.
Craig 1 - Woeful from start to finish. Offers zero creativity going forward. One of the worst passers in the game.
Taiwo 5 - Tries to play the ball on the deck on the rare occassions it reaches him, but lets himself down with a daft 2nd booking.

Harris 2 - Completely ineffective in a 4-4-(1)-1.

Haynes 3 - Would have been the most frustrated man on the park.

Subs:

Collins 3 - Same as Haynes. Complete isolation.
Handling 4 - Didn't really add much, but any replacement is an improvement over Craig.
Boateng 4 - Should have done better at 3rd goal.

Butcher 1 - A 4-4-1-1, really? Playing a narrow route 1 game at home. Sitting in the dug out shrugging your shoulders and shaking your head. All the characteristics of a Fenlon.

Referee 2 - Awful decision for the 1st penelty. He could clearly see it was outside the box, standing a yard away from the incident. Seemed quite card happy as well at times. Taiwo's first booking was a joke.

Jones28
01-03-2014, 02:18 PM
I'd to revise my comments on Williams after watching the highlights.

He gets a 2.

seven nowt
01-03-2014, 02:32 PM
McGivern Man of the Match....

What's happened to Ben Williams? Scared to come off his line, distribution bad, positioning can be awful.