PDA

View Full Version : A Good Idea, Or More Unnecessary Meddling?

Gettin' Auld
26-02-2014, 12:57 PM
What do you think? :greengrin

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/feb/26/breaking-the-law-penalty-area-decisions

SaulGoodman
26-02-2014, 04:33 PM
I don't understand, so if someone is fouled 40 yards out, provided for some reason there was no defenders ahead of him, he'd get a penalty?

Gettin' Auld
26-02-2014, 04:42 PM
I don't understand, so if someone is fouled 40 yards out, provided for some reason there was no defenders ahead of him, he'd get a penalty?

That's how i read it.......

Your scenario might be stretching things a bit far, but if it was deemed a 'goal scoring' opportunity, a penalty would be awarded whether it happened inside the box or not.

patlowe
26-02-2014, 04:49 PM
The idea of indirect free kicks for fouls in the box where there is no goal scoring opportunity denied would heap pressure on referees and create a whole new raft of controversial decisions for the media and supporters to salivate over.

Having said that, I presume that this guy isn't really suggesting this should happen but is merely trying to instigate debate.

Weststandwanab
26-02-2014, 04:56 PM
A non story IMO

Hibercelona
26-02-2014, 05:02 PM
It's hardly an original idea. I'm sure many have thought about this in the past. But it's never happened for a reason.