PDA

View Full Version : Waste if a jersey

Billychaotic182
28-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Craig, Harris and Stevenson may as well not bothered playing as they did nothing except pass to a player in orange. It was poor poor poor stuff tonight but it's going to be hard when 3 players are offering nothing

Now I like all 3 players but they need to have a shake

I know Harris is just coming back but that was very poor. I really feel sorry for Sam Stanton as he looks like the only player who can pass the ball. Won't sell many season tickets playing like that. Poor stuff

Heisenberg
28-02-2014, 09:49 PM
There's no chance Craig should've just walked back into the side like he did. Dreadful for ages now.

hibee_girl
28-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Stevenson was one of the few who were making any effort, he was going for, and winning, balls the rest of his teammates couldn't be bothered going for.

Yes his passing was off tonight but to say he's a waste of a jersey is wrong IMO.

Billychaotic182
28-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Stevenson was one of the few who were making any effort, he was going for, and winning, balls the rest of his teammates couldn't be bothered going for.

Yes his passing was off tonight but to say he's a waste of a jersey is wrong IMO.

All he did was give the ball away no point winning the ball just to gift it back to them. I really like Lewis but he was so poor tonight

IberianHibernian
28-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Not a night to single out players for criticism - don`t agree anyway - thought Harris showed signs he is recovering form - but to ask why so many players are playing worse than earlier in the season instead of improving . Don`t remember much if any difference between teams in August but today we looked inferior throughout match .

Golden Bear
28-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Why signal only 3 players out?

hibee_girl
28-02-2014, 09:54 PM
All he did was give the ball away no point winning the ball just to gift it back to them. I really like Lewis but he was so poor tonight

He was poor I agree but there's at least 5 or 6 players who were a lot worse!

Niffy
28-02-2014, 09:54 PM
It was as if Hibs players are trained that if the ball comes to you , just kick it..... anywhere...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Play the youngsters

:greengrin

Billychaotic182
28-02-2014, 09:56 PM
I keep hearing good things about the young lad Max Todd why not just give some a chance as our best player is a youngster

mmmmhibby
28-02-2014, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=hibee_girl;3919106]He was poor I agree but there's at least 5 or 6 players who were a lot worse![/QUO

He cant cut it,simples.

KingFranck
28-02-2014, 10:19 PM
If we are talking about players passing to an Orange or tangerine shirt the worst culprit was McGivern

Onion
28-02-2014, 10:29 PM
There's no chance Craig should've just walked back into the side like he did. Dreadful for ages now.

Agreed, but at least TB wasn't afraid to sub him. Most of our previous manager's would have left him on, either because he was a sacred cow or they just lacked the guts to take him off.

The fact that TB will sub our captain and drop Collins, gives me hope that TB will do what it takes to turn this club around.

Postman
28-02-2014, 10:31 PM
OP is absolutely spot on! Those 3 were absolutely shocking and for me Harris was the worst of a very bad lot by some way. No where near ready for the first team and I am really doubting if he ever will be. If Butcher continues to play him and Stevenson in the wide positions the rest of the season we might as well just pack in now, they offer absolutely nothing

JimBHibees
28-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Got to be said Craig isn't athletic enough to play centre mid, could get away with playing wide left.

Postman
28-02-2014, 10:35 PM
thought Harris showed signs he is recovering form .

Really?? What has he done that makes you think that? Never beats his man, pulls out of 50/50's and delivery is poor

Postman
28-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Got to be said Craig isn't athletic enough to play centre mid, could get away with playing wide left.

Agreed, with Thomson back in the centre!

JimBHibees
28-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Harris should be put down to 20s for a few weeks to get his confidence back.

Billychaotic182
28-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Harris should be put down to 20s for a few weeks to get his confidence back.

Agreed

MyJo
28-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Taiwo and Stanton the only ones to get anywhere near pass marks tonight, absolutely dire stuff

SurferRosa
28-02-2014, 10:43 PM

Which, to be fair, is where Fenlon played him and where he was possibly more effective. Maybe he didn`t get everything wrong...:hmmm:

Ronniekirk
28-02-2014, 10:44 PM
I keep hearing good things about the young lad Max Todd why not just give some a chance as our best player is a youngster
You can't bring in too many young players to a poor team Jason Cummings was scoring for fun got his chance and never looked like being the answer Stanton tonight will be wondering he should sign another contract as he needs quality players around him His free kick that hit the post shows the quality he has .he would do well in that United team

Ronniekirk
28-02-2014, 10:46 PM
If we are talking about players passing to an Orange or tangerine shirt the worst culprit was McGivern
But he does hat every game you get used to it :wink:

Brooster
28-02-2014, 10:55 PM
But he does hat every game you get used to it :wink:

How can you get used to it if you never actually go to Easter Road? What was your excuse for not going tonight?

Hermit Crab
28-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Taiwo and Stanton the only ones to get anywhere near pass marks tonight, absolutely dire stuff

Taiwo? Cynical foul for 2nd booking. No need to do it. Blew our chances of getting back into the game.

hibbymick
28-02-2014, 11:03 PM

I agree, he is absolutely dire in my book.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 11:04 PM

As were his ten team mates. Picking on three serves no positive purpose, no?

Stantons Angel
28-02-2014, 11:36 PM

What a load of RUBBISH this is! sure he gave the ball away more than usual tonight, but if you had also been watching the recovery you would have seen him battle to get that ball back again.

McGivern for the last few weeks has been giving the ball away constantly and i havent read or heard a criticism of him other than a post on here tonight.

The OP single out three players which i think was the wrong thing to do. There were more than three player having on off day out there tonight, MORE than three and to pick on them is just a sad reflection of how frustrated the Hibs support is getting again!!!

We should just write of the rest of the season and hope during the summer Butcher gets his own men in.
I cant see us getting into the top six this season and we will be lucky to avoid the playoff's!

AND although we were really bad tonight, i dont think that dunder heid of a referee helped any. He must have booked at lease 7 players, gave 2 penalties and it wasnt a dirty game!

Jones28
28-02-2014, 11:39 PM
They were all piss poor tonight. Taiwo was the only one to get pass marks for me then he went and got himself sent off.