PDA

View Full Version : Quiz Night - Ideas needed, Good cause, Hibs Content

Lester B
24-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Evening

Regular lurker and occasional poster here. I'm also someone with huge amounts of useless knowledge. I'm one of those guys you want in a pub quiz team. Which brings me nicely to.....

Been exchanging emails with Steven from the Dnipro Committee. I suggested a quiz night. I've written, run and delivered both pub quizzes and quizzes for things like the PTA for my daughter's school and work nights for both me and mates' places of work. And I know an awful lot of trivia about the finest football team in the world. Steven says they are busy organising collections and their dinner so has given me the green light (as have admin on here) to post about this.

But I need some help.

The idea is to run a quiz night, a few pounds to get in with spot prizes, raffle, etc. I have amp, mic, etc. I usually charge about 75 quid but of course would do this one for nothing.A quiz at least 50% about Hibs with a bit of everything else thrown in. Teams of 6 or less. The chance to be the biggest Hibs brains in all the land. A fun quiz. Questions that are guessable even if you don't know the answer but one that ensures the best team wins. Idea would be to hold it around the end of the season.

So some questions for y'all (not the fun kind but hopefully we'll get to those):

Would you be interested in coming?
Do you have any suggestions where to hold it? Ideally need a separate function room either free or at least donated free for the night. All suggestions welcome.

Can you donate anything for a prize? Anything? Hibs related and/or stupid. Sillier the better.

Would also appreciate any contacts who you think could pitch up for the night i.e. ex players, famous Hibbies, incredibly rich people, young attractive women who find wee fat baldy quizmasters attractive, etc.

Reply on here or PM me. I've told Stevie that all the Dnipro Committee need to do is turn up at the end and collect a bag of money and I'm sure you would like to be part of that!:wink:

And a seriously silly punning title for the quiz would be cool too.

GGTTH :flag:

LB

linlithgowhibbie
25-02-2014, 09:13 PM
What about upstairs in the Hibs Supporters club, not normally open on fri or sat nights unless they have a private function. I am sure you could get it for free if you have a large number of drinkers in!:tbgwa:

LALthehibeeGAL
25-02-2014, 09:39 PM
I used to love going to quiz nights but work on a thursday night and almost every pub, club etc have their quiz nights on a Thursday.

Please not a thursday I could get a team or two.

Lal:wink:

Evening

Regular lurker and occasional poster here. I'm also someone with huge amounts of useless knowledge. I'm one of those guys you want in a pub quiz team. Which brings me nicely to.....

Been exchanging emails with Steven from the Dnipro Committee. I suggested a quiz night. I've written, run and delivered both pub quizzes and quizzes for things like the PTA for my daughter's school and work nights for both me and mates' places of work. And I know an awful lot of trivia about the finest football team in the world. Steven says they are busy organising collections and their dinner so has given me the green light (as have admin on here) to post about this.

But I need some help.

The idea is to run a quiz night, a few pounds to get in with spot prizes, raffle, etc. I have amp, mic, etc. I usually charge about 75 quid but of course would do this one for nothing.A quiz at least 50% about Hibs with a bit of everything else thrown in. Teams of 6 or less. The chance to be the biggest Hibs brains in all the land. A fun quiz. Questions that are guessable even if you don't know the answer but one that ensures the best team wins. Idea would be to hold it around the end of the season.

So some questions for y'all (not the fun kind but hopefully we'll get to those):

Would you be interested in coming?
Do you have any suggestions where to hold it? Ideally need a separate function room either free or at least donated free for the night. All suggestions welcome.

Can you donate anything for a prize? Anything? Hibs related and/or stupid. Sillier the better.

Would also appreciate any contacts who you think could pitch up for the night i.e. ex players, famous Hibbies, incredibly rich people, young attractive women who find wee fat baldy quizmasters attractive, etc.

Reply on here or PM me. I've told Stevie that all the Dnipro Committee need to do is turn up at the end and collect a bag of money and I'm sure you would like to be part of that!:wink:

And a seriously silly punning title for the quiz would be cool too.

GGTTH :flag:

LB

Thecat23
25-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Count me in. I'm packed with useless info everybody isn't interested in :D always getting ripped for it!!

Mon Dieu4
25-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Count me in. I'm packed with useless info everybody isn't interested in :D always getting ripped for it!!

Welcome to my world Haha, i got pelters at work the other day for knowing the exact height of Everest when we had a quiz

Thecat23
25-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Welcome to my world Haha, i got pelters at work the other day for knowing the exact height of Everest when we had a quiz

Haha, I got pelters for telling folk that your taller first thing in the morning than last thing at night. I couldn't believe no one knew this!!

As for Everest, even I didn't know that so your worse than me ;D

Mon Dieu4
25-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Haha, I got pelters for telling folk that your taller first thing in the morning than last thing at night. I couldn't believe no one knew this!!

As for Everest, even I didn't know that so your worse than me ;D

I actually knew that, the thing is i don't go out my way to remember any of this stuff, for every random fact i remember i think i lose something that might actually be of use in everyday life

count me in for a quiz

Thecat23
25-02-2014, 10:13 PM
I actually knew that, the thing is i don't go out my way to remember any of this stuff, for every random fact i remember i think i lose something that might actually be of use in everyday life

count me in for a quiz

Haha, yep I'm the same. All the stuff I actually may need is pushed out with strange and random facts. This quiz would be a good laugh. Plus we'd be with other folk who know random crap :D

dangermouse
26-02-2014, 08:05 AM
My work social club have quiz nights every so often (Thecat23 may have even been to one). We hold ours at Edinburgh City FC at Baxter's Place and they charge £15 for the function room. Beer is cheap as well.

Lester B
26-02-2014, 01:01 PM
What about upstairs in the Hibs Supporters club, not normally open on fri or sat nights unless they have a private function. I am sure you could get it for free if you have a large number of drinkers in!:tbgwa:

Good call sir. And bl**dy obvious come to think of it! :wink:

Lester B
26-02-2014, 01:02 PM
I used to love going to quiz nights but work on a thursday night and almost every pub, club etc have their quiz nights on a Thursday.

Please not a thursday I could get a team or two.

Lal:wink:

Thanks. Definitely not a Thursday then! :thumbsup:

Lester B
26-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Well folks, when I went to bed last night this thread had no replies and after over 24 hours it was nearly off the front page so was worried that the idea wasn't a good one. You've restored my faith and great to know I'm not the only Hibs anorak out there.

Details coming soon I hope.......:tbgwa: