PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Stanton and Handling Earn U21 Call-ups

RSS Bot
24-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Sammy and Danny selected to face Hungary

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140224/stanton-and-handling-earn-u21-call-ups_2262950_3684742)

Unseen work
24-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Delighted for both them, hopefully they perform well and hold down their positions in the squad. Positive for us is that it will give them even more confidence on the pitch, something Danny has been lacking a bit of late IMO. Bit surprised Forster never got a call up however.
with Cummings getting called up to the 19s aswell it's definitely a good time for our youngsters, when was the last time we had a couple in the 21s?

also think when Harris is fully fit and back on game will be in the squad too

Hiber-nation
24-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Can't believe Forster's been overlooked again. Completely bizzare.

Brightside
24-02-2014, 10:41 AM

Understandable when he's not playing in his position at the moment. He certainly doesnt want to be playing RB much longer! Great news for Handling and Stanton.

khib70
24-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Delighted for both them, hopefully they perform well and hold down their positions in the squad. Positive for us is that it will give them even more confidence on the pitch, something Danny has been lacking a bit of late IMO. Bit surprised Forster never got a call up however.
with Cummings getting called up to the 19s aswell it's definitely a good time for our youngsters, when was the last time we had a couple in the 21s?

also think when Harris is fully fit and back on game will be in the squad too
This, definitely.Agree particularly about Handling's confidence. There's a terrific player in there, and the more he believes in himself the more that will come out. Forster, I think has a wee bit to go. Impressive at right back on a number of occasions, but not so great in the middle of the defence. Early days for the lad, and his attitude is bang on.

Definitely a confidence thing with Harris, too, but he'll be back to his best soon enough

Billy Whizz
24-02-2014, 10:43 AM
And Cummings has been called up for the under 19's who are playing the same day

TheFamous1875
24-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Understandable when he's not playing in his position at the moment. He certainly doesnt want to be playing RB much longer!

Did he say that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Understandable when he's not playing in his position at the moment. He certainly doesnt want to be playing RB much longer! Great news for Handling and Stanton.

:agree:

Hiber-nation
24-02-2014, 11:28 AM

I thought his adaptability would have been of more benefit to the squad. These u21 squads always seem to have quite a few celtc reserves who never get near the 1st team then disappear without trace.

Billy Whizz
24-02-2014, 11:44 AM
I thought his adaptability would have been of more benefit to the squad. These u21 squads always seem to have quite a few celtc reserves who never get near the 1st team then disappear without trace.

3 Celtic players in the squad that I haven't heard of

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2014, 11:53 AM
We'll soon have a crop of youngsters who can be mentioned alongside the Golden Shower Generation at this rate...

Unseen work
24-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Only ever see Forster post something like "shattered frm the game, this is why I am a centre half.

i think he looks like he enjoys playing there and going down the line tho, would like to see him eventually move central again tho

celtic youngsters always get in the squad, they prob are really good players but jst haven't had the opportunity to get I the squad

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Only ever see Forster post something like "shattered frm the game, this is why I am a centre half.

i think he looks like he enjoys playing there and going down the line tho, would like to see him eventually move central again tho

celtic youngsters always get in the squad, they prob are really good players but jst haven't had the opportunity to get I the squad

That McGregor is a good player. On loan at Notts County from Celtic, top scorer with 12 goals and he's a centre mid!

LeithBoozy
24-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Great news, well done lads. :flag:

SMAXXA
24-02-2014, 01:37 PM

As much as I like the lad I think he's been average to poor since the turn of the year personally. All the attributes and prefer him at centre half, still got a real bright future ahead if him but feel he has a lot to improve on.

brog
24-02-2014, 03:21 PM

Agreed 100%. Playing regularly in top Scottish league yet 3 Celtc players who have never played at that level are selected before him, ridiculous! Personally I think Billy Stark is a clown, his selection of 6 Yams in the squad for the England game, lost 6-0 was ludicrous.
On a side note were any of our golden generation capped at schoolboy level? IMO that's where our problems begin with the incredible emphasis on OF players.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Well done boys. Sam is delighted and I'm sure Danny is too!

Hiber-nation
24-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Agreed 100%. Playing regularly in top Scottish league yet 3 Celtc players who have never played at that level are selected before him, ridiculous! Personally I think Billy Stark is a clown, his selection of 6 Yams in the squad for the England game, lost 6-0 was ludicrous.
On a side note were any of our golden generation capped at schoolboy level? IMO that's where our problems begin with the incredible emphasis on OF players.

Think you might be right. I've never had any time for Stark either, that England game was beyone belief. I think Jordan's doing fine, has had the experience of playing in a Cup Final and a now first team regular in the SPL. To pick the celtc players and the laddie McGhee ahead of him just doesn't seem right.