PDA

View Full Version : Dear dear!

B'Briggs Hibee
28-02-2014, 08:19 PM
No pace,no creativity,no penetration,no width,no goal threat,no skill. Have I missed anything? Oh and ffs will someone tell Nelson a pass is a world of difference from a kick. We are a truly appalling appalling "football" team.

BSEJVT
28-02-2014, 08:24 PM
No pace,no creativity,no penetration,no width,no goal threat,no skill. Have I missed anything? Oh and ffs will someone tell Nelson a pass is a world of difference from a kick. We are a truly appalling appalling "football" team.

Utter utter rubbish

I have honestly never seen a Hibs team so comprehensively outfought, out thought and outplayed.

I honestly see no signs of improvement or reasons for optimism.

Sad sad times

Pretty Boy
28-02-2014, 08:35 PM
1 of the worst performances I can remember.

Pish.

Tricla
28-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Worst I can remember for a long time.

Steve-O
28-02-2014, 08:41 PM
35 minutes of the second half was enough for me, doubt I'll attempt to watch any more games this season.

I don't know if I've seen a team be pushovers for so long - 6 years!

Not getting ANY better. It's a worry.

Unseen work
28-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Terrible

Am glad butcher subbed Craig though and realised e was terrible

We had more control when handling came on and Stanton moved deeper

Nelson too me is very clumsy at the back at times and poor distribution. We really need a proper right back to give us the right balance then play Jordan central with Hanlon

The midfield IMO is screaming for Thomson to put his foot on it, Craig looks scared to me, short of nah confidence to try anything, same goes for Harris

Worst av seen Stevenson in a while, he's been playing really well but think we need more from our left winger than a high work rate, just doesn't create enough, would maybe try him centre mid now taiwo is suspended.

Taiwo suspended is a massive blow as he has been our best player

Haynes looks good but the lack of service is ridiculous

gillythehibby
28-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Surely Fenlon must g... Oh, wait a minute

KT, Collins, Heff, Cairney. They canny get a game in that team. Really Terry. And to top it off we play 1 up front ! Fk Off

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-02-2014, 08:44 PM
THE worst performance I have seen in long time, no nothing at all anywhere, tactics, defence (an absolute disgrace) hardly any creativity from midfield and that pitch is a damned disgrace.

Terry's got some explaining to do as he labelled this match as a possible classic, aye Terry a classic bad Hibs performance.

Stanton, Handling, Stevo, and Boateng looked good otherwise zero out of ten and we got off lightly as they missed 2 penalties and a host of easy chances.

Roll on summer!

Holmesdale Hibs
28-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Pumped

Pretty Boy
28-02-2014, 08:46 PM
35 minutes of the second half was enough for me, doubt I'll attempt to watch any more games this season.

I don't know if I've seen a team be pushovers for so long - 6 years!

Not getting ANY better. It's a worry.

We are a rudderless ship.

It's not a popular opinion but until there is change at the top (or one rung from the top anyway) then we will continue to flounder.

Moon unit
28-02-2014, 08:47 PM
McGiven ..only guy who bothered his arse and put a tackle in,the rest watched as they walked bye!

cleanyman
Amazing Thomson, Cairney and Heff don't even make the squad.

Excluding maybe 2 games, Butcher's tenure so far has been abysmal

BroxburnHibee

It's not a popular opinion but until there is change at the top (or one rung from the top anyway) then we will continue to flounder.

:agree:

judas
28-02-2014, 08:48 PM

Change at the top? Yer talking ***** pal.

Sit doon eh.

Pray4Marc
28-02-2014, 08:49 PM
When's Harris getting dropped. X X X X Removed X X X X

Golden Bear
28-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Thoroughly depressing and embarrassing.

Pretty Boy
28-02-2014, 08:51 PM
And as I walk up the road thoroughly pissed off I get an email from Hibs urging me to do my bit.

Maybe the club could do their bit for a change. I do my bit every year and get a trophy every 25 years for my trouble.

Hibby K
28-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Fortress Easter Road - more like a bouncy castle!!!

Nothing seen tonight to entice me to renew my season ticket!

Rattler
28-02-2014, 08:53 PM
A dire performance almost all round! Seemed to be a total lack of interest, willingness and commitment to challenge.

Our players aren't inferior to those at D Utd......it's just that they have instilled a different mindset, with a willingness to compete and challenge for the points.

If this had been any of our previous incumbents in the Managers seat then questions would be asked.................

Pray4Marc
28-02-2014, 08:53 PM
When's harris getting dropped.

Kato
28-02-2014, 08:58 PM

I don't particularly hate Petrie or think he's done a rubbish job for Hibs because, as new manager after new manager has said, everything is set up at Hibs for success. His job is over.

Lot's changes at Easter Road over the last 15 years and reckon it's time for a change up top. Need someone to give the club some direction on the park. Petrie is more or less anonymous and his office bearing positions in the game are winning us zero influence.

Moon unit
28-02-2014, 08:58 PM
We are a Rodderless ship???...

Bobo
28-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Terrible football team with a captain whose a waste of a jersey among ten other honking players deployed in a sh!!t formation by another manager who flatters to deceive and who has no tactical awareness like so many of his predecessors ...... typical Hibs performance!!!

Watch the season tickets flood in after this ... not!!!

BroxburnHibee
28-02-2014, 09:01 PM
We are a Rodderless ship???...

I see what you did there.

So who is steering this club in the right direction?

Ronniekirk
You missed out no ****ing clue I despair Was so up for buying a season ticket but for first time am swithering .. will see how next few games go but top six is beyond us on that performance .

truehibernian
When's harris getting dropped.

When is Forster going to centre half, when is Nelson getting dropped, when is Andy Black getting a start at right back, when is Heffernan starting with another striker alongside ?

That's what I'd be wanting before dropping Alex, although I agree he's been poor.

hibeeleicester
28-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Knew this would happen

Brightside
28-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Liam Craig shouldn't be allowed on that park again. Awful stuff.

SeanWilson
28-02-2014, 09:06 PM
McGiven ..only guy who bothered his arse and put a tackle in,the rest watched as they walked bye!

Can only chuckle at this because I agree... he did put himself about a bit tonight. ... but... and a huge but... he is a sorry excuse for a footballer. He has no ability to pick a pass or show composure. I was at ER so haven't seen a replay but I'm pretty sure the forst goal came from him fannying about and passing to noone.

BSEJVT
28-02-2014, 09:12 PM
6 years ago I was absolutely Hibs daft

Right now I couldn't care less

Just when you think things can't get worse they do

There was absolutely nothing on show tonight to give me any optimism for the future.

Harris was dreadful, Handling slower than me, Stanton anonymous, Hanlon Wtf, Forster some of his touches?

The only one you couldn't fault was Williams

The rest are nowhere near good enough for Hibs.

Tactics, subs - worse than useless

If you had told next we would fall so far in the last 6 years I would have told you you were mental.

Worst is I think we have further to fall before the seasons out

Good luck with ST sales Rod

Stringer
28-02-2014, 09:16 PM
I have said this so often but... Put McGivern in midfield!!

hibee_girl
28-02-2014, 09:17 PM

I said the same to my Grandad tonight, he'd be so much better suited there.

mmmmhibby
28-02-2014, 09:21 PM

You may have a point, he gets forward and may be more effective there as he does look to get crosses into the box. Our Left hand side is weak with the players we have there at present

JimBHibees
28-02-2014, 09:27 PM
THE worst performance I have seen in long time, no nothing at all anywhere, tactics, defence (an absolute disgrace) hardly any creativity from midfield and that pitch is a damned disgrace.

Terry's got some explaining to do as he labelled this match as a possible classic, aye Terry a classic bad Hibs performance.

Stanton, Handling, Stevo, and Boateng looked good otherwise zero out of ten and we got off lightly as they missed 2 penalties and a host of easy chances.

Roll on summer!

Thought Stanton, Stevenson were poor and boating poor at third goal.

john18722
28-02-2014, 09:30 PM

There was absolutely nothing on show tonight to give me any optimism for the future.

Harris was dreadful, Handling slower than me, Stanton anonymous, Hanlon Wtf, Forster some of his touches?

If you had told next we would fall so far in the last 6 years I would have told you you were mental.

Totally agree, I just don't care anymore. Deffo not getting a season ticket for next season. Worst value purchase of all time!

GreenCastle
28-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Currently we have a GK who isn't enjoying his time and off in the summer.

A right back who I rate as a CH but isn't a right back.

Nelson - a McPake but less injuries - hoofball.

Hanlon - covering for Nelson.

McGivern - still think he's worth a shot at left midfield or CH - but our only left back Booth is on loan at Raith!

Craig - you know things are bad when you sub your captain - he's not captain material.

Stanton - been the best player last few weeks.

Taiwo - like him but him and Stanton need help - lacks creativity.

Haynes - tough job up top on own but potential.

Stevenson - gives his all as always.

Harris - was out a while and clearly not at the same level as before - used for his speed but we aren't seeing it much.

Handling - Tam McManus part 2 - does the occasional good thing but needs to do more

Collins - Fenlon spent 200k on this guy?!

clearly we need better!

JimBHibees
28-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Currently we have a GK who isn't enjoying his time and off in the summer.

A right back who I rate as a CH but isn't a right back.

Nelson - a McPake but less injuries - hoofball.

Hanlon - covering for Nelson.

McGivern - still think he's worth a shot at left midfield or CH - but our only left back Booth is on loan at Raith!

Craig - you know things are bad when you sub your captain - he's not captain material.

Stanton - been the best player last few weeks.

Taiwo - like him but him and Stanton need help - lacks creativity.

Haynes - tough job up top on own but potential.

Stevenson - gives his all as always.

Harris - was out a while and clearly not at the same level as before - used for his speed but we aren't seeing it much.

Handling - Tam McManus part 2 - does the occasional good thing but needs to do more

Collins - Fenlon spent 200k on this guy?!

clearly we need better!

Think Hanlon needs to concentrate on his own game rather than covering for anyone, truly awful, again as weak as a kitten. Those that think he could play at a decent level in England are truly kidding themselves he simply isn't strong enough.

LaMotta
28-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Can only chuckle at this because I agree... he did put himself about a bit tonight. ... but... and a huge but... he is a sorry excuse for a footballer. He has no ability to pick a pass or show composure. I was at ER so haven't seen a replay but I'm pretty sure the forst goal came from him fannying about and passing to noone.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2014, 09:52 PM
A dire performance almost all round! Seemed to be a total lack of interest, willingness and commitment to challenge.

Our players aren't inferior to those at D Utd......it's just that they have instilled a different mindset, with a willingness to compete and challenge for the points.

If this had been any of our previous incumbents in the Managers seat then questions would be asked.................

Yes they are, by some margin. We've no pace, they've got it in abundance

eastterrace
28-02-2014, 10:37 PM

sorry mate you couldnt fault williams you say what about 2nd goal guy headed in from 4 yards out, naw he is just a pish keeper but he looks good cause of the crap we have had over the last 10 years

wookie70
28-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Well done to Utd. The correct model of youth supplemented by experienced pro and football played with the ball at below knee level. Movement and skill in abundance. We looked like we were playing a different sport to them for most of the game

Sir David Gray
28-02-2014, 11:18 PM

His distribution isn't anywhere near good enough for a midfielder.

In my opinion anyway.

Jones28
28-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Petrie is not blame for this.

We were ***** to a man tonight. No fight, desire, quality or skill on offer from anyone. Taiwo got my pass marks until he got sent off.

It may well be a case of needing a football man as a chairman but that is no excuse for tonights performance.

Jones28
28-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Thought Stanton, Stevenson were poor and boating poor at third goal.

It was Nelsons runner at the front post that scored it?

He is nowhere near good enough. Throws his weight around and is good in the air but cannot pass. EVERY time he got the ball it was a punt up the pitch. That is not ****ing good enough for Hibs. If this is the kind of player we have come to expect then we have sunk so low.

Every player in Tangerine tonight was a football player first, position second.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Liam Craig shouldn't be allowed on that park again. Awful stuff.

I'd agree with that, i'd say the same for at least another 7 of them too.

I'd also say my bet is well and truly won, even if he qualified for Gibraltar they'd not want him either. :rolleyes:

Steve-O
28-02-2014, 11:47 PM
It was Nelsons runner at the front post that scored it?

He is nowhere near good enough. Throws his weight around and is good in the air but cannot pass. EVERY time he got the ball it was a punt up the pitch. That is not ****ing good enough for Hibs. If this is the kind of player we have come to expect then we have sunk so low.

Every player in Tangerine tonight was a football player first, position second.

It was Nelson's man who scored the second and 100% Boateng's man that scored the third.

snooky
28-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Yep ...... and it's not for the first time.

steino1875
01-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Worst performance of the season for me

hibb1
01-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Im pretty sure the management team know the current set of players are not good enough not all but most of them imo,They will be working to bring in a new team asap to work and play there way,The trouble is the more season tickets we sell the more money we have to build with but the current players are never likely to encourage people to part with there hard earned.:flag:That said we have renewed :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Yes they are, by some margin. We've no pace, they've got it in abundance

Not just pace ability also.

Aldo
01-03-2014, 06:59 AM
A dire performance almost all round! Seemed to be a total lack of interest, willingness and commitment to challenge. Our players aren't inferior to those at D Utd......it's just that they have instilled a different mindset, with a willingness to compete and challenge for the points. If this had been any of our previous incumbents in the Managers seat then questions would be asked.................

Cant highlight but your bit about them not being inferior is way off the mark.

Utd were as good as we were bad. Players playing for each other. A team, yes a team, that had a good spine, balance, pace and creativity. They were hungry for the ball.

We could pass the ball 5 yards.

Utd have a very good mix of players in most positions. We don't even have that in our starting 11.

Ronniekirk
01-03-2014, 07:08 AM
Cant highlight but your bit about them not being inferior is way off the mark.

Utd were as good as we were bad. Players playing for each other. A team, yes a team, that had a good spine, balance, pace and creativity. They were hungry for the ball.

We could pass the ball 5 yards.

Utd have a very good mix of players in most positions. We don't even have that in our starting 11.
Agree we were completely inferior to them It was like a master class at some points the way the just passed the ball about ,a joy to watch as a football fan that's how game should be played Contrast that with McGivern passing straight to there player from ten yard away under no great pressure.and it cost us a goal . my only criticism of United was they were clinical enough in front of goal But thank goodness they have that flaw or it would of been more .

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 08:26 AM
4-4-1-1 at home. 1 shot on target in over 90 minutes of football. Hanlon and Nelson complete bombscares. Aimless route 1 punts up the pitch that were dealt with comfortably all night. Players looking completey unfit and snail paced. 3rd to every ball. McGivern looks like he's never kicked a ball in his life. Haynes not getting a sniff up front.

And that's just the start of our problems.

Why is it that beyond every manager and player, the exact same problems continue to linger on?

What do players actually do at that training centre? Because based on the evidence of what i've witnessed at ER since that place has opened, it's blatantly obvious that it's not being used for training.

The players don't just look poor, they look ill. They look disinterested. They look physically incapable. They look like they don't want to be here.

But it's the same old story with the majority of players that come and go.

What is happening to this club?

Aldo
01-03-2014, 08:33 AM
Indeed it was. Not sure where we go from here but I would really like to see the likes of Murdoch, KT, The Heff and Cummings back in the starting line up. Along with Watmore (who I know has been injured)

Forster is no right back either.

Murdoch
Maybury (yes I know but he's a RB and can't be any worse) or Black . Forster. Hanlon Lewis or McGivern (don't know)
Robertson KT Stanton
Watmore Heff Haynes (or Cummings)

I know we have a few injuries but best of a bad bunch

Coco Bryce
01-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Spot on. We said the exact same last night during the second half. Butcher not changing the tactics at half time was one of his many poor decisions.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Petrie is not blame for this.

We were ***** to a man tonight. No fight, desire, quality or skill on offer from anyone. Taiwo got my pass marks until he got sent off.

It may well be a case of needing a football man as a chairman but that is no excuse for tonights performance.

It isn't really just tonight people are upset about though is it?

Since this 'blip' started about 6 and a half years ago we have had 5 managers, seen countless players come and go, had commercial managers, operations managers, directors, other board members leave or be punted......

Yet the one constant in all that time is still immune from criticism in some quarters. Petrie has done a lot of good for Hibs but it's time for him to go. We are a club completely lacking in direction and drive. If it wasn't for Let's Work Together I dread to think how much less would have been done since that final. The only thing that jolted St Rod into action last season was when he got wind of a protest and didn't fancy the bad press so gave a few fans the 'privilege' of a Q&A session. He either doesn't see the problems or doesn't know how to sort them.

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Has Petrie ever stepped foot in East Mains, to see what actually goes on in there?

I very much doubt he has.

Golden Bear
01-03-2014, 08:55 AM
4-4-1-1 at home. 1 shot on target in over 90 minutes of football. Hanlon and Nelson complete bombscares. Aimless route 1 punts up the pitch that were dealt with comfortably all night. Players looking completey unfit and snail paced. 3rd to every ball. McGivern looks like he's never kicked a ball in his life. Haynes not getting a sniff up front.

Why is it that beyond every manager and player, the exact same problems continue to linger on?

What do players actually do at that training centre? Because based on the evidence of what i've witnessed at ER since that place has opened, it's blatantly obvious that it's not being used for training.

The players don't just look poor, they look ill. They look disinterested. They look physically incapable. They look like they don't want to be here.

Excellent post.

Onion
01-03-2014, 09:15 AM

Since this 'blip' started about 6 and a half years ago we have had 5 managers, seen countless players come and go, had commercial managers, operations managers, directors, other board members leave or be punted......

Yet the one constant in all that time is still immune from criticism in some quarters. Petrie has done a lot of good for Hibs but it's time for him to go. We are a club completely lacking in direction and drive. If it wasn't for Let's Work Together I dread to think how much less would have been done since that final. The only thing that jolted St Rod into action last season was when he got wind of a protest and didn't fancy the bad press so gave a few fans the 'privilege' of a Q&A session. He either doesn't see the problems or doesn't know how to sort them.

With you 100% on this :top marks Unfortunately, many Hibs fans prefer to focus on the symptoms rather than the root of the problem. Poor players, poor morale, dreadful communications, defeatist culture, directionless mediocrity all emanate from Petrie's mismanagement of this club over the last 7 years. Petrie was perfect for developing the infrastructure (stadium and East mains) and negotiating/selling talented players but never the right man to lead the football club where it really matters. We don't need someone to sell our talent (we have none). We don't need someone to manage big build projects (they're all complete).

What we need is a CEO who has vision, ambition, drive, determination and a plan to take Hibernian Football Club forward. It is no accident that we are drifting into our 8th season of transition and fans are choosing to opt out. Until this is addressed, we are rudderless.

Jim44
01-03-2014, 09:47 AM
For weeks I've been urging the teams below us to keep out of reach of the Jambos. The way we're playing I now want them to lose every game to save us the embarrassment of a relegation struggle.

Fife-Hibee
01-03-2014, 10:51 AM

What he says !

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2014, 10:59 AM
First things first. Well played Dundee Utd ... the ball was moved from player to player with pace and skill, their movement was super at times and they sucked up our pathetic efforts in attack with ease, the only thing their back 4 were missing was cigars.

In fact Utd were everything Hibs havnt been for going on 7 years now. Our pace, movement and ability to play a pass and move game with pace and 'basic' skill has been non existant for all of that time. The Hibs way of playing football seems to rely on hoping that one or two individual players can influence the game on any given day ... Griffiths last season being a case in point.

But .... where is the team play ... where are the passing movements which even the teams around us like St Mirren and Kilmarnock can play in flashes and teams like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd can play for large parts of the game.

At this moment in time after 27 games we have won 3 more than the mighty Heart of Midlothian. Looking at last nights efforts we are kidding ourselves if we think for a second that we cant be sucked into the play off mire. Playing one forward at home is the perfect way to signal other teams that we are afraid to commit to winning games .. and they will play against us accordingly as Utd did last night ..... it looked like they were the home team.

As things stand I for one can see no hope for Hibs either now or in the forseeable future. There has been little or no improvement in the style of football, which would be acceptable if we looked like a team more capable of getting results ... but we dont!

This club needs a miracle and for the life of me I cant see where its going to come from. This summer is going to be the biggest the club has gone into for decades ..... This slump simply cant be allowed to continue, because if it does our luck is going to run out and we are going to get relegated eventually.

In the last 7 years we have gone through hundreds of players and manager after manager, but the football remains the same and the results remain the same. There comes a point where you have to look at what the constants have been during years of ongoing failure and there are only two I can think of.

For me the success or failure of Terry Butcher is the last chance saloon for Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie ...... I have said many times that saving a club is one thing .... making it an on field success is totally different ..... In one Tom Farmer is a god ...... in the other he has been an utter, utter failure. This is the 5th biggest club in Scotland with massive potential to be the 4th or even 3rd biggest, Its return of 2 league cups and ongoing league table mediocrity in nearly a quarter of a century is nothing short of an embarrassment.

I'm reminded of watching the opening ceremony of the London Olympics and watching ( not for the first time at a big event ) the legend who is Sir Paul McCartney wheeled out to attempt to sing one of his many brilliant songs and once again cringing with embarrassment as time and again he struggled to hit the notes. You just had to shake your head and ask yourself if this guy didnt have any real friends left amoungst the sycophants and hangers on with the courage and respect for him to tell him the truth. That its time to knock it on the head.

Even legends have their day .... if they cant face that fact they need the people who say they love and respect them to make them face the truth. If they dont they are not real friends at all. How many friends does STF have I wonder.

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 11:11 AM
I honestly didn't think United were that good.

They'll go away from that result knowing that they're capable of playing much better than they did.

We just made it far too easy for them.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2014, 11:11 AM

Every underperforming performance is seen as a knee jerk reaction by those who are critical. Maybe its just the norm now, and we should just accept we are pish.

And any wish that we should be CONSTANTLY better than what we continue to be is just delusions of grandeur now?

GreenCastle
01-03-2014, 11:42 AM
First things first. Well played Dundee Utd ... the ball was moved from player to player with pace and skill, their movement was super at times and they sucked up our pathetic efforts in attack with ease, the only thing their back 4 were missing was cigars.

In fact Utd were everything Hibs havnt been for going on 7 years now. Our pace, movement and ability to play a pass and move game with pace and 'basic' skill has been non existant for all of that time. The Hibs way of playing football seems to rely on hoping that one or two individual players can influence the game on any given day ... Griffiths last season being a case in point.

But .... where is the team play ... where are the passing movements which even the teams around us like St Mirren and Kilmarnock can play in flashes and teams like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd can play for large parts of the game.

At this moment in time after 27 games we have won 3 more than the mighty Heart of Midlothian. Looking at last nights efforts we are kidding ourselves if we think for a second that we cant be sucked into the play off mire. Playing one forward at home is the perfect way to signal other teams that we are afraid to commit to winning games .. and they will play against us accordingly as Utd did last night ..... it looked like they were the home team.

As things stand I for one can see no hope for Hibs either now or in the forseeable future. There has been little or no improvement in the style of football, which would be acceptable if we looked like a team more capable of getting results ... but we dont!

This club needs a miracle and for the life of me I cant see where its going to come from. This summer is going to be the biggest the club has gone into for decades ..... This slump simply cant be allowed to continue, because if it does our luck is going to run out and we are going to get relegated eventually.

In the last 7 years we have gone through hundreds of players and manager after manager, but the football remains the same and the results remain the same. There comes a point where you have to look at what the constants have been during years of ongoing failure and there are only two I can think of.

For me the success or failure of Terry Butcher is the last chance saloon for Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie ...... I have said many times that saving a club is one thing .... making it an on field success is totally different ..... In one Tom Farmer is a god ...... in the other he has been an utter, utter failure. This is the 5th biggest club in Scotland with massive potential to be the 4th or even 3rd biggest, Its return of 2 league cups and ongoing league table mediocrity in nearly a quarter of a century is nothing short of an embarrassment.

:aok:

It seems the Hibs way to blame previous managers when the current manager is struggling. While I am not suggesting our previous managers were up to much it's often easy to shift the blame.

We have changed to this 4-4-1-1 formation recently but we don't have the players to play it properly.

IF YOU PLAY ONE UP FRONT YOU NEED TO KEEP THE BALL LONGER AND ALLOW OTHERS TO PUSH UP AND SUPPORT.

We constantly go route 1 from Williams and if it does get distributed from the GK to the full backs it is usually a diagonal across the pitch or if it's given to Nelson it's a chipped pass into the striker - but this rarely is accurate.

The problem we have had for years is a lack of a playmaker in the middle - someone really comfortable to get on the ball. Claros has the best we have had in possession but he needed a creative player alongside him to set up goals in the final 3rd. KT keeps the ball and could maybe do this but often dropped too deep and still lacks the creativity needed to unlock teams. If your too slow opposition players get back into shape.

I do think we have some players in the squad who would be doing better if they had better around them. Confidence is low right now - but it's looking like we still have the mentality - don't lose - rather than go out and win. When Butcher first came in we were direct but creating and getting the ball forward with purpose - we have gone back into direct aimless play and not creating which is frustrating.

The fans could probably take it if our style of play was better but a dull style of play and losing = so much negativity.

How we fix it - TB needs to change his currently game plan (not 1 up front) to play it out at all costs and keep the ball longer - but do we have the players to do that in the middle or at the back? (Seems he doesn't trust them).

Too many players aren't looking comfortable right now but would a chance of style help them?

As fans we always want better players but reality is usually quality comes at a price - but not always in Collins case...

There is a massive job to be done at ER and the part I find frustrating the most is the opportunity being missed with the yams and sevco out the league and so poor - it's a prime time to grow but we still seem to be going backwards.

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2014, 11:45 AM
sorry mate you couldnt fault williams you say what about 2nd goal guy headed in from 4 yards out, naw he is just a pish keeper but he looks good cause of the crap we have had over the last 10 yearsOh, it was 4 yards out, does that mean no one should try to head it away?

Pathetic calling Williams pish, would have been a lot worse last night without him.