PDA

View Full Version : Serious question.

GlasgowHibee
28-02-2014, 08:33 PM
What is with our ability to turn proven SPL footballers to players whom look like they've never touched a ball before?

John Rankin, average at best for us yet he has completely ****ing dominated the game tonight. Best player on the pitch by a mile, cool, calm and collected. Showed more guy and ability than our entire team tonight.

Liam Craig - don't even get me ****ing started, one of the worst Hibs captains of my lifetime. What skills does he bring to the team? Michael Stewart MK II.

Perhaps I'm just frustrated, but seeing Rankin completely dominate our midfield tonight has really made me consider my season ticket renewal for next year.

Paisley Hibby
28-02-2014, 09:30 PM
What is with our ability to turn proven SPL footballers to players whom look like they've never touched a ball before?

John Rankin, average at best for us yet he has completely ****ing dominated the game tonight. Best player on the pitch by a mile, cool, calm and collected. Showed more guy and ability than our entire team tonight.

Liam Craig - don't even get me ****ing started, one of the worst Hibs captains of my lifetime. What skills does he bring to the team? Michael Stewart MK II.

Perhaps I'm just frustrated, but seeing Rankin completely dominate our midfield tonight has really made me consider my season ticket renewal for next year.

And when Craig goes somewhere else he'll do a Rankin and look great again. I'm as puzzled as you mate.

truehibernian
28-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Look at who JR has had around him at United though - John is an average player, I'd have kept him and got rid of Lewis as I said back when he was out of CC's plans. Fit as a fiddle, good pro, loyal teammate.

But he has had Flood, Russell ahead of him, GMS and Armstrong out wide and through the middle - big Jon Daly as well.

Average players can blend into a side like that as they work hard and do the simple stuff, allowing the creative forces to shine - hence they all look good.

Hibs offer nothing creative in midfield and nothing really out wide - nothing dynamic and 'tanner ball'. And we are reluctant to play two or three up front whereas United are comfy in a 442, 433, or a 4-5-1 which counters teams into a quick 433 or 4-2-4.

Team talk for United and Aberdeen is easy - just go out and play boys, really enjoy it. As Eddie T would say, 'fall in love with that football and treat it like your lover....never let it out of your sight'

BH Hibs
28-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Look at who JR has had around him at United though - John is an average player, I'd have kept him and got rid of Lewis as I said back when he was out of CC's plans. Fit as a fiddle, good pro, loyal teammate.

But he has had Flood, Russell ahead of him, GMS and Armstrong out wide and through the middle - big Jon Daly as well.

Average players can blend into a side like that as they work hard and do the simple stuff, allowing the creative forces to shine - hence they all look good.

Hibs offer nothing creative in midfield and nothing really out wide - nothing dynamic and 'tanner ball'. And we are reluctant to play two or three up front whereas United are comfy in a 442, 433, or a 4-5-1 which counters teams into a quick 433 or 4-2-4.

Team talk for United and Aberdeen is easy - just go out and play boys, really enjoy it. As Eddie T would say, 'fall in love with that football and treat it like your lover....never let it out of your sight'

I agree 100% mate these players when they go to other clubs look better as they have players beside them that naked them look good and take the pressure off them.

Ronniekirk
01-03-2014, 06:44 AM

Frustrated doesn't begin to do Justice to how I felt last night watching that demolition job..It's a new day and normally I would be feeling worse,but am actually numb ,which means Icant be bothered getting worked up about it anymore .Will still buy Season Ticket as without Us doing that this whole sorry saga will just continue Think after last night Butcher must know he has to cut that squad to the bare bones but he won't be able to get rid of everyone he would like to in one window .. Will I attend many games between now and end of Season ,on last nights showing probably not apart from going to watch Stanton develop but be interesting to see how that experience affects him in next game .motherwell are going through a poor patch just now but don't see us being able to win that one.So we are relying on St Johnston getting beat in next two games just to hang on to thier coat tales for sixth .How did it all get to this ? can't even be bothered bating the jambos ,if they watched that performance last night they would realise they haven't been turned over like that Mutch this season Celtic game apart . how many Teams do you see subbing thier captain after he had been dropped the week before don't think he can now remain captain as he will have lost authority ,credibility and confidence .:confused::confused::confused:

Ronniekirk
01-03-2014, 06:48 AM
I agree 100% mate these players when they go to other clubs look better as they have players beside them that naked them look good and take the pressure off them.
Not sure what you mean by Naked them look good ?:wink: But brought a smile to my face for first time since that debacle last night so thanks for that :top marks

oregonhibby
01-03-2014, 07:49 AM
The difference to me between the teams is that DU's young players look like they work together whilst ours don't.

They passed moved received. Ours look like they get the ball and don't know what to do next. The score flattered us. One attempt on goal from a goalkeepers error!

It made the season ticket launch look like a serious misjudgement. Which is a shame because John Nicol got it spot on again!

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 07:59 AM
The difference to me between the teams is that DU's young players look like they work together whilst ours don't.

They passed moved received. Ours look like they get the ball and don't know what to do next. The score flattered us. One attempt on goal from a goalkeepers error!

It made the season ticket launch look like a serious misjudgement. Which is a shame because John Nicol got it spot on again!

So in a nutshell they looked like footballers, everyone of them comfortable on the ball, they looked fitter, faster, hungrier and far more organised than the shambles TB has organised. I said to the laddie, it would be great to be able to watch that from them every week. Dundee Utd are a far better team than Hibs and the future looks bright for them.

Aldo
01-03-2014, 08:00 AM
What is with our ability to turn proven SPL footballers to players whom look like they've never touched a ball before? John Rankin, average at best for us yet he has completely ****ing dominated the game tonight. Best player on the pitch by a mile, cool, calm and collected. Showed more guy and ability than our entire team tonight. Liam Craig - don't even get me ****ing started, one of the worst Hibs captains of my lifetime. What skills does he bring to the team? Michael Stewart MK II. Perhaps I'm just frustrated, but seeing Rankin completely dominate our midfield tonight has really made me consider my season ticket renewal for next year.

Agree that Craig was poor but why are you labelling him Stewart mark II.

Stewart was a very good player for us and blotted his copy book after throwing the rattle oot the pram at the CF.

Thought he was a very good player and never let the side down. Never hid and played his part in a very good MF.

I would also say that he was up there with our best players for most of that season.

Craig is a poor mans Stewart IMHO.

Our team is crying out for a player like him tbh.

Tin hat at the ready.

oregonhibby
01-03-2014, 08:03 AM
So in a nutshell they looked like footballers, everyone of them comfortable on the ball, they looked fitter, faster, hungrier and far more organised than the shambles TB has organised. I said to the laddie, it would be great to be able to watch that from them every week. Dundee Utd are a far better team than Hibs and the future looks bright for them.

That's the one! They also looked liked they enjoyed playing together - encouraging each other. We have looked poor for 7 years now and I can't see it getting better. Even my daughter is getting sick of going.

Danderhall Hibs
01-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Ginger hair I reckon. Lazy journalism.