PDA

View Full Version : Best General (Non team specific) Football Forum or Blog

bigwheel
26-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Can anyone recommend any great general (e.g. non Hibs specific) football forum's or blogs....Always interested in reading new views , different slants..

My one would be inbedwithmaradona... content and articles can be good quality - although find the site navigation not that great.

So any recommendations??

Centre Hawf
27-02-2014, 10:21 AM
I usually quite like a listen of The Terrace Podcast. Their websites not half bad either and they do quite a lot of stat collections as one of the guys run the SPL Stats account on twitter.

Although as I think 2 or 3 of them are Yams they do seem to over describe Hearts fixtures and we get less time. But that may be me being paranoid.

patlowe
27-02-2014, 12:49 PM
I usually quite like a listen of The Terrace Podcast. Their websites not half bad either and they do quite a lot of stat collections as one of the guys run the SPL Stats account on twitter.

Although as I think 2 or 3 of them are Yams they do seem to over describe Hearts fixtures and we get less time. But that may be me being paranoid.

Yeah but they're normally pretty fair and brutal when it comes to pointing out Hearts' failings so it makes it quite a humorous listen! It's a pretty decent podcast, probably the best going if you're looking for an unbiased, detailed look at Scottish football. Although anything is better than the "let's turn our attention to Rangers/latest Neil Lennon moan" type of show you get on the BBC podcast and others.

Two Halves
27-02-2014, 01:07 PM
I agree, the Terrace Podcast is good listen..

Although more English Premiership heavy, The Football Ramble is a great weekly podcast, that I would definitely recommend. They have a decent forum on the football ramble website as well.

From a Scottish perspective, Pie & Bovril can be ok, although when it comes to derbies etc, the bickering on there becomes very petty!

Nando™
27-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Pie and Bovril.

As said above, some of the bickering has been ridiculously child-like at times. There are some very clued-up folk on there though, and the depth of debate and rational conversation found on the off topic part of the forum is tremendous.

bigwheel
27-02-2014, 05:31 PM
I do like the Terrace Podcast. Decent balanced show - particularly their Thursday look at the lower leagues.

Craig_HFC
27-02-2014, 05:36 PM
As Two Halves said, The Football Ramble is excellent. Doesn't take itself too seriously like some other podcasts too and they have a laugh. The forum on their website is very decent too.

Elephant Stone
27-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Pie and Bovril should be avoided, IMO. Too many desperately obsessive weirdos in need of hugs.

Jones28
27-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Pie and Bovril is to be avoided. Absolute drivel

R'Albin
27-02-2014, 07:55 PM
A mate of mine who runs a big forum says generic football ones are incredibly hard to run. Most football fans will just go to their club's, and apparently you're likely to need big sponsors/money. He tried creating one and it attracted a few decent members, but it never really took off like other forums of his, but he'll maybe try later.

But yeah, I don't think there is any big ones that are that great for discussion. I'm happy enough on here, anyway.