PDA

View Full Version : Fixture date changes

Hibs7
25-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Is there any way we could send this or link this to others supporters message boards, then after a month I would collect all the results and send them to the SPFL .. It is about time fans had a say in this as at the moment it costs fans and clubs unnecessary costs and time.

FOR ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS NOT IMPORTANT .... HIBS ARE LOSING MONEY BECAUSE OF THE ABERDEEN GAME CHANGE ....

hibby rae
25-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Yes I would. I'm a season ticket holder and go to university so I work one day a week at the weekend. Due to the short notice these games are changed my rota is usually done beforehand. Sometimes I can get a swap other times I can't. And this happens a few times a season.

As far as I'm aware as well other leagues have the full fixtures announced at the start of the season, tv included. I think the Bundesliga may be one example.

Sir David Gray
25-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Wouldn't really make much difference to me.

My work schedule is pretty rigid and there's not much flexibility to change shift times, unless you can change with someone else.

I only get two Saturdays off out of every five just now so sometimes it's not too bad for me if a game gets changed to another day.

andrew70
25-02-2014, 09:50 AM
I can understand the tv companies not naming the games right at the start of the season as they wait to see how the teams/league progress. However I think there should be a minimum of 90 days before the game where games cannot be change after this date. 3 months previous is good for cheap train fares and arranging time off etc. The fans are being alienated by the tv companies and something needs done asap.

Gatecrasher
25-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Dont know, too many variables to be honest. If we were kicking off on a Saturday or Sunday then yes but if it were a Monday night then I'm not so sure.

Elephant Stone
25-02-2014, 11:27 AM
I can see it's pretty brutal for people who need to travel and make arrangements but it doesn't affect me at all, so no.

B.H.F.C
25-02-2014, 11:47 AM
I don't think it's realistic to expect all TV fixtures to be set at the start of the season as there is too much chance of ending up with pretty meaningless games on TV etc. I do think there should be a minimum notice period though. We shouldn't have games being rescheduled two weeks before they are due to be played. Or games being resheduled for possible cup replay dates.

Hibs7
25-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I don't think it's realistic to expect all TV fixtures to be set at the start of the season as there is too much chance of ending up with pretty meaningless games on TV etc. I do think there should be a minimum notice period though. We shouldn't have games being rescheduled two weeks before they are due to be played. Or games being resheduled for possible cup replay dates.

I can see where you are coming from but I am just trying to get a feel for the effect it would have, if it is significant then the SPFL will have to sit up and take notice.

SwanseaHibs
25-02-2014, 07:19 PM
I'd like our league to get a "slot" when televised games are played. That way you'd know if a game is changed when it'll be played. I'd like our slot to be Saturday lunchtime.

I'm being selfish I suppose as I knew the Derby would be moved but, for me, early on a Sunday is the worst possible time. I can't get up and back on a Sunday due to trains. I can fly it but that means driving to the airport so no bevying. I can get to an early ko on a Saturday no problem though.

I appreciate I am in the minority with travelling but my ST simply doesn't make any sense as Sunday changes or midweek, Monday, Friday changes mean I can't go unless I take time off work and/or stay over.

craigmounthibby
26-02-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't think it's just about fixtures being moved for TV, it is how often it happens. That, and the sometimes ridiculously short notice......

Argument might be that it's the same for all clubs, but that misses the point.

Hibs7
27-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Bump ... I think this needs more exposure and more people to give their opinion .. Either that or we live with late changes to games and supporters being ignored again .

Billy Whizz
27-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Sky announced today all Live premiership games from 5th to 28th April. Giving between 5 and 8 weeks notice. Think Scottish football is being short changed

frazeHFC
27-02-2014, 06:03 PM
It's just annoying, i'd already booked my train up North for the Sunday night of the weekend we play Aberdeen, but now we play the Monday night...so yes I probably would.

SwanseaHibs
28-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Bump ... I think this needs more exposure and more people to give their opinion .. Either that or we live with late changes to games and supporters being ignored again .

It is almost like people are accepting of it based on this. I work with a Spurs fan and he was telling me that he had their March and April fixtures a few weeks back and can't believe the short notice we get.