PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

Unseen work
23-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Missed the game yesterday so wondering how everyone thought we were? Heard terry say Stanton and taiwo were brilliant

vanNISHtelroy
23-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Not gonna try and remember who played and how they played (memory is awful the now) but was really impressed with Taiwo.

Davy Mac
23-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Missed the game yesterday so wondering how everyone thought we were? Heard terry say Stanton and taiwo were brilliant

I wisnae there but my laddies were there and this is what they had to say:

Williams 5 - Not much to do but could have done better with the goal

Forster 6 - Decent solid performance
McGivern 7.5 - Won loads of headers, bombed forward but like Williams could have done better with the goal, nearly MOTM
Hanlon 6 - Did what was asked of him
Nelson 5 - Defended well but constantly misplaced his passes and sent it long unnecessarily at times

Taiwo 7 - Nice passes, busy and great tackling
Stevenson 6 - Worked hard, covered McGivern but needs to be more direct when driving forward
Harris 5 - Lazy and weak in the tackles, needs to be dropped but more importantly the Manager needs to have a word
Stanton 8 - So direct and creative, great assist and so close with another free kick MOTM

Haynes 7 - Worked hard, pressing, chased lost causes and scored a great header
Handling 4 - Not in the game much, lacking confidence but needs to be more positive

Cairney 1 - Did he touch the ball?
Collins 3 - Good sprint when he came on - LOL, won a few corners
Craig 2 - Uneventful return to the side

Ronniekirk
23-02-2014, 12:23 PM
I wisnae there but my laddies were there and this is what they had to say:

Williams 5 - Not much to do but could have done better with the goal

Forster 6 - Decent solid performance
McGivern 7.5 - Won loads of headers, bombed forward but like Williams could have done better with the goal, nearly MOTM
Hanlon 6 - Did what was asked of him
Nelson 5 - Defended well but constantly misplaced his passes and sent it long unnecessarily at times

Taiwo 7 - Nice passes, busy and great tackling
Stevenson 6 - Worked hard, covered McGivern but needs to be more direct when driving forward
Harris 5 - Lazy and weak in the tackles, needs to be dropped but more importantly the Manager needs to have a word
Stanton 8 - So direct and creative, great assist and so close with another free kick MOTM

Haynes 7 - Worked hard, pressing, chased lost causes and scored a great header
Handling 4 - Not in the game much, lacking confidence but needs to be more positive

Cairney 1 - Did he touch the ball?
Collins 3 - Good sprint when he came on - LOL, won a few corners
Craig 2 - Uneventful return to the side
Not a bad summation ,wasn't so impressed with mcgivern as he went to sleep for the goal and there were a few other times he got caught just firing the ball against a player and got away with it ,but going forward was getting better .If Nelson could find a Hibs player with pass forward we would be different team .However he can't and don't understand why it's often him that then takes responsibility for doing this as he is worst distributor .Would of given Tiawo 8 and that's three consistently good games Stanton has had ,maybe tried to take on one too many on a few occasions yesterday .
Totally agree about Harris I don't see point in persisting with him just now he needs one to ones with sports psychologist butcher has brought to club .really feel for him just now as he is short on belief and confidence and at times players were not passing to him when free which says it all ,doesn't seem able to go by players ,often made wrong choice of pass and when did get crosses in they were not causing problems ,unlike Stanton's great cross in for Hayes goal.
The Collins sprint when he came on was something but he can't seem able to do that in the game

Up The Bracket
23-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Williams - 5 - Can't remember him making many saves but it looked to me like he could've done better with the goal

McGivern - 6 - He was okay, but again, should've done better with the goal

Hanlon - 7 - Good performance again, one vital tackle in the second half to stop what would have been a goal

Nelson - 6 - Same as usual, good at defending, can't play football

Forster - 6 - Solid enough, should have scored

Harris - 6 - Better than he has been, but not up to the standards he set last season, definitely more involved though which is a positive

Taiwo - 7.5 - Apart from a few slack passes he was brilliant, probably the player on the park who spent most time on the ball, hope he gets a new contract

Stanton - 8 - Very good again, alot of direct running with the ball and creativity, created the goal, great prospect

Stevenson - 6.5 - Good shift, alot of running with the ball and decent touches, much of the time with little help

Haynes - 6.5 - Slack at times prior to the goal but it was a brilliant header, he was quick and he'll improve with more game time

Handling - 3 - Just don't see what he brings to the team

None of the subs impacted the game enough to warrant marks

B.H.F.C
23-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Williams - 5 - Can't remember him making many saves but it looked to me like he could've done better with the goal

McGivern - 6 - He was okay, but again, should've done better with the goal

Hanlon - 7 - Good performance again, one vital tackle in the second half to stop what would have been a goal

Nelson - 6 - Same as usual, good at defending, can't play football

Forster - 6 - Solid enough, should have scored

Harris - 6 - Better than he has been, but not up to the standards he set last season, definitely more involved though which is a positive

Taiwo - 7.5 - Apart from a few slack passes he was brilliant, probably the player on the park who spent most time on the ball, hope he gets a new contract

Stanton - 8 - Very good again, alot of direct running with the ball and creativity, created the goal, great prospect

Stevenson - 6.5 - Good shift, alot of running with the ball and decent touches, much of the time with little help

Haynes - 6.5 - Slack at times prior to the goal but it was a brilliant header, he was quick and he'll improve with more game time

Handling - 3 - Just don't see what he brings to the team

None of the subs impacted the game enough to warrant marks

Glad it's not just me that sees Handling that way. I would have had him off long before he was yesterday. Picked up a few decent positions but seems slow and gets pushed off the ball easily.

I think Harris will be a player in the future but was poor again yesterday. Was involved plenty but things just seemed to fizzle out.

Stanton was very good in the second half. I actually thought he was pretty poor in the first half and gave the ball away a lot early doors. It was him and Taiwo that drove us forward second half though.

Back 4 weren't really tested but I thought McGivern was at fault for the goal. You could see it coming as soon as Boyd turned in the centre circle. Don't know if Williams was questionable as well as it was a tight angle the ball was hit from in the end? Thought Hanlon strolled through the game again.

Really good header from Haynes for the goal. Quite like the look of him.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Glad it's not just me that sees Handling that way. I would have had him off long before he was yesterday. Picked up a few decent positions but seems slow and gets pushed off the ball easily.

I think Harris will be a player in the future but was poor again yesterday. Was involved plenty but things just seemed to fizzle out.

Stanton was very good in the second half. I actually thought he was pretty poor in the first half and gave the ball away a lot early doors. It was him and Taiwo that drove us forward second half though.

Back 4 weren't really tested but I thought McGivern was at fault for the goal. You could see it coming as soon as Boyd turned in the centre circle. Don't know if Williams was questionable as well as it was a tight angle the ball was hit from in the end? Thought Hanlon strolled through the game again.

Really good header from Haynes for the goal. Quite like the look of him.

Send Handling on loan IMO. Play Heffernan instead. GGTTH

Elephant Stone
23-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Send Handling on loan IMO. Play Heffernan instead. GGTTH

It's mad that Heffernan and Collins were kept out of the team in favour of Handling. He was very poor last week and, IMO, he's been poor whenever he's played.

nonshinyfinish
23-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Unusually quiet for a player ratings thread - are the fans back yet?

cameronw-hfc
23-02-2014, 04:00 PM
It's mad that Heffernan and Collins were kept out of the team in favour of Handling. He was very poor last week and, IMO, he's been poor whenever he's played.

Dannys a good player with a good touch and decent passing, I think he's just struggling with the physical side of the game. He works his socks off, every game but he just can't seem to do anything vital yet, but I think given time he will show his talent more in the first team.

Fergos
23-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Best players yesterday IMHO were -

Hanlon, a very steady performance again

Tommy Taiwo, broke up play, was aggressive and used the ball well in the main.

The New Stanton, making himself the new standard, better second half from the youngster, great ball for the goal, direct and creative.

Lewis, his usual industrious self before taking a knock that forced him off.

Haynes, busy, made a nuisance of himself and superb goal.

No terrible performances, need more from young Harris as he probably knows himself, but im absolutely sure with time he'll be back to what we began to see last year. Agree with the above point on Danny Handling.....he has potential but we need to see it now ala Stanton and Harris from last year.

i picked up a copy of the sin newspaper this morning in a cafe.....don't read it, I don't think the lad who allegedly was there...was actually there.....ridiculously poor report on the game...he can't know the rules of football to write such rubbish.

GGTTH

The_Horde
23-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Handling isn't arrogant enough. He has ability for sure, good touch and he reads the game well. But he doesn't have that same confidence and cockiness that Stanton has. He has the ability to do so, he just needs more faith in that ability.

I think Butcher is trying to bring that out.

Sir David Gray
23-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Wasn't there yesterday but I think we should be offering Taiwo a new deal.

I think he's a good player and adds something to our team. I was quite surprised to hear that Butcher had told him he was free to find a new club.

SanFranHibs
24-02-2014, 08:00 AM
Just watched the highlights and I think it is fair to say Hibs were the better team.

Have to give Boyd credit for a really good pass to set up their goal but apart from that, one long range effort that missed by a mile and Boyds lack of control in the second half, Killie done nothing.

Handling and Taiwo need to forget shooting fom 20 yards if that is the best they can do. Dreadfully weak efforts.

That said, we looked lively, Stanton played well and should improve with experience, Haynes looks like he will bag a few goals.

Obviously only watching the highlights I am in no position to 'rate' the players but we were unlucky not to get a late winner and at least, in my mind, we were the team still looking to win the game late on.