PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket boycott!

Pages : [1] 2 3

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Having just left the worst performance I can ever remember seeing, I urge every Hibs fan to refrain from purchasing a season ticket.

Make no mistake, I've seen almost every game (home and away) since Butcher too over and we are undoubtedly going backwards! We were outplayed from the first whistle to the last tonight & yet every change is like for like?!?

He sat the whole game shrugging his shoulders & shaking his head yet was utterly incapable of influencing the game.

Enough is enough!

It's time we made the "custodians" of this once proud club sit up and take notice & the only way to do that is by voting with our feet. En masse!

It's high time this "football" club PROVED that they deserve our hard earned cash!

hihohibby
28-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Having just left the worst performance I can ever remember seeing, I urge every Hibs fan to refrain from purchasing a season ticket.
It's high time this "football" club PROVED that they deserve our hard earned cash!

I made that decision a good few seasons ago, sadly:rolleyes:

Speedway
28-02-2014, 09:53 PM

Make no mistake, I've seen almost every game (home and away) since Butcher too over and we are undoubtedly going backwards! We were outplayed from the first whistle to the last tonight & yet every change is like for like?!?

He sat the whole game shrugging his shoulders & shaking his head yet was utterly incapable of influencing the game.

Enough is enough!

It's time we made the "custodians" of this once proud club sit up and take notice & the only way to do that is by voting with our feet. En masse!

That's the solution we've all been missing that will solve all our problems.

The Sea-gull
28-02-2014, 09:56 PM
I see where the op is coming from but a boycott of season tickets is not the answer. The club needs to do more than cringy marketing based on army puns to get folk to buy season tickets. 5 or 6 first team ready and recognised players signed by the end of June is what the club should now be looking to do.

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 09:57 PM
That's the solution we've all been missing that will solve all our problems.

Aye, coz blindly pumping our money into the club has been working so well right enough...

MoscowHibs
28-02-2014, 10:01 PM

Enough is enough!

Aye, good idea. Let's make sure the club has nae money tae replace the dross on show the now, leaving us with the option of keeping what we got or getting worse. Rome wisnae built in a day, so I for one WILL be purchasing for me and the laddie. You can dae what ye like.

BH Hibs
28-02-2014, 10:03 PM

Enough is enough!

If you are really 31 you must have seen lots worse performances than tonight's. However it was bad but to boycott STs nah not the answer for me

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Aye, good idea. Let's make sure the club has nae money tae replace the dross on show the now, leaving us with the option of keeping what we got or getting worse. Rome wisnae built in a day, so I for one WILL be purchasing for me and the laddie. You can dae what ye like.

I'm guessing a fair percentage of Rome could've been built in 7 years...

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Aye, coz blindly pumping our money into the club has been working so well right enough...

What would your alternative be?

Mikey
28-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Surely the answer is to buy a season ticket thereby giving the manager as much money as possible to improve the team. Cutting the cash available is going to make things even worse.

MoscowHibs
28-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Butcher's been in charge 7 years has he. The board have made mistakes, which the tache has more or less admitted, but this time I think he has got it right. Given time, Butcher will get it right.Now is no the time tae be throwin yer toys out of the pram.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Surely the answer is to buy a season ticket thereby giving the manager as much money as possible to improve the team. Cutting the cash available is going to make things even worse.

Finally, someone with sense!

IberianHibernian
28-02-2014, 10:12 PM
I see where the op is coming from but a boycott of season tickets is not the answer. The club needs to do more than cringy marketing based on army puns to get folk to buy season tickets. 5 or 6 first team ready and recognised players signed by the end of June is what the club should now be looking to do.Agree with you about cringy army marketing stuff . A real own goal even if we were running away with the league and even worse when playing like tonight and in almost every game in last few months . Forget about this type of marketing and see if we can win a few games and look organised . Still 5 months till next season so plenty of time to make changes in playing and managerial staff if necessary before next season .

The_Exile
28-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Cool, lets stop financially supporting the club and go shopping with the missus on a Saturday then, cos when we do that there will be no Hibs, actually......you might be onto something here!!!!!

Bishop Hibee
28-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Painful to see us outclassed but boycott would only make things worse. Butcher needs the summer to bring in half a dozen of his players then we can judge him. Plenty effort but Utd are a far better side quality wise.

Sylar
28-02-2014, 10:14 PM

Aye but they didnae have trams back then :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2014, 10:16 PM

I'd give him the same amount of money he had at ICT, that seems to be the way forward these days, we only squander more than that.

Seriously, you have to wonder just what these clubs who have no support and little money do different, as the way we spend our cash is definitely not working.:confused:

IberianHibernian
28-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Painful to see us outclassed but boycott would only make things worse. Butcher needs the summer to bring in half a dozen of his players then we can judge him. Plenty effort but Utd are a far better side quality wise.
This time last year we looked better than them in draw at Tannadice and in draw at ER in August we were even . What`s happened since then ?

Bishop Hibee
28-02-2014, 10:19 PM
As I've stated on here before I didn't want Butcher as manager but he's here so he needs a chance to bring in his own players to his style of football.

Heisenberg
28-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Butcher out already then aye? I give up. What a joke.

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 10:22 PM

Aye, brilliant! The money we've pumped into the club recently has been utterly wasted - so let's give them even more!! You are the very definition of a "patsy"...

Mikey
28-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Aye, brilliant! The money we've pumped into the club recently has been utterly wasted - so let's give them even more!! You are the very definition of a "patsy"...

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2014, 10:24 PM

What would be your alternative strategy?

Mikey
28-02-2014, 10:26 PM

You've been ignored once already. Take the hint eh :greengrin

big gogs
28-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Mrs big gogs and myself will be renewing our tickets very soon ,boycott,count us out.]

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 10:28 PM

With very limited season ticket sales, we would still be on a financial par with the likes of ICT who have grossly out-performed us in recent seasons.

Let's see Hibs prove that they can do things the right way & put out a genuinely competitive team who are worthy of our, seemingly, unquestioning investment!

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2014, 10:28 PM

Beat it, Patsy, the big boys are talking business here.

Centre Hawf
28-02-2014, 10:30 PM

Go to the Cinema?:cb

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2014, 10:30 PM
With very limited season ticket sales, we would still be on a financial par with the likes of ICT who have grossly out-performed us in recent seasons.

Let's see Hibs prove that they can do things the right way & put out a genuinely competitive team who are worthy of our, seemingly, unquestioning investment!

So you want to limit the competitiveness of the, relatively new, manager in his ability to attract the new players that we all crave.

davy malcolm
28-02-2014, 10:31 PM

Enough is enough!

Your on the wrong site

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Diclonius
28-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Will buy a season ticket out of habit next season, that's the stage I'm at sadly. Tonight was the first game I've been to as a Hibs supporter where attending felt like an inconvenience rather than a genuine want to go. Completely apathetic right now.

Up The Bracket
28-02-2014, 10:33 PM

Enough is enough!

Great idea, on top of having a ***** football team, we can throw in a few financial problems, why no just knock down the stadium aswell? Or burn down the training centre?

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Great idea, on top of having a ***** football team, we can throw in a few financial problems, why no just knock down the stadium aswell? Or burn down the training centre?

One would hope Rod has renewed the insurance.

:cb

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Your on the wrong site

A) You're

B) Contribute reasoned arguments or.

BroxburnHibee
28-02-2014, 10:37 PM
So you want to limit the competitiveness of the, relatively new, manager in his ability to attract the new players that we all crave.

I don't back a boycott (stupid idea) but surely you can admit that for the last 6 years, increased season ticket sales have in no way guaranteed us better players.

Fair to say almost every penny has been squandered by a series of managers.

Oh for the days of Crunchie, O'Neill, McGinlay, Keith and Jackson. How many ST holders did we have then?

Mikey09
28-02-2014, 10:38 PM

I think he may be waiting a loooooooooooooooong time Mikey. Talk about an over reaction!!!

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 10:40 PM
I think he may be waiting a loooooooooooooooong time Mikey. Talk about an over reaction!!!

I have already replied to said post. But don't let that interfere with your

CropleyWasGod
I don't back a boycott (stupid idea) but surely you can admit that for the last 6 years, increased season ticket sales have in no way guaranteed us better players.

Fair to say almost every penny has been squandered by a series of managers.

Oh for the days of Crunchie, O'Neill, McGinlay, Keith and Jackson. How many ST holders did we have then?

Spending money is rarely a guarantee of success in football.

But, to purposely restrict our competitiveness in a very difficult market (weren't those players pre-Bosman?) is plain daft IMO.

Diclonius

We could sell the training centre to Celtic for £1 million, then wait until the last day of the training centre transfer window and buy a shed.

joe t
Don't post many replies, but the knee-jerk reactions to defeats these days is getting right on my t*ts. United are a young and by all accounts very talented young side. They have a lot of young players that we could only wish for and are getting a similar effect that we were when Mowbray's golden generation were coming through. Losing some games through naivety, but more than capable of dishing out a pasting to anyone when things click on the park. If they keep their squad they will be a formidable side next season.

Butcher taking over did not give us a new squad. It's the same players and, disregarding those coming through the ranks, the majority of our squad are not good enough.

What we need is for fans to back the club with season tickets funds, then look to do the following for season 14/15:

a) buy well in the transfer market, which we've not done for a good few seasons
b) turn 2 or 3 of our youngsters into regular first pick standard and good level SPL players
C) keep the players that are good enough to improve us as a team/squad

Buying a season ticket is pretty important for A and C, and while there is always an element of luck in A I'm convinced that the new set up will see things improving in this department. The scouting arrangement in recent seasons has been farcical. B concerns me though as we sure as hell don't have any Mackey-Stevens/robertsons coming through at the moment and youth will play a significant part of any SPL teams success going forward.

Protesting by denying the club money through non renewal of season tickets doesn't solve anything, unless you think sir rod is pockling half the cash hibs receive into an account in the caymans.
:bsod:

jeffers
28-02-2014, 10:41 PM
We could sell the training centre to Celtic for £1 million, then wait until the last day of the training centre transfer window and buy a shed.

:greengrin

Thecat23
28-02-2014, 10:41 PM
No thanks, seen worse under the 3 previous managers. I'll support them through thick and thin and when he's built his own team.

GGTTH.

BroxburnHibee
28-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Spending money is rarely a guarantee of success in football.

But, to purposely restrict our competitiveness in a very difficult market (weren't those players pre-Bosman?) is plain daft IMO.

I think the OP's frustration is probably more to do with plenty of our competitors are achieving far more with a lot less resource.

It would be nice to see some improvement.

Mikey09
28-02-2014, 10:44 PM
A) You're

B) Contribute reasoned arguments or .

So enlighten us to why a season ticket boycott would help. And give us something positive we could do to help turn things around oh wise one.....

davy malcolm
28-02-2014, 10:44 PM
A) You're

B) Contribute reasoned arguments or .

Don't buy a season book then till we get rid of butcher I renewed 10 minutes ago

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 10:45 PM

Enough is enough!

Nonsense.

I await the response inviting me to gtf

Eyrie
28-02-2014, 10:45 PM

Enough is enough!

That's begging for a LTYF.

But instead I'd rather hear exactly why you think depriving Hibs of money is going to help overhaul the squad?

TornadoHibby
28-02-2014, 10:46 PM

Whilst that is the sensible approach Mikey, it is now several years that we have been suffering from abysmal football which has been enough to persuade a number of ST holders to "hang up their boots" at Hibs as it were and is now leaning on another group who are at the end of their tether and considering spending their cash on something that they might enjoy or feel a benefit from! :confused:

It's a difficult one for club and fan alike I suspect this season! :dunno: :hmmm:

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2014, 10:47 PM
I think the OP's frustration is probably more to do with plenty of our competitors are achieving far more with a lot less resource.

It would be nice to see some improvement.

That's understood, of course.

But that's got more to do with HOW we spend the money than the amount of money we have...... which is a whole new thread.

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Whilst that is the sensible approach Mikey, it is now several years that we have been suffering from abysmal football which has been enough to persuade a number of ST holders to "hang up their boots" at Hibs as it were and is now leaning on another group who are at the end of their tether and considering spending their cash on something that they might enjoy or feel a benefit from! :confused:

It's a difficult one for club and fan alike I suspect this season! :dunno: :hmmm:

I might see the point if Butcher had been here 18 months..... but surely not at the start of his first full season.

jeffers
28-02-2014, 10:49 PM
No thanks, seen worse under the 3 previous managers. I'll support them through thick and thin and when he's built his own team.

GGTTH.

I thought tonight was every bit as bad as anything under the previous 3 managers. It's the last day of February, I didn't go tonight and I have no interest in going to another game this season. If I went on my own to games I would seriously be considering whether to renew or not for next season. I haven't seen much if anything under TB to fill me with optimism. In saying that I will be renewing but I can understand why some won't - blind loyalty only goes so far.

Thecat23
28-02-2014, 10:52 PM
I thought tonight was every bit as bad as anything under the previous 3 managers. It's the last day of February, I didn't go tonight and I have no interest in going to another game this season. If I went on my own to games I would seriously be considering whether to renew or not for next season. I haven't seen much if anything under TB to fill me with optimism. In saying that I will be renewing but I can understand why some won't - blind loyalty only goes so far.

True it does, but FFS fans need to give Butcher a chance.

BroxburnHibee
28-02-2014, 10:53 PM
That's understood, of course.

But that's got more to do with HOW we spend the money than the amount of money we have...... which is a whole new thread.

:agree:

We love to laugh at the Yams throwing all their money away into the Tynecastle money pit - think its fair to say there's plenty Hibs fans getting sick of doing the same.

ST's are becoming more and more of a luxury and unless you have plenty disposable income then most folk are going to seriously consider whether they can afford it anymore.

Hibs haven't took that into account - they've just rolled out the usual pish - 'Give us your cash - the manager needs it'

Only going to work so many times.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2014, 10:54 PM

Enough is enough!

Great idea. Lessen the managers budget even further. Crack on big man.

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Nonsense.

I await the response inviting me to gtf

By what reasoning has blind loyalty on season ticket sales helped us in any way?

FWIW, the vast majority of the people I've spoken to after the game tonight agree that the fans are long overdue for some reward on their investment. This forum may disagree but I suspect the number of ST sales this season will correlate with my perception.

If it exceeds that, I sincerely hope those who have invested the money up front are rewarded for doing so.

jeffers
28-02-2014, 10:59 PM

I don't disagree mate but I've said it before, he should be doing a helluva a lot better than he has been doing. Some of his decisions and player selections are baffling - Liam Craig as a holding player with KT not even making the squad, Alex Harris playing every week when he looks nowhere near ready, Paul Heffernan not figuring....I could go on.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:01 PM
By what reasoning has blind loyalty on seasin ticket sales helped is in any way?

FWIW, the vast majority of the people I've spoken to after the game tonight agree that the fans are long overdue for some reward on their investment. This forum may disagree but I suspect the number of ST sales this season will correlate with my perception.

If it exceeds that, I diversely hope those who have invested the money up front are rewatfed for doing so.

The reason I said your opening post was nonsense is that it's clear to everyone, especially the manager, that major surgery is required. To do that he needs a clear out and new, better players brought in. It's no secret that funds from season ticket sales go into his kitty to achieve that. If we boycott we end up with the same players offering up the same p!sh so your idea, on that basis, is nonsense.

I am fully aware that we've coughed up year in, year out and that after a display like tonight's, it's a hard sell for the club but to my way of thinking it's easy to back the club when things are going well but when they really need the help, like now, it's imperative that the support plays its part.

TB is suffering because previous incumbents signed dross. He needs to be given the chance to improve our team and to do that he needs money.

One more thing, folk moaning that STF should wade in to help are wasting their time. I used to say that until I accepted that he's never going to do it so it's pointless suggesting he should

Stax
28-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Don't post many replies, but the knee-jerk reactions to defeats these days is getting right on my t*ts. United are a young and by all accounts very talented young side. They have a lot of young players that we could only wish for and are getting a similar effect that we were when Mowbray's golden generation were coming through. Losing some games through naivety, but more than capable of dishing out a pasting to anyone when things click on the park. If they keep their squad they will be a formidable side next season.

Butcher taking over did not give us a new squad. It's the same players and, disregarding those coming through the ranks, the majority of our squad are not good enough.

What we need is for fans to back the club with season tickets funds, then look to do the following for season 14/15:

a) buy well in the transfer market, which we've not done for a good few seasons
b) turn 2 or 3 of our youngsters into regular first pick standard and good level SPL players
C) keep the players that are good enough to improve us as a team/squad

Buying a season ticket is pretty important for A and C, and while there is always an element of luck in A I'm convinced that the new set up will see things improving in this department. The scouting arrangement in recent seasons has been farcical. B concerns me though as we sure as hell don't have any Mackey-Stevens/robertsons coming through at the moment and youth will play a significant part of any SPL teams success going forward.

Protesting by denying the club money through non renewal of season tickets doesn't solve anything, unless you think sir rod is pockling half the cash hibs receive into an account in the caymans.
:bsod:
Top post IMO :top marks

davy malcolm
28-02-2014, 11:04 PM
The reason I said your opening post was nonsense is that it's clear to everyone, especially the manager, that major surgery is required. To do that he needs a clear out and new, better players brought in. It's no secret that funds from season ticket sales go into his kitty to achieve that. If we boycott we end up with the same players offering up the same p!sh so your idea, on that basis, is nonsense.

I am fully aware that we've coughed up year in, year out and that after a display like tonight's, it's a hard sell for the club but to my way of thinking it's easy to back the club when things are going well but when they really need the help, like now, it's imperative that the support plays its part.

TB is suffering because previous incumbents signed dross. He needs to be given the chance to improve our team and to do that he needs money.

One more thing, folk moaning that STF should wade in to help are wasting their time. I used to say that until I accepted that he's never going to do it so it's pointless suggesting he should

Well said sir

The Modfather
28-02-2014, 11:07 PM

What signs are there that this time the money will be spent any differently to the last 6 years?

It's unfortunate for Butcher given he's not responsible for any of the last 6 years, but I need him to work his ICT magic and give me signs of encouragement that we can spend our money wisely, before I begin to invest my money, and more importantly, time again.

Another way to get me back and genuinely see now as a new dawn is for Petrie to go. Until then I suspect Butchers job may be even harder than we all realize.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:09 PM
What signs are there that this time the money will be spent any differently to the last 6 years?

It's unfortunate for Butcher given he's not responsible for any of the last 6 years, but I need him to work his ICT magic and give me signs of encouragement that we can spend our money wisely, before I begin to invest my money, and more importantly, time again.

Another way to get me back and genuinely see now as a new dawn is for Petrie to go. Until then I suspect Butchers job may be even harder than we all realize.

I think TB's time at ICT prove he has an eye for a player. The guys before him clearly had both eyes shut when they signed some of our present bunch!

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 11:09 PM

TB is suffering because previous incumbents signed dross. He needs to be hgiven the chance to improve our team and to do that he needs money.

I get where you're coming from BUT Butcher has taken this crop of abjectly mediocre players and somehow gone backwards!

He was totally out-thought tonight by a far less experience manager & appeared to have absolutely no plan B.

Butcher achieved what he achieved at ICT with a vastly inferior budget to the one he'll be operating under at Hibs. Even with 3,000 STs at Easter Road, he will have a budget vastly exceeding the one he had at ICT - I would suggest this is therefore the perfect time for those Hibs fans who don't have an excess of disposable income to hold off on purchasing an ST and let Butcher prove that he deserves our hard earned cash...

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:11 PM
I get where you're coming from BUT Butcher has taken this crop of abjectly mediocre players and somehow gone backwards!

He was totally out-thought tonight by a far less experience manager & appeared to have absolutely no plan B.

Butcher achieved what he achieved at ICT with a vastly inferior budget to the one he'll be operating under at Hibs. Even with 3,000 STs at Easter Road, he will have a budget vastly exceeding the one he had at ICT - I would suggest this is therefore the perfect time for those Hibs fans who don't have an excess of disposable income to hold off on purchasing an ST and let Butcher prove that he deserves our hard earned cash...

I think it only fair to point out that McNamara has a cracking bunch of players that make his job easier :wink:

We were abysmal tonight, no argument but United were excellent and would have beaten most teams on that form

Edit: the disposable income line is a far cry from your opening remarks, surely?

stevejordan
28-02-2014, 11:12 PM
I don't disagree mate but I've said it before, he should be doing a helluva a lot better than he has been doing. Some of his decisions and player selections are baffling - Liam Craig as a holding player with KT not even making the squad, Alex Harris playing every week when he looks nowhere near ready, Paul Heffernan not figuring....I could go on.

Good post to be fair he is working with Paddys team but some of the selections make you scratch your head

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2014, 11:13 PM

Getting hammered if his name tag is anything to go by.

Emerald
28-02-2014, 11:16 PM

Agree 100%, Fenlon was still getting support just about to the end of his dire tenure. Butcher has came in and has had to make do with Felon's team. He brought in a couple of loanees to bolster things and the best one IMO (Watmore) is kicked off the park and hasn't featured since his first game.

His tactics are very questionable, I agree but why are folk on his back now? He hasn't had a proper transfer window but only a few months back folk were still backing Fenlon after many failed windows and dire performances right to the end. We're all fed up with years of under achieving but surely he deserves the right to build a team of his own before the knives are out ffs

Having said all that it was a horrible performance tonight.

The Modfather
28-02-2014, 11:16 PM
I think TB's time at ICT prove he has an eye for a player. The guys before him clearly had both eyes shut when they signed some of our present bunch!

I do sympathize with Butcher as it's not his fault, but he's going to have to make the first move and show me that he he can spend his budget wisely and that it's not yet anther false dawn. My blind enthusiasm has gone, when Hibs give me something worth my time and money I'll respond. It never used to be like that but I've seen enough of my money wasted to have any faith that this time is any different until I actually see it.

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 11:18 PM
I think it only fair to point out that McNamara has a cracking bunch of players that make his job easier :wink:

We were abysmal tonight, no argument but United were excellent and would have beaten most teams on that form

With all due respect, it's exactly that sort of mentality that's killing us!

They were nothing special tonight - simply because they didn't need to be!

To argue that they were somehow unbeatable with a performance like that is truly depressing in terms of where some people think Hibs should be...

28-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Aye lets all walk away and throw away ST renewal forms, that'll solve everything and put us in a better position . . .

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:20 PM
With all due respect, it's exactly that sort of mentality that's killing us!

They were nothing special tonight - simply because they didn't need to be!

To argue that they were somehow unbeatable with a performance like that is truly depressing in terms of where some people think Hibs should be...

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I recognise we were beaten by a better team, that played very well on the night.

Can you clarify whether you want an all out boycott or a boycott excluding the 3,000 that can afford the ST? :wink:

Alfred E Newman
28-02-2014, 11:21 PM

Enough is enough!

What a load of nonsense. If the team is to be rebuilt it will be done with season ticket money.
No money no improvement.

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Aye lets all walk away and throw away ST renewal forms, that'll solve everything and put us in a better position . . .

It's very easy to say that but what, in your opinion, has been gained from the ST sales in recent years?

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2014, 11:24 PM

Enough is enough!

Witholding dosh removes a big chunk of potential competitive advantage over the other clubs. Are you really saying that Butcher should be denied supporters cash to build his own squad? Do you not reckon Butcher is the man for the job? Advocating a boycott at this stage nuts we've all got to get with the programme and get behind Butcher - no more excuses for players, management or supporters all the nashing of teeth and fury got us nowhere.

The dons appear to have moved on from the revolving door of management and sack the board mantra. Maybe we need to take that leaf out their book.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:26 PM
It's very easy to say that but what, in your opinion, has been gained from the ST sales in recent years?

You're denying the manager funds because his predecessors wasted the money?

Viva_Palmeiras

And how's what you're saying not?

stevejordan
Witholding dosh removes a big chunk of potential competitive advantage over the other clubs. Are you really saying that Butcher should be denied supporters cash to build his own squad? Do you not reckon Butcher is the man for the job? Advocating a boycott at this stage nuts we've all got to get with the programme and get behind Butcher - no more excuses for players, management or supporters all the nashing of teeth and fury got us nowhere.

The dons appear to have moved on from the revolving door of management and sack the board mantra. Maybe we need to take that leaf out their book.

good post

BroxburnHibee
28-02-2014, 11:27 PM
What a load of nonsense. If the team is to be rebuilt it will be done with season ticket money.
No money no improvement.

How many ST's have Motherwell, Inverness & St Johnstone sold between them?

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2014, 11:28 PM
You're denying the manager funds because his predecessors wasted the money?

If this was in the pub I think he'd be going for a piss right about now... Clear thoughts and try again or slump into his beer ;)

28-02-2014, 11:28 PM

a club that is not facing the terrible prospect of admin/liquidation. Yes we haven't developed a great product on the park but how on earth are things going to get any better if everyone walks away? It's the fans that keep this, and every other club going.

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2014, 11:30 PM

Financial stability.

MotherSuperior
I've had a season ticket for 23 of my 30 years of existence. Regardless of the result tonight I think I wasn't going to renew. I've missed a fair few home games due to apathy and just can't get excited and up for games anymore. The last few seasons have definitely taken their toll on me. Its also in my opinion way too expensive. I will just be a walk-up from next season onwards.

Mr White
Butcher achieved what he achieved at ICT with a vastly inferior budget to the one he'll be operating under at Hibs. Even with 3,000 STs at Easter Road, he will have a budget vastly exceeding the one he had at ICT -
you have to be on the wind-up, we have much higher costs than ICT. Your post is ridiculous quite frankly and given the gist of it, it would be quite easy to draw the conclusion that you don't support hibs.

Twa Cairpets
28-02-2014, 11:32 PM

Ah, so the genius plan is to make him work with a smaller budget so he can show he can make things better without the advantages a club of our size can offer? Which is a better budget.
Tell me, did you ever work in the banking industry a few years ago? It's that type of insightful brilliance that'll save the day.
Seldom has an OP been on .net been more worthy of scorn and derision.

Alfred E Newman
28-02-2014, 11:33 PM
How many ST's have Motherwell, Inverness & St Johnstone sold between them?

I take your point but those sides do not have to rebuild a complete team. It's a massive job Butcher has on his hands thanks to his predecessors. Whether he is up to the task is open for debate but denying him funds is not going to help one bit.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2014, 11:35 PM
good post

I do try in between jests ;)

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Ah, so the genius plan is to make him work with a smaller budget so he can show he can make things better without the advantages a club of our size can offer? Which is a better budget.
Tell me, did you ever work in the banking industry a few years ago? It's that type of insightful brilliance that'll save the day.
Seldom has an OP been on .net been more worthy of scorn and derision.

Scorn & deride as much as you like, the fact remains season ticket investment has translated to nothing more more than bottom 6 finishes for over 6 years! It's time for a different strategy...

Bronson
28-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Another ridiculous overreaction. Hibs fans really are pathetic sometimes.

Judge Butcher next season when he can make his own mark on the team.

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Scorn & deride as much as you like, the fact remains season ticket investment has translated to nothing more more than bottom 6 finishes for over 6 years! It's time for a different strategy...

And that strategy will be reduced income, with reduced wage costs, but the same overheads?

Can you see where that will end up?

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 11:40 PM

Do you disagree that he's taken the group of players he inherited backwards?

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 11:42 PM
And that strategy will be reduced income, with reduced wage costs, but the same overheads?

Can you see where that will end up?

Again, I ask what has ST investment achieved over the last 6 years?

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2014, 11:42 PM

I answered.

Financial stability.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:43 PM

Again, I ask why the current manager should suffer because of the guys before him?

Hiber-nation
28-02-2014, 11:44 PM

We have to assume RP has made the right appointment (for a change) who will buy the right players and get rid of the right players. This summer will be his 1st chance to do so let's give him some cash to do it....goodnight!

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 11:44 PM
I answered.

Financial stability.

Are we a football club or a financial institution?

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:45 PM

You really need to stop digging mate :wink:

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2014, 11:46 PM

You asked what it had achieved. I answered.

The fact that a succession of managers failed to use that financial stability to build a decent team is not Butcher's fault. And neither should it handicap him in his first real opportunity to strengthen the team.

The Modfather
28-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Again, I ask why the current manager should suffer because of the guys before him?

Because, unfortunately for Butcher, he has come in to a club that has traded in all it's goodwill and patience with the fans. As such Butcher has to work some of his ICT magic on a small budget, before some fans like myself see the actual fruits of having a proper manager and not the empty promises of the last 6 years.

Bronson
28-02-2014, 11:47 PM

Yes i disagree with that 100%.

May not have taken them forward leaps and bounds but he's working with sh*te, certainly hasn't taken the team backwards and anyone who thinks he has, has a short memory.

Viva_Palmeiras

Lay it on us dude since your on a roll what's the master plan? The different strategy might just be having a half-decent manager and his team get his teeth into the job? If Butcher can't turn this club around the games a bogey - even if it is ill still be there supporting the Hibs. I reckon the majority of folks that went through the dark days of the takeover bid will feel the same when the chips are down.

Jones28
Ahh, the customary Hibs-were-pish-10-page-extravaganza!

*Sitsbackandopensbeer

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 11:48 PM
You really need to stop digging mate :wink:

A) I'm not digging

B) I'm not your mate

C) What precedent is there for our fans, in the last 6 or 7 years, being rewarded for their investment?

Mikey09
28-02-2014, 11:48 PM

Its not happening for him just now but he will get it right with his players. Your over reaction is laughable as is your strategy on how to fix things. You boycott away mate just don't ask others to join your one man army..... Don't let the door skelp your arse on the way out..... :aok:

Twa Cairpets
28-02-2014, 11:49 PM

You are aware Butcher wasn't the manager for the last few years, aren't you?
Tell me, I'm curious: could you point me to another club/business where success has come as a direct result of denying the investment required to improve? It's an unusual model.

Jonnyboy
A) I'm not digging

B) I'm not your mate

C) What precedent is there for our fans, in the last 6 or 7 years, being rewarded for their investment?

Oooh touched a nerve there. Happy not to be your mate though :agree:

C) You again ignore my question as to why you feel it acceptable to punish the the current manager because of the failure of his predecessors?

Hiber-nation
A) I'm not digging

B) I'm not your mate

This manager knows the players are ***** and need replacing. Forget about the last couple of numpties and move on. It's the only way.

clerriehibs
28-02-2014, 11:51 PM
**** YOU!! I sat there for the entire 90 minutes tonight & I'm utterly sick of it!

You want to call me a yam? Name a time & place & I'll choke you out with my Hibs scarf I've had for over 25 years!

Whatever. If on some planet you put money towards Hibs and don't want to any longer, then brilliant. Your miney, your choice. Don't try and choke my club though, it's yam fuddish.

If 90 mins makes yoy a better hibby, I lasted the full 93 mins tonight.

Twa Cairpets
28-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Because, unfortunately for Butcher, he has come in to a club that has traded in all it's goodwill and patience with the fans. As such Butcher has to work some of his ICT magic on a small budget, before some fans like myself see the actual fruits of having a proper manager and not the empty promises of the last 6 years.

Truly bizarre logic.
Words fail me sometimes.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2014, 11:55 PM

A) I'm not digging

B) I'm not your mate

Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds, Dunfermline, Aberdeen - what have their fans been "rewarded" with over the same period. Money doesn't guarantee success just look at the millions pumped into Premiership teams - they can't all win it. The galacticos didn't really do that much. It's getting the right balance and for whatever reason we haven't done it. But having _some_ dosh used wisely does make things a little easier.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2014, 12:00 AM
Truly bizarre logic.
Words fail me sometimes.

Really, i think he's spot on. I watched the game tonight with 3 other Hibs fans, guys that used to love going regularly.

None of us will be buying a season ticket, and none of us know when our next Hibs match will be. For some people the camels back has broken. :boo hoo:

The Modfather
01-03-2014, 12:00 AM
Truly bizarre logic.
Words fail me sometimes.

Not sure what you find bizarre. I've put my time and money in for no return and too many false dawns to do so again.

Butcher comes with the track record, and I believe we have a genuine chance we've not had before of getting out of the downward spiral of the last 6 years.

However, the club have to show me they know how to spend the money they have wisely and not squander it as they have done. Once I begin to see some improvement and/or a team I can identify with I'll begin to return. Providing more more of a budget and hopefully helping the upward spiral we would hopefully be on.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Not sure what you find bizarre. I've put my time and money in for no return and too many false daws to do so again.

Butcher comes with the track record, and I believe we have a genuine chance we've not had before of getting out of the downward spiral of the last 6 years.

However, the club have to show me they know how to spend the money they have wisely and not squander it as they have done. Once I begin to see some improvement and/or a team I can identify with I'll begin to return. Providing more more of a budget and hopefully helping the upward spiral we would hopefully be on.

It's the managers that have squandered it, though. Why handicap Butcher for their poor spending?

Jones28
01-03-2014, 12:04 AM
This is an over reaction. However, if you were to propose this at the end of the season after a few more performance like that I think you'd get a lot more people feeling the same.

As Blackpool said, for a lot of people this is the straw that broke the camels back.

01-03-2014, 12:05 AM

Agreed. Some people expect miracles over night.

AL-Qaholik
01-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Agreed. Some people expect miracles over night.

Overnight?? Really?? This has been going on for SIX YEARS!

jeffers
01-03-2014, 12:12 AM
It's the managers that have squandered it, though. Why handicap Butcher for their poor spending?

You are of course correct, but had Petrie not dicked Falkirk about trying to get Lyall Taylor at an insulting price we would at least have a decent striker.

The Modfather
01-03-2014, 12:12 AM

Because the faith and optimism I have in Butcher as a manager is far offset by the doubts and scepticism I have about the people running the club.

It's unfortunate for Butcher as it's not his fault but is the circumstances (in my eyes) he has inherited in joining us at this time.

I'm not even looking for him to immediately punch our (reported) weight and finish 4th next season in line with our budget , never mind over achieve.

A consistent brand of football (passing and movement) and a few proper footballers outwith the usual SPL suspects we have gone for the last few years will get me investing my time and money again. I don't believe that's an unrealistic expectation as I am looking for progress not the finished article.

Stax
01-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Truly bizarre logic.
Words fail me sometimes.
Don't see what's bizarre about that post at all. Plenty more posts on here tonight to get dumbstruck about..

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2014, 12:16 AM

Enough is enough!

What a super notion......Then when the Club has hee-haw to spend on new players, we can moan like heck on here.......:rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2014, 12:18 AM
Because the faith and optimism I have in Butcher as a manager is far offset by the doubts and scepticism I have about the people running the club.

It's unfortunate for Butcher as it's not his fault but is the circumstances (in my eyes) he has inherited in joining us at this time.

I'm not even looking for him to immediately punch our (reported) weight and finish 4th next season in line with our budget , never mind over achieve.

A consistent brand of football (passing and movement) and a few proper footballers outwith the usual SPL suspects we have gone for the last few years will get me investing my time and money again. I don't believe that's an unrealistic expectation as I am looking for progress not the finished article.

Sorry... not following your logic. It's late and I'm old. :greengrin You're asking him (in whom you have faith) to work with one hand tied behind his back, so that the Board suffer? Is that what you mean?

Twa Cairpets
01-03-2014, 12:18 AM
Don't see what's bizarre about that post at all. Plenty more posts on here tonight to get dumbstruck about..

"Be better with less resource".
Bizarre logic

AL-Qaholik
01-03-2014, 12:19 AM
What a super notion......Then when the Club has hee-haw to spend on new players, we can moan like heck on here.......:rolleyes:

What was Butcher's budget at ICT?

What signs have there been that investing our hard earned money in STs has benefited the club?

Russ

Enough is enough!

Aye let's boycott and that's gonnae help the club eh? The guys been in the door 2 mins have a word wi yerself

Bronson
Overnight?? Really?? This has been going on for SIX YEARS!

But we're all aware that until next season we are in somewhat of a transition period until Butcher can clear out the dross and bring in his own team. A ST boycott is simply a ridiculous suggestion which would have no positive impact for anyone associated with the club.

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2014, 12:21 AM
What was Butcher's budget at ICT?

What signs have there been that investing our hard earned money in STs has benefited the club?

No idea what the ICT budget was, however, would it not be detrimental to Hibernian, if we all supported your suggestion?

Ken
01-03-2014, 12:25 AM
I've read page 1 and page 7 but some people on here don't have a clue where we are and where we need to go. We've tried quick fixes before but we need to leave TB to build his own team over a couple of seasons any then take it from there. I'll be backing him all the way, or any manager for that matter. GGTTH

Sir David Gray
01-03-2014, 12:26 AM
No idea what the ICT budget was, however, would it not be detrimental to Hibernian, if we all supported your suggestion?

I think the point being made is that he was a success on a shoestring budget at Inverness and other clubs like Motherwell are doing likewise, so surely even if we only get about 6-7,000 season ticket holders for next season, we should still look to do quite well.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2014, 12:28 AM
I think the point being made is that he was a success on a shoestring budget at Inverness and other clubs like Motherwell are doing likewise, so surely even if we only get about 6-7,000 season ticket holders for next season, we should still look to do quite well.

However, he advocated a complete boycott by ST holders. :greengrin

Pete
01-03-2014, 12:30 AM
If Terry can work wonders on a shoestring then imagine what he can do here with a decent budget.

The best way to fix it is to back him. Keep your boycotts to yourself please.

The Modfather
01-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Sorry... not following your logic. It's late and I'm old. :greengrin You're asking him (in whom you have faith) to work with one hand tied behind his back, so that the Board suffer? Is that what you mean?

Who said there was any logic to my rambles ;)

No, I have faith and hope in Butcher, given what he did at ICT. However I have no faith in those running the club, specifically the common denominator, Petrie and suspect if Butcher does succeed it might be, to an extent, despite them not because if them but that's another argument for another day.

Butcher worked miracles on a fraction of our budget at ICT. I want to see signs that the scouting network and type of player and brand if football at ICT wasn't a fluke or a one off. I've invested too much time and money in the mass clear outs and transitions to blindly invest in the new one. I have more faith that this one will work, but until I see signs (be it a gem from outwith the goldfish bowl our previous scouting "networks" shopped, or style of football - an example being the way Mowbray had us playing in a short period of time despite that team being far from the finished article and inconsistent) I'll continue to wait to see some progress before investing time and money consistently again.

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2014, 12:34 AM

Thanks CWG, saves me typing that:cb

lucky
01-03-2014, 12:35 AM
I support Hibs yes we are crap but for the 32 years I've been going we've been mostly. What's a boycott going achieve ? Hee Haw. Better encouraging fans to get a ST to give TB cash to spend next season

Stax
01-03-2014, 12:36 AM
"Be better with less resource".
Bizarre logic
Bizarre it may be but 5 teams above us on less resources kind of blows logic out the window.

givescotlandfreedom
01-03-2014, 12:37 AM
My more money TB has to spend they quicker we'll get rid of the rubbish and hopefully get in better replacements. Keeping money from the club only helps the opposition.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Thanks CWG, saves me typing that:cb

OK, OK.

I admit I didn't read every post properly! :greengrin

I think my general point still stands though, which is that a massive amount of season ticket holders doesn't necessarily mean that we'll outdo our rivals in terms of league position.

JOD
01-03-2014, 12:44 AM
Surely the answer is to buy a season ticket thereby giving the manager as much money as possible to improve the team. Cutting the cash available is going to make things even worse. :agree: :clapper:

Hero76
01-03-2014, 12:46 AM
Im just fed up.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2014, 12:50 AM
OK, OK.

I admit I didn't read every post properly! :greengrin

I think my general point still stands though, which is that a massive amount of season ticket holders doesn't necessarily mean that we'll outdo our rivals in terms of league position.

Nobody's saying that. Spending money is no guarantee of success.
Neither, however, is not spending it, , which is what the OP advocates.

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2014, 12:51 AM
People who are pro or anti boycott are missing the whole point. The club, through performances, organise either their own boycotts or enthusiastic participation.

Right now they've been organising boycotts, highly effectively, for half a decade.

AL-Qaholik
01-03-2014, 01:04 AM

No "he" hasn't. "He" had advocated a boycott by all but those who have enough disposable income to afford a season ticket regardless of performances.

These, currently, are the only season tickets this club deserves to sell based on performances over the last 6 or 7 years...

marinello59
01-03-2014, 01:07 AM
No "he" hasn't. "He" had advocated a boycott by all but those who have enough disposable income to afford a season ticket regardless of performances.

These, currently, are the only season tickets this club deserves to sell based on performances over the last 6 or 7 years...

I'm just in but give me an hour or so to have a few drinks and I might manage to understand what you mean. I'm not sure if I am supposed to be boycotting or not.:greengrin

O'Rourke3
01-03-2014, 01:18 AM

Tonight was without doubt a p*sh poor performance. I thought maybe Calderwood had returned for his birthday or something.. first thread read was this one. LTYF methinks. But wait, if you have disposable income buy a ST if you don't, dont. ....... What if you are not sure, what if you are sure you want one but undecided if you have enough disposable income? What if you have no disposable income but want a season ticket? I'm not sure if you are currently in the "I'm never going back" or the "Never going back until ******** is emptied"
5 Pages already, well done for the fishing trip.

Greencore
01-03-2014, 01:42 AM
So glad I didn't spend the £30 bus fair from Ayr or the £20 a ticket and £10 odd for food at the hibs game tonight not to mention the 3 hr journey! Far too much money to spend.

marleyhib
01-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Support TB by buying a ST if you can afford it. If you cbfa then gtf.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-03-2014, 03:50 AM

In a league without Rangers & Hearts 4th is the best we can expect if we punch our weight??

Hamish
01-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Folk might not boycott but might wait to see what division we would be playing in next season:cb

sven nil
01-03-2014, 06:45 AM
What would be your alternative strategy? play the youngsters the walk ups would pay for them, or we could squander the season book money on low quality players like we have done for years

Twa Cairpets
01-03-2014, 07:57 AM
play the youngsters the walk ups would pay for them, or we could squander the season book money on low quality players like we have done for years

Really? Working well at the PBS isn't it?

Onion
01-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Formal boycott of STs is a daft idea but many will vote with their feet for good, logical reasons. People can only take so much.

8000 Yams are paying money into a DD scheme simply to save their club. Maybe Hibs should have offered something similar in the ST Packs for those who want to continue supporting the club, but can no longer stomach watching utter dross every two weeks. I'd consider paying not to watch Hibs :cb

clerriehibs
01-03-2014, 09:08 AM

You just want the poor to stay away? It's a funny old game.

Mikey
01-03-2014, 09:10 AM
It's interesting that some are using ICT as an example of a club with fewer resources that is doing much better than Hibs. Their results have fallen off and they're slipping down the table since Terry Butcher left there. Does that tell you anything?

Anyway, this is my last post on the subject as we could be doing this until 9th August :greengrin

Anyone who chooses to withdraw their financial support of the club is damaging the chances of a quick recovery. I know some people can't afford it and that's another issue altogether, but if you can afford a season ticket but don't get one as some sort of protest then you're not helping.

Over and out :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Last night has got to be the best negative marketing campaign ever devised, even a Jambo supporting PR executive out to scupper Hibs ST campaign couldn't have planned it better. If Carlsberg did lets **** their ST sales campaign events, last night would have been their best ever :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2014, 09:17 AM

Apologies if I have your gender wrong.

Your opening post was "I urge every Hibs fan to refrain from buying a season ticket" . Every.

EVENTUALLY
01-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Last night has got to be the best negative marketing campaign ever devised, even a Jambo supporting PR executive out to scupper Hibs ST campaign couldn't have planned it better. If Carlsberg did lets **** their ST sales campaign events, last night would have been their best ever :greengrin

As well as the on going automated turnstile shambles. How to piss off your existing customers on every level.....see Board, Manager and Players.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 09:54 AM
As well as the on going automated turnstile shambles. How to piss off your existing customers on every level.....see Board, Manager and Players.

What's wrong with the turnstiles? Easy to use and trouble free for me every time in the West.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Here's a new idea, STF put your money into the club and give it the kind of money 10k season tickets would add up to.

Take back what we actually put in as season ticket holders and actually lead the club instead of just sitting back and letting the club whither.

Maybe just maybe after 6 years of watching this club go backwards, this kind of leadership would show us the supporters you really are running the club for us, rather than as i think just having us exist.

STF will put money in at the end of every season we have struggled, why not for a change put it in at the beginning and give us a better chance of success then?

I know this will not be popular, but what the ****. :yawn:

Col2
01-03-2014, 10:04 AM
We all need a break and the team needs an overhaul. Im as fed up as anyone but a Rangers type protest is going to kill us.

Big changes in summer. Renew if you can, dont if you cant. The protest approach is just going to damage the club and give Butcher a smaller budget. He deserves our support given what he has taken over.

#FromTheCapital
01-03-2014, 10:06 AM
What a shocking thread. Hey everybody lets starve the club of money and support, surely that'll make us better.

Steve20
01-03-2014, 10:09 AM
Didn't get a season ticket this season. But will defo get one for next season.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 10:10 AM
What a shocking thread. Hey everybody lets starve the club of money and support, surely that'll make us better.

Yes because blindly throwing our money at the club year after year for yet another rebuilding has really made us better so let's keep it up eh!

Mikey09
01-03-2014, 10:14 AM
This place is hysterical sometimes... A few wins and we're world beaters and in terry we trust!!!! A few defeats and it's ST boycotts, butcher is average, Petrie gtf and where's the money farmer??!! Calm the **** down eh....

#FromTheCapital
01-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Yes because blindly throwing our money at the club year after year for yet another rebuilding has really made us better so let's keep it up eh!

And doing the opposite is going to make things better how exactly? For the first time in years we have a proven manager at this level, so why pick this year to withdraw support?

Jonnyboy
01-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Here's a new idea, STF put your money into the club and give it the kind of money 10k season tickets would add up to.

Take back what we actually put in as season ticket holders and actually lead the club instead of just sitting back and letting the club whither.

Maybe just maybe after 6 years of watching this club go backwards, this kind of leadership would show us the supporters you really are running the club for us, rather than as i think just having us exist.

STF will put money in at the end of every season we have struggled, why not for a change put it in at the beginning and give us a better chance of success then?

It's not a new idea though G. It's been said before and it is abundantly clear that STF will do no such thing

Ringothedog
01-03-2014, 10:18 AM

And what is your alternative ? It is really easy to be negative(a bit like politicians in opposition). I will listen to any options you have that will make Hibernian better at a lesser cost to me.

While I am waiting I am off to purchase my ST for next season :tbgwa:

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 10:20 AM
And doing the opposite is going to make things better how exactly? For the first time in years we have a proven manager at this level, so why pick this year to withdraw support?

Because my patience has finally run out after years of watching ****** with a promise of it being better next year.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 10:22 AM
And what is your alternative ? It is really easy to be negative(a bit like politicians in opposition). I will listen to any options you have that will make Hibernian better at a lesser cost to me.

While I am waiting I am off to purchase my ST for next season :tbgwa:

My alternative is not to renew and continue watching the same ****** I have been watching for years. Quite simple really.

#FromTheCapital
01-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Because my patience has finally run out after years of watching ****** with a promise of it being better next year.

Fair enough, supporting hibs is tough at times so this is understandable. Still a shocking thread though.

Ringothedog
01-03-2014, 10:37 AM
My alternative is not to renew and continue watching the same ****** I have been watching for years. Quite simple really.

I was hoping for something more radical from you but heh ho!

I have been watching Hibs for over 40 years and if you think this is pish then you are not even close:greengrin

ps ST now purchased

EVENTUALLY
01-03-2014, 10:56 AM
What's wrong with the turnstiles? Easy to use and trouble free for me every time in the West.

You've been exceptionally lucky. Last night was the worst yet, at one stage 3 of the 4 turnstiles available to me were "locked out" and queues were 20 deep.

eggbamyasi
01-03-2014, 10:59 AM

Totally agree . To not buy season tickets is such a stupid idea , its the only way we can really support the NEW manager to turn things round he need the money to make hibs better its not rocket science ! The OP makes no sense at all , what is he suggesting that we boycott to get butcher sacked lol . Hes not even had half a season ....... we all knew that this season was going to be just finishing as best we can with a disjointed squad made up by a previous unsuccessful manager . Next season is so important that we all get behind the new team . With new signings and help butcher and co sort us out . If by the end of next season were as ***** or worse then we move to show we want change . Untill then we support our team and new managment with everything we got . Was at the game last night and we were poor . Which tbh was to be expected because dundee utd are a really good side flying pretty high in league . Wish we had been better but we all know were poor at the momment . To moan about performance is fine , to complain about players performances is fine . But to demand boycotts and act as if the world has ended is mental and makes some look like idiots imo . Also I get people booing at final whistle (I dont personally jist leave annoyed / disapointed ) but to start booing every time our players passed the ball to each other like some did after utds third goal was ****ing disgraceful . What way is that to act towards your own team. .moan / boo / complain after final whistle but to boo each pass must affect things at home . I really beleive fans reactions at home affect our players performances .
I will be getting four season tickets for next season totally beleive given support butcher will make us quality side . Ggth

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 11:04 AM
I was hoping for something more radical from you but heh ho!

I have been watching Hibs for over 40 years and if you think this is pish then you are not even close:greengrin

24 years since my first game so I have tried. :greengrin

poolman
01-03-2014, 11:09 AM

Enough is enough!

Please don't tell other people what to do

You can do what you want

Urging people not to buy a season ticket is absolute bollox :rolleyes:

jakeshibs
01-03-2014, 11:11 AM

Enough is enough!

Are you for real? that action will damage our beloved club, the only way we can improve is to invest in our team, we should be encouraging as many people as possibly to purchase season tickets, together we are stronger. we are Hibs

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 11:14 AM
We can't stop giving the club money, otherwise we'll be stuck with the same dross.

Instead, fork your hard earned cash over and watch as we replace dross with other dross.

O'Rourke3
01-03-2014, 11:14 AM
24 years since my first game so I have tried. :greengrin

If you'd murdered your Mrs you'd be out by now :greengrin

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Are you for real? that action will damage our beloved club, the only way we can improve is to invest in our team, we should be encouraging as many people as possibly to purchase season tickets, together we are stronger. we are Hibs

That theme failed us. Now we have moved on to the whole army thing. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Totally agree . To not buy season tickets is such a stupid idea , its the only way we can really support the NEW manager to turn things round he need the money to make hibs better its not rocket science ! The OP makes no sense at all , what is he suggesting that we boycott to get butcher sacked lol . Hes not even had half a season ....... we all knew that this season was going to be just finishing as best we can with a disjointed squad made up by a previous unsuccessful manager . Next season is so important that we all get behind the new team . With new signings and help butcher and co sort us out . If by the end of next season were as ***** or worse then we move to show we want change . Untill then we support our team and new managment with everything we got . Was at the game last night and we were poor . Which tbh was to be expected because dundee utd are a really good side flying pretty high in league . Wish we had been better but we all know were poor at the momment . To moan about performance is fine , to complain about players performances is fine . But to demand boycotts and act as if the world has ended is mental and makes some look like idiots imo . Also I get people booing at final whistle (I dont personally jist leave annoyed / disapointed ) but to start booing every time our players passed the ball to each other like some did after utds third goal was ****ing disgraceful . What way is that to act towards your own team. .moan / boo / complain after final whistle but to boo each pass must affect things at home . I really beleive fans reactions at home affect our players performances .
I will be getting four season tickets for next season totally beleive given support butcher will make us quality side . Ggth

Everyone has a decision to make, making a decision not to buy one is not stupid at all! Fans of football keep on spending money season after season and unlike any other form of entertainment they continue to return even when they are not enjoying what they are seeing. For many people patience finally runs out and they give up. I fully appreciate "born to" Hibs supporters may feel differently but as an "adoptive" supporter of 24 years I just can't convince myself to renew.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 11:19 AM
If you'd murdered your Mrs you'd be out by now :greengrin

And that sentence would have been easier to serve. :greengrin

eggbamyasi
01-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Everyone has a decision to make, making a decision not to buy one is not stupid at all! Fans of football keep on spending money season after season and unlike any other form of entertainment they continue to return even when they are not enjoying what they are seeing. For many people patience finally runs out and they give up. I fully appreciate "born to" Hibs supporters may feel differently but as an "adoptive" supporter of 24 years I just can't convince myself to renew.

Ok I understand where you are coming from being an adoptive supporter. I was just meaning to actually suggest a boycott as the op was :-D

Sylar
01-03-2014, 11:34 AM
6 pages of minimal mass hysteria being shouted down by some very sensible and courteous posters.

Investment for the past 6-7 years has stabilised the club and kept us from being caught up in the mass financial implosion in Scottish football, where more and more clubs are struggling. Investment for the past 6-7 years has put us in an excellent position now to move forward with a very respectable management team who have proven capability to turn teams into winning teams.

Remove the income, tie the management's hands and reduce the ability to replace what you see on the park before you - or, is it simply a case of following The Rangers' or Hearts business models and spend what we don't have? Because that worked out so well for them...

Butcher didn't piss away the money the past management teams had and didn't invest in any of the current squad beyond a few loan deals. Give the man a chance to do what he did at Inverness and make some sensible investments and improve the team to one befitting the foundations that have been laid over a long period of time, safe in the knowledge that unlike those clubs who spent money they didn't have, we're not staring down into the abyss wondering whether or not we'll have a team to support in the coming years.

Geo_1875
01-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Deciding not to renew your own ST is perfectly acceptable. Actively encouraging others not to renew amounts to sabotaging the club we all claim to support. Why would anybody do that?

Northernhibee
01-03-2014, 11:41 AM
We really do get what we deserve sometimes.

number 27
01-03-2014, 12:50 PM

Fantastic, that really hits the nail on the head. One or two people say something you don't agree with on a messageboard so that means that the support as a whole deserve years of failure and downright embarrassment.

I'm afraid to say I heard some booing and swearing at the game, I suppose that means we deserve to be relegated?

Beefster
01-03-2014, 12:53 PM

You've got this mildly irritating habit of making generalisations about the Hibs support. You really don't like us much, do you?

Edit: the previous poster has already made the point.

pedroorange1875
01-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Purchased season ticket yesterday with the money put aside for season 14/15 and I must say the graphics are fantastic Fifa 14 looks amazing on the big screen. I have also looked at the xbox one but the PS4 is better. And there was a bit of entertainment felt unlike the garbage that was on offer last night and the previous 6/7 years.

Last straw finally last night. Walk up will do me fine

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Deciding not to renew your own ST is perfectly acceptable. Actively encouraging others not to renew amounts to sabotaging the club we all claim to support. Why would anybody do that?

Bang on IMO. And burn those witches.

Ringothedog
01-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Purchased season ticket yesterday with the money put aside for season 14/15 and I must say the graphics are fantastic Fifa 14 looks amazing on the big screen. I have also looked at the xbox one but the PS4 is better. And there was a bit of entertainment felt unlike the garbage that was on offer last night and the previous 6/7 years.

Your money, your choice

Ringothedog
01-03-2014, 01:16 PM

This sums it up perfectly for me.

I thought we were dreadful last night against a slightly better than average Dundee Utd............BUT I still think that the future will be bright with the right man in charge and that man is Terry Butcher. I would ask all fans to renew and also to try and get lapsed fans back into the fold. I appreciate that results like last night do not help but for the first time in years I really believe that we are on the brink of something special.

Onwards and upwards

:flag::flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Ok I propose (before the referendum obviously) a half time game of British bulldogs to settle the issue.

Every one that's with Terry form a line with the non-believers, sceptics and the nihilists on the opposite side. One by one the anti's take on the pros led from the front by Terry backed up by Tam McCourt and the rest. Those that don't make it to the other side get a right shoeing and a training session with Gary Locke and Billy strugglin'.

Those that make it to th other side have a mass scrap to determine - by last man standing - who has had to put up with the most for the longest. The winner is then appointed director of football with enforced weekly meetings with the fans to explain why from week to week the rebuild is not bearing fruit and why future investment makes sense due to previous years sunk cost.

pedroorange1875
01-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Your money, your choice

true but the difference now is, that before I never really had a choice. I've just had enough and cant take it anymore

marinello59
01-03-2014, 01:25 PM
You've got this mildly irritating habit of making generalisations about the Hibs support. You really don't like us much, do you?

I reckon the entire Hibs support would agree with that. :agree:

lucky
01-03-2014, 01:26 PM
I go to the games and hope Hibs win. But it's not the be all and end all. I meet my mates in the Hibs club before the game have a blether and a couple drinks. We then all go to the games, all sit in our seats, cheer, moan, argue about our team and the refs. It's a social occasion. Anyone who supports Hibs and expects to win more than we lose is kidding themselves on. For the 34 years I've been going to the games we have generally been average. I've seen us win 2 League cups and few away trips in Europe. Yes it pisses me off that we are a poor side in a poor league but FFS for Hibs fans to be calling for a boycott of ST's on a fans website, that just handed over £10000 to the club, is beyond belief. In my opinion it's unacceptable and I would ban the clown behind his ridiculous attempt at sabotaging our club. Rather than calling for a ban more should sign up and maybe our manager might have a chance of bringing in better players.

Ringothedog
01-03-2014, 01:28 PM
true but the difference now is, that before I never really had a choice. I've just had enough and cant take it anymore

IF you have previously bought a season ticket then you have always had a choice unless of course you are now old enough to buy your own.

Jones28
01-03-2014, 01:46 PM

To put it lightly

The Harp
01-03-2014, 01:51 PM
I go to the games and hope Hibs win. But it's not the be all and end all. I meet my mates in the Hibs club before the game have a blether and a couple drinks. We then all go to the games, all sit in our seats, cheer, moan, argue about our team and the refs. It's a social occasion. Anyone who supports Hibs and expects to win more than we lose is kidding themselves on. For the 34 years I've been going to the games we have generally been average. I've seen us win 2 League cups and few away trips in Europe. Yes it pisses me off that we are a poor side in a poor league but FFS for Hibs fans to be calling for a boycott of ST's on a fans website, that just handed over £10000 to the club, is beyond belief. In my opinion it's unacceptable and I would ban the clown behind his ridiculous attempt at sabotaging our club. Rather than calling for a ban more should sign up and maybe our manager might have a chance of bringing in better players.

Give yourself a pat on the back Lucky, you're spot on!:aok:

Waxy
01-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Good post by lucky.Me? I'm happy to wait and see where we are this time next year.In the mean time, things could be alot worse. Look over the road.

basehibby
01-03-2014, 02:39 PM

Enough is enough!

You are either a complete idiot or a Yam interloper on the wind up.

Cameron1875
01-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Only renewing because I can still get student ST. Once that is no longer an option then it'll just be walk ups for me.

seven nowt
01-03-2014, 03:35 PM

Haven't we been doing this for the last 6 years? Only to watch us play *****?

Saorsa
01-03-2014, 03:49 PM
I missed yesterday's game because it was moved but judging by this board today it was pretty horrific. Another performance or two like that and there'll be nae need tae organise any kind of boycott I would imagine.

Dinnae agree with the idea, it's up tae the individual whether they renew or not, some will, others will have had enough of year on year of what have turned out tae be empty promises of give us your money and we'll improve things.

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 03:56 PM
I missed yesterday's game because it was moved but judging by this board today it was pretty horrific. Another performance or two like that and there'll be nae need tae organise any kind of boycott I would imagine.

:agree:

Overall, our attendances are steadily declining. The only reason this season and last season haven't been too bad, is due to the cup finals.

The Hibs board don't have that luxery this time and will be in for a bit of a shock when they witness a steep decrease in ST sales.

RIP Bestie
01-03-2014, 04:01 PM

Enough is enough!

Count me out of this drivel. If you want to walk away, please yourself. I'm not 100% convinced about Butcher but it's clear that he knows the players aren't good enough. He has said as much and he has said people will be leaving. I'm all for people giving opinions but to try to encourage a mass protest is nonsense I'm afraid. Everyone has the right to buy a ST or choose not to and I would not question anyone's decision about what they wanted to do with their money, but this really is a ludicrous suggestion.

ahibby
01-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Considering we haven't (the fans) give TB any season ticket money to speak of, it's daft to suggest we shouldn't. I will and if I don't see an improvement next season when he has his own team (more or less), then I might not again. Next season's failure if there is one could be down to fans like the op who won't give TB a chance to spend our cash.

Hibbyradge
01-03-2014, 04:27 PM

Enough is enough!

That's either a monumental

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/264/doc-kick.gif

Or you're a

http://imdiversity.com/wp-content/uploads/WholeYam1.jpg

Either way it's nonsense.

TheGreenMan
01-03-2014, 04:29 PM
I was there last night. It was bad, really bad.

Its been bad for a while now but I've just renewed me +1 for next season.

I'm a Hibs supporter, i live in hope that the next season will be a good one. Everyone must have known that when TB came in he wasnt going to do any major surgery until this summer with everyone being out of contract.

With Hearts and Rangers out of the league next year, we've got to support TB to get in his 1st choice players. He has a proven record of signing quality players for our league, much more so than any of Fenlon, Calderwood, Yogi, Mixu, or Collins. He is the guy we all (most of us) wanted, so surely he is the guy we all should be getting behind.

I do agree that this time with TB, it has GOT to work. For too long we have suffered deadwood and a crazy amount of player turnover due to poor management but nothing can happen till he gets rid of the ones he no longer wants.

Its £20 a game at full price with better deals available for Kids/Students/OAPs etc, interest free payment plan available that Hibs cover. Kick off times are moved around, its not ideal for some but that's modern football, there is nothing you can do about it these days, its how the world works now, its time people moved on and accepted its part and parcel of the game now.

I dont think prices or kick off times would matter whatsoever if we were playing well and winning most games, people would find the £20 or make suitable arrangements where possible to make the games. Instead of having a half empty stadium every week, If we actually sold 16k+ season tickets which with our fan base is possible then we would have a far better team on the pitch. If people cant make it for family or work reasons then fair enough but trying to get people not to go just because you're in a huff is ******ed if what you ultimately want is success for Hibs.

:tbgwa:

GREEN WARLORD
01-03-2014, 04:32 PM
TB needs money to strengthen the squad and get the players he thinks can do a job for Hibs, not previous managers duds. Season tickets will be getting purchased on Monday for me and my son for Terry's fighting fund. GGTHH

Ronniekirk
01-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Considering we haven't (the fans) give TB any season ticket money to speak of, it's daft to suggest we shouldn't. I will and if I don't see an improvement next season when he has his own team (more or less), then I might not again. Next season's failure if there is one could be down to fans like the op who won't give TB a chance to spend our cash.
Yep the classic Catch 22 situation .We all seemed happy with the appointment of the new management team and knew it probably came with a price tag that would curtail the January transfer activity . having calmed the jets today I will follow through and buy season ticket and encourage my son to do likewise If we don't then we not recover and get stuck in bottom six Do we really want that as last few years have been dreadfull..However agree there needs to be a big improvement next Season or people will think twice before renewing or buying one next season

Malthibby
01-03-2014, 04:37 PM
I was there last night. It was bad, really bad.

Its been bad for a while now but I've just renewed me +1 for next season.

I'm a Hibs supporter, i live in hope that the next season will be a good one. Everyone must have known that when TB came in he wasnt going to do any major surgery until this summer with everyone being out of contract.

With Hearts and Rangers out of the league next year, we've got to support TB to get in his 1st choice players. He has a proven record of signing quality players for our league, much more so than any of Fenlon, Calderwood, Yogi, Mixu, or Collins. He is the guy we all (most of us) wanted, so surely he is the guy we all should be getting behind.

I do agree that this time with TB, it has GOT to work. For too long we have suffered deadwood and a crazy amount of player turnover due to poor management but nothing can happen till he gets rid of the ones he no longer wants.

Its £20 a game at full price with better deals available for Kids/Students/OAPs etc, interest free payment plan available that Hibs cover. Kick off times are moved around, its not ideal for some but that's modern football, there is nothing you can do about it these days, its how the world works now, its time people moved on and accepted its part and parcel of the game now.

I dont think prices or kick off times would matter whatsoever if we were playing well and winning most games, people would find the £20 or make suitable arrangements where possible to make the games. Instead of having a half empty stadium every week, If we actually sold 16k+ season tickets which with our fan base is possible then we would have a far better team on the pitch. If people cant make it for family or work reasons then fair enough but trying to get people not to go just because you're in a huff is ******ed if what you ultimately want is success for Hibs.

:tbgwa:

What he said.
Cutting off the oxygen to save the patient is a little contra-indicative. I shall boycott the boycott & renew.
GG

Keith_M
01-03-2014, 04:43 PM

Enough is enough!

To what end? Could you actually state what you hope to achieve?

:confused:

Twa Cairpets
01-03-2014, 04:46 PM
You are either a complete idiot or a Yam interloper on the wind up.

The two options you list are not necessarily mutually exclusive...

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2014, 04:48 PM

So did you purchase a ST or not?:confused:

Salisbury Hibby
01-03-2014, 04:49 PM
A Season Ticket doesn't make sense for me as I'm hardly ever in Edinburgh. I have my Hibernians and Hibs TV subscription, but is there a scheme I can support the first team financially?

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Wonder what the folks from the Hands off Hibs committee would make of this

jakeshibs
01-03-2014, 05:48 PM

well said totally agree!!

lord bunberry
01-03-2014, 05:59 PM
A Season Ticket doesn't make sense for me as I'm hardly ever in Edinburgh. I have my Hibernians and Hibs TV subscription, but is there a scheme I can support the first team financially?

Kicks for kids or Leigh lynx

Salisbury Hibby
01-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Do you mean "Leith Links"? I must say "Leigh Lynx" made me laugh. Is he into Cougars these days.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 06:05 PM
A boycott is a bad idea.

chrisski33
01-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Enough is enough!

:blah:
see ya then!

:bye:

lord bunberry
01-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Do you mean "Leith Links"? I must say "Leigh Lynx" made me laugh. Is he into Cougars these days.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Sorry my tablet auto corrects words, it's a pain sometimes. :greengrin:

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2014, 06:38 PM
A season ticket boycott ........ really ?

How the hell is that going to help the club improve on the current situation. I'm as pissed off as everybody else at last nights frankly pathetic effort and even more pissed off at the 6 year long on field nosedive the club has taken.

But Terry Butcher needs at the barest minimum a whole season to show that he can at least take the team in the right direction ... its mental to judge him on what happens before he has even had a chance to put his stamp on the team. Thats the part he has to play in the future of the club.

My big worry for Terry Butcher is that above him in the boardroom we have a bunch of people who are out of ideas .... The latest season ticket promotion is as clear evidence of that as its possible to get. "Recruiting for Terry Butcher's Green & White army" ... Camouflage envelopes!!! I mean ffs only a small minority of the Hibs support is under 10 years old, do they really think that reasonably well educated adults are going to rush to buy season tickets on the back of this frankly childish pish.

I mean to say. I can accept the Hibernian family stuff from the club, even though at times it borders on patronising .... but this style of campaign tells me that in the view of the board the clubs supporters are in the main a bunch of simpletons who can only be persuaded to get on board by treating them like children. Perhaps they should make Sunshine the Leith Lynx assistant manager.

I presume they also have final responsibility for the club shop .... which is as bereft of its Hibs identity as it has ever been. The guy who sets up his wee stall at the railings outside the church from time to time has a far superior range of scarves and stuff than the shop does :faf:

I will renew because of my love for Hibs and a never ending hope for better times which quite frankly flies in the face of my assertion that I'm a reasonably intelligent person.

And of course I simply couldnt end a rant against the board without going right to the top. I would love this club to have an owner who is much more involved in a financial sense when it comes to putting a decent team on the pitch than the current incumbent .... If you want to own a football club do what football club owners are supposed to do and have an input which has an impact on the clubs on field performance. If a clubs owner cant recognize that the be all and end all is success on the park then quite frankly he shoudnt be a football club owner.

I have a wallet deficit of about £45 and 97.3 more miles on the cars clock from last nights game. I also have a partner who, in spite of a reasonable attempt to hide the fact, is a bit pissed off that I spent my 54th birthday at Easter Road rather than going out for a nice meal with her. For better or worse, stupid or not .... its proof of my commitment to Hibs, which is what the club never stops asking us for.

Perhaps its time somebody sent a camouflage envelope to teflon Tom.

EastCalderHibby
01-03-2014, 06:58 PM

:top marks I care about hibs so me and my son WILL be keeping my good seat in the east :tbgwa: :flag::flag:

TrinityHibs
01-03-2014, 08:05 PM
I've missed the last two games. One because I thought we were away and Friday because it was Friday. I'll renew not because of TB but because I like being surrounded by Hibees and Tesco is dire on a Saturday afternoon. I like the chat, the misguided enthusiasm and the occasional result that makes it all worthwhile. New Year with 20k at ER was worth my ST on its own.:flag::flag::flag:

erin go bragh
01-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Sniff sniff . Boycott ! Aye right .that will help us . Wrong board op .

Ggtth

TornadoHibby
02-03-2014, 11:32 AM
I might see the point if Butcher had been here 18 months..... but surely not at the start of his first full season.

Opinions eh? :wink:

Barrabus
02-03-2014, 01:41 PM
If you're a genuine Hibs fan and you can afford it then buy one - I certainly will be. The only reason that you should not buy one is if you cannot afford to - which would be totally acceptable. The other arguments are weak and not worth a response. It's difficult watching Hibs at times but withdrawing your financial support is definitely not the answer.

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2014, 03:26 PM
If you're a genuine Hibs fan and you can afford it then buy one - I certainly will be. The only reason that you should not buy one is if you cannot afford to - which would be totally acceptable. The other arguments are weak and not worth a response. It's difficult watching Hibs at times but withdrawing your financial support is definitely not the answer.

I can afford one, but you have more chance of biting your own arse than me buying one. The amount of games that are changed, and the amount of crap i have watched, has made me make the decision that i can't be bothered buying a ticket anymore, i just can't be arsed making the effort.

I hope we sell plenty and i hope we improve, but understand just why folk are not going so much these days.

Keith_M
02-03-2014, 03:32 PM
I can afford one, but you have more chance of biting your own arse than me buying one. The amount of games that are changed, and the amount of crap i have watched, has made me make the decision that i can't be bothered buying a ticket anymore, i just can't be arsed making the effort.

I hope we sell plenty and i hope we improve, but understand just why folk are not going so much these days.

I think that's fair comment.

I'd love to see Hibs sell 10,000 STs for the coming season, to give TB the funds to make the required squad changes, but no-one can be blamed for not renewing their STS; given the constant changing of dates/times, added to the poor fair we've seen in the last 5 or 6 years.

IMHO, I can't see Hibs selling more than 7,000. Maybe even less.

Sudds_1
02-03-2014, 03:32 PM

......a manager, who given his great previous track record, needs as much of a chance (and budget) as his predecessors.............

Saorsa
02-03-2014, 03:38 PM
If you're a genuine Hibs fan and you can afford it then buy one - I certainly will be. The only reason that you should not buy one is if you cannot afford to - which would be totally acceptable. The other arguments are weak and not worth a response. It's difficult watching Hibs at times but withdrawing your financial support is definitely not the answer.Posts like that one are just as bad as other folk telling other folk no tae buy them. Who the **** are you decide who is or isnae a genuine Hibs fan? There are valid reasons for folk no tae buy one whether they can afford it or not.

Pretty Boy
02-03-2014, 03:44 PM
No way would I support a ST boycott.

It's up to the individual if they cans spare the cash to buy one. What Hibs have to be aware of is that another year of this absolute pish will make it harder once again to justify the outlay.

I really can't justify it but renewed anyway because I'm a bit of a mug tbh.

If other choose not to renew or buy I totally understand but encouraging others to starve the club of one of it's biggest revenue streams isn't for me.

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2014, 03:48 PM
I think that's fair comment.

I'd love to see Hibs sell 10,000 STs for the coming season, to give TB the funds to make the required squad changes, but no-one can be blamed for not renewing their STS; given the constant changing of dates/times, added to the poor fair we've seen in the last 5 or 6 years.

IMHO, I can't see Hibs selling more than 7,000. Maybe even less.

If STF showed some leadership and put the money up front for 10k season tickets, and let Terry have that money early enough to make some decent signings, then in my opinion it would show me we were being ambitious.

I dont see ambition, i just see a board lacking in ideas who plod on from one disaster after another.

Its time for them to show leadership in my opinion, or more and more people will feel the way i and others do.

tamig
02-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Can't believe this thread has grown so long as the OP doesn't really merit a response. However, I think you've summed things up quite nicely.

greenpaper55
02-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Posts like that one are just as bad as other folk telling other folk no tae buy them. Who the **** are you decide who is or isnae a genuine Hibs fan? There are valid reasons for folk no tae buy one whether they can afford it or not.

:top marksRight on, a fan who walks up to home games is just as much a true supporter as one who buys a ST.

Vini1875
02-03-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm buying a ST, even if I miss a few games. I live in hope more than expectation that TB will turn things around. I do understand the pessimism as we are hard to watch at the moment. I wouldn't even consider a boycott as in any way useful.

cmcd
02-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Its not happening for him just now but he will get it right with his players. Your over reaction is laughable as is your strategy on how to fix things. You boycott away mate just don't ask others to join your one man army..... Don't let the door skelp your arse on the way out..... :aok:

Nice one Mikey Having supported Hibs for almost 60 years i can tell you that there have been far worse sides than this one TB and MM have to be given time to get things right Sacking managers every 5mins is not the answer and neither is a boycott

judas
02-03-2014, 07:36 PM

And starving the club of funds is genius. Well done mate.

HibeeHutch
02-03-2014, 10:49 PM
I don't understand your reaction at all. I mean I can understand your frustration but you do realize Butcher is just in the job.

Read between the lines. Butcher is a positive coach and he has to continue to say positive things about these players (although that has sightly changed recently - but only slightly) to try and get the best out of them this season.

They are not his players. Mark my words, most of these players will not be at ER next season. Butcher knows that. I'm glad they have shown the inconsistency that we are all familiar with. It would have been a travesty if they had sneaked their way into his plans for next season by masquerading as football players for a few games. In my opinion this is a good thing - Butcher knows exactly how useless some of these players are but he has to get the best out of them right now.

I don't agree that yesterday was the worst we have played. I watched the whole game and their were patches of decent play in the first half. I have seen far more terrible performances under Fenlon etc.

Terry will get it right - just not this season under existing circumstances.

Salisbury Hibby
03-03-2014, 07:05 AM
So did you purchase a ST or not?:confused:

I think he's in two (at least) minds.

Captain Trips
03-03-2014, 08:43 AM
The best marketing Hibs can ever do is have a team that when you go to games you actually think you will win or play really well.

I haven't felt like that in years, I do not believe I am asking for a great deal here for Hibs to compete. Yet again another shocking SPL finish on the cards.I have given Hibs plenty of money over past few seasons while in middle of the bad football and its been a waste, I am not giving Hibs money anymore as I really just do not care anymore. I cannot even tell you our first 11 anymore.

Waxy
03-03-2014, 09:44 AM
I think we should boycott boycotts

Phil MaGlass
03-03-2014, 10:27 AM
If STF showed some leadership and put the money up front for 10k season tickets, and let Terry have that money early enough to make some decent signings, then in my opinion it would show me we were being ambitious.

I dont see ambition, i just see a board lacking in ideas who plod on from one disaster after another.

Its time for them to show leadership in my opinion, or more and more people will feel the way i and others do.

This wee bit, put the money up front, get the fans excited with a couple of signings, its not rocket science, but, I do think we will sign some good players in the close season, no worries.We really do need a couple of good signings to get the ball rolling and the ST,s sold.

lucky
03-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Interesting that some want STF put his cash up but they are not willing to do the same and buy a ST. I do love irony

IWasThere2016
03-03-2014, 10:53 AM

:top marks

It's not a new idea though G. It's been said before and it is abundantly clear that STF will do no such thing

So, we change nothing - and nothing changes...

blackpoolhibs
03-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Interesting that some want STF put his cash up but they are not willing to do the same and buy a ST. I do love irony

I'd like him to show some leadership by doing this, the club have asked us and asked us for more and more money while under their leadership delivered some of the worst football managed by some of the worst managers in my lifetime of supporting the club.

Blind loyalty does not work for me anymore, i gave up giving them my season ticket money last season, and until i see them take the club by the scruff of the neck, and drive it forward with some ambition, and what i suggest would fit that description, then i wont be getting another season ticket.

If you think this is ironic, then thats up to you. I personally am sick to the back teeth of giving and giving, only to be served crap. Although the club will point to a shiny new stadium and a lovely training centre, well my seat and plenty others is empty.

Now thats ironic.

The Harp Awakes
03-03-2014, 12:23 PM
I understand the frustration of Hibs fans. Year on year we seem to be re-building and the Club appears rudderless.

However, a boycott of season tickets would make things worse. We have no other option than backing the Manager and giving him the opportunity to improve our fortunes next season.

IWasThere2016
03-03-2014, 12:47 PM
I'd like him to show some leadership by doing this, the club have asked us and asked us for more and more money while under their leadership delivered some of the worst football managed by some of the worst managers in my lifetime of supporting the club.

Blind loyalty does not work for me anymore, i gave up giving them my season ticket money last season, and until i see them take the club by the scruff of the neck, and drive it forward with some ambition, and what i suggest would fit that description, then i wont be getting another season ticket.

If you think this is ironic, then thats up to you. I personally am sick to the back teeth of giving and giving, only to be served crap. Although the club will point to a shiny new stadium and a lovely training centre, well my seat and plenty others is empty.

Now thats ironic.

This - bar the ST bits :wink: :greengrin

I understand the frustration of Hibs fans. Year on year we seem to be re-building and the Club appears rudderless.

However, a boycott of season tickets would make things worse. We have no other option than backing the Manager and giving him the opportunity to improve our fortunes next season.

How do you know that?

A drop in STs might be the catalyst for STF to act .. He may put money in, or remove RP or recruit agents to find a buyer for the club etc..

We don't know what would happen but folks are sick of the same auld same auld as it has been for seasons now..

greenpaper55
03-03-2014, 12:51 PM

Now thats ironic.

:top marksSpot on but i don't think it would matter how we play to the board, the cloth will be cut so that we do not run up any more debt which seems to me to be the whole reason now for the club to be in existence.

Bronson
03-03-2014, 02:44 PM
How anyone can expect STF to pump his money into hibs is beyond me. The guy isn't a football man, never mind a hibs man, he saved us from our darkest hour and I am forever grateful to him for that.

Barrabus
03-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Posts like that one are just as bad as other folk telling other folk no tae buy them. Who the **** are you decide who is or isnae a genuine Hibs fan? There are valid reasons for folk no tae buy one whether they can afford it or not.
Just trying to rally the troops - thanks for your aggressive answer though.

ALF TUPPER
03-03-2014, 04:09 PM
STF put money up front for 10k season tickets?

STF's answer to that would be .... Why should I ?
Fair enuff. STF ,

heretoday
03-03-2014, 05:16 PM
How anyone can expect STF to pump his money into hibs is beyond me. The guy isn't a football man, never mind a hibs man, he saved us from our darkest hour and I am forever grateful to him for that.

Good post.

Last time I spoke to him he said "When are we going to win something?"

It didn't suggest to me that he has any more than a passing interest in the performance of the team.

Given that TB was three years at Inverness maybe we should be more patient, despite the dire side that plays in green and white at the moment.