PDA

View Full Version : shalke v real Madrid

Hibee87
26-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Anyone watching this? 4 0 real. Is there a more scary front line in the world just now than bale benzema annd ronaldo? Superb stuff

Craig_in_Prague
26-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Yep, some firepower. Could have scored many more.
(Did u see the poor stat RM have in Germany? Was surprising, but it shows they count for nothing on the night)

hibbill2002
26-02-2014, 09:13 PM
5 now, Bale is some player.

Sir David Gray
26-02-2014, 09:14 PM
5-0 now.

Any point in playing the second leg? :confused:

Aldo
26-02-2014, 09:29 PM
5 now, Bale is some player.

Indeed. His first was pure class.

And to think Madrid had only won once in their previous 25 visits to Germany.

Ronniekirk
26-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Indeed. His first was pure class.
Surely you mean Hibs Class

Aldo
26-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Surely you mean Hibs Class

Sorry but waaaaaayyyyy better than Hibs class.

No 6. Brilliant finish from Ronnie Ronaldo.

What a finish from JKH. Another superb goal.

1-6

Sylar
26-02-2014, 09:33 PM
182,440 vButtons heading my way because of this result - cheers Real! :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
26-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Sorry but waaaaaayyyyy better than Hibs class.

No 6. Brilliant finish from Ronnie Ronaldo.

What a finish from JKH. Another superb goal.

1-6
Your making me wish I could watch it :confused:

Aldo
26-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Your making me wish I could watch it :confused:

It was on Sky 1 this evening. I've got BT sport not SS.

Hillsidehibby
26-02-2014, 09:45 PM
6-1????? I left at 5-0. See these people who leave early???

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-02-2014, 09:45 PM
On a side note, you've got to love Peter Lovenkrands hybrid accent on SS4! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
26-02-2014, 09:54 PM
On a side note, you've got to love Peter Lovenkrands hybrid accent on SS4! :greengrin

I was listening to him right after half time, when the camera was showing the players coming back onto the pitch and it was just his voice in the background giving a summary of the first half.

It was the best Scottish accent by a non-Scottish person I have heard for some time!

I actually thought it was a Scotsman who was speaking at first.

Haymaker
27-02-2014, 12:45 AM
Surely cant be true? Ronaldo nevers scores in big games.

hibbysam
27-02-2014, 01:15 AM
Surely cant be true? Ronaldo nevers scores in big games.

Ronaldo never, for a long time, turned up in the big matches... Until the last probably two years that is. As a matter of fact I wouldn't quite class a last 16 tie against Schalke one of Real's "Big" games. As another matter of fact though, Ronaldo has matured into a very clever footballer with many aspects to his game now...

Haymaker
27-02-2014, 01:46 AM
Ronaldo never, for a long time, turned up in the big matches... Until the last probably two years that is. As a matter of fact I wouldn't quite class a last 16 tie against Schalke one of Real's "Big" games. As another matter of fact though, Ronaldo has matured into a very clever footballer with many aspects to his game now...

So a champions league final isnt a big game?
Or champions league Semi final goals?
Of course, he has never scored v Barcelona in 5 years, certainly not the winner in a domestic cup final?

Ronaldo is, was, will be a fantastic big game player.

hibbysam
27-02-2014, 05:22 AM
So a champions league final isnt a big game?
Or champions league Semi final goals?
Of course, he has never scored v Barcelona in 5 years, certainly not the winner in a domestic cup final?

Ronaldo is, was, will be a fantastic big game player.

How many goals did he score against Barcelona until 2 years ago? And how many times was he in a Real Madrid winning side vs Barcelona? How many trophies did he guide Real to? Barcelona dominated the Classico and Spanish football for 4/5 years and a lot of that was down to Ronaldo not showing up. His record in other games couldn't be faulted but just have a little check of your stats in the Classico until 2 years ago.

Marty-Hibee
27-02-2014, 09:04 AM
I covered the -1, -2 and -3, was an enjoyable watch from that aspect! They were brilliant to watch though, a healthy competition of wanting to outdo each other without being greedy. Felt sorry for Huntelaar, scores probably the best goal of his career and couldn't celebrate it!

PeeJay
27-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Was quite impressed by the Schalke supporters - who were in great voice even at 1-6 down, and who were confidently singing that they will stuff Bayern on Saturday :greengrin.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Schalke goal was so good it should have counted for 6

Haymaker
27-02-2014, 01:02 PM
How many goals did he score against Barcelona until 2 years ago? And how many times was he in a Real Madrid winning side vs Barcelona? How many trophies did he guide Real to? Barcelona dominated the Classico and Spanish football for 4/5 years and a lot of that was down to Ronaldo not showing up. His record in other games couldn't be faulted but just have a little check of your stats in the Classico until 2 years ago.

Bit in bold, are you sure it wasn't down to the fact Barcelona were possibly the best team ever at the time? Not sure many players consistently "showed up" vs that era Barcelona.

One title (so far). The first since 2007/08 season. One Copa Del Rey. The first since 1992/3 season.

However, my point still stands. He scores and performs in big games. Always has.

Champions League final? Scored.

Champions League semi finals? Scored.
Champions League Quarter finals. Scored.
Copa Del Rey final. Scored (vs Barcelona, in 2011 and against Ath Madrid in 2013)

Plus the big games he played in England, well before he became the player he is now? Games v Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City (derby games are never small).

Scored in Euro 2004 Semi-final too.

The guy has been class. Certainly stepped it up recently though but to dismiss his big game goals before the last two years is wrong imo.