PDA

View Full Version : ST Renewal package

down-the-slope
23-02-2014, 08:10 AM
What are people expecting or hoping for in terms on renewal package ?
What would a good offer look like for you?
What would make it less likely for you to take up one

Last year we had some ideas / input into some aspects of ST packages via LWT (particularly the 'interest free' instalment plan) - as far as Im aware there has not been supporter input into the soon to be announced packages this season? which seems a bit of a backward step?

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2014, 08:23 AM
One thing is for sure, whatever Hibs do, they will be lambasted in some quarters, I really don't envy them having to work out a realistic package.....

Col2
23-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Rightly or wrongly Hibs need to make a high profile signing to show intent and do this early on eg June.

Not easy to do when players and agents will be on holiday or considering offers.

For example Boyd.

I honestly think price incentives (other than interest free payments option) are secondary to this. Its the excitement and hope over saving £30-£40 IMHO.

Mikey
23-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see a price freeze again.

With Zebra Finance going under they'll have to do something else when it comes to the monthly payment option too.

Ship Hibs
23-02-2014, 08:35 AM
They'll need to get pretty creative if they want to keep the numbers up.

Maybe some sort of loyalty bonus, keep your season for 10 years and you get your name or message etched into your seat, similar to the bricks idea

Mr White
23-02-2014, 09:36 AM
They'll need to get pretty creative if they want to keep the numbers up.

Maybe some sort of loyalty bonus, keep your season for 10 years and you get your name or message etched into your seat, similar to the bricks idea

You renewing mate? It'd be difficult to give up such a good seat :greengrin:

Beefster
23-02-2014, 09:42 AM
It doesn't really matter what they do, ST numbers will drop. Given all the continual mediocrity, I'm not sure how they can justify increasing prices though.

marinello59
23-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Just give us a team we can enjoy watching.

leggeto
23-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Would love to see a free child season book with every adult one in the east

B.H.F.C
23-02-2014, 09:57 AM
I really think they need to reduce the price. In the space of a couple of years it'll have went from including 3 category A fixtures to 1. Less quality (if you can call it that), high profile game should make it cheaper IMO.

I think we will get a freeze though and have it passed off as them doing us a favour when in fact what we have been paying isn't representing value in the first place.

Earl of Currie
23-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Would like to see an opportunity to buy a partial season ticket.
For example , vouchers for 10 games that could be redeemed during the season at the individuals choice.

This way you are not committed to every game and you can give the club the money up front.

portyhibernian
23-02-2014, 10:04 AM
All things considered I think freezing the prices and a 'buy one get one half price' scheme for new members and renewals might be a good way to go? Would then be roughly 600 for two adult ST's instead of over 800.

Billy Whizz
23-02-2014, 10:09 AM
I'd like to see them freeze my st price, but throw in cup top as well. I think with the lose of at least another 2 category games, they can justify that.
Although it won't affect me, I would like to see Hibs introduce low kids priced tickets everywhere in the ground. This is the season to start rebuilding the next generation

marinello59
23-02-2014, 10:15 AM
For example , vouchers for 10 games that could be redeemed during the season at the individuals choice.

This way you are not committed to every game and you can give the club the money up front.

If they did that then why would anybody bother with a full season ticket?

Saorsa
23-02-2014, 10:18 AM
If they did that then why would anybody bother with a full season ticket?Some people are starting tae think like that now anyway, why buy a ST when it saves on the cost of one game and you are likely tae miss mair with fixtures continually being dicked about, some for absolutely nae resaon. What is the advantage of a ST these days from the punters point of view other than the same seat?

marinello59
23-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Some people are starting tae think like that now, why buy a ST when it saves on the cost of one game and you are likely tae miss mair with fixtures continually being dicked about.

That's where I am to be honest. When it was just one season ticket I could justify the lack of value by saying it helped the club. With 3 to renew I just can't justify losing as much as I do.

Jones28
23-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Some people are starting tae think like that now anyway, why buy a ST when it saves on the cost of one game and you are likely tae miss mair with fixtures continually being dicked about, some for absolutely nae resaon. What is the advantage of a ST these days from the punters point of view other than the same seat?

Nail on head for me Dan. If every game was set at 3pm on a Saturday then I could get an ST. Work commitments mean it would be impossible for me to get my money's worth with a season ticket.

Unfortunately this has made me lazy and hardly bother with games this season.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Not sure I can justify the cost with a hopeful move of house on the cards.

Tv changes are really mucking fans and ST fans in particular about - why should the tv companies not offer fans a refund or compensation? Or credits for future season/the shop?

All clubs will side with the fans and blame tv yet take the money. There should be some form of compensation.

Loyalty in a variety of forms should be rewarded.

If season ticket holders continue to be mucked about without compensation they should get something unique for their troubles (I think the club started to do this with the free ST draw each day for the 2 weeks of sign up) - maybe monthly draws? Or an draw for 100 people to attend an audience with Terry & Mo? Or build in draws to experience the match days offerings (might drum up more demand?)

Ronniekirk
23-02-2014, 10:51 AM

While that appeals to me as I can't get to every game ,there may then be a significant drop in income at point we need to generate it for player budget pool as am sure there must be season ticket holders that can't make every game and if you gave them this option they might not buy season ticket.But walk ups like me who go to at least ten home games would give them money up front .My view this year is that Butcher and co are right management team and therefore this is the time for supporters to take a leap of faith and back him by buying a Season Ticket even although I won't be able to get to every game .I was a half season ticket holder for Mowburys tenure ,as the product on the park was good but I intend to get my first full season ticket and encourage my son to do likewise .Butcher will sell the club to players that otherwise wouldn't have considered coming to the club ,but we need to give him the resources as cup exits and lower crowds mean we don't have same income ,so we need to kick start something and then momentum will build .If we wait till there is a better product we are hampering our chances of doing well in the one and only season there will be no Rangers and no Hear7s .So let's try and make a little History ourselves ,and back the Team in Numbers .You can be sure Hear7s will use every selling point to flog season tickets next season so let's be proactive and upbeat

BroxburnHibee
23-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Some people are starting tae think like that now anyway, why buy a ST when it saves on the cost of one game and you are likely tae miss mair with fixtures continually being dicked about, some for absolutely nae resaon. What is the advantage of a ST these days from the punters point of view other than the same seat?

There used to be some real added benefits like reserve games and pre season friendlies but nowadays you get nothing. Only benefit is a small saving on walk ups which with the continual messing about with fixtures means lots of people miss out there too.

Personally if I had plenty of disposable income I would probably still buy one but in this day and age where money is tight, people are having to prioritise their income and unfortunately there's not been much incentive from Hibs for a few years.

I've said this before, relying on blind loyalty from a shrinking customer base seems like a terrible and totally unsustainable business plan.

I fear for East Mains if the ST numbers continue to drop.

Alfred E Newman
23-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Same again hopefully. £185 inc cup top up for west Lower is excellent value. Though it can be a big outlay, the most economical way to follow the team is still a season ticket even at full price. There were also some good value kids tickets on offer last year which hopefully will be repeated.

Saorsa
23-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Same again hopefully. £185 inc cup top up for west Lower is excellent value. Though it can be a big outlay, the most economical way to follow the team is still a season ticket even at full price. There were also some good value kids tickets on offer last year which hopefully will be repeated.Is it really? When people miss 3, 4, 5 games? Care tae explain the economy in that please when a full adult ticket saves on the cost of about 1 game?

EastCalderHibby
23-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Would like to go to games at 3pm on a sat but tv f.... that up and pisses me off as cant allways get to midweek games
but thats not hibs fault
still be gettin my st as dont want to loss my good seat in the east
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag:

Onion
23-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Rightly or wrongly Hibs need to make a high profile signing to show intent and do this early on eg June.

Not easy to do when players and agents will be on holiday or considering offers.

For example Boyd.

I honestly think price incentives (other than interest free payments option) are secondary to this. Its the excitement and hope over saving £30-£40 IMHO.

:agree: Hibs are going to lose hundreds of ST's next season, irrespective of what they do with prices. They've delivered crap at ER for years at a premium price, and no amount of discounts of marketing gimmicks will make up for that. IMHO one or two token signing will not cut it. Many will wait until they see a serious upturn in performance and results from TB before they commit £££ again. Expect many more PATGs next season.

Pretty Boy
23-02-2014, 12:03 PM
I want to renew but financially becoming a PATG fan makes more sense.

The ST for me was about doing my bit but money is tight at the moment. The golf membership has already gone and the ST could be next on the list sadly.

I don't really see any huge benefit to buying one now. I miss too many games due go work for it to make financial sense, derby tickets won't be an issue and if the proposed loyalty scheme starts then a few walk ups and a couple of away games will see me right for cup final tickets (ha!).

I don't envy whoever is charged with this years ST marketing.

matty_f
23-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Butcher has a massive job on his hands to give fans enough optimism between now and the end of the season that they believe in him enough to think next season will warrant the commitment.
He needs to get that message over to the players as well, they have to win games and play well.

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2014, 12:49 PM
I think as a lot of posters have said, ST tickets could take a hit all across Scotland next season, not just at Hibs.

1. The product is crap. People are realizing that they are buying ST's and not using them.

2. The recession has changed work patterns as OT becomes more of a necessity and less a luxury. Again, people buying ST's out of habit where walk up makes more sense for them.

Prawn Sandwich
23-02-2014, 12:55 PM
What are people expecting or hoping for in terms on renewal package ?
What would a good offer look like for you?
What would make it less likely for you to take up one

Last year we had some ideas / input into some aspects of ST packages via LWT (particularly the 'interest free' instalment plan) - as far as Im aware there has not been supporter input into the soon to be announced packages this season? which seems a bit of a backward step?

I would expect the following to included in a ST after putting up with the dross served up over past several seasons.

1. All home games
2. All cup games
3. Free and unlimited membership at Scorpio's
4. Eh.. That's it.

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see a price freeze again.

With Zebra Finance going under they'll have to do something else when it comes to the monthly payment option too.

The scheme was still operating so whoever took it over will surely contunue to do so.

Ship Hibs
23-02-2014, 01:16 PM
You renewing mate? It'd be difficult to give up such a good seat :greengrin:

Think it could be a half season and hope nobody pinches it!

Alfred E Newman
23-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Is it really? When people miss 3, 4, 5 games? Care tae explain the economy in that please when a full adult ticket saves on the cost of about 1 game?

When you take into concideration cat A games at £27 that can be a saving though I agree those games will be thin on the ground for the next couple of seasons.
I still think the buy early deals and family deals are not bad though. I am sure a full paying adult could buy a kids season for next to nothing last year. PATG for an adult and child would be almost £40

Russ
23-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Nail on head for me Dan. If every game was set at 3pm on a Saturday then I could get an ST. Work commitments mean it would be impossible for me to get my money's worth with a season ticket.

I've seen numerous excuses over the years for not going to see the cabbage, a have to say laziness is a first:rolleyes:

Pete
23-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Bogof

Saorsa
23-02-2014, 02:10 PM
When you take into concideration cat A games at £27 that can be a saving though I agree those games will be thin on the ground for the next couple of seasons.
I still think the buy early deals and family deals are not bad though. I am sure a full paying adult could buy a kids season for next to nothing last year. PATG for an adult and child would be almost £40I'm not talking about or interested in free kids tickets, family tickets or anything else and that's not what I questioned, I questioned your assertion that full price tickets were economic. I'm talking about the one I buy, a full price adult ticket on it's own. If you make every game you save a few quid, once a game or two are missed which is highly likely given they way they are ****ed about then there is nothing economic about it and the saving isnae worth the risk of paying up front.

Try tae save on 2 games and risk missing out on 4 or 5 :hmmm:

or

pay when you can go and save mair :hmmm:

I said it on earlier on this thread or the other one, I'd actually be willing tae pay a bit mair for my ticket if every game was on the saturday. As it is this Friday night fitba in Edinburgh now is just one mair way for season ticket holders tae be ersed about in favour of those that watch on TV. It's a game I'll now be missing because it's been moved from the saturday.

lucky
23-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Hibs should try; including cup matches
5000 sold £405
8000 sold £350
10000 sold £300

Kids up to 16 £50
Students £100
Unemployed £75

Payment scheme must be interest free

leggeto
23-02-2014, 02:42 PM
I want to renew too but pay at the gate makes more sense for me as I've missed around 4 games this season due to holidays and work,handy having the st on monthly pay mind you but could just keep a few quid in the bank for the games instead,doesn't help TV moving kick off times either

leggeto
23-02-2014, 03:02 PM
I'm not talking about or interested in free kids tickets, family tickets or anything else and that's not what I questioned, I questioned your assertion that full price tickets were economic. I'm talking about the one I buy, a full price adult ticket on it's own. If you make every game you save a few quid, once a game or two are missed which is highly likely given they way they are ****ed about then there is nothing economic about it and the saving isnae worth the risk of paying up front.

or

I said it on earlier on this thread or the other one, I'd actually be willing tae pay a bit mair for my ticket if every game was on the saturday. As it is this Friday night fitba in Edinburgh now is just one mair way for season ticket holders tae be ersed about in favour of those that watch on TV. It's a game I'll now be missing because it's been moved from the saturday.

hard to disagree with any of that DD, will have to come up with a decent offer for me to keep shelling out the £67 a month I do now for my 3 books

Alfred E Newman
23-02-2014, 03:43 PM
I'm not talking about or interested in free kids tickets, family tickets or anything else and that's not what I questioned, I questioned your assertion that full price tickets were economic. I'm talking about the one I buy, a full price adult ticket on it's own. If you make every game you save a few quid, once a game or two are missed which is highly likely given they way they are ****ed about then there is nothing economic about it and the saving isnae worth the risk of paying up front.

or

I go to most games so the ticket makes sense and saves hastle,booking fees and a guarantees me a good seat.
I agree that the biggest turn off is the daft kick off times but like it or not the club can't survive without season ticket holders . In the days before season tickets were so readily available crowds could drop as low as 3 or 4 thousand if results were poor.

greenlex
23-02-2014, 03:48 PM
We sold hundreds of season tickets on the back of getting a cup final ticket. They will be down no matter what. I will renew.

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2014, 03:55 PM
I want:

Interest free payment plan
Free cup top up
A full refund for any game moved for TV if ST is not used
20% discount on the followng purchased at Easter Road stadium (food, beer, merchandise from club shop)

Not to much to ask is it :greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
23-02-2014, 04:12 PM
I like the German model where season ticket loyalty is rewarded. I read that a Bayern Munich ST last year was 170euros whereas it cost 35euros for a walk up.

So, I'd like to see the club be even more adventurous and cut season ticket prices in half but keep the walk up price the same. This would really encourage supporters to buy a ST as the savings would be far greater and the cost more realistic for the average fan.

In addition, with more fans in the ground they should be able to make more from the club shop and catering outlets (although it always amazes me that people can't go 2 hours without eating or drinking when you consider what they charge). I'd be interested in the catering figures for the last derby.

Finally, any televised match should be made cheaper - a full house makes for a better game and a better TV spectacle. ST holders shouldn't miss out on this discount - a suitable reduction in the following seasons ST renewal should be in place.

That said, I'll be renewing as I have for the past god knows how many years.

down-the-slope
23-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Been out all day since I started thread - lots of interesting replies but not really any surprises or suggestions that are radical ?

The whole budgeting process of the club and cash flow is based on the 5000 or so early ST renwers (most don't realise that our club have no overdraft facility at the bank - ST's give the working capital to pay our bills and offer contracts to players with certainty of affordability)

The 'interest free' option costs the club money as it has to pay the finance fees to lender to enable it to gain the lump sum of full ST up front

Lots of the reasons people can't or won't renew are not new but has been a slow erosion of priority of fans over TV for years, there is a poor economic climate, as well as us having been under achieving for years in a league that has not been won other than by Celtic and a now defunct team in many years.

The world has changed and the way we consume most things has changed - for me the radical option is to change the financial model the club operates on and do away with ST all together and introduce Club Membership. That way we do away with idea of renewal where we are in effect asked once a year if we still want to be customers (no other business would do that willingly) but have a continuing monthly membership fee for which we are entitled to certain benefits.

To do this we would need to change the concept of what we pay being directly related to what we consume / use.

There would need to be a shift where our club offer benefits to Members that non members can't get at any price - for instance a yearly club dinner where we get to meet the staff and players / exclusive merchandise (only examples)

Newcastle introduced a 10 year membership that remains the same cost as long as its continuous for that period - We could offer membership to standard adults at £35 monthly DD that would not change for say 5 years with an agreed number of minimum benefits and possibly some that would change and evolve...

What I think we will get at best is

The 'interest free' 10 month continued in some form
Price freeze
Free CTU for early renewers

weonlywon6-2
23-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Would love to see a free child season book with every adult one in the east

great idea,even in the famous five as well to get numbers in there.
a standing section would be good as well

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2014, 04:30 PM
If they freeze the price that's effectively an increase, based on us being 2 x category a matches less.

If they freeze or increase the price pay at the gate is the most economical way.

3pm
23-02-2014, 04:31 PM
I'd play every game at 3 and put all Celtic games on a delayed transmission.

However, if folk still don't go we're strugglin, strugglin, strugglin.

weonlywon6-2
23-02-2014, 04:34 PM
I like the German model where season ticket loyalty is rewarded. I read that a Bayern Munich ST last year was 170euros whereas it cost 35euros for a walk up.

So, I'd like to see the club be even more adventurous and cut season ticket prices in half but keep the walk up price the same. This would really encourage supporters to buy a ST as the savings would be far greater and the cost more realistic for the average fan.

In addition, with more fans in the ground they should be able to make more from the club shop and catering outlets (although it always amazes me that people can't go 2 hours without eating or drinking when you consider what they charge). I'd be interested in the catering figures for the last derby.

Finally, any televised match should be made cheaper - a full house makes for a better game and a better TV spectacle. ST holders shouldn't miss out on this discount - a suitable reduction in the following seasons ST renewal should be in place.

i think bayern can afford to do that with the fans because most of their income comes from tv and sponsorship,such huge money at the top of the tree

offshorehibby
23-02-2014, 05:39 PM

i think bayern can afford to do that with the fans because most of their income comes from tv and sponsorship,such huge money at the top of the tree

I think with an average home gate of 71,000 they can afford to keep prices low. Even without TV money they're making 2.5M Euros.

Jones28
23-02-2014, 05:45 PM
I've seen numerous excuses over the years for not going to see the cabbage, a have to say laziness is a first:rolleyes:

I'd rather be honest than come out with some other bull****. Why spend time and money on fuel and tickets when I can listen to it on te radio? Not been much of a pull lately. I think the 10 years of having a season ticket prior to moving to the borders means myself and my dad have played out parts.

bingo70
23-02-2014, 06:19 PM

Agree with every word. Few responses saying bayern can only do that due to the size of the fan base and the tv deal but imo thats missing the point.

I think walk up prices are what they need to be because of our ***** tv deal but to get more punters coming through the door regularly there has to be a clear saving for getting a season ticket. It wont happen but if an adult season ticket cost say £200 there would be enough of an increase in numbers to compensate for the reduced prices imo.

If we keep charging £360 or whatever it is then season ticket numbers will continue to go down (unless we get to a cup final every year)

Beefster
23-02-2014, 07:21 PM
If they freeze the price that's effectively an increase, based on us being 2 x category a matches less.

If they freeze or increase the price pay at the gate is the most economical way.

You're right but, giving the unanimous clamour for Sevco to not be allowed into the top league and for Hearts to be punished accordingly, I'd be surprised at folk not renewing because of the lack of category A games or because Hibs haven't reduced the prices accordingly.

lugz
23-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Due to work commitments, having a young family there is no chance i'll be renewing. Its hard to justify spending £400 (East ST holder) to watch scottish football.

Fair play to anyone who continues to plow their money into the club.

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Does anyone who has a ST feel that Hibs recognise them as a valued customer?

I'm_cabbaged
23-02-2014, 07:54 PM

No, only time I hear from the club is when they want more money out of me.

Beefster
23-02-2014, 07:57 PM

Not in the slightest.

Col2
23-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Radical ideas are likely to be risky in a non risk environment.

IF we had an owner willing to incentivise..... He could say he will every penny over say 7000 season ticket sales he will provide 50% additional investment into the team and for every penny over say 10000 season ticket sales he will offer 100% additional investment into the team (eg double the money)....

Stick a season ticket counter on the main site and here and the bounce and market heavily and results could be interesting!

Wont happen though.

matty_f
23-02-2014, 08:17 PM
I posted on another thread that I'd like to see either a season ticket that didn't include tv games (and therefore cheaper than a standard st) or an agreement that any games scheduled for tv this coming season that the season ticket as not used for, would be deducted from the price of the season ticket for the following season. That way there's an incentive to buy this season, and the season after.

Saorsa
23-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Does anyone who has a ST feel that Hibs recognise them as a valued customer?The only time fans are valued is when they're trying tae sell you the ST's, once they've got the dosh.....

erin go bragh
24-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Any news regarding the trial standing areas?
Have Hibs declared an interest in them .standing area behind the goals ff end would imo be fantastic .
Dont know yet if me and the 2 wee ones will be renewing as the ff lower has zero atmosphere at present . Yes i know the atmosphere is better in the east but the deal for an adult and 2 kids means the ff lower is a couple of hundred pounds cheaper than the east ( now if the same deal for a adult and 2 kids for the ff lower was made the same for the east .id renew straight away .

Ggtth

Weststandwanab
24-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Hibs should try; including cup matches
5000 sold £405
8000 sold £350
10000 sold £300

Kids up to 16 £50
Students £100
Unemployed £75

Payment scheme must be interest free A great idea.

I want:

Interest free payment plan
Free cup top up
A full refund for any game moved for TV if ST is not used
20% discount on the followng purchased at Easter Road stadium (food, beer, merchandise from club shop)

Not to much to ask is it :greengrin A great idea which means tat Hibs will not do it.

i think bayern can afford to do that with the fans because most of their income comes from tv and sponsorship,such huge money at the top of the tree That is the case.

killie-hibby
24-02-2014, 11:26 AM

Havent a clue. What I do know is that, if Hibs voted for the current TV deal, then they value Sky and BT subscribers more highly than all of us who have ST's or PATG.

Jack
24-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Havent a clue. What I do know is that, if Hibs voted for the current TV deal, then they value Sky and BT subscribers more highly than all of us who have ST's or PATG.

I'm fairly certain Hibs didn't vote for it in its current form.

The club is only too aware of supporters feelings on the matter.

Also clubs get no financial benefit from games being on the telly as its pooled and divvied out on league placings. As an example, if the yams ended up being the most televised club this season they'd still end up getting the lowest reward.

clerriehibs
24-02-2014, 12:43 PM
ST is all about investing in Hibs. But it's also about having an entertaining saturday (no-one thinks in terms of an entertaining monday night or sunday lunchtime), sitting wirh your mates, and securing big final tickets.

Forget the latter, do your mates even still go, and we're not entertaining, and many games not on a saturday are unappealing.

I'll still buy - but for matches attended, it won't be cost effective.

For those for whom money is tight? No, I wouldn't fork out either

mglancy23
24-02-2014, 12:58 PM
With only 1 category 1 game next season I think prices will be reduced.

happiehibbie
24-02-2014, 01:00 PM
I agree with lost of posts on here,

The ST next year wont have as many Cat A games

VFM is what i think everyone wants now a days. I tend to buy in the Edinburgh suite but its really very poor Food crap drinks expensive, Pre match entertainment very poor. for the record i buy 3

I will be moving next year to the west lower.

i have missed 3 games his year due to TV or moved dates

I would like to see a huge PR excersise personally i would have a celeb signing every year to increase season books

I await Russels offerings

Weststandwanab
24-02-2014, 01:09 PM

VFM is what i think everyone wants now a days. I tend to buy in the Edinburgh suite but its really very poor Food crap drinks expensive, Pre match entertainment very poor. for the record i buy 3

I would like to see a huge PR excersise personally i would have a celeb signing every year to increase season books

I await Russels offerings A very fair post.

I have missed - so far - three games and will now miss the Motherwell game as I am going to the Rugby International.

The VFM is paramount and I was unaware that you could buy edible food at a match.

killie-hibby
24-02-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm fairly certain Hibs didn't vote for it in its current form.

The club is only too aware of supporters feelings on the matter.

Also clubs get no financial benefit from games being on the telly as its pooled and divvied out on league placings. As an example, if the yams ended up being the most televised club this season they'd still end up getting the lowest reward.

If Hibs didn't vote for the current TV package it gives me greater encouragement to renew my ST. Regards the TV money being pooled and dished out according to league position it would be interesting to find out which club has the most home games KO's at 3pm on Saturdays. Surely it wont be Celtic as I heard Mr Lennon moaning on the radio about his teams ST supporters being inconvenienced by date and time changes to televised games.

Saorsa
24-02-2014, 01:16 PM
If Hibs didn't vote for the current TV package it gives me greater encouragement to renew my ST. Regards the TV money being pooled and dished out according to league position it would be interesting to find out which club has the most home games KO's at 3pm on Saturdays. Surely it wont be Celtic as I heard Mr Lennon moaning on the radio about his teams ST supporters being inconvenienced by date and time changes to televised games.Now they'll ken what it's like then, everybody outside what used tae be the OF has had tae put up with it a lot longer than them.

My_Wife_Camille
24-02-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm surprised that so many people see the Value for Money aspect as the main reason behind buying a season ticket. That doesn't even come into it for me. Even if a season ticket was no cheaper at all than buying as a walk up then I'd still buy one every year. Having my own seat guaranteed every week with my mates, getting priority for cup tickets, and helping Hibs out in the best way possible (by their own admission) is far more important to me than saving an extra £20-40 over the course of 8 months.

Pete
25-02-2014, 03:54 AM
I'm surprised that so many people see the Value for Money aspect as the main reason behind buying a season ticket. That doesn't even come into it for me. Even if a season ticket was no cheaper at all than buying as a walk up then I'd still buy one every year. Having my own seat guaranteed every we'ek with my mates, getting priority for cup tickets, and helping Hibs out in the best way possible (by their own admission) is far more important to me than saving an extra £20-40 over the course of 8 months.

Everyone has their own personal cut off point where it becomes not worth it to buy a ST (usually dictated by common sense) but I agree with your sentiment and attitude.

Danderhall Hibs
25-02-2014, 05:40 AM
You're right but, giving the unanimous clamour for Sevco to not be allowed into the top league and for Hearts to be punished accordingly, I'd be surprised at folk not renewing because of the lack of category A games or because Hibs haven't reduced the prices accordingly.

Could be cheaper to pay at the gate every week then?

GoldenEagle
25-02-2014, 06:06 AM
I'm surprised that so many people see the Value for Money aspect as the main reason behind buying a season ticket. That doesn't even come into it for me. Even if a season ticket was no cheaper at all than buying as a walk up then I'd still buy one every year. Having my own seat guaranteed every week with my mates, getting priority for cup tickets, and helping Hibs out in the best way possible (by their own admission) is far more important to me than saving an extra £20-40 over the course of 8 months.

Absolutely spot on. For me it's me providing funds to my club and having the ability to go to my seat, sit next to my old man and watch the Hibs.

Talk of 'saving' a couple of quid a week and it being not economically viable due to TV changes might be reality for some but it'll be the same folk moaning like hell about the lack of signings or closing the south stand etc which are a real possibility.

marinello59
25-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Absolutely spot on. For me it's me providing funds to my club and having the ability to go to my seat, sit next to my old man and watch the Hibs.

Talk of 'saving' a couple of quid a week and it being not economically viable due to TV changes might be reality for some but it'll be the same folk moaning like hell about the lack of signings or closing the south stand etc which are a real possibility.

So we should say nothing then and simply accept it.

oregonhibby
25-02-2014, 06:45 AM

I await Russels offerings

I have 2 for the Edinburgh Suite and there are 4 others at my table who are actively talking about not renewing.

The original idea behind the Edinburgh Suite was that this was the best seasonal package in the ground - seats, lounge etc, but it has deteriorated in time. If Grant is not working you are lucky to get someone to come in before the game. The food is generally poor and dry and the bar service is ropey - shock never ice or lemon in a G&T. Seldom see a director walking the floor and the commercial team concentrate on the hospitality lounges. If the 6 of us move and you move then that is £9k being replaced with £4.5k and hardly helpful.

I have missed all the games that have been moved and inevitably there has been 2 where I was away on business. Essentially £500 of my £2000 unused. It does not make sense to renew unless there is some USP, which there hasn't been for a long time - not just on the park.

They need to review and come up with something good to tempt me with this package again.

Russ
25-02-2014, 07:04 AM

:top marks Too many season ticket holders see themselves as some kind of class above any other Hibs fan. I for one am just happy to have a team to support, and anyone who lived through the Mercer debacle complaining about the fare on offer etc would do well to remember that.

Jones28
25-02-2014, 07:55 AM
It pains me to say it but after 10 seasons of consecutive season tickets there came a point with us, and with many other Hibs fans im sure, where we were sick of mediocrity. We got lucky in that our first ST was as the Mowbray era got underway.

If money was no obstacle then I would have a season ticket every season. Unfortunately it is, and this season the package would have to be exceptional to entice me back.

gegs70
25-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Reduced season ticket price free child tickets under12. A lot of the season tickets sold for this season was from people wanting to secure cup final tickets, so will not sign up again.

They need to get the product right on the park. make the price something that cannot be refused £200 season tickets.... Encourage more sales elsewhere but get the fans back into the stadiums.

green&left
25-02-2014, 08:18 AM

:hilarious

With this mentality this is exactly why football clubs (every single one of them) take the complete and utter piss by bumping us rotten. Abusing our loyalty...

For most who can't afford a £400 lump sum (Not a chance I will so fingers crossed for the interest free package) there is absolutely no incentive to buy a season ticket. Reasons outlined above about guaranteeing a seat and priority for away tickets, the way things have been you can pretty much get your own block of seats for home matches and can't think of any away days were priority has been required?

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2014, 09:11 AM
:top marks Too many season ticket holders see themselves as some kind of class above any other Hibs fan. I for one am just happy to have a team to support, and anyone who lived through the Mercer debacle complaining about the fare on offer etc would do well to remember that.

Utter drivel!

Bobby's Cinema
25-02-2014, 09:24 AM
This shouldn't come as a surprise. value for money, not in the sense that "I'm not sure supporting my team is worth that much". It's the outright cost that a lot of people won't be able to justify.

GoldenEagle
25-02-2014, 10:18 AM
So we should say nothing then and simply accept it.

I'd make my feelings well known, and RP agrees with them, but I wouldn't weaken my club by not getting a ST.

marinello59
25-02-2014, 10:21 AM
I's make my feelings well known, and RP agrees with them, but I wouldn't weaken my club of I could help it by not getting a ST.

How many games missed would be your tipping point then or don't you have one?

hibseleven
25-02-2014, 11:44 AM
some interesting points on this thread, and it certainly seems that the club should be taking notice.

As mentioned Season Tickets are only "the best way to watch Hibs" if you can go to every game. While this is ok for me (at the moment) it should surely be noticed that peoples work patterns are far different to a few years ago.

We only seem to be valued customers when they need our money, and if sales of ST are so vital then people should be rewarded.

I can't see KO times changing any time soon either.

Ways to reward fans? discount for food, discount in club shop, discount for fans who go for a pint/snack behind the goals? Free cup top ups?

Who knows what will be on offer? I'll be getting a new one, it's still a novelty for me at this stage.....

Beefster
25-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Could be cheaper to pay at the gate every week then?

The cost of the missing category A games from this season is only about £12, I think. However, there isn't much saving on an ST anyway so if it came to pass that you'd save money paying every week, someone at Hibs needs sacked.

leggeto
25-02-2014, 12:49 PM

iirc I missed around 5 games last season and have missed 4 this season and with an adult,child and oap season tickets bought I've lost out on a few bob I could have saved if I were to walk up

gegs70
25-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Ok a season ticket gives you priority booking, you.give the club payment I'm.advance to strengthen the squad. I'm sure that Terry will do this and put out a team that will entertain but he will.only do.it with the cash that we pay for season tickets.

I.definitely think.hibs need to.address cat A games next season will.be Celtic only and it's overpriced and on TV and at a crap time so rarely will they sell these games.

Onion
25-02-2014, 01:12 PM
This shouldn't come as a surprise. value for money, not in the sense that "I'm not sure supporting my team is worth that much". It's the outright cost that a lot of people won't be able to justify.

Agree, outright cost is a big issue for most people, but value for money is a wide measure including the quality of the fare that's being served up. Pretty sure it would have been a LOT cheaper for me to PATG over the last 5 or 6 seasons, due to missing games, but I saw the upfront payment as investing in the club's future and new manager's ideas. Sadly, all that happened was Petrie and a string of dreadful managers pissed it away time and again on forced severance payments and terrible players and teams. I can afford a ST but for now at least I'm finished with underwriting Petrie's mistakes and dreadful leadership.

Pete
25-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Over the road they have staggered pricing, bronze(discounted) through to platinum (a little bit more.

Something like this gives those who might miss some games the option of still committing but taking less of a hit should. they miss a lot of games. I'm sure we had something like this many moons ago and maybe its time for it to return?

GoldenEagle
25-02-2014, 04:44 PM

I get to about 4 games a season if I'm lucky with my ST.

marinello59
25-02-2014, 05:30 PM
I get to about 4 games a season if I'm lucky with my ST.

You are very privileged to be able to comfortably pay £100 a game then. It's just a shame you scornfully dismiss those who are concerned about 'saving a few quid' whilst you selflessly do so much to protect the club.

Jonnyboy
25-02-2014, 06:45 PM
:hilarious

With this mentality this is exactly why football clubs (every single one of them) take the complete and utter piss by bumping us rotten. Abusing our loyalty...

For most who can't afford a £400 lump sum (Not a chance I will so fingers crossed for the interest free package) there is absolutely no incentive to buy a season ticket. Reasons outlined above about guaranteeing a seat and priority for away tickets, the way things have been you can pretty much get your own block of seats for home matches and can't think of any away days were priority has been required?

So those of us who decide to buy a season ticket, come what may, are to be looked down upon as some sort of patsy's? Jeez, I've heard it all now

craigmounthibby
25-02-2014, 06:51 PM

There used to be 12 of us, sat together, with season tickets. Financial issues and quality on the pitch are a factor, but the reason only 5 of us are current season ticket holders is the constant fixture changes. Not sure how long the tv deal has to run, but I can't see this changing.

What we really need at Easter Road is a great atmosphere, through big crowds. There are things the club can't control (fixture changes), to influence this, but they can make the price very attractive.

What about the price for everyone's season ticket is reduced, as further sales are achieved. Make a season ticket much better than 1/2 game saving on walk up price (£275) and once 5000 are sold, everyone gets £10 back. Once/if 10000 sold, everyone gets another £15 back.

Gotta think bigger picture. 10000 @ £250 is so much better than keeping prices at £350, and hoping 7000 - 8000 buy at that price, with the remainder paying at the gate. It won't happen.

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Time for a change of club maybe, I might get a ST for Tynie instead, it's quite an attractive package

Cheaper Ticket
Considerably closer to my house
A chance of competing to actually win the league

I will not make a decision just yet, will wait until I see what the renewal offer from Hibs is like.

Alfred E Newman
25-02-2014, 08:14 PM
So those of us who decide to buy a season ticket, come what may, are to be looked down upon as some sort of patsy's? Jeez, I've heard it all now

Just what I was thinking Johnny. Reading this thread I'm starting to feel guilty about buying a season ticket.

GoldenEagle
25-02-2014, 08:34 PM
You are very privileged to be able to comfortably pay £100 a game then. It's just a shame you scornfully dismiss those who are concerned about 'saving a few quid' whilst you selflessly do so much to protect the club.

All I done was answered your question, was there any need for that response? Anyways water of a ducks back.

I'd just prefer for fellow fans to take a view that without them buying season tickets we WILL be in a financial Armageddon. Take away the derbies, ****ty crowds for a 12:30 KO at home v Celtic, no Rangers and corporate falling off a cliff the reality is that we have large outgoings which will need to be balanced by huge cuts in the playing budget or worse.

If you then add in a good few thousand fans who don't think its worth it to support their club and you better believe that we'll financially struggle.

I'd much rather see fans continue to renew next season than be asked to bake cakes or contribute to a monthly DD scheme which is in effect a life support scheme.

It's within the gift of fellow Hibs fans to make that decision to contribute to buy ST's and keep the club financially viable and competitive or not. To think this isn't the stark reality is head in the sand stuff.

It's everyone's own personal shout but please also appreciate that I don't expect to read one post from anyone criticising the club for taking the necessary action to keep the club going in its present state if your making a decision not to renew.

whiskyhibby
25-02-2014, 08:44 PM
All I done was answered your question, was there any need for that response? Anyways water of a ducks back.

I'd just prefer for fellow fans to take a view that without them buying season tickets we WILL be in a financial Armageddon. Take away the derbies, ****ty crowds for a 12:30 KO at home v Celtic, no Rangers and corporate falling off a cliff the reality is that we have large outgoings which will need to be balanced by huge cuts in the playing budget or worse.

If you then add in a good few thousand fans who don't think its worth it to support their club and you better believe that we'll financially struggle.

I'd much rather see fans continue to renew next season than be asked to bake cakes or contribute to a monthly DD scheme which is in effect a life support scheme.

It's within the gift of fellow Hibs fans to make that decision to contribute to buy ST's and keep the club financially viable and competitive or not. To think this isn't the stark reality is head in the sand stuff.

It's everyone's own personal shout but please also appreciate that I don't expect to read one post from anyone criticising the club for taking the necessary action to keep the club going in its present state if your making a decision not to renew.

Well said !!

:soapbox::rockin:

Ozyhibby
25-02-2014, 09:32 PM
I'll be buying a season ticket but the club really need to lift their game next season. The last 6 years have been an absolute disgrace.
Anymore 'Terry needs time' nonsense and I'll be giving up and I doubt I'll be alone.

gegs70
25-02-2014, 09:38 PM
It depends do people want to pay less or pay more to get better players.

Could they base the cost on season tickets on how many are purchased??

Russ
26-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Time for a change of club maybe, I might get a ST for Tynie instead, it's quite an attractive package

Cheaper Ticket

I will not make a decision just yet, will wait until I see what the renewal offer from Hibs is like.

Cheerio Cheerio

O'Rourke3
26-02-2014, 12:34 PM

Cheaper Ticket

ltyf :cb

marinello59
26-02-2014, 01:47 PM

You dismissed those with genuine concerns about affordability as the same ones who will whinge about lack of signings etc. A bit unfair no? That's the point I was making. It wasn't worded very well though so apologies for that.

As for the rest of your post, I hope we get as high a take up of season tickets as possible but unlike you, some of us have some tough financial decisions to make. Family comes before fitba after all. That's not a case of ''not thinking it's worth it to support the club'' is it?
Your final comment? I have never criticised anybody for taking the necessary action to keep the club going. I would encourage anybody that can afford it to renew their season ticket.

Onion
26-02-2014, 02:37 PM

How about performance related ST prices based on no of Home wins, end position in league, no of home cup games etc ? You start by paying a base price of say £200 for a ST and the club can make further financial "calls" depending on how the team performs.

THAT would bring a bit of focus to the club ... and maybe fans would start to get VFM.

Ok, worth a try.... :rolleyes:

silverhibee
26-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Does all ST money go towards the rebuilding of the team.?

Where does the money come from to maintain EM, think it has been mentioned that it costs £500k each year.?

Apart from ST & Advertising what other incomes do the club bring in and where from.?

Jamesie
26-02-2014, 03:30 PM
An adult can buy a season ticket for St Johnstone for £250: http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/season-tickets.php

They had a crowd of less than 1,900 last night.

And yet they sit above us in the league.

So don't tell me you need to price season tickets >£300 to have a quality product on the park.

Billy Whizz
26-02-2014, 03:43 PM
An adult can buy a season ticket for St Johnstone for £250: http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/season-tickets.php

So don't tell me you need to price season tickets >£300 to have a quality product on the park.
And kids under 12 get in free if accompanied by an adult at the Saints v Hibs game on the 22nd March

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2014, 05:49 PM

If only it were that simple that paying more actually guaranteed better players.

Torto7062
26-02-2014, 06:31 PM

bang on the nails heed Jones....I work Sundays so
Don't get a season ticket anymore and don't
feel I'm losing out if I miss 3/4 home games

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Anyway it's about time the details were released so I can plan my Saturdays!

andrew70
26-02-2014, 07:50 PM

This is something that annoys me as well. How have other, smaller, clubs done it on a regular basis? Simply I think it's a mixture of Hibs getting things wrong in terms of stalling on targets etc and also players holding us to ransom. We are seen as a bigger club this brings with it a bigger bargaining tool for prospective players. The 'bigger' the club the more money they can look for so to speak!

Blaster
26-02-2014, 08:00 PM
In terms of the st Johnstone comparison, anyone know what their debt is? I am guessing it is low and therefore the other money they make can be put towards player budget where our other resources manage to service our debt?

Did they not build their stadium by selling their old one? Therefore we had to spend money building our stadium hence our debt

gegs70
27-02-2014, 08:16 AM
If only it were that simple that paying more actually guaranteed better players.

Agreed but still think Terry will do well and will bring in better players over the summer.

gegs70
27-02-2014, 08:20 AM
bang on the nails heed Jones....I work Sundays so
Don't get a season ticket anymore and don't
feel I'm losing out if I miss 3/4 home games

So if they charged you for Saturday only season ticket? Would you buy one?

gegs70
27-02-2014, 08:31 AM
This is something that annoys me as well. playe other, smaller, clubs done it on a regular basis? Simply I think it's a mixture of Hibs getting things wrong in terms of stalling on targets etc and also players holding us to ransom. We are seen as a bigger club this brings with it a bigger bargaining tool for prospective players. The 'bigger' the club the more money they can look for so to speak!

I.think we penny pinched so much that a few deals for players stalled. that said felon seemed to.bring in a lot of players. on the back of 2 seasons of cup finals where hibs sold season tickets as a way to guarantee a cup final ticket...I think a lot felt this was emotional blackmail and season tickets will drop so pricing has to be right...they need something imaginative to get people back on board?

Ringothedog
27-02-2014, 09:13 AM
How many extra season tickets do people think we sold on the back of the cup finals ? I would suggest not many!! 500 as a max and I would bet my last penny that the majority of them would be at concession prices. Yes ST sales will go down but not by as many as some on here seem to think. I will get mine, not out of a sense of duty or that I am an uberfan but because I support Hibernian FC and that it benefits me by not having to find a minimum of £22 each time i attend.

The bottom line is if you want a ST buy one, if you dont then that is your call.

Russ
27-02-2014, 12:29 PM
How many extra season tickets do people think we sold on the back of the cup finals ? I would suggest not many!! 500 as a max and I would bet my last penny that the majority of them would be at concession prices. Yes ST sales will go down but not by as many as some on here seem to think. I will get mine, not out of a sense of duty or that I am an uberfan but because I support Hibernian FC and that it benefits me by not having to find a minimum of £22 each time i attend.

The bottom line is if you want a ST buy one, if you dont then that is your call.
Spot on, whatever happened to going to the matches cos yer primary reason was you supported Hibs.

lord bunberry
27-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Spot on, whatever happened to going to the matches cos yer primary reason was you supported Hibs.

My primary concern is supporting hibs but when a game is moved to a Friday night I can't support hibs as I have to work. The fans are being asked to support our club financially by buying season tickets when a season ticket makes no financial sense. Everyone who buys a season ticket on finance to support the club is taking on a debt to avoid the club going into debt, how are we rewarded for this loyalty? By being mucked around by the club/TV companies. Maybe its time those who can afford it most put their hands in their pockets and brought in a few players early doors next season and show us that its not a one way street were backing the manager is concerened.
Having said all that I will still renew even though I know it won't make any sort of sense financially.

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2014, 12:55 PM

Jeez why didn't admins just post that right after OP and close the thread. It would have prevented all this discussion on a Hibs fans forum about Hibs season tickets!

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2014, 01:00 PM

Errrrrrrrrrrr have you missed the part about matches being moved to suit TV thus preventing people from going to matches they have already paid for and therefore questioning the worth of a ST?

Hibs7
27-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Errrrrrrrrrrr have you missed the part about matches being moved to suit TV thus preventing people from going to matches they have already paid for and therefore questioning the worth of a ST?

Nail on the head. ... That is the biggest issue ... Because the Aberdeen game was changed, it has cost me £200 more to bring my son and grandson up for the " follow on your stars footsteps" now rearranged for the Motherwell game. With no come back on the SPFL idiots that run our game ... Not the way to get fans back to watch games at the stadiums..

Ringothedog
27-02-2014, 01:33 PM

This is a problem.......but, most fans buy a ST realising that games will be changed for tv. I am not agreeing with the changes but it is a fact. The club's have a few options to them:
Do nothing and take the tv money
Stuff the tv deal
If option 1 we as fans just have to accept it
if we go for option 2 will a club like us sell enough extra season tickets to offset the loss of tv money. I somehow doubt it.

We have played the vast majority of our games at 3 on a Saturday with no or very little increase in crowds. The best example would be the raith game

oregonhibby
27-02-2014, 04:29 PM
How about a 3/4 season ticket for those games that we know will unlikely change and the other 1/4 first option on your seat or charged when you present your electronic ticket at the turnstile.

Green Fish
27-02-2014, 08:02 PM
How about a competitively priced st for us that work shifts for any 12 home games throughout the year

Gatecrasher
28-02-2014, 05:55 AM
I'm sure I heard an advert for season tickets on the radio about half an hour ago? It was definitely a hibs one and mentioned 2014/2015, I was half a sleep at the time.

adhibs
28-02-2014, 06:06 AM
Stuffs out today, £380 early bird adult. CTU is now £50. Still an 11 ninth payment plan as well

lucky
28-02-2014, 06:20 AM
Stuffs out today, £380 early bird adult. CTU is now £50. Still an 11 ninth payment plan as well

The CTU is a gamble and at £50 I won't be taking it. But to be fair it's been good value in recent times. £380 works out £20 per game so not to bad

bingo70
28-02-2014, 06:25 AM
How does £380 compare to this season?

Gatecrasher
28-02-2014, 06:26 AM

I don't think I will be getting a CTU next season then. £50 as mentioned is too much of a gamble. £380 is no bad though.

Gatecrasher
28-02-2014, 06:27 AM
How does £380 compare to this season?

The same for East and West. I think the F5 was £355 this season (might still be).

adhibs
28-02-2014, 07:05 AM
The same for East and West. I think the F5 was £355 this season (might still be).

Aye, still the same. Seems same prices as last season all over

Scouse Hibee
28-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Is it free CTU for early bird?

lucky
28-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Nothing on the Hibs website about any of this

Gatecrasher
28-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Nothing on the Hibs website about any of this

I haven't seen anything either, just what adhibs posted. But I did hear an advert on the radio this morning! :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
28-02-2014, 07:59 AM
I find it hard to believe that in today's age clubs in Scottish football are not doing enough for their club supporters.

IMO there should be a flat rate for season tickets, say £500 for adults... This should entitle you to support you team at every home game inc. cup games - with no added cost. Then the adult supporter can use the season ticket to follow and gain entry into every away game at a discount rate of say £10 (except cat A games)... TV money should be shared equally to make up any shortfall.

The season ticket should allow fans to discount travel on public transport only on matchdays (tram, rail and bus) as well.

This would allow fans to attend a lot of games of their choosing and maybe after a few years grounds will start to look filler after the idea develops and takes shape.

Out-of-the box idea which adds much needed value to the season ticket I know... Would it work???? no idea but something needs to be done to add value to the season ticket - a free t-shirt that was produced for £1.49 and sold on for £44.99 just doesnae do it for me!!!

Saorsa
28-02-2014, 08:50 AM
I find it hard to believe that in today's age clubs in Scottish football are not doing enough for their club supporters.

IMO there should be a flat rate for season tickets, say £500 for adults... This should entitle you to support you team at every home game inc. cup games - with no added cost. Then the adult supporter can use the season ticket to follow and gain entry into every away game at a discount rate of say £10 (except cat A games)... TV money should be shared equally to make up any shortfall.

The season ticket should allow fans to discount travel on public transport only on matchdays (tram, rail and bus) as well.

This would allow fans to attend a lot of games of their choosing and maybe after a few years grounds will start to look filler after the idea develops and takes shape.

Out-of-the box idea which adds much needed value to the season ticket I know... Would it work???? no idea but something needs to be done to add value to the season ticket - a free t-shirt that was produced for £1.49 and sold on for £44.99 just doesnae do it for me!!!500 quid :hilarious just disnae dae it for me.

GreenCastle
28-02-2014, 09:07 AM
They aren't fooling me if they say it's a price freeze without the cup top up (basically a worse deal!).

While the Cup Top is a gamble it helps soften the price (help with any missed games) and is a good incentive to buy early.

Hibs should be rewarding loyalty more.

Saorsa
28-02-2014, 09:10 AM
How does £380 compare to this season?East was 380 quid & 25 quid for the top up if you took the early bird offer.

Westie1875
28-02-2014, 09:14 AM

So works out more expensive than last year then if you usually take the CTU. Hard to justify the cost these days with the number of fixture changes, already missed 3 home games this season.

Is the payment plan interest free?

JustSimplyHibs
28-02-2014, 09:18 AM
500 quid :hilarious just disnae dae it for me.

Become a student or, get your hands on a student card and get it cheaper en :wink:

Saorsa
28-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Become a student or, get your hands on a student card and get it cheaper en :wink:I didnae take a student discount when I was student.

If I buy a season ticket I'll be paying for the one I'm entitled tae, if I decide tae pay on a walk up basis, I'll be paying for the ticket I'm entitled tae, if other people choose tae con the club that's their choice. :aok:

Hiber-nation
28-02-2014, 09:25 AM
On official site but no details, just blurb from TB and a link straight to the ticket purchase section which confirms the prices already quoted.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140228/operation-tbgawa_2262950_3689861

Gettin' Auld
28-02-2014, 09:25 AM
So works out more expensive than last year then if you usually take the CTU. Hard to justify the cost these days with the number of fixture changes, already missed 3 home games this season.

Is the payment plan interest free?

Aye it's still interest free. Details on the club website now......

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140228/the-mission_2262950_3689879

Saorsa
28-02-2014, 09:34 AM
On official site but no details, just blurb from TB and a link straight to the ticket purchase section which confirms the prices already quoted.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140228/operation-tbgawa_2262950_3689861So the early bird consists of the payment plan and a 25 quid discount on the season ticket. Nae half price cup top up so 50 quid for the cup top up, dinnae see many of them getting sold.

Jamesie
28-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Both more expensive than last year for those who usually take the cup top up AND in terms of a decrease (somewhere in the region of £10 - £12 from memory) on the saving on walk-up prices given we will have 1/2 less Cat A games given the Jamboids will be in the Championship. :rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
28-02-2014, 09:40 AM
£380 is no bad considering it was $405 a couple of years back but I won't be getting the CTU as £50 is too much of a risk.

Weststandwanab
28-02-2014, 09:47 AM
I didnae take a student discount when I was student.

If I buy a season ticket I'll be paying for the one I'm entitled tae, if I decide tae pay on a walk up basis, I'll be paying for the ticket I'm entitled tae, if other people choose tae con the club that's their choice. :aok: Well said.

marinello59
28-02-2014, 09:54 AM
A bit disappointing that the cup top up has doubled in price for Early Birds but I guess freezing the price of the actual season ticket was the best that we were going to get. I don't think I can complain about the lack of Category A games devaluing the ST as I wanted to see Sevco and the Yams relegated. it's still a nonsense buy for me due to changed kick off times making it pretty poor value.
I'll be renewing in the next few days. I can't stop myself, I just get too excited when renewal time actually arrives. :greengrin

DarrenSQH
28-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Anyone know how to ditch the cup top up from your online renewal? Tried to renew online but dont wanna keep a cup top up for £50 quid. Seems to be no option to do it.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2014, 09:59 AM
I'll renew as always but disappointed. Crowds have been dyer this year so we freeze prices. But if you take the top up then it's actually and increase.

cabbageandribs1875
28-02-2014, 10:03 AM
anyone else get their 'operation : #TBGAWA leaflet this morning :greengrin

never had a ST and never will i'm afraid

JustSimplyHibs
28-02-2014, 10:08 AM
I'll renew as always but disappointed. Crowds have been dyer this year so we freeze prices. But if you take the top up then it's actually and increase.

Crowds have been dyer for years due to the teapots in the dug-out unable to set and send a team out to win... Please don't blame kick-off times cause our crowds average the same against the same opposition.

Get the product sorted and give us value for money, the crowds will then return regardless of kick off time.

Oscar T Grouch
28-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Ah well, as usual Im gonna have to use .net to get the info I need. Been trying to call the ticket office for the last half hour and keep getting "sorry all our operators are busy, we gonna disconnect you cause we dinnae want your business, now fek off!!", I do paraphrase but this is what I hear.

I have decided to renew, but I want to do it the payment plan way instead of stumping up a wedge before the end of March. I can't see on the fishy page about renewals an form that need filled in to do this and as I haven't paid for it this way before now, I am a bit stuck. Can anyone advise where I would get the form to fill in for the payment plan way. Thanks in advance!!

JustSimplyHibs
28-02-2014, 10:16 AM
I didnae take a student discount when I was student.

If I buy a season ticket I'll be paying for the one I'm entitled tae, if I decide tae pay on a walk up basis, I'll be paying for the ticket I'm entitled tae, if other people choose tae con the club that's their choice. :aok:

The club sets the rules so it is conning itself and no the people conning the club :aok: ...what happens out with the original purchaser/club agreement is between the season ticket purchaser and 3rd party.

Nando™
28-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Can anybody tell me how long existing ST holders get to renew before their seat becomes available to other folk? I'm trying to buy the seat I had last season but it's unavailable just now. Also, is there a way I can reserve this seat so that some wee ninja doesnae come in and gazump me should it be vacated?

Hiber-nation
28-02-2014, 10:20 AM
So the early bird consists of the payment plan and a 25 quid discount on the season ticket. Nae half price cup top up so 50 quid for the cup top up, dinnae see many of them getting sold.

Yep and also now we've got the print at home tickets which saves a lot of hassle with queueing.

marinello59
28-02-2014, 10:20 AM
There appears to be no online option to remove the Cup Top Up if you had it last year. Hopefully that will be sorted in next few days.

DaveF
28-02-2014, 10:21 AM
At £380 I'll be renewing my ST as part of the early bird scheme. No CTU though. £50 is too steep IMO.

marinello59
28-02-2014, 10:22 AM
The club sets the rules so it is conning itself and no the people conning the club :aok: ...what happens out with the original purchaser/club agreement is between the season ticket purchaser and 3rd party.

I would file that one under ''Complete and utter bollox.'' :greengrin

Saorsa
28-02-2014, 10:23 AM
The club sets the rules so it is conning itself and no the people conning the club :aok: ...what happens out with the original purchaser/club agreement is between the season ticket purchaser and 3rd party.Dress it up how you like, if you knowingly enter the ground paying less than you should using loop holes in rules or otherwise you are the one doing the club out of money. :aok:

Hibs90
28-02-2014, 10:44 AM
How about a competitively priced st for us that work shifts for any 12 home games throughout the year

Would work a treat for me but can't see it unfortunately.

DarrenSQH
28-02-2014, 10:46 AM
There appears to be no online option to remove the Cup Top Up if you had it last year. Hopefully that will be sorted in next few days.

Yeah that's what I need as well. Happy to renew today if they take off the CTU.

lord bunberry
28-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Is it free CTU for early bird?

No its £50

CraigHibee
28-02-2014, 10:52 AM
thats me just renewed, went for the cup top up option too :flag:

Steve-O
28-02-2014, 10:53 AM
£50 for a ticket that could be for no games at all! Taking the pesh.

£380 laughable also.

Big crowds and good atmosphere encourages others to attend more often, alas at those prices, that ain't gonna happen.

Pretty Boy
28-02-2014, 10:55 AM
I'll probably renew early doors but without the CTU.

It's not a great deal but the interest free payment plan clinched it for me.

DarrenSQH
28-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Don't bother phoning ticketmaster to renew if you want to take off the CTU from the season ticket. They can only renew what you had the previous year.

Saorsa
28-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Don't bother phoning ticketmaster to renew if you want to take off the CTU from the season ticket. They can only renew what you had the previous year.That's a good system :rolleyes: maybe hoping folk will just stump up.

Pretty Boy
28-02-2014, 11:01 AM
And done.

2 minutes to consign myself to another year of miserable Saturdays, Sundays and the odd midweek night too.

Hiber-nation
28-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Just arrived through my letterbox as well.

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Wow, that is about as unappealing a package as they could possibly have put forward.

An average of £20 per league game when, potentially, all but 1 of those could be priced at £22 for PATG is utterly ridiculous considering the constant kick off time changes etc.

Add to that £50 for a cup top up which would require three home ties to prove its value and it's clear that the club have simply decided to rely on pure blind loyalty as a 'selling point'.

I honestly can't see how anybody without a fair chunk of readily disposable income would be sucked in by this display of complete disregard for fan loyalty over the last 6 seasons of abject failure.

I think we'll struggle to hit 5,500...

DarrenSQH
28-02-2014, 11:20 AM
That's a good system :rolleyes: maybe hoping folk will just stump up.

Phoned 01316611875 and they were great help.

Took of the CTU so I could renew online.

All signed up for next year now

Groathillgrump
28-02-2014, 11:23 AM
I'll renew using the payment plan but no way am I shelling out an extra £50 for a CTU which I might never get the chance to use. I would've taken a gamble on £25 but £50 is taking the piss.

#FromTheCapital
28-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Will buy one at the weekend, have a feeling it's going to be a good season

edinburghhibee
28-02-2014, 11:28 AM
After deciding that I wasn't going to renew my ST next year I was kinda hoping that the club would come out and hit me between the eyes with a deal I couldn't refuse... But no they can't so it'll be PATG for me next year when I can.

Carheenlea
28-02-2014, 11:33 AM
I never took the top-up last year so I am happy with the £380 price freeze. Compared to my golf subs, which are now about £150 dearer, the season ticket represents decent value for those who wish to support the club by way of purchasing a season ticket and help contribute to a reasonable transfer kitty for Terry Butcher.

jeffers
28-02-2014, 11:35 AM
And done.

2 minutes to consign myself to another year of miserable Saturdays, Sundays and the odd midweek night too.

You missed out Monday and Friday too PB !

gogs_t
28-02-2014, 11:39 AM
After deciding that I wasn't going to renew my ST next year I was kinda hoping that the club would come out and hit me between the eyes with a deal I couldn't refuse... But no they can't so it'll be PATG for me next year when I can.

Kind of the same and finding it difficult to justify buying for next season. I hoped there would be some incentives and the CTU increase is the opposite. I know I'll miss at least 3 games a season when I renew and have done for over 20 years now - no matter the product on the park. But the constant late fixture changes are now the decider for me. I arrange social life and work commitments - when I can - around home games but the last batch of rearranged fixtures has left me missing another 2 games. The Motherwell change really sticks in the throat as it wasn't even for TV!

My_Wife_Camille
28-02-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm renewing. Every Hibs game is a Cat A game! GGTTH

easty
28-02-2014, 11:57 AM

You got a season ticket Gogs? You're never at Easter Road!

Mikey
28-02-2014, 11:59 AM
I'll renew. The manager needs the money to buy better players.

I want it to be better so I'll do what I can to help.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Got a question - My wee brother is 18 in September so if he was to renew before then would he qualify as a youth and be able to renew for £170? He is currently a student but he finishes college in June or July I think. (The ST he has now is a student)

marinello59
28-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Got a question - My wee brother is 18 in September so if he was to renew before then would he qualify as a youth and be able to renew for £170? He is currently a student but he finishes college in June or July I think. (The ST he has now is a student)

I think the age at time of renewal applies.

calumhibee1
28-02-2014, 12:08 PM

I'm pretty sure he would be able to do that.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm pretty sure he would be able to do that.

Thanks man:aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 12:10 PM
I think the age at time of renewal applies.

Cheers man:aok:

GreenCastle
28-02-2014, 12:14 PM
The information has come through the post and I am very impressed with the marketing.

I am disappointing with the lack of thought behind pricing.

While the prices are frozen - your getting less for the price plus you could spend 50 quid (at least 2 adult cup games to make it worth it) and see no return!

I know it's probably hard to drop the prices and it's not just Hibs - Scottish Football and what goes with it (food prices etc) are way over priced.

I will renew as I love my seat in the East and do believe TB is the man to take us forward but I am expecting quality next season and if we have another poor season / lack of quality then the board have got serious questions to answer to once again.

As fans we are due something back for our constant support of pish :agree:

Onceinawhile
28-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Considering an early bird for my son and I. Wouldn't take him to every game, but for £2.27 a month it seems like a good deal.

Carheenlea
28-02-2014, 12:35 PM
I wonder if the bottom line is that Hibs don't really want us buying cup top ups, and would prefer us to pay whatever ticket price depending on opposition?

O'Rourke3
28-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Cup top up a definite disincentive. How often have we had 3 or 4 home games - pretty much the max in the LC and SC before the ties go to neutral venues? OK apart from this year....

When can you consider moving seats? I'm not massively unhappy where I am but if there was a chance to get nearer the center line with a decent view I'd want to take it.

Chuck Rhoades
28-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Just renewed online with payment plan, easy process.

Dont agree with the price, but embarrassing the number of people complaining who would never have bought one anyway!

Saorsa
28-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Cup top up a definite disincentive. How often have we had 3 or 4 home games - pretty much the max in the LC and SC before the ties go to neutral venues? OK apart from this year....

When can you consider moving seats? I'm not massively unhappy where I am but if there was a chance to get nearer the center line with a decent view I'd want to take it.Dinnae see a cut off date for renewals, I dinnae think this was very clear last year either. If you're moving tae unoccupied seats I think you can do that now.

Greencore
28-02-2014, 01:01 PM
That's the spirit!!!
:D

Heedersnvolleys
28-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Anyone know morse code?

I presume that is what it is hidden under the Persevere banner.

have to say just like last year a pretty impressive package sent out.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 01:05 PM
There should be a price range/category for people who are unemployed IMO.

Aaron
28-02-2014, 01:06 PM

Agree and also for those who have a long term illness; not just disabled.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Saorsa
28-02-2014, 01:08 PM
There should be a price range/category for people who are unemployed IMO.could give them discounts instead of students :agree:

matty_f
28-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Renewed my ticket and the boy's ticket. Hoping my dad renews as well. Took the cup top up after swithering about it. Hope we get a few games out of it!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 01:13 PM
could give them discounts instead of students :agree:

Good point mate:thumbsup:

Russ
28-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Just renewed online with payment plan, easy process.

Dont agree with the price, but embarrassing the number of people complaining who would never have bought one anyway!

:top marks

Winston Ingram
28-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Renewed :agree:

Winston Ingram
28-02-2014, 01:58 PM
£50 for a ticket that could be for no games at all! Taking the pesh.

£380 laughable also.

Big crowds and good atmosphere encourages others to attend more often, alas at those prices, that ain't gonna happen.

Is it? That's only the cost of 1 home game in each cup. We could potentially have 3 in each. It's a gamble certainly but worth taking IMO

Winston Ingram
28-02-2014, 02:02 PM

You make it sound like it's a permanent condition.

It's quite a difficult one tbh. You could be unemployed for a couple of days and just be lucky enough that the ST's have have come out at the same time

hibby13
28-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Is it? That's only the cost of 1 home game in each cup. We could potentially have 3 in each. It's a gamble certainly but worth taking IMO

No free cup top up!!! That's cr*p! Thought they'd b trying to encourage us??? No price increase but lack of category "a" games. Where the incentive???

Beefster
28-02-2014, 02:07 PM
I'll be renewing regardless but, having just read the stuff, I think that Hibs have scored a massive own goal. It's about as uninspiring a deal as they could have thought up. Absolutely hee-haw to stop everyone who only renewed because of the cup finals pissing off.

winnipeg jets
28-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Just renewed with the cup top up. Less than a tenner a week for an entertaining couple of hours, ye canny beat it.:flag::tbgwa::flag:

Winston Ingram
28-02-2014, 02:08 PM
No free cup top up!!! That's cr*p! Thought they'd b trying to encourage us??? No price increase but lack of category "a" games. Where the incentive???

The incentive is a 15% discount and a freeze on prices

Technofob
28-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I was out with my yamtard acquaintance last night who piped up with 'hear your struggling to shift 5000 seasons!!!' Is this a broke back myth??

I'm renewing for me and the laddie not because as someone said it's entertaining but because it's a 2 hour edge of the seat thrill ride where you don't know what's coming next!!!!!!!! :)

Lucius Apuleius
28-02-2014, 02:23 PM

Agree and also for those who have a long term illness; not just disabled.

could give them discounts instead of students :agree:

:agree: And for those of us who retired early and now have zero income.

jeffers
28-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Just renewed with the cup top up. Less than a tenner a week for an entertaining couple of hours, ye canny beat it.:flag::tbgwa::flag:

This is a Hibs forum, what team have you renewed a season ticket for ?:wink:

GreenCastle
28-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Bottom line if we start doing better on the pitch or bring in some players who are very likely to improve us we will sell the same or more.

Currently I reckon we will drop in ST sales but I would hope it be around the same as fans see TB the man to improve us.

It's actually very important from now till the end of March / the season we improve results to get a feel good factor back which has been lacking.

edinburghhibee
28-02-2014, 02:59 PM
You got a season ticket Gogs? You're never at Easter Road!

Aye mate with Donald Caesar in the east. Used it 4 times this year and 7 times last year get the feeling I'm no getting my £800 worth out it ;) you gonna win on Saturday??? I'm suspended but working anyway so good timing by the league :D

hibee
28-02-2014, 03:55 PM

Why should people pay less depending on whether they work or not, someone working could be on a lower income anyway. If they started that they'd be getting asked for a tier system depending on salaries.

lucky
28-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Just renewed, its very simple to do it online. But declined the cup top this year. £25 last year £50 this not worth the gamble. Some very good kids, student and OAP packages. Interest free payments as well. Whilst the price is still high for the standard of football £20 per is not to bad.

Mikey
28-02-2014, 04:32 PM
I was out with my yamtard acquaintance last night who piped up with 'hear your struggling to shift 5000 seasons!!!' Is this a broke back myth??

Well as they weren't on sale yesterday I'd say he was spot on :tee hee:

flash
28-02-2014, 04:37 PM

Unfashionable as it is on this forum the incentive is to support your team.

HibeeSince85
28-02-2014, 04:45 PM
On my iPhone and just tried to renew but only seems to be showing the new ST page.

Link for renewing anyone?

JollyGreenGiant
28-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Renewed - £25 for my 2 kids to have season tickets :thumbsup:

Although no cup top ups for me this season - think I will take a gamble on that!

davy malcolm
28-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Can't find the payment plan option help needed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My_Wife_Camille
28-02-2014, 05:34 PM

Speaking from experience, you should be fine but be prepared to put up a bit of a fight!

My wee brothers birthday is the very end of November and when I tried to get his under 12's ticket for this season back in March last year they said he wasn't eligible. After a bit of discussion they realised they were wrong and it was all good though.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Speaking from experience, you should be fine but be prepared to put up a bit of a fight!

My wee brothers birthday is the very end of November and when I tried to get his under 12's ticket for this season back in March last year they said he wasn't eligible. After a bit of discussion they realised they were wrong and it was all good though.

Thanks you mate. Similar thing happened with him last year, they wanted to charge hom a full adult price! After a bit of a discussiom as you say, they released they were wrong. Hopefully everything goes smooth next time:greengrin

Aaron
28-02-2014, 09:18 PM
I really can't see us having many renewals or new applications based on tonight and the package that's on offer. Hibs should of been far more creative... Something that we lack on and off the park.

stevejordan
28-02-2014, 09:42 PM
I Was thinking about a season ticket not had one for 3 years now but after watching that tonight i will give it a miss this fare is no better than Paddys team i will pay at gate if things improve next season.

erin go bragh
28-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Well after watching that performance , i feel i better renew asap .cause we need as much funds as possible to replace most of this squad .

Ggtth

stevejordan
28-02-2014, 10:33 PM
out of last 18 points on the table in the league we have taken 4 points worse than Paddy

HH81
01-03-2014, 05:49 AM
Reading the info on the site, one of the points were....

'enjoy watching good football'

I would suggest that is a long way off!!!

weonlywon6-2
01-03-2014, 06:09 AM
[QUOTE=Technofob;3918371]I was out with my yamtard acquaintance last night who piped up with 'hear your struggling to shift 5000 seasons!!!' Is this a broke back myth??

jambos have a chip on their shoulder with size,a good example being the large woman leigh griffiths was waving to last week when he scored his goal

.Sean.
02-03-2014, 05:12 PM
How do you renew online with the payment plan?

SQHib
02-03-2014, 05:25 PM

when it comes up with the payment method which defaults to like mastercard or something click on the box and payment plan appears an option ... takes you onto zebra finance and from there I presume you fill it in...it's not very clear though I agree

Radium
02-03-2014, 06:28 PM

did it through the site, not totally intuitive though. after selecting the payment plan from the payment methods dropdown ans proceeding most of the details are preloaded [you add your bank details again]. code then came through from zebra by text, with a link via e-mail. did the digital signature and now waiting for confirmation in the post.

.Sean.
02-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Found it. See when you click payment plan is the first payment taken straight away? Does that count as the first of the 11 payments? It's vague to say the least, though around the standard you can expect from our ticket office.

whiskyhibby
02-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Renewed mine and the two kicks for kids tickets I have bought for the last couple of years........I think Butcher can really kick us on next year with a few signings, this season is more important to get the youngsters such as Stanton, Handling and Harris ( although he has struggled since coming back) built up for next seasons campaign

Kaiser1962
02-03-2014, 06:46 PM

I'm renewing for me and the laddie not because as someone said it's entertaining but because it's a 2 hour edge of the seat thrill ride where you don't know what's coming next!!!!!!!! :)

Unfortunately these rumours are usually started on here with our annual "I'm not renewing" thread.

At least ours are on sale. Hearts, despite their bravado and bluster, dont even know if they'll exist for the start of the season.

TornadoHibby
02-03-2014, 07:40 PM

I have always taken the CTU in previous seasons including the current one but how often does the club charge the sort of prices you are assuming in your calculation for home cup games? :confused:

My ST papers haven't arrived at home yet so this is the first I'm reading of the proposals!

Steve-O
03-03-2014, 07:05 AM

25 quid per game? If you're drawn at home to Annan Athletic and Berwick Rangers in those games then it's not really worth it is it?

Obviously understand it COULD work out well, but in our current state, probably unlikely. Better putting the 50 quid on a bet!

Steve-O
03-03-2014, 07:09 AM
I've also said for ages they should do away with this Cat A / Cat B pish too, particularly given there is only going to be one solitary team in that category now, and those games are likely to be on TV.

"How do we get more people in given they could watch it on TV for 'free'?"

"Ermmm, charge them extra for tickets?"

"Genius! We'll do it!"

:rolleyes:

Joe Baker II
05-03-2014, 01:38 PM
I've also said for ages they should do away with this Cat A / Cat B pish too, particularly given there is only going to be one solitary team in that category now, and those games are likely to be on TV.

"How do we get more people in given they could watch it on TV for 'free'?"

"Ermmm, charge them extra for tickets?"

"Genius! We'll do it!"

:rolleyes:

Precisely, they charge us more for these games:

1 when they get £100k approx. extra monies for tv coverage and ;

2 in comparison policing costs rise by around £4k for such games (do an FOI request if you do not believe me, club will not provide information and get defencive about increased costs for such games but never specifying them) with in all probability a lesser increase in other stewarding costs given the pay rate for stewards;

3 even when there is an absurd kick off times these games generally get larger crowds than other games (partly but not entirely due to larger away support);

4 TV games generally more attractive for advertising.

And as a result prospect stadium will not be anywhere near full for such games so minimal incentive to buy ST; though I would still consider it if there was pro rata refund for games that subsequently kickoff pre-2pm or Monday nights.

FranckSuzy
05-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Renewed mine and the two kicks for kids tickets I have bought for the last couple of years........I think Butcher can really kick us on next year with a few signings, this season is more important to get the youngsters such as Stanton, Handling and Harris ( although he has struggled since coming back) built up for next seasons campaign

:top marks

Eyrie
05-03-2014, 06:52 PM
1 when they get £100k approx. extra monies for tv coverage

There is no TV money paid to the home side for a league game being televised. There should be, but there isn't.

Westie1875
05-03-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm afraid there will be no renewal for us this time around, the first time in about 8 years I won't have a season ticket. With missing one or two matches inevitably for hols or late fixture changes and the increase on the cup top up it works out better financially to pay per match now.

The Green Goblin
05-03-2014, 08:23 PM
I'm no financial expert and I know that at the moment, it's buying a ST which puts funds into the manager's hands, but what about a loyalty card scheme, like airlines have? The more games you go to, the more points you earn, which can then be used against purchases in the club shop or food on match day, or even other match tickets (in exchange for a much larger number of points). Lots of people saying that walkups make more sense, and this might be something which encourages more walkups but also rewards them. ST holders would automatically get a generous number of points for renewing. That's all I have. It works for airlines and supermarkets, so why not Hibs?

givescotlandfreedom
06-03-2014, 01:49 AM
I'll be renewing with maturehibby but £50 for a cup top up seems a bit steep. Especially given cup games often can be a reduced price.