PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup Qualification 2014

theonlywayisup
25-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Early days, with only Dubuisson looking a certain qualifier. It will be interesting to see how the team changes during the season. Would also be good to see at least on Scot in the team.

The current 9 in the automatic positions are:

Dubuisson
Bjorn
Poulter
Stenson
Garcia
McIlroy
Donaldson
Rose
Luiten

Others outside the top 9 and relying on picks include Westwood, Donald, Kaymer, Hanson, Molinari, McDowell, Fisher, Manassero & Gallacher. But plenty of time for things to change.

PatHead
25-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Notice Paul Lawrie is skipping an event to go to the League Cup final. Hope it doesn't end up costing him a place in the team.

Golden Bear
26-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Early days, with only Dubuisson looking a certain qualifier. It will be interesting to see how the team changes during the season. Would also be good to see at least on Scot in the team.

The current 9 in the automatic positions are:

Dubuisson
Bjorn
Poulter
Stenson
Garcia
McIlroy
Donaldson
Rose
Luiten

Others outside the top 9 and relying on picks include Westwood, Donald, Kaymer, Hanson, Molinari, McDowell, Fisher, Manassero & Gallacher. But plenty of time for things to change.

I was very disappointed that Stephen Gallacher didn't finish the job off against Ernie Els in the latest World Golf Championship event. He'd held the upper hand for nearly all of the game but didn't produce the goods when necessary, losing two of the last 3 holes to pars before capitulating to another par at the first extra hole. It won't do his Ryder Cup prospects any good whatsoever.

theonlywayisup
10-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Good weekend for Donaldson and Gallagher. Now:

Dubuisson
Donaldson
Bjorn
Poulter
Stenson
Garcia
McIlroy
Gallagher
Luiten

Others outside the top 9 and relying on picks include Westwood, Donald, Kaymer, Hanson, Molinari, McDowell, Fisher, Manassero & Rose. But plenty of time for things to change.

theonlywayisup
07-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Shaping up to be a strong team. Now:

Dubuisson
Donaldson
Bjorn
Stenson
Garcia
McIlroy
Donald
Rose
Kaymer

Others outside the top 9 and relying on picks include Poulter, Westwood, Luiten, Gallagher, Hanson, Molinari, McDowell, Jiminez, Fisher & Manassero. But plenty of time for things to change.

BroxburnHibee
07-06-2014, 03:28 PM
I'd imagine Poulter & Westwood are guaranteed picks if required - didn't Poulter need a pick last time?.

3pm
08-06-2014, 09:15 AM
I'd imagine Poulter & Westwood are guaranteed picks if required - didn't Poulter need a pick last time?.

Yep....he has been selected a couple of times!

Allant1981
11-06-2014, 07:10 AM
Hopefully steven is in with a shout, he has been playing well recently and knows gleneagles so fingers crossed

3pm
04-08-2014, 07:51 PM
It's hotting up. Big week coming up at the USPGA.

Golden Bear
04-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Westwood is back in the frame following a respectable performance at Firestone. Interesting times in the next few weeks.

Godsahibby
08-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Heard Gallagher had decided not to play in a European tour event in Italy (sure it was Italy) but had a phone call from McGinlay telling him to play in it. Obviously last chance for him to prove himself.

Golden Bear
09-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Heard Gallagher had decided not to play in a European tour event in Italy (sure it was Italy) but had a phone call from McGinlay telling him to play in it. Obviously last chance for him to prove himself.

Stevie G has not helped his cause by failing to qualify for the final 36 holes at the USPGA Championship. I now doubt if he'll get in on merit so his only hope will be selection as a Captain's pick.

IWasThere2016
15-08-2014, 11:18 AM

I'd add McDowell also .. these 3 can 'slug' it out with the Yanks. They know 100% what the Ryder Cup is about, and I would have all 3 immediately.

BTW, Gleneagles is looking fantastic

3pm
15-08-2014, 05:19 PM
I'd add McDowell also .. these 3 can 'slug' it out with the Yanks. They know 100% what the Ryder Cup is about, and I would have all 3 immediately.

BTW, Gleneagles is looking fantastic

McDowell is in as it stands.

It looks like Westwood, Poulter and Donald to me.

Missing will be Molinari and Gallagher.

IWasThere2016
15-08-2014, 09:53 PM
On the subject of the Ryder Cup, I had to turn down the chance to play with Tony Jacklin today .. gutted!! :boo hoo:

Sergey
15-08-2014, 09:59 PM
On the subject of the Ryder Cup, I had to turn down the chance to play with Tony Jacklin today .. gutted!! :boo hoo:

Given your (and his) age...that was never going to be another paedophile story!

BroxburnHibee
27-08-2014, 05:44 AM
With Mcdowell sitting just ahead of Gallagher I'd imagine Mcginley is hoping it stays that way so he can pick Lee, Luke & Poults. Think Stevie G needs 2nd place at least but if it happens who would he leave out?

I'd probably leave Luke out as he's still struggling with his swing changes.

theonlywayisup
30-08-2014, 06:44 PM
With Mcdowell sitting just ahead of Gallagher I'd imagine Mcginley is hoping it stays that way so he can pick Lee, Luke & Poults. Think Stevie G needs 2nd place at least but if it happens who would he leave out?

I'd probably leave Luke out as he's still struggling with his swing changes.

I'm confused - no surprise there!!

Everyone saying that SG has to finish second to pip McDowell for the 9th spot. But what about Donald? He is ahead of SG in the World Points List and surely a good finish in the Deutsche Bank will put him above both players. Same with Poulter!

3pm
31-08-2014, 07:28 AM
I'm confused - no surprise there!!

Everyone saying that SG has to finish second to pip McDowell for the 9th spot. But what about Donald? He is ahead of SG in the World Points List and surely a good finish in the Deutsche Bank will put him above both players. Same with Poulter!

No points for the DB I believe.

greenlex
31-08-2014, 03:44 PM
If Stephen Gallagher doesn't get a captains pick after the weekends performance ahead if some if the so called superstars then my faith in Paul MCGinley will evaporate in an instance.

BroxburnHibee
31-08-2014, 04:15 PM
If Stephen Gallagher doesn't get a captains pick after the weekends performance ahead if some if the so called superstars then my faith in Paul MCGinley will evaporate in an instance.

I actually feel he might well get picked ahead of Donald.

He's a Scot and he's had a great season. Harsh on him if he loses out.

greenlex
31-08-2014, 05:04 PM
I actually feel he might well get picked ahead of Donald.

He's a Scot and he's had a great season. Harsh on him if he loses out.
He simply cannot justify picking Donald before Gallagher. I will be gobsmacked if he does. There us no one anywhere in the world that has done enough on merit to be a pick.

BroxburnHibee
31-08-2014, 05:13 PM
He simply cannot justify picking Donald before Gallagher. I will be gobsmacked if he does. There us no one anywhere in the world that has done enough on merit to be a pick.

Couldn't agree more Al.

I would definitely take Poults, he's like Monty in that it just brings the best out in him and Stevie G deserves it. Not checked the stats but I'd imagine Westy has the better record than Luke. No way will he take Molinari IMO but I believe he has been quoted as it being 3 out of those 5.

Golden Bear
31-08-2014, 05:49 PM
After today, I think Stevie G will be a Captain's pick at the expense of Luke Donald. Not an easy decision for Mcginlay but I think that's the way it will go.

Golden Bear
02-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Many congrats to Stevie G for his thoroughly deserved selection.

We'll even forgive him for following the wrong team in green & white and we'll remember that his Uncle Bernie is a big Hibby.

:cheers:

The_Exile
02-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Would've taken Donald over Westwood personally.

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Donald & Westy was always gonna be a tough call.

Wouldn't have been bothered either way.

Well done to Stevie G anyway - thoroughly deserved.

IWasThere2016
02-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Given your (and his) age...that was never going to be another paedophile story!

:greengrin

Many congrats to Stevie G for his thoroughly deserved selection.

We'll even forgive him for following the wrong team in green & white and we'll remember that his Uncle Bernie is a big Hibby.

:cheers:

:thumbsup:

Would've taken Donald over Westwood personally.

No chance.

Allant1981
02-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Big congrats to steven, known him and his family for years, now to give his wee sis a bell and see if she can get me tickets!!

3pm
02-09-2014, 10:36 PM
McDowell is in as it stands.

It looks like Westwood, Poulter and Donald to me.

Missing will be Molinari and Gallagher.

Well played SG!

theonlywayisup
03-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Watson goes for Bradley, Simpson and Mahan. No Kirk, despite his win on Monday.

ekhibee
03-09-2014, 06:04 PM
What team does Stephen Gallacher support? I know his uncle Bernard was/is a hibbee.

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2014, 06:05 PM
What team does Stephen Gallacher support? I know his uncle Bernard was/is a hibbee.

sellick

theonlywayisup
06-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Watson goes for Bradley, Simpson and Mahan. No Kirk, despite his win on Monday.

Well done Bradley for quitting the BMW Championships because he was not sure that he hadn't broken a rule. Only in golf will you find such sportsmanship. Well done Keegan.

Bradley was apparently uncomfortable with an "embedded ball situation" he encountered during the first round, feeling he may have unwittingley broken a rule despite being cleared by an official at the time.He is now projected to drop to 34th in the FedExCup standings, which would rule him out of next week's Tour Championship in Atlanta.
Bradley said: "I just feel withdrawing is the right thing to do to protect the field in the BMW Championship and the Tour Championship next week.
"It's eating me alive. I didn't call my fellow competitors for help in the first place and that bothers me. I know the official approved the drop but I just can't be absolutely sure it was the right spot."