PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs 1 v 3 Dundee Utd (Forster)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Ronniekirk
28-02-2014, 09:07 PM
You can stick your Friday night football up your arse ....... And your Saturday and Sunday :fuming:
So you will be there if we play on a Monday ,Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday :wink:

Famous Fiver
28-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Tin hat on here.....Many of the 'experts' on here were only glad to see the back of John Rankin, ' not Hibs class, numpty, useless etc etc,,

Discuss......

SaulGoodman
28-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Tin hat on here.....Many of the 'experts' on here were only glad to see the back of John Rankin, ' not Hibs class, numpty, useless etc etc,,

Discuss......

We had a good team at the time and he wasn't good enough for it so we got rid of him.

We have a ***** team now and he seems okay.

hibees 7062
28-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Blly Dodds , Hibs have no defence , nothing in midfield and no attack . First time i agree with the wee p....

Ronniekirk
28-02-2014, 09:13 PM
I'd only have Harris, Hanlon and Stanton getting a regular game out of that lot next season tbh. There will be a huge turnover in players this pre season in my view.
But that just creates other problems of how long it takes to gell a new team,and he won't get his top signings as we are skint and Petrie won't fork out on right players and then backs fenlon for wrong player ie Collins ,although with Craig off form and not scoring we are missing Collins goals and never thought I would be posting that .

Ronniekirk
28-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Blly Dodds , Hibs have no defence , nothing in midfield and no attack . First time i agree with the wee p....
On tonight's performance yes but look at last game at. Tannadice We played well for 75 minutes .Only hibs can go from that to this so quickly

Onion
28-02-2014, 09:17 PM

Discuss......

For whatever reason Rankin was rank rotten at Hibs, so lets not try rewrite history.

Tonight, he played with a big cigar in his mouth, but that's easy when you :

1. have a point to prove.
2. have nothing to lose.
3. Are up against one of the worst midfields in the Prem, lead by Craig.
4. You're surrounded by decent players with a game plan, 2-1 up and playing 9 headless chickens and a goalie.

Heisenberg
28-02-2014, 09:18 PM
But that just creates other problems of how long it takes to gell a new team,and he won't get his top signings as we are skint and Petrie won't fork out on right players and then backs fenlon for wrong player ie Collins ,although with Craig off form and not scoring we are missing Collins goals and never thought I would be posting that .

He signed most of the current ICT squad in the one go during the summer transfer window and they did ok for him. He can work on a budget and the summer transfer windows are when he gets the main deals done. Problem is we've got some guff players signed up for another season or two. The guys TB signs will buy into what he wants, I'd say most of the current lot don't.

cabbageandribs1875
28-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Att: 9,608

Onceinawhile
28-02-2014, 09:53 PM
I thought danny handling did alright when he came on. Held the ball up well and beat a few men. Him and williams were the only ones to get pass marks.

kevin thomson needs to be integrated into that team asap. He might slow play down, but he is the oblt player in the squad who can make a fuc***g two yard pass.

BSEJVT
28-02-2014, 10:34 PM
I thought danny handling did alright when he came on. Held the ball up well and beat a few men. Him and williams were the only ones to get pass marks.

kevin thomson needs to be integrated into that team asap. He might slow play down, but he is the oblt player in the squad who can make a fuc***g two yard pass.

Handling is too slow, whichis a pity as he is at least a footballer.

I honestly despair though, not only are we slow in getting around the pitch, we are slow in thought and execution.

We don't do anything instinctively, perhaps a result of low confidence, but it's so endemic in the entire team, you begin to wonder if it's coached out of them in an effort to retain the ball longer.

wookie70
28-02-2014, 11:07 PM
I like the theory called the Wisdom of Crowds. It goes that the average of a crowds opinion is usually more accurate than any single opinion. It is normally guessing the weight of a prize bull but could equally apply to picking a football team. How did TB pick Liam Craig and Alex Harris in tonight's team. I imagine that a large proportion of the support would have left them out and ultimately would have been proven correct. Cairney must be scratching his head as to how he doesn't get a start as he has featured in a big chunk of the wins we have had since he signed.

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Att: 9,608

Better than I thought it would be........Positive note?:greengrin

Liberal Hibby
28-02-2014, 11:46 PM
I thought the interesting thing was how well balanced United were - their midfielders always seemed to pick the ball up on their 'right' side so their first touch took them away from their marking Hibs' player. On our side for example Alex Harris rarely got away from his equivalent so was always left having to beat his marker again.

I don't get this 'our players are crap' malarkey - Fenlon signed solid SPL standard players - Robertson, Craig, Cairney etc etc - players who had achieved at the level we are aiming at. So we have the players - but devising a system to get them playing is proving much more difficult.

I just hope we have a bit of patience and allow Tel to experiment and take a few uncomfortable defeats on the way. Because if we chuck out all the players we have and start again we'll be grubbing around the bottom 6 for another couple of seasons and then Tel gets his jotters, and it all starts again...

Greencore
01-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Give Calderwood time...........

Give Fenlon time....................

Give Butcher time...................

Fed up hearing this pish.
Hate to say it but I agree. What else can we do but give Terry and co time? People say change at the top. But what really needs to happen IMO is investment from fans... Not taking the Micky here but maybe direct debits each month from fans... Changing chairman to someone more open to spending a little on the team... Maybe lowering ticket prices and going for a structure they have in Germany to get more fans on seats.., sometimes I think about walking away from Scottish football but I love hibs too much.. Gotta admit It will always be celtc winning the league now. How can the players get ambition.. People say we should be aiming for second next season. Why not first? Why accept defeat. Sure it looks impossible probably is but no harm in trying.

spike220
01-03-2014, 12:38 AM
We might need to give Butcher time etc etc but he has to take some of the blame for what we saw tonight.

He was the one who put ONE striker in the starting 11, he was the one who put Craig back in to the team, he's the one that can't see Harris needs benched.

I thought Harris showed improvement tonight and he actually bet his man more than once, which shows he is on the path back. But he might be better playing back to form in the U20's. I still think he is one for the future though.

Aldo
01-03-2014, 06:22 AM
I don't know where to start.

Folk have mentioned who we keep and who goes. For me the only player that should escape any criticism is Haynes.

If the Utd CH pairing get an easier nite I'd be very surprised. He was so isolated it was unbelievable. (Possibly TT before he was sent off).

As for who stays or goes...... After that showing last nite I'm of the opinion that they could all go and wouldn't be missed.

We have nowt. No shape, balance we don't even look like a team.

It's easy to point the finger at TB and his management team but I think it shows how poor a squad of players we actually have.

I will say TB did get it wrong bringing in Craig last nite who now deserves a wee seat in the stands or on the bench because he has being carried for weeks.