PDA

View Full Version : Danny Haynes and confidence

Leishy1995
28-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Has anyone seen his tweet today? "I will score 2night. We will win. We will get the 3 points"

I love confidence especially in a forward. I mentioned this to a notts county fan I know who just went on a rant berating Danny and his lazy attitude, but from what I've seen he seems to have no lazy attitude. And if his confidence shown on twitter transpires onto the pitch tonight, I think we could see another good performance.

Also, I believe his contract is up at the seasons end, and if this loan is successful do you think we could convince him to stick around?

Onceinawhile
28-02-2014, 12:24 PM
confidence is good. Sometimes shouting about your confidence can backfire.

I hope it's not the case that that happens tonight. If he's right though, I'll be delighted.

GGTTH07
28-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Sure it's a sort of motivation sports quote. Confidence is key, over confidence is the problem.

Gatecrasher
28-02-2014, 12:29 PM
I have been impressed with him so far, hope we back up his words.

CallumLaidlaw
28-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Players need to go into games believing they can win. And strikers should go into every game believing they'll score. We've probably had too many players in the past that haven't gone into games with a winners mentality

Hibercelona
28-02-2014, 12:40 PM
If I was a manager, i'd be telling my strikers to go into games, convinced that they're going to score, otherwise they shouldn't bother playing at all.

I'm happy that Haynes is convinced that he's going to score tonight. I'd be even happier if the others came out and said the exact same thing.

The Sea-gull
28-02-2014, 12:44 PM
I'm all for confidence and I'm all for winners but saying things like "I will score tonight" and "We will get three points" is just daft without qualifying it by saying "I believe" or "I am confident". Nobody can guaruntee that they will do anything like that. He's just set himself up for a barrage of abuse on sites like this and social media if he doesn't score and we don't win.

Pre match chat from players and managers publically means nothing to me and what really matters is what happens on the pitch. Never a truer phrase than actions speak louder than words.

flash
28-02-2014, 12:49 PM
I'm all for confidence and I'm all for winners but saying things like "I will score tonight" and "We will get three points" is just daft without qualifying it by saying "I believe" or "I am confident". Nobody can guaruntee that they will do anything like that. He's just set himself up for a barrage of abuse on sites like this and social media if he doesn't score and we don't win.

Pre match chat from players and managers publically means nothing to me and what really matters is what happens on the pitch. Never a truer phrase than actions speak louder than words.

If it means nothing to you then surely your first paragraph is redundant.

Hibee87
28-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I would far rather him come out and say. i wont score, we wont win. were crap. :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
28-02-2014, 12:52 PM

He doesn't believe he's going to score though. He "knows" he's going to score, and thats even better.

Craig_in_Prague
28-02-2014, 12:58 PM
go on Danny boy.

Same with Big Tel.

About time we thought positively. Might not always work, but best to think positively - better chance of succeeding.

FWIW - I think he's right.

I'm not going into town to watch the game & pay for dearer beer, for the sake of it.
'mon the cabbage!

The Sea-gull
28-02-2014, 12:58 PM
If it means nothing to you then surely your first paragraph is redundant.

In a sense yes but then players and managers have to say stuff in the media pre-match.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Has anyone seen his tweet today? "I will score 2night. We will win. We will get the 3 points"

I love confidence especially in a forward. I mentioned this to a notts county fan I know who just went on a rant berating Danny and his lazy attitude, but from what I've seen he seems to have no lazy attitude. And if his confidence shown on twitter transpires onto the pitch tonight, I think we could see another good performance.

Also, I believe his contract is up at the seasons end, and if this loan is successful do you think we could convince him to stick around?

His contract ends at the end of next season.

The Sea-gull
28-02-2014, 01:02 PM
He doesn't believe he's going to score though. He "knows" he's going to score, and thats even better.

How does he know he's going to score? Can he see into the future? Did someone come to visit him one day with a sports almanac detailing this game.

I'll be delighted if he scores tonight but he won't score because he knew he would!

Hibbyradge
28-02-2014, 01:06 PM
If I was a manager, i'd be telling my strikers to go into games, convinced that they're going to score, otherwise they shouldn't bother playing at all.

You're right boss. No point me playing today. Better let the young lad take my place. :greengrin

The_Horde

If pre match chat means nothing to you then why are you getting on your high horse about it?

Mikey09
Tell you wot..... Get yerself to the bookies for a cheeky bet on Haynes to score. Love a striker with that kind of attitude. Nowt wrong with that... Now go and back it up kid. :not worth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Tell you wot..... Get yerself to the bookies for a cheeky bet on Haynes to score. Love a striker with that kind of attitude. Nowt wrong with that... Now go and back it up kid. :not worth

That is a cert for bet!

Leishy1995
28-02-2014, 01:52 PM
His contract ends at the end of next season.

Was a notts county fan who told me it was running out.

Mikeystewart
28-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Did Benji not claim he was going to score 2 goals before the final in 2007? It was his confidence that made him a great player. It was also evident when he was lacking in confidence, as he would be gash.

truehibernian
28-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Makes a pleasant change hearing a player talk up his game and be positive rather than see one tweet constantly about boxing, Celtic in Europe and having abusive tweet tennis with Piers Morgan though.

Score more than one Danny please.

The_Exile
28-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Did Benji not claim he was going to score 2 goals before the final in 2007? It was his confidence that made him a great player. It was also evident when he was lacking in confidence, as he would be gash.

I remember after his failed move to an Egyptian club, he came back with his tail between his legs for the opening day game against St Mirren and said if Yogi (1st game in charge if I remember correctly) stuck him on with us needing a winner, he promised he'd get it, lo and behold he comes off the bench and sticks it in the net to get all 3 points in a 2-1 win, superb.

Hibercelona
28-02-2014, 02:53 PM
How does he know he's going to score? Can he see into the future? Did someone come to visit him one day with a sports almanac detailing this game.

I'll be delighted if he scores tonight but he won't score because he knew he would!

No. But if he goes into every game convinced that he's going to score, he'll score a lot more goals in his career.

Gmack7
28-02-2014, 03:14 PM
7/1 with skybet:greengrin

Mikey09
28-02-2014, 03:15 PM
No. But if he goes into every game convinced that he's going to score, he'll score a lot more goals in his career.

Correct. FFS give the lad a bit of credit for being confident. Maybe he's had a **** hot week at training and feels great about the game tonight. Positive mental attitude. Beats some of the doom merchants on here....

Bostonhibby
28-02-2014, 03:16 PM

:agree: confidence player at Ipswich who really did score in big games, or bigger than SPL anyway, I will be on his case if he does this ten times in a row and fails to deliver but meantime good for him, its the alternative to either saying your going to do F all to manage expectations or generate no positivity and no excitement by being a crap forward who rolls up and says and does nothing but get through the 90 minutes and collect the wages - We have had a few.

At this stage in the season and on the run we have been on I say well done son - now walk the walk.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 03:44 PM
Was a notts county fan who told me it was running out.

Aw, defo runs out end of next season. Would be good to keep him but would cost.

Brooster
28-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Aye good one Danny. ...you cant even get a game for Notts County and you think you can do the business up here. You've got a better opinion of yourself than I have. You'll be lucky to score 2 goals between now and the end of the season. Plus you shat yourself on 76 minutes near the halfway line on the east stand side. Your not good enough son.

dp00
28-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Aye good one Danny. ...you cant even get a game for Notts County and you think you can do the business up here. You've got a better opinion of yourself than I have. You'll be lucky to score 2 goals between now and the end of the season. Plus you shat yourself on 76 minutes near the halfway line on the east stand side. Your not good enough son.

Maybe if we gave him some support... Shocked he was taken off for Collins when I thought we should have been playing both of them

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

truehibernian
28-02-2014, 09:18 PM

Hanlon messed himself all game up against the big man for them - Jackie Mac got his game spot on - literally his team talk was 'go play, enjoy yourself'. Every player comfortable, every player slick, more importantly every player wanting on the ball.

Our lads can't play from the back, can't keep four passes strung, and we have no transition from midfield to attack.

All eleven lost battles out there today brooster, not just Haynes.

Sad when United's young boys make our young men in the side look like old journeymen.

JimBHibees
28-02-2014, 09:23 PM

Incredibly harsh

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Incredibly harsh

:agree:

GreenArmyyy!
28-02-2014, 09:29 PM

Terrible post, Danny was the least of our problems tonight.

SeanWilson
28-02-2014, 09:34 PM

Notts County, who cant buy a win... would turn us over..

very harsh post on a pacey winger/striker being asked to be Colin Nish.

Ronniekirk
28-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Hanlon messed himself all game up against the big man for them - Jackie Mac got his game spot on - literally his team talk was 'go play, enjoy yourself'. Every player comfortable, every player slick, more importantly every player wanting on the ball.

Our lads can't play from the back, can't keep four passes strung, and we have no transition from midfield to attack.

All eleven lost battles out there today brooster, not just Haynes.

Sad when United's young boys make our young men in the side look like old journeymen.
They are proper run club developing good young players buying decent players from other clubs and have had managers who can blend it all together . we are simply miles away from that and even Butcher knows it .his body language tonight told you he knew this wasn't a game we could win with the players we have Heff and Collins will be well pissed off now and we ant expect Watmore to work miracles as he hasn't even scored for first team .When we didn't sign someone early in window not even a pre contract I felt that was Petrie laying down the ground rules .Sporting integrity comes at a price and we are paying it that's for sure along with poor management choices . it's hard to keep the frustration in as let's face it we are so far behind the top five teams in terms of quality

Brooster
28-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Terrible post, Danny was the least of our problems tonight.

Perhaps but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was garbage after giving it large on Twitter. Headless chicken.

SteveHFC
28-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Perhaps but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was garbage after giving it large on Twitter. Headless chicken.

:faf:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 10:30 PM
:faf:

I'll second that! :faf:

Leishy1995
28-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Danny Haynes tweet after the game started with this line

"I wasn't good enough tonight"

He knows he wasn't good enough, a bit of support so he doesn't just become yet another wasted signing would be good.

He does however, require more support up there. Him and Stanton had about 30 yards to themself.

Mikey09
28-02-2014, 10:40 PM

I will bet you right now he scores more than 2 goals mouth....

Brooster
01-03-2014, 07:13 AM
I will bet you right now he scores more than 2 goals mouth....

I would rather not because I hope he does go on to score a few goals but I've not seen anything to suggest he will score any more than Collins, especially if we scrape top six. For what it's worth I think Heffernan and Cummings are our best strikers and would easily outscore Haynes and Collins.

truehibernian
01-03-2014, 08:18 AM
I would rather not because I hope he does go on to score a few goals but I've not seen anything to suggest he will score any more than Collins, especially if we scrape top six. For what it's worth I think Heffernan and Cummings are our best strikers and would easily outscore Haynes and Collins.

I sometimes can't fathom a manager's mind Brooster - maybe I'm too simplistic and see football as an easier game than coaches make it. Jason got a Scotland call up this week, so already you know you have a player bubbling, happy, wanting to play football as he's on cloud nine. Yet he doesn't get a kick in anger. Then you have a captain who is so off form it's embarrassing and he walks back into the side, despite not offering anything in his wee cameo at Rugby Park. Then a centre half playing right back, something even a clown like Dodds who has worked with Jordon says is a bit 'strange'. We have an ideal youngster in Black champing at the bit and who is good enough. Then we have a striker who has scored at every club he's been at down south and up here, not getting a sniff.

It's as I said yesterday, coaches making football a more difficult game than it is and coaches afraid to attack that is ruining football and ruining Hibernian FC - we need to embrace and encourage attacking football and allowing players to express themselves - but play players who are the best in their positions.

Allant1981
01-03-2014, 08:22 AM

He had no support up front what so ever, was having to run about trying to make something out of nothing, have you ever played up front yourself?

Allant1981
01-03-2014, 08:23 AM

Just as well your not picking the team then if you think cummings is one of our 2 best strikers, he is unproven at this level and hasnt scored a senior goal yet

Aldo
01-03-2014, 08:25 AM
I sometimes can't fathom a manager's mind Brooster - maybe I'm too simplistic and see football as an easier game than coaches make it. Jason got a Scotland call up this week, so already you know you have a player bubbling, happy, wanting to play football as he's on cloud nine. Yet he doesn't get a kick in anger. Then you have a captain who is so off form it's embarrassing and he walks back into the side, despite not offering anything in his wee cameo at Rugby Park. Then a centre half playing right back, something even a clown like Dodds who has worked with Jordon says is a bit 'strange'. We have an ideal youngster in Black champing at the bit and who is good enough. Then we have a striker who has scored at every club he's been at down south and up here, not getting a sniff. It's as I said yesterday, coaches making football a more difficult game than it is and coaches afraid to attack that is ruining football and ruining Hibernian FC - we need to embrace and encourage attacking football and allowing players to express themselves - but play players who are the best in their positions.

Nuff said. Nowt more to add to that.

O apart from this TH. I would take the Captains armband from Craig with immediate effect. Nowhere near good enough.

Brooster
01-03-2014, 08:37 AM
He had no support up front what so ever, was having to run about trying to make something out of nothing, have you ever played up front yourself?

I realise playing up front on your todd is a thankless task, my original point was that by coming on twitter the day of a game to predict that he will score 2 goals in a Hibs win is a rather stupid thing to do, especially when he's only just in the door and hasn't really shown that he is any good.....in my opinion of course.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Haynes and Collins, no doubt in my mind that both of them will score goals played in a role/system that supports them, a ****** thankless task for either of them being asked to produce the goods in their current roles.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-03-2014, 10:35 AM
That Butcher stepped forward so quickly to apologize for that tells me that the whole team were rank last night and the performance level was unacceptable for a group of professional players. If we are keen to drill that down further and argue who was the crappiest of the crap, we are maybe missing the point.