PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig

cameronw-hfc
23-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Is it just me who thinks Craig will turn out to be a good captain? I really don't think he is a poor captain. I also don't think thats the reason for his poor performances. I think the problem is, as a lot of people have detected, being asked to play in a deeper role recently. I would like to see Craig in a more advanced role, maybe Handlings role and see how he plays then, to almost do what Kevin Nolan does for West Ham, but for us. Any one else agree? :confused:

Elephant Stone
23-02-2014, 09:30 PM
He seems like a decent guy and I'm not sure we have many stand out candidates to take the captaincy off him but I'm not convinced he's been a good captain so far. I remember Forster making a mistake earlier on in the season and Craig losing his temper at him when he really should have been giving support. Similarly Craig played a pass straight out of play a few weeks ago and shouted at Harris for supposedly being in the wrong place. He might be great behind the scenes for all I know and he could well turn out to be a brilliant captain but I think he needs to show more positive leadership on the pitch at the moment, especially with the young players.

jeffers
23-02-2014, 10:02 PM
I've been really disappointed in him since he became captain, although it coincided with him playing a much deeper role, a role he does not look suited for. I felt during the Raith game when it needed someone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck he hid.

I would never have chosen him as captain personally, my choice would be the player who has barely figured since not having a bust up with MM.........

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Never a captain and needs to be playing in a more attacking role.

Steven_Hibs
23-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Never captain material, and for those wanting him further forward, he lacks pace. Personally don't rate him, think he's another dud that Fenlon bought

Northernhibee
23-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Never captain material, and for those wanting him further forward, he lacks pace. Personally don't rate him, think he's another dud that Fenlon bought

Some people will let their hatred of Pat Fenlon blind them to everything.

He's our top goalscorer.

ehf
23-02-2014, 11:39 PM

:agree the archetypal double whammy; player has half decent game against Fenlon's crap team, so he decides to sign him.

SaulGoodman
24-02-2014, 12:21 AM
:agree the archetypal double whammy; player has half decent game against Fenlon's crap team, so he decides to sign him.

I thought Liam Craig was a good player way before Fenlon was brought in..

O'Rourke3
24-02-2014, 12:30 AM
He's had good games and bad. when KT got sent off against DU and he and Robertson came in - we were great and rescued that game. He's chipped in a lot of goals and a couple of decent penalty kicks. Personally prefer my Captains to be in the back 4 so they can see the whole game. Keeper can see it but more difficult to influence it. Midfielders like Gerrard and Keane will play like they do/did whether they are captains or not. So a defensive MF isn't a bad shout, but DM is not using Liam at his best. Taking the arm band off him now would be counter-productive so I think he'll see out the season.

Centre Hawf
24-02-2014, 01:29 AM
He took a while to settle at St Johnstone but when he did he was excellant imo I was always an admirer of Craig. He will come good, keep the faith.

The Sea-gull
24-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Craig has been a good SPL player for a number of years and I rated him long before I had even heard of Pat Fenlon. I'll criticise Fenlon for many things but Craig's signing will not be one of them as this was one of the few decisions of Fenlon's I agreed with.

He maybe hasn't been as good for Hibs as he seemed to be for St Johnstone but he is far from the first player to come to Hibs from another SPL club and not seem as good as he was at his previous club.

I'm happy to have Liam Craig in the squad going forward and have no problems with him being captain for now. We don't have many creative, goalscoring players and I think it is TB and MM's job to sign players who will get the best out of the better ones amoung those we already have.

MB62
24-02-2014, 09:17 AM
I thought Liam Craig was a good player way before Fenlon was brought in..

He took a while to settle at St Johnstone but when he did he was excellant imo I was always an admirer of Craig. He will come good, keep the faith.

As above for me too :thumbsup: (although he does need to start producing the goods more regularly)

flash
24-02-2014, 10:12 AM

With friends like you........

Dinkydoo
24-02-2014, 10:53 AM
A captain needs to be able to influence the game and Craig just doesn't seem able to do that from centre midfield. Put him further forward or take the captaincy off him (or both), its not working Terry.

Golden Bear
24-02-2014, 10:55 AM
A captain needs to be able to influence the game and Craig just doesn't seem able to do that from centre midfield. Put him further forward or take the captaincy off him (or both), its not working Terry.

Yet our previous Captain was the goalkeeper.

Dinkydoo
24-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Who, at the time, was putting in commanding performances, organising the back four and saving our arse week after week.

It's not necessarily about the position, its about the players ability to influence the game from that position - Craig is much better suited further forward.

J-C
24-02-2014, 11:21 AM

This

GreenLake
24-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Some people will let their hatred of Pat Fenlon blind them to everything.

He's our top goalscorer.

That says more about the team Fenlon assembled rather than Craig.

Hibiza
24-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Average player , lightweight captain.

Hibiza
24-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Tel...... sign a captain !

flash
24-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Average player , lightweight captain.

How does anyone on here know if he is a good captain?

Jonnyboy
24-02-2014, 09:32 PM
How does anyone on here know if he is a good captain?

Exactly what I was wondering too.

Someone has highlighted a couple of occasions he shouted at younger team mates. I'll counter that and say that on several occasions I've seen him having a quiet word and patting team mates on the back

hibIBZ
24-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Have to admit I have been disappointed in his performances. Thought he was going to be a good signing. Hopefully he will come good if we can get him playing in a system and position that suits. I took time for Scott Robertson to settle so hoping Craig can improve, without his goals though we would be in trouble

weonlywon6-2
24-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Liam Craig just hasnt got going yet,but he will,have faith

skipster7
24-02-2014, 10:33 PM
When played wide or attacking mid he provides guaranteed goals at Spl level. Struggling in the holding role imo.

oneone73
25-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Craig has been a good SPL player for a number of years and I rated him long before I had even heard of Pat Fenlon. I'll criticise Fenlon for many things but Craig's signing will not be one of them as this was one of the few decisions of Fenlon's I agreed with.

He maybe hasn't been as good for Hibs as he seemed to be for St Johnstone but he is far from the first player to come to Hibs from another SPL club and not seem as good as he was at his previous club.

I'm happy to have Liam Craig in the squad going forward and have no problems with him being captain for now. We don't have many creative, goalscoring players and I think it is TB and MM's job to sign players who will get the best out of the better ones amoung those we already have.

This.

Ronniekirk
25-02-2014, 09:04 AM

His form has clearly dipped but we have seen but he can do .The question for me is has being Mage captain affected his form as that can happen if he isn't naturally comfortable in that role .but for me the question is wht isn't he played in the more forward role that folk feel he is best suited to,clearly Stanton in last three games is a factor and if he wants to play Watmore Harris and hayes then not sure and Tiawo doesn't deserve to be dropped but when Craig came on against Killie even Tiawo was pushed further forward than Craig
i