PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Euro fixtures - travel

Speedy
25-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Hopefully there's some seasoned experts out there.

Looks like there will be a few good trips. What's the best way to get to each place?

I'll start with the easy one...:greengrin

Dublin - Ryanair flight

Baba O'riley
25-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Can depend on how many days you have for travelling. One of my friends has already booked to go to Krakow, and will travel to wherever the game is. So you could also book ryanair to Weeze, and gamble that the game is played in Dortmund again, or get a connecting internal flight/train. For Georgia, guess it'd be with BA or equivalent to Tblisi via Heathrow or Gatwick. Gibraltar play all their home games in Portugal

MartinfaePorty
25-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Few folk on the TAMB website have booked to Frankfurt on rhe basis has good links to all possible venues.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

LancsHibs
25-02-2014, 10:40 PM
My guess is the Germany game will be at the Olympic stadium in Berlin

Hibrandenburg
26-02-2014, 06:01 AM

149 bus!

brian6-2
26-02-2014, 08:15 AM

really hope thats the case. games on a sunday too, straight from berghain to the game :aok:

Ringothedog
26-02-2014, 09:30 AM
149 bus!

If that goes to Spandau I will be on that as well:agree:

Hibrandenburg
26-02-2014, 09:39 AM
If that goes to Spandau I will be on that as well:agree:

That's the one. Get off at Heerstr. and walk up to the Biergarten in the Preußischerlandhof for a few beers and a bratwurst before and after the game.

Jones28
26-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Quite fancy a Tartan Army away day. Are tickets easy to come by or do you have to be in a club or what?

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Quite fancy a Tartan Army away day. Are tickets easy to come by or do you have to be in a club or what?

The latter :agree:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3138

MartinfaePorty
26-02-2014, 11:23 AM

Used to be that, whilst you needed to be in the Supporters Club to buy an away ticket, you could have someone apply (unofficially) on your behalf if you weren't a member and pass on the ticket. This changed when every fan was required to pick up their tickets for the return leg of the play-off with the Netherlands (this was more down to logistics, as the time between the draw and the game was very short). Even though this had the affect of reducing the numbers of the away support somewhat, I think this then gave them the idea to start doing a random selection of fans to pick up their tickets in person, generally from a hotel in a central location, to avoid any non-members getting a ticket. This also gave them control over who attended matches and, so they said, reduce any potential for trouble.

There are plenty folk, some I've seen posting on here, that say they have never been a member and get tickets for the home end without much difficulty and have no trouble with the home fans. I've done this in Germany and 2 friends were given free tickets by friendly Dutch fans for the aformentioned play-off in Amsterdam (when we were humped 6-0). This might not be the case for smaller venues where tickets are scarcer and there was a huge problem recently (Macedonia?) with fans gettting in with fake tickets and others with official ones being knocked back.

The problem for a lot of members is that tickets are allocated first to those who have accumulated the most points (1 point for each of the last 10 away games you have bought a ticket for). I was up to about 5 points a few years ago, but am back down to zero, so bit random if I would get tickets for any of the games. The easiest way to get up the ladder is to go to a few friendlies that will only attract the die hards, plus a few hundred others. I have a mate in Warsaw who would be happy to take me in the away end, so might just take him up on that.

I know many on here are, shall we say, not fans of the Tartan Army, but I have always enjoyed my trips away and some of my best travel memories have come from following Scotland.

Ringothedog
26-02-2014, 11:25 AM
That's the one. Get off at Heerstr. and walk up to the Biergarten in the Preußischerlandhof for a few beers and a bratwurst before and after the game.

Will probably do something along those lines(if it is in Berlin). I will certainly be outnumbered as will be going with Germans to the German end(if they can get tickets)

Carheenlea
26-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Is it frowned upon to be in the opposition end at football internationals? I have been an armchair Scotland fan since the very early 90's so have no chance of a Scotland ticket for Dublin, but Irish members of my family reckon they can get tickets for home end without too much difficulty.

Ross4356
26-02-2014, 11:53 AM
really hope thats the case. games on a sunday too, straight from berghain to the game :aok:

I will join you

Hibrandenburg
26-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Will probably do something along those lines(if it is in Berlin). I will certainly be outnumbered as will be going with Germans to the German end(if they can get tickets)

Don't imagine there being much of a problem getting tickets for the German ends. Problems might occur getting in in full highland attire though.

Ringothedog
26-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Don't imagine there being much of a problem getting tickets for the German ends. Problems might occur getting in in full highland attire though.

Would be more likely to wear Hibs or Hertha gear:wink:

Frazerbob
26-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Would be more likely to wear Hibs or Hertha gear:wink:

No club colours on a Scotland trip, only causes grief.

Ringothedog
26-02-2014, 01:12 PM
No club colours on a Scotland trip, only causes grief.

Hibs kilt?

brian6-2
26-02-2014, 01:25 PM
I will join you

good lad :thumbsup:

bod
26-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Hibs kilt?

frowned upon, also long sleeved tops to cover any hibs tattoo's you've got
kilt sock must be rolled down to your ankles not pulled up above yer knee like the egg chasers like to wear

Bristolhibby
26-02-2014, 02:06 PM
frowned upon, also long sleeved tops to cover any hibs tattoo's you've got
kilt sock must be rolled down to your ankles not pulled up above yer knee like the egg chasers like to wear

Never seen any bother with Hibs kilts (I always spot them) or club tattoos.

Club jerseys is a no-no.

Regarding home ends.

I've been in home ends in Germany, France & Macedonia. Macedonia was the only one where there was a problem. But our hotel was close so we changed into shorts and t shirts and walked in.

I've had mates in the home ends in Czech Rep, Norway & Croatia and they've never had any bother.

J

bod
26-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Never seen any bother with Hibs kilts (I always spot them) or club tattoos.

Club jerseys is a no-no.

Regarding home ends.

I've been in home ends in Germany, France & Macedonia. Macedonia was the only one where there was a problem. But our hotel was close so we changed into shorts and t shirts and walked in.

I've had mates in the home ends in Czech Rep, Norway & Croatia and they've never had any bother.

J

forgot nae standing on barstools belting out sunshine on Leith

HarpyHibby
26-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Sat in the home end in Paris and in Cardiff in 2012 with no problems at all.

Hope they announce the venue for Germany asap. Flights to munich at around from £190 Edinburgh just now...

flash
26-02-2014, 04:37 PM

To be fair it's not compulsory to dress like an extra from Brigadoon.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-02-2014, 04:48 PM
23 posts into the thread before that appeared, surely a new record for .net.

Hibrandenburg
26-02-2014, 04:55 PM
To be fair it's not compulsory to dress like an extra from Brigadoon.

To be fair I didn't say it was, but it is good fun providing you're not analy retentive or so far up your own erse that you take yourself too seriously.

Speedy
26-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Is it frowned upon to be in the opposition end at football internationals? I have been an armchair Scotland fan since the very early 90's so have no chance of a Scotland ticket for Dublin, but Irish members of my family reckon they can get tickets for home end without too much difficulty.

Just wear a kilt and an ireland top.

If anyone quizzes you just say you're McGeady's dad.

Hibrandenburg
26-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Just wear a kilt and an ireland top.

If anyone quizzes you just say you're McGeady's dad.

I'll just show them my German helmet and I'll be fine. :wink:

El Gubbz
26-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Was already planning a trip to Munich in the summer so we've booked to go between 3rd-9th September £115 and if it's not in Munich planning on travelling wherever. Shame Munich is hours from anywhere!!

HiBremian
26-02-2014, 07:29 PM
149 bus!

Is a Wochenende ticket valid on a 149 bus? :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
26-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Is a Wochenende ticket valid on a 149 bus? :greengrin

You won't need one Richard. Public transport within the city is included in the ticket. German efficiency :greengrin

lucky
26-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Gibraltar game is to be played in Faro. Seems strange to let them into the UFEA if they can't play a game in their own "Country"

LancsHibs
26-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Gibraltar game is to be played in Faro. Seems strange to let them into the UFEA if they can't play a game in their own "Country"

Why not, is the stadium not up to it?

Speedy
27-02-2014, 07:37 AM

Has this been confirmed?

Wikipedia (I know, could be *****) says they are playing in Faro until their stadium is ready. Apparently started in 2013 so may be ready for our game.