PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if anyone has seen this..

SDavey1992
26-02-2014, 10:48 PM
But Youtube's SPFL channel just posted a wee video of 5 spectacular goals and we are involved in 3 of them, albeit with one being against us.

Anyway, here's the link for anyone who wants it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgJNtspn-ys

Spudster
26-02-2014, 10:51 PM
John Spencer's goals is an absolute belter. What a wasted opportunity Agathe was!

s2hart
26-02-2014, 10:57 PM
I thought the Agathe goal was against Dundee!? The away end looks a decent crowd too!

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Remember that Agathe goal like it was yesterday. Was Dundee though, not Motherwell as listed? Unless I'm losing my mind?? Remember being so so gutted at him moving to Celtic. I can kind of see why we gave him a short contract, was defo the wrong decision though. Can't imagine he was on much. Could have risked given him 12 months

Hibercelona
26-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Cheers for that. Could never quite figure out who that player was on the Hibs DVD.

Thecat23
26-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Was defo against Dundee. I was sat in those glass boxes that day with a Mr David Zetelli as he was watching us. Not sure if he had signed yet. He couldn't believe how good we were.

Bear in mind Dundee were the team to beat then and had some unreal players. They went 1-0 as well I think? Agathe goal is the best goal I've seen at ER. Not a screamer just that he beat half the city of Dundee before slipping it into the corner. Wish we had him tied down longer than the 3 month trial. Sure Martin. O'Neill was at that game as well watching him.

GreenLake
26-02-2014, 11:09 PM
They left out Leigh Griffiths free kick that wasn't given

B.H.F.C
26-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Was defo against Dundee. I was sat in those glass boxes that day with a Mr David Zetelli as he was watching us. Not sure if he had signed yet. He couldn't believe how good we were.

Bear in mind Dundee were the team to beat then and had some unreal players. They went 1-0 as well I think? Agathe goal is the best goal I've seen at ER. Not a screamer just that he beat half the city of Dundee before slipping it into the corner. Wish we had him tied down longer than the 3 month trial. Sure Martin. O'Neill was at that game as well watching him.

Aye it was early in the season and I'm sure they'd won all their games up until that point. Was it 5-2 the game finished?

That was a massive mistake only having Agathe on a 3 month deal as he went on to be quality in a really good Celtic team.

ehf
26-02-2014, 11:20 PM

Defo against Dundee. I was in the FF lower that day, dundee scored first but ended up 5-1 to us I think.

Agatha was clearly quality but Celtic nicked him and O'Neill played him as a wing-back, great move to be fair.

Also note Alen Orman's goal v the Huns at Ibrox features. Had forgotten that, but sadly have never forgotten his instrumental role in turning a 4-2 injury time lead at the PBS into a 4-4 draw...

Thecat23
26-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Aye it was early in the season and I'm sure they'd won all their games up until that point. Was it 5-2 the game finished?

That was a massive mistake only having Agathe on a 3 month deal as he went on to be quality in a really good Celtic team.

That's right mate, was 4th game or something. Yeah sure it was 5-2. I still can't believe he got a 3 month deal. It was a risk that defo backfired!

Thecat23
26-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Defo against Dundee. I was in the FF lower that day, dundee scored first but ended up 5-1 to us I think.

Agatha was clearly quality but Celtic nicked him and O'Neill played him as a wing-back, great move to be fair.

Also note Alen Orman's goal v the Huns at Ibrox features. Had forgotten that, but sadly have never forgotten his instrumental role in turning a 4-2 injury time lead at the PBS into a 4-4 draw...

I actually liked Orman and he loved Hibs! Always remember when he took a fit against Celtic in that cup game. You could have heard a pin drop. Sure it was Celtics physio that was screaming to the ref to stop it.

Billy Whizz
26-02-2014, 11:23 PM

One of my favourite Hibs games. The football played by both teams that day was stunning

ehf
26-02-2014, 11:28 PM
I actually liked Orman and he loved Hibs! Always remember when he took a fit against Celtic in that cup game. You could have heard a pin drop. Sure it was Celtics physio that was screaming to the ref to stop it.

Christ, had forgotten that as well. Horrific.

Did like Orman, but he became a bit of a fringe player after we signed De La Cruz - another great enigma.

zlatan
26-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Nice video. There must be a huge archive of great stuff for a lot of SPL teams around about 2000 due to the overspending we were all doing, be nice to see more of it.

B.H.F.C
26-02-2014, 11:35 PM

Don't think anyone really remembers that Orman actually chipped in a fair bit in Mowbrays first season. I always remember the game up at Dundee Utd on Boxing Day. Was one of the best performances I've seen from Hibs and he scored a goal that day. Was a strange player though, I thought. Did go on to play in the Champions League after he left!

Thecat23
26-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Christ, had forgotten that as well. Horrific.

Did like Orman, but he became a bit of a fringe player after we signed De La Cruz - another great enigma.

That's right, he just faded out and that was that. I love watching videos from around then. Players were great to watch, and as another poster says, the overspending we all done provided some great teams all over the SPL at that time. I hate the old firm but watching Gazza, Laudrup, Larrson Lubo Moravcik, sauzee, etc.. Really was a joy to watch!

Thecat23
26-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Don't think anyone really remembers that Orman actually chipped in a fair bit in Mowbrays first season. I always remember the game up at Dundee Utd on Boxing Day. Was one of the best performances I've seen from Hibs and he scored a goal that day. Was a strange player though, I thought. Did go on to play in the Champions League after he left!

I mind that game! Like you say he was a strange player. Got caught out a lot I felt when bombing forward. Some games he was great and others he was like a drunk chasing a balloon. Yeah he defo played in the CL.

hibeemikey21
26-02-2014, 11:37 PM

Think that was against rangers. Lost 3-2 that night.

Murray scored a belter early on and O'Connor also notched one.

Thecat23
26-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Think that was against rangers. Lost 3-2 that night.

Murray scored a belter early on and O'Connor also notched one.

Ah I think your right, i thought it was the LC game we won. But thinking back that rings a bell.

hibeemikey21
26-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Remembered 4 out of the 5. Surprisingly, the most recent one (Foster) didn't ring any bells!

Was at tannadice as a wee kid when David Hannah scored

I remember John Spencer's interview on the radio that night after scoring his goal. Said something along the lines of: "I hit it because I was knackered/couldn't be ersed running"!

ehf
26-02-2014, 11:41 PM
That's right, he just faded out and that was that. I love watching videos from around then. Players were great to watch, and as another poster says, the overspending we all done provided some great teams all over the SPL at that time. I hate the old firm but watching Gazza, Laudrup, Larrson Lubo Moravcik, sauzee, etc.. Really was a joy to watch!

Yes indeed. When you think of the rubbish we have had to endure (not just at Hibs) over the last 6 or 7 years, you have to wonder why we still bother...

hibeemikey21
26-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Ah I think your right, i thought it was the LC game we won. But thinking back that rings a bell.

It's very vivid because I was young, had no clue what was going on and it was happening right in front of me.

Recall him having another seizure in a warm up later on too

Found the highlights of that rangers game:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RSmBHH_zgjw

hibeemikey21
26-02-2014, 11:45 PM

Think he assisted a couple in that game also! Memorable for collectors items such as a riordan headed goal and a Sammy morrow goal too!

Bizarre!

Thecat23
26-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Yes indeed. When you think of the rubbish we have had to endure (not just at Hibs) over the last 6 or 7 years, you have to wonder why we still bother...

I know that's one reason fans stopped going. Not just us but over the years the value for money hasn't been there. Imagine having guys like Latapty and Sauzee here now. Place would be packed. I'm glad Petrie done what he did though and bled the young kids into the side knowing our game was going tits up. We were streets ahead and it left is in the good position (off the park) but suffering on it with below average players.

Thecat23
26-02-2014, 11:47 PM
It's very vivid because I was young, had no clue what was going on and it was happening right in front of me.

Recall him having another seizure in a warm up later on too

Found the highlights of that rangers game:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RSmBHH_zgjw

Was scary at the time and I got the fright of my life. Glad he was ok though but was an eerie atmosphere after it for about 15 mins. Think it was shock.

frazeHFC
26-02-2014, 11:49 PM
That's right mate, was 4th game or something. Yeah sure it was 5-2. I still can't believe he got a 3 month deal. It was a risk that defo backfired!

Was 5-1, I used to have a video that contained extended highlights of this game, used to love watching it before school now and again when I was wee! :agree:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/hibees-history-hibs-5-1-dundee-august-12-2000-1-2462880

JohnStephens91
27-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Was scary at the time and I got the fright of my life. Glad he was ok though but was an eerie atmosphere after it for about 15 mins. Think it was shock.

It happened right in front of me in the East Stand, I remember asking my dad what was happening - definitely one of the scariest things to see on a football pitch. It happened again in a pre-match warm up before a game against Motherwell I think, it was the end of the season in 2003?

Aldo
27-02-2014, 07:13 AM
I mind that game! Like you say he was a strange player. Got caught out a lot I felt when bombing forward. Some games he was great and others he was like a drunk chasing a balloon. Yeah he defo played in the CL.

Orman went onto to play for FC Thun - Swiss team I think. Played arsenal in CL

Hiber-nation
27-02-2014, 07:51 AM
What a great wee compilation.

Still can't believe Orman's goal, I can hardly ever remember him using his left foot!

hibs4thecup1988
27-02-2014, 08:02 AM
What a great wee compilation.

Still can't believe Orman's goal, I can hardly ever remember him using his left foot!

Neither could he!

He stayed about 5 minutes from me and I remember seeing him the day after and his words where "I love Hibernian and just went for it I love this place"

That night against Rangers was frightening, the fact my son has since went on to have a few as well is scary too. Orman was superb for us in games and very under rated.

Mark79
27-02-2014, 09:06 AM
I was in a boozer in magaluf where they had the game on radio Scotland. Pub packed with dens fans. I was only identifiable hibby so barman gave me a free drink for every hibs goal scored.