PDA

View Full Version : Referee Again

SouthMoroccoStu
28-02-2014, 09:59 PM
No excuses for that gutless performance.

Once again we have to question the ref

Lost the plot and all control after 20mins in.

1st penalty!?! You're joking! Hanlon's feet planted and outside the box.

Every 50/50 went Utd s way. Diving unpunished

2nd penalty very soft

Whistle happy midget

How many yellows and disparate to send a hibee off. Lines man stopped Ryan being red number 2

These unless officials have to be accountable and punished for performances like that.

Bring back the refs from Malta

Kato
28-02-2014, 10:02 PM

2nd penalty very soft

Whistle happy midget

How many yellows and disparate to send a hibee off. Lines man stopped Ryan being red number 2

These unless officials have to be accountable and punished for performances like that.

Don't worry these things even themselves out. Hibs are due 48 years of "lenient" decisions, trouble is we have another 30 years to wait before they start kicking in.

IberianHibernian
28-02-2014, 10:04 PM
A year ago we played really good attacking football at at Tannadice and wre denied a win by a freak goal after a mistake by our goalie and terrible decision by ref . Today we were well beaten , outclassed tactically and physically and lucky to only lose by 2 goals . Almost every yellow card seemed harsh but McGovern was lucky not to get a red and will be very disappointed if Butcher tries to blame defeat on ref .

davieh
28-02-2014, 10:06 PM
apart from the first pen, i couln't disagree with any of his decions

BH Hibs
28-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Can't blame the ref for the defeat as they were the better team but he was truly howling

Nomeancity
28-02-2014, 10:07 PM

2nd penalty very soft

Whistle happy midget

Im not for a minute blaming the ref for the result- we were well beaten fair and square .

But he was honking. Wasn't even a foul for the pen let alone whether it was in the box or not. Utd should have had a 3rd pen. Sending off is one of the softest you will see. He was going to send Ryan Mcg off. How many cards in what was a non event game.

18Craig75
28-02-2014, 10:09 PM
We've got bigger problems than the ref. easy excuse for the players.

Hibstrooper
28-02-2014, 10:16 PM

Taiwo made two fouls in the whole game, the two of which combined wouldn't warrant a yellow.

macca70
28-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Really?!!

What about the stonewaller of a 3rd pen united were denied?

JimBHibees
28-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Don't worry these things even themselves out. Hibs are due 48 years of "lenient" decisions, trouble is we have another 30 years to wait before they start kicking in.

That's where I am also. I am afraid for some reason we get shafted by refs on a regular basis. Sounds like whatever we are doing it isn't working, whether that be they genuinely have it in for us or we moan behind close doors rather than through the media but we are a small east club so have little power. The last few seasons some of the decisions have been beyond the pale. That pen was an identikit of the previous United one last season. For a ref 3 yards away to give that is IMO bent.

IMO they genuinely look to give decisions against Hibs while looking for reasons not to give them to Hibs when we claim for something e.g the cheat v Celtic. Something stinks.

macca70
28-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Taiwo made two fouls in the whole game, the two of which combined wouldn't warrant a yellow.

Eh, can't remember his 1st but his 2nd was a defo booking.

JimBHibees
28-02-2014, 10:20 PM

Taiwos first yellow wasn't a foul never mind a booking.

Hibstrooper
28-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Taiwos first yellow wasn't a foul never mind a booking.

Exactly.

28-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Ref didn't cover himself in glory tonight but absolutly not the reason we got beat tonight.

Jones28
28-02-2014, 11:28 PM
No excuses. We weren't beaten by the ref. If the 2 extra Utd goals had come from the penalties then maybe we could say different. Dubious refereeing decisions are the least of our worries after tonight.

Bad Habits
28-02-2014, 11:32 PM
These decisions are getting to be a joke, the last 7 or so games they have cost us a ridiculous amount of points. We didn't deserve any points tonight and in other games the same applies, however many successful teams grind out results through luck, even when there playing badly. The St. Mirren game for example, we were awful but nearly snatched a point at the end if it wasn't for an incredibly poor refereeing decision in which they missed 2 handballs in the box, we would have! It's just poor decision after poor decision. It's not an excuse for the way we are playing but it makes it twice as worse knowing we could have snatched a draw or a win

Sir David Gray
28-02-2014, 11:33 PM

Taiwo's first booking was a disgraceful decision.

wookie70
28-02-2014, 11:54 PM
Taiwo's first booking was a disgraceful decision.
He took the ball cleanly and was never a foul in my opinion. I think I missed the sending off challenge as I was too busy yawning

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:55 PM
In fairness to the OP he stated clearly that he wasn't blaming the ref for our defeat. Just sayin like

Argylehibby
28-02-2014, 11:59 PM

Really, please tell me you're having a laugh? That performance made Craig Thomson look half decent.

Result wise we got what we deserved but look at the stats. There were something like 18 fouls against us, which produced 5 yellows and a red. There wasn't a bad tackle in the game and the clown with the whistle managed to turn it into a farce. I struggle to agree with any of his decisions never mind all but 1.

snooky
01-03-2014, 12:05 AM
When was the last time you witnessed a 'homer' ref at Easter Road?

:hmmm: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm
........................ nut, I can't remember either.

Bishop Hibee
01-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Can't blame the ref for the defeat as they were the better team but he was truly howling

This. Another ref would hardly have flashed a card.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-03-2014, 06:41 AM
In fairness to the OP he stated clearly that he wasn't blaming the ref for our defeat. Just sayin like

Thank you Jonnyboy

macca70
01-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Really, please tell me you're having a laugh? That performance made Craig Thomson look half decent.

Result wise we got what we deserved but look at the stats. There were something like 18 fouls against us, which produced 5 yellows and a red. There wasn't a bad tackle in the game and the clown with the whistle managed to turn it into a farce. I struggle to agree with any of his decisions never mind all but 1.

Maybe if we weren't so slow, 2nd to EVERY ball and didn't give the ball away every time we attempted a 10 yard pass then we would be committing fouls.

United dominated possession which was embarrassing considering we were at home so its inevitable your going to concede that many fouls when your constantly trying to win the ball back.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2014, 07:34 AM
The good old poor ref comfort blanket. Leave it out mate. The team were and are pish. No the refs fault.

Aldo
01-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Apart from the first penalty decision and TT first booking got pretty much everything right.

No he could of given Utd a 3rd penalty when Rankin was tripped. Soft but could of been given.

We were ripped a new one last nite by a very good team.

Our performance was the reason we where beaten.

theonlywayisup
01-03-2014, 07:43 AM
The good old poor ref comfort blanket. Leave it out mate. The team were and are pish. No the refs fault.

Exactly, we are Tom Kite! A team going nowhere except the bottom six.

IIRC Norris has been the ref when he has given us some very debatable decisions. It all just highlights how poor our refs are, but they do have a difficult job to do.

JimBHibees
01-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Apart from the first penalty decision and TT first booking got pretty much everything right.

No he could of given Utd a 3rd penalty when Rankin was tripped. Soft but could of been given.

We were ripped a new one last nite by a very good team.

Our performance was the reason we where beaten.

The penalty decision was simply appalling I am afraid. He is 3 yards away and appeared to be asking the linesman for his opinion. Not good enough I am afraid and as a poster outlines above we are due a raft of decisions in our favour. The more I see these decisions the more I think they genuinely have it in for Hibs. Whether that is because the cheat has such a prominent role I don't know but if it was genuinely just poor decisions it would be nice if we got a few in our favour also.

JimBHibees
01-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Exactly, we are Tom Kite! A team going nowhere except the bottom six.

IIRC Norris has been the ref when he has given us some very debatable decisions. It all just highlights how poor our refs are, but they do have a difficult job to do.

It is a difficult job yes. You will be able to list these decisions he has given us?

I do remember he was the ref in the 3 yards over the line derby.

Aldo
01-03-2014, 07:50 AM
The penalty decision was simply appalling I am afraid. He is 3 yards away and appeared to be asking the linesman for his opinion. Not good enough I am afraid and as a poster outlines above we are due a raft of decisions in our favour. The more I see these decisions the more I think they genuinely have it in for Hibs. Whether that is because the cheat has such a prominent role I don't know but if it was genuinely just poor decisions it would be nice if we got a few in our favour also.

It was indeed appalling. Who knows but they say things are suppose to even themselves out over the course of a season. It's going to take to the end of next season to get any sort of decision.

sauzee=legend
01-03-2014, 08:18 AM
Missed a basic error in the 2nd half from Williams aswell which should have resulted with an indirect free kick inside the box for United. Williams saved a shot, then walking out to the edge of the box he drops it, then he goes and picks it up again when united player closed him down.

hibby13
01-03-2014, 09:24 AM

???

Aldo
01-03-2014, 09:26 AM
???

And TT first booking. We were lucky not to concede another penalty when rankin was tripped. Soft but have been given. Apart from that and the first penalty cannot complain

matty_f
01-03-2014, 09:27 AM
He wasn't the reason we lost or even close to being the reason we lost but he was honking. Fussy, card happy, and wanted to be the centre of attention.
Every time a United player feel down they got a foul.

lapsedhibee
01-03-2014, 09:39 AM
He wasn't the reason we lost or even close to being the reason we lost but he was honking. Fussy, card happy, and wanted to be the centre of attention.
Thought at first that was a spelling mistake but no, you're right, every time a United player put on a sad face the ref gave him a free kick.

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 10:09 AM
Dundee Utd - 6
Referee - 1
Us - 0

Referee was brutal. Sadly, his performance just edged it over ours.

LaMotta
01-03-2014, 10:11 AM

Scary how much he looked like Alan Freeland , with a performance to match the bumbling fool.

Geo_1875
01-03-2014, 11:45 AM

The thread is not about the teams performance or the result of the game. It's about the referees performance which was poor. This gives me no comfort because it has become too regular to be coincidence.

theonlywayisup
01-03-2014, 01:02 PM
It is a difficult job yes. You will be able to list these decisions he has given us?

Nope, as I realise that I got him mixed up with the ref from the Motherwell 0 - Hibs 4 game, when one of our pens was not a pen.

Norris, like Hibs, is Tom Kite! That said, the fault with the Sparky goal must be down to the linesman not the ref :dunno:.

pedroorange1875
01-03-2014, 01:52 PM
We as a team are not smart enough to gauge the referee's performance and start acting accordingly. Slightest contact and go down, United did it, we did not. Lewis had an opportunity near the end to gauge contact in the box and go down, would have put massive pressure on the ref after giving 2 for them. We are not game smart

Smiggy 7-0
01-03-2014, 01:58 PM
1st Pen....never was, apart from being outside box Hanlon's feet were planted on ground (was he supposed to jump out the way and let United player walk past. 2nd pen should have been if player had gone down right away (not later, seem to remember Collins going down in similar fashion against Smeltic and he didn't get pen). Rankin's probably yes but a bit soft. Ref and linesman at East Stand F***ed up on more than one occasion, but that's not why we got beat. We couldn't pass (try lifting your head and looking where our players are), couldn't cross, couldn't defend. In other words we were absolute GASH (as we were against Raith). Oops forgot we never looked like scoring.

Hibs7
01-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Watched the highlights ... All goals lost were preventable poor poor defending, goalkeeping, and very very poor refereeing both penalties were questionable, as was the booking for the second yellow leading to the sending off . Ref 2/10

Hanlon should have dived when shouldered of the ball, as he didn't have the ball at the time so it should have been a foul.

Hard to win when your defence are poor and the red didn't help.

brog
03-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Euan Norris has now made 2 calamitous errors at the same end at ER. LG's non goal last season & Dundee Utd's non penalty this time. Now these are not subjective matters, they're factual. LG's free kick was a yard over the line & the supposed foul on Friday took place a yard outside the box. In the 1st case it was a dead ball situation so 2 officials had all the time in the world to position themselves to make a correct decision & yet they got it wrong. In the 2nd case Norris was only 2 or 3 yards away & still got it wrong. As with the OP I'm not blaming the ref for the defeat, 3-1 flattered us, but the moment Norris gave that pen he effectively lost control. In this case it's likely that his loss of control did not affect the outcome of the game but it does not change the fact that a senior official made a calamitous error & as usual there will be no action or any transparency re how this affects the referee's future career.

snooky
03-03-2014, 06:29 PM
We as a team are not smart enough to gauge the referee's performance and start acting accordingly. Slightest contact and go down, United did it, we did not. Lewis had an opportunity near the end to gauge contact in the box and go down, would have put massive pressure on the ref after giving 2 for them. We are not game smart

And we're no' cheats either.

Tyler Durden
03-03-2014, 07:33 PM

He was also the ref that awarded Paul Hanlons goal in the 4-0 win over Dunfermline - the one that was few yards shy of the line. IIRC he awarded that goal himself, the linesman didn't signal for it. Which shows his incompetence but arguably counted against us when he was unwilling to do the same in the Griffiths free kick example.

I couldn't make the game on Friday. Looking at the highlights Taiwo's bookings were correct but there was a fair case of Hanlon being fouled for the first goal in my view. Still weak by PH of course.

Regardless the pathetic passing by McGivern for goal 1 and Stevenson for (I think) Taiwo's second card were as culpable as anything else. Depressing how poor we are.

pedroorange1875
03-03-2014, 08:36 PM
And we're no' cheats either.

I said game smart, nothing about cheating

snooky
03-03-2014, 08:40 PM
I said game smart, nothing about cheating

Agreed :agree: