PDA

View Full Version : Spreading the news...

Viva_Palmeiras
23-02-2014, 05:25 PM
This report highlights communication channels for businesses to each out to their customers.
The club has embraced some of these to varying degrees (this is not a official site dig)

http://blog.adlegant.com/5-channels-you-should-use-to-promote-your-news/a

So which channels are you aware of / use?

sorry this was supposed to be a poll

nonshinyfinish
23-02-2014, 05:33 PM
I selected the official site, but in truth I almost always use it to confirm something that I've already read on here.

Jack Hackett
23-02-2014, 05:40 PM
I selected the official site, but in truth I almost always use it to confirm something that I've already read on here.

Ditto and pretty much always when it's linked from here

Viva_Palmeiras
23-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Ditto and pretty much always when it's linked from here

Which is a smarter way to disseminate through the existing forums rather than try to engineer a change in habits (and rightly so IMO). Hopefully improving comms in the process there's been instances where some info just doesn't get out there.

Sir David Gray
23-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Official site is the only one I use with any sort of regularity.

I've subscribed to the Hibs twitter feed but rarely go on it.

Don't use any of the others.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2014, 09:04 AM
So far so Interesting but as with most stats depends how they are interpreted.

Surprise for me was the official site usage - pretty high it used to be a tumbleweed zone so that seems encouraging.

The "channel" (sorry) that generates direct revenue (I'm sure the others do through sponsorship) namely the text service is poorly used.

Twitter and youtube coming in about the same - maybe twitter (and the official site) links well well to these things.

Linked in I suppose is a bit "niche" and perhaps only certain folks are registered. It is a good way for supporters, management and folks associated to the club to tap in to unknown skills that are out there. Used effectively could help the club and supporters out.

I suppose facebook is relatively hot off the press.

HibeeMassive
24-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Linked in I suppose is a bit "niche" and perhaps only certain folks are registered. It is a good way for supporters, management and folks associated to the club to tap in to unknown skills that are out there. Used effectively could help the club and supporters out.

I'm registered with LinkedIn but choose not to link with the Hibs account. My issue is that I'm a self-employed contractor so people who are looking to hire me will, in most cases, check out my LinkedIn account for previous work history / experience etc. Even if it mean missing out on 1 contract because some yam fud had seen me linked to Hibs and thought "no chance" then thats 1 too many, so I prefer not to take that chance.

Onion
24-02-2014, 10:30 AM

Ditto.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm registered with LinkedIn but choose not to link with the Hibs account. My issue is that I'm a self-employed contractor so people who are looking to hire me will, in most cases, check out my LinkedIn account for previous work history / experience etc. Even if it mean missing out on 1 contract because some yam fud had seen me linked to Hibs and thought "no chance" then thats 1 too many, so I prefer not to take that chance.

A great point and understandable especially if self employed. An unfortunate reflection. In terms of work I did think about whether I should put down my volunteer work with Hibs. I figured that if folks were that way inclined they most likely we're not the kind of people I'd probably want to work with/for - maybe that's why I'm missing out ;) I do appreciate being self employed is a completely different ball game.

Gatecrasher
24-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Youtube is good
I use facebook but thinking about deleting my account because facebook is pish. (facebook in general not the hibs one)
Twitter is good
Never used Linked in
Never used the text service
I use the official site if its linked on here or to buy something or tickets.

Why don't hibs use instagram? tupe in #ggtth and theres loads of hibs stuff.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2014, 05:43 PM
What does Instagram offer is it more of an image based rival for twitter (and bought by Facebook?). What does it offer.

i think the danger with social media is spreading too thin and trying to hit a moving target. I think the balance is probably about right.

PeterboroHibee
24-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Id say I get most of my news about Hibs either from twitter or here, and if its of interest Ill move to the official site, or to youtube for an interview.I personally think Hibs communication with the fans is generally quite good. Theres regular updates, the website is easy to use (compared to some other SPL clubs), and the content for free on the youtube channel is really good.

hibby67
24-02-2014, 08:50 PM
I mainly use the twitter feed it's pretty good ( not as good as hibs.net) but links into the official site etc
quite good updates on match days u20s matches

semaj64
24-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Here first then official site

Eyrie
24-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I don't count the official site or Youtube as I'm only ever there because of a link from the two sources I do use which are here and Twitter (although the match updates on the latter are predictably one sided).

Don't have any use for LinkedIn or Facebook and didn't even know there is a text service.