PDA

View Full Version : What's our business model?

Diclonius
28-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Once again beaten comfortably at home by a team who have half the budget we have, yet consistently achieve higher league positions than us.

No excuses.

The Sea-gull
28-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Once again beaten comfortably at home by a team who have half the budget we have, yet consistently achieve higher league positions than us.

No excuses.

Get the sentiment of your post but I think they have a lot more than half our budget.

IWasThere2016
28-02-2014, 08:41 PM
The only plan is one where the Board take as little flak as possible.. It's the only line in the mystery strategic plan in Rodder's top drawer.

Bostonhibby
28-02-2014, 08:45 PM

No excuses.

We spend all our money paying off failed managerial appointments and buying up the contracts of the duff players they have signed so we can get rid of them early.

truehibernian
28-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Business model is wait, wait, wait, miss out on targets, offer poor pay, wait, wait, panic, panic, last hours of window, sign crap.

Our football is slow and pedestrian, our signing policy is slow and deadline day, there is absolutely no platform to build on, there is a Board in place who don't fully understand football and getting players in quickly, on good deals, and really building a side.

Does anyone still have any argument for Rod given we missed out on Flood, Rooney, Lyle Taylor, Vincent, etc.

We have no natural right back, a weak centre partnership and have done for seasons, no natural leaders, slow midfielders, and zero pace.

As loyal as they've been, time for Stevenson, Hanlon and company to go - if it's a clear out then I'm sorry, you have to move on players that have been constantly in bad sides. You don't build around them in my book.

Change is needed urgently at the top table - and Rod has to go. He is stale as are Hibs as a club - really energetic boss, really uninspiring chairman, really peed off fans.

Steve-O
28-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Business model:

Spend lots on 'the Board' - not sure what they do?

Appoint managers on reasonable money, expect them to locate hidden 'gems' of players while all the ones we know are good go to Aberdeen / Dundee Utd, and then expect us to play good.

Expect fans to part with laughable amounts of cash by posting 'rallying cry' statements on the website once every 6 months or so.

That's about it.

BroxburnHibee
28-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Give us your money - it's our only plan.

I'm_cabbaged
28-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Give us your money - it's our only plan.

Exactly, sorry to say it's not happening next season. Poor leadership from the top for far to long!!