PDA

View Full Version : NHC Monday Night Football

Hamish
24-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Anyone looking for a football fix, Hull v Brighton replay is on ITV4 at 7.30

HH81
24-02-2014, 04:06 PM
They should have put Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton on. Wednesday aiming for a Sheffield qf derby.

I actually went to last derby between the 2 clubs think there was 40,000 there.

Iggy Pope
24-02-2014, 04:15 PM
They should have put Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton on. Wednesday aiming for a Sheffield qf derby.

No love lost either!

The Sea-gull
24-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Sheffield is a massive city, something like 4th or 5th biggest in England if I am not mistaken. It always strikes me as scandalous that they should ever have one team absent from the English top flight never mind two and it us shocking they have only had one premier league season between them in 15 years. United and Wednesday have had their fair share of time in the third tier recently too. Perhaps the relative close proximity of Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds (who have had spells of success) has not helped football in the city. Leeds - another city which, based in population size, should always have their team in the top flight.

HH81
24-02-2014, 05:47 PM
I have a mate who is a wednesday fan and my partners father is a united fan.

He wasn't too happy when i told him i was going to the derby in the Wednesday end haha.

Scouse Hibee
24-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Sheffield is a massive city, something like 4th or 5th biggest in England if I am not mistaken. It always strikes me as scandalous that they should ever have one team absent from the English top flight never mind two and it us shocking they have only had one premier league season between them in 15 years. United and Wednesday have had their fair share of time in the third tier recently too. Perhaps the relative close proximity of Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds (who have had spells of success) has not helped football in the city. Leeds - another city which, based in population size, should always have their team in the top flight.

Liverpool is over 60 miles from Sheffield, Leeds and Manchester are probably about 30 odd miles so maybe more relevant for them two.

The Sea-gull
24-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Liverpool is over 60 miles from Sheffield, Leeds and Manchester are probably about 30 odd miles so maybe more relevant for them two.

Sorry thought Liverpool was closer than that. Still reckon I could pin point English towns and cities on a map better than an Englishman could with Scottish towns and cities though. :-)

truehibernian
24-02-2014, 05:53 PM

My mate is Stuart Gray's assistant - just agreed a deal to be part of the first team coaching staff.

Good luck Lee - even for a Jambo he's a lovely bloke and deserves all the success football brings him.

Hiber-nation
24-02-2014, 05:58 PM
My mate is Stuart Gray's assistant - just agreed a deal to be part of the first team coaching staff.

Good luck Lee - even for a Jambo he's a lovely bloke and deserves all the success football brings him.

Lee Bullen yeah? Bit of a legend down there and a great lad by all accounts.

Scouse Hibee
24-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Sorry thought Liverpool was closer than that. Still reckon I could pin point English towns and cities on a map better than an Englishman could with Scottish towns and cities though. :-)

Get yer map out :greengrin

truehibernian
24-02-2014, 06:04 PM

Yep, one of the nicest guys you'll meet. Still likes Los Yambolinos however for his sins. He's been down there for a while, last saw him last Christmas when we were shopping in same shop. Just talked football and our youth days. Like I say he deserves all he gets, he worked hard and made it the hard way in football.

Flanny boy
24-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Anyone looking for a football fix, Hull v Brighton replay is on ITV4 at 7.30
Cheers hamish thought tonight was going to be
a football free night until I saw this :wink:

The Gorf
24-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Pretty p**s poor football TBH. I'm sure I have seen this pair play better than this. You'd think there would be a bit more fight with the chance of playing Sunderland in the quarters.

Hibercelona
24-02-2014, 07:40 PM
2nd goal shouldn't have counted. But not an easy one for the officials either.

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Pretty p**s poor football TBH. I'm sure I have seen this pair play better than this. You'd think there would be a bit more fight with the chance of playing Sunderland in the quarters.The league is more important, especially for Hull

Jonnyboy
24-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Hull v Brighton. I switched off at half time. Borefest

Hiber-nation
24-02-2014, 08:51 PM
I remember the magic of the FA Cup. Seems a long time ago though.

Thecat23
24-02-2014, 08:58 PM
I remember the magic of the FA Cup. Seems a long time ago though.

This.. Remember games from years ago when all teams wanted to win this trophy. Now it's just an inconvenience unless the team make the semi or final. Champions League for me anyway has ruined a lot. It's all about money now and tv rights. The thing is the games in the CL are usually boring as hell with the odd exception.

hibseleven
25-02-2014, 11:46 AM

a good Penicuik lad!!

Hamish
25-02-2014, 02:00 PM
I actually thought Hull played a lot of nice stuff, perhaps too many passes in some cases, but that's better than the centre back lumping it up the park at every opportunity:cb