PDA

View Full Version : Our record against Dundee United

andy1875
28-02-2014, 01:44 PM
I was having a look at our recent record against Dundee United and it's awful if I'm reading it correctly.

In the last 24 meetings, we've only won 3 times. There have been a lot of draws mind but I had no idea it was so bad.

Another stat is the last time United failed to score at Easter Road was October 2004.

With all that in mind, my bet is both teams to score with a Hibs win.

Others should therefore back 0-0 with my recent betting record :greengrin

CB_NO3
28-02-2014, 01:51 PM
I was having a look at our recent record against Dundee United and it's awful if I'm reading it correctly.

In the last 24 meetings, we've only won 3 times. There have been a lot of draws mind but I had no idea it was so bad.

Another stat is the last time United failed to score at Easter Road was October 2004.

With all that in mind, my bet is both teams to score with a Hibs win.

Others should therefore back 0-0 with my recent betting record :greengrin

I must admit am not confident tonight at all. If we play like we did in the first half on Saturday we could get a doing. On the other hand, play like we did second half it will be a close game. I just think attacking wise they have about 4 players that would walk into our team.

ekhibee
28-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Yeh, it's poor. I suppose we could point to the last game against them last season when they got a penalty that clearly shouldn't have been, but it's still bad.

The Sea-gull
28-02-2014, 02:27 PM
In the last 5 or 6 years our record v them is very poor but I remember times before that where we would regularly beat them and not lose too many against them.

Defensively we have been pretty good this season in terms of goals conceded we have comfortably the best record in the top 6 with our 29 comparing well with the others who have all lost 46 goals on average. We also do ok comapred to top 6 clubs (taking Celtic out the equation) as Aberdeen (26) ICT (21) are the only ones better than us. Motherwell have lost 39, Dundee Utd 31 and Saints 30.

Think it'll be a draw tonight. If we win it'll be a 1-0 or a 2-1. If they win, could see them winning 3-1 or something like that as while are defence has genreally been ok, their atack is outstanding if the likes of GMS, Cifci, Gauld and Armstrong all click.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2014, 02:37 PM
In the last 5 or 6 years our record v them is very poor but I remember times before that where we would regularly beat them and not lose too many against them.

Defensively we have been pretty good this season in terms of goals conceded we have comfortably the best record in the top 6 with our 29 comparing well with the others who have all lost 46 goals on average. We also do ok comapred to top 6 clubs (taking Celtic out the equation) as Aberdeen (26) ICT (21) are the only ones better than us. Motherwell have lost 39, Dundee Utd 31 and Saints 30.

Think it'll be a draw tonight. If we win it'll be a 1-0 or a 2-1. If they win, could see them winning 3-1 or something like that as while are defence has genreally been ok, their atack is outstanding if the likes of GMS, Cifci, Gauld and Armstrong all click.

Gauld's apparently out tonight.

Gettin' Auld
28-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Hated Dundee Utd ever since that game at Easter Rd in 1998.

andy1875
28-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Hated Dundee Utd ever since that game at Easter Rd in 1998.

A horrible day.....

Anyhow, both teams to score tonight and Hibs win is 9/2. That'll do for me!

JoeT
28-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Let's be positive, unbeaten in 4 against them