PDA

View Full Version : NHC Derek Adams v Goodwin

Niffy
23-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Jim Goodtackle at it again ? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26307315

Jack
23-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Adams is right, Goodwin is a cheating thug who gets away with regularly assaulting opponents.

Stantons Angel
23-02-2014, 08:27 AM
[/I]
i have to agree about Goodwin, he gets away with blatant fouls and stirs up the opposition forwards till they react and get sent off!

He is not the worst, but the word "THUG" and footballer dont really go together, do they!

truehibernian
23-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Adams is right, Goodwin is a cheating thug who gets away with regularly assaulting opponents.

The man in the picture next to him did worse than Goodwin in his career and was lauded for it as it was always reported he was 'tough tackling' and 'no nonsense' (Neale Cooper) - Cooper however was also a very accomplished footballer.

Goodwin is hard, he's also the 'panto villain' of football. Derek Adams is an unsporting whinge and needs to grow a pair. Not many refs like him (Adams) that could be the problem too.

sauzee=legend
23-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Goodwin is the player you love to hate when he is against you.
But if he was in your team you would love him for all the dirty work he does.

We had a similar play once for breaking up play and getting into players faces = Matty Jack.

But your right - he is a thug!!

Weststandwanab
23-02-2014, 09:29 AM

We had a similar play once for breaking up play and getting into players faces = Matty Jack.

But your right - he is a thug!! I would prefer if Goodthug never played for Hibernian.

hibbysam
23-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Comparing Goodwin to Matty jack is horrendous IMO!

Goodwin has zero footballing ability, and is only there to noise the opposition up, get booked and get subbed before he gets sent off!

EastCalderHibby
23-02-2014, 10:50 AM

Not even close Matty Jack was a no nonsence tough tackler yes BUT nowhere near as dirty /dangerous as that thug

Judas Iscariot
23-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Would have took him in our side a few years back and probably still would..

Better than some of the absolute pussies we've had in the middle of the park for us

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Adams is a mollycoddled whinger who should be conscripted to Afghanistan then have his backpack stuffed full of housebricks and be forced to do a hundred push ups in front of an Al Qaeda firing squad under instruction to cut loose on the AK 47 's at the slightest hint of slacking.

How dare he criticise a REAL MAN like Goodwin!

Jones28
23-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Funnily enough there were plenty on here clamouring for us to sign him and going spare when we didn't!

FWIW I can't stand him, limited footballing ability and will definitely end someone's career with his tackling. Cracking strike on him though.

Saorsa
23-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Funnily enough there were plenty on here clamouring for us to sign him and going spare when we didn't!

FWIW I can't stand him, limited footballing ability and will definitely end someone's career with his tackling. Cracking strike on him though.Personally I thought we had a lucky escape when he decided tae stay where he was.

Ronniekirk
23-02-2014, 11:38 AM

FWIW I can't stand him, limited footballing ability and will definitely end someone's career with his tackling. Cracking strike on him though.

Agree and it's one of the reasons saints have slumped to Second bottom

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-02-2014, 01:00 PM
But after we beat Ross County, there was general agreement that Adams was a graceless fanny? We can't turnabout and agree with him now surely? At least not,and retain any credibility?:hmmm:

Saorsa
23-02-2014, 01:07 PM
But after we beat Ross County, there was general agreement that Adams was a graceless fanny? We can't turnabout and agree with him now surely? At least not,and retain any credibility?:hmmm:Being a graceless fanny and sometimes being correct on other occasions aren't mutually exclusive surely?

Being unable tae admit defeat by a team that played better is being a graceless fanny, pointing out the Goodwin is a thug is a fact (and they didnae lose that game) that's been pointed out by many others.

I think Adams is an erse, I'd think goodwin was a thug whether adams said it or not, in what way does that damage credibility?

Del Boy
23-02-2014, 01:10 PM

He's already ended Scott severin's career. Goes out to hurt opponents every time he plays. Absolute thug and an embarrassment to St Mirren.

Gus Fring
23-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Derek Adams finds something to greet about after every game Ross County play in. Goodwin is a robust player (the politest way to put it) but Adams just sounds like a wee whingebag.

He might as well have said: "I dinny like that man, he was mean to my players. Hims a big bully and I'm going to tell on him if he doesnt start being nice to us"

Whinging about the way Jim Goodwin plays football is like complaining about the big kid taking hard shots at point blank range. I'm surprised Derek doesn't shout "Nae blasters" from the dugout.

Derek Adams needs to shut his moaning wee face and start praising his own players instead of slagging off the rest of the league.

truehibernian
23-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Derek Adams finds something to greet about after every game Ross County play in. Goodwin is a robust player (the politest way to put it) but Adams just sounds like a wee whingebag.

He might as well have said: "I dinny like that man, he was mean to my players. Hims a big bully and I'm going to tell on him if he doesnt start being nice to us"

Whinging about the way Jim Goodwin plays football is like complaining about the big kid taking hard shots at point blank range. I'm surprised Derek doesn't shout "Nae blasters" from the dugout.

Derek Adams needs to shut his moaning wee face and start praising his own players instead of slagging off the rest of the league.

An ex ref told me last season that Adams whilst at Hibs had one of the worst attitudes towards officials he's ever encountered in the SPL. And that ref was/is a thoroughly decent and mild mannered individual.

Paperboy
23-02-2014, 01:49 PM
I noticed an article in the paper today about the County chairman in which he says Adams could have gone to two SPL clubs last year where he would have made more money and had a higher profile. Aberdeen would have been one, was Hibs the other?

Gus Fring
23-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I noticed an article in the paper today about the County chairman in which he says Adams could have gone to two SPL clubs last year where he would have made more money and had a higher profile. Aberdeen would have been one, was Hibs the other?

Killie I think. All signs point to Butcher being our first choice.

He went running back to county when he was the assistant here, would we really have taken that risk again with him in the Managers job?

Seveno
23-02-2014, 06:07 PM

I agree with everything you say about that horrible little man, Adams. But Goodwin would get banned from Cage Fighting.

johnrebus
23-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Thon Hutchison felly at Motherwell is another one who will end someones career soon.

Dirty

Stevie Reid
23-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Goodwin won't last much longer in Scottish football, and I have not an ounce of sympathy for him.

Adams is a tit, incidentally.

cleanyman
23-02-2014, 06:22 PM
I've met Derek Adams and I've met Jim Goodwin.

One is a gentleman, the other is a ****er.

You decide.

Jonnyboy
23-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Cannae be ersed wi' that moanin faced tw4t Adams but the first Goodwin challenge is a red card all day long

Gus Fring
23-02-2014, 06:24 PM
I agree with everything you say about that horrible little man, Adams. But Goodwin would get banned from Cage Fighting.

Oh yes, there can be no denying Goodwin is a tool. But Adams doesn't actually say anything about him. He just mentions the "TV Coverage will speak for itself". He's clearly never watched Sportscene.

Mikey09
23-02-2014, 06:26 PM
The man in the picture next to him did worse than Goodwin in his career and was lauded for it as it was always reported he was 'tough tackling' and 'no nonsense' (Neale Cooper) - Cooper however was also a very accomplished footballer.

Goodwin is hard, he's also the 'panto villain' of football. Derek Adams is an unsporting whinge and needs to grow a pair. Not many refs like him (Adams) that could be the problem too.

Sorry man... I don't agree Goodwin is a hard player. Hard players can look after themselves and usually there team mates. What they rarely do is resort to cowardly, deliberate dangerous play which can result in serious injury to a fellow pro. There is being hard, and being a liability. Goodwin falls into the latter in my opinion. :thumbsup:

WWFTWTG
23-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Thon Hutchison felly at Motherwell is another one who will end someones career soon.

Dirty
Agree - believe he is going south in the summer.

weonlywon6-2
23-02-2014, 06:49 PM
I've met Derek Adams and I've met Jim Goodwin.

One is a gentleman, the other is a ****er.

You decide.

jim goodwin is the good guy

Broken Gnome
23-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Sorry man... I don't agree Goodwin is a hard player. Hard players can look after themselves and usually there team mates. What they rarely do is resort to cowardly, deliberate dangerous play which can result in serious injury to a fellow pro. There is being hard, and being a liability. Goodwin falls into the latter in my opinion. :thumbsup:

:agree: Proper fair and respectable man wouldn't resort to the snidey hand offs and elbows. He does it every week as well.

Even the Sportsound crew were saying Adams was a 90-minute tool, mind you.

The Voice Of Reason
23-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Derek Adams would cause trouble in an empty house.

He was moaning about Alan Johnston's celebration when Killie scored not so long ago FFS

Don't think there are many people in Scottish football who like him very much!

He's an ugly wee runt to boot!

JimBHibees
23-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Quite how Goodwin avoided a yellow never mind a red in that game was incredible. Collum missing another massive decision right in front of him. How many game changing decisions does he get to miss before any sort of reprimand or downgrading?

GraniteCityHibs
23-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Not sure if it was Derek Ferguson or Biscuits Preston covering that game yesterday but whoever it was called Adams a 'fruitcake'.

Mikey09
23-02-2014, 08:26 PM
:agree: Proper fair and respectable man wouldn't resort to the snidey hand offs and elbows. He does it every week as well.

Even the Sportsound crew were saying Adams was a 90-minute tool, mind you.

Yep.... Your bang on about Adams as well. Although I can put up with moaning pricks as you can laugh at it. Goodwin however??? Believe me... He will seriously injure a player one day soon.

IWasThere2016
23-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Adams is a very odd individual.

Goodwin is a genuine love to hate figure

Nomeancity
23-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Derek Adams doesn't like Goodwin. So in my simple head that must mean Goodwin is a good guy. In scottish football just now there is nonone I despise more than Adams, he is a childish, bitter, amateur twat.

matty_f
23-02-2014, 11:51 PM
2 red card offences from Goodwin in that game. He gets away with murder in matches.

Boyle89
24-02-2014, 02:55 AM
Jesus that's a horrendous 'challenge'. The archetypal hatchet man. Glad we never signed him as we would constantly be playing with 10.

Future17
24-02-2014, 10:01 AM
2 red card offences from Goodwin in that game. He gets away with murder in matches.

Two?!? :confused:

The one in the first half is a red card and is proper cowardly. The one in the second half was barely a foul IMHO; in fact, it's what he should have done for the first one by putting his head in where it hurts. No question in my mind he was going for the ball though.

Adams is a moron and he should be absolutely delighted that Goodwin played. Definitely key to Ross County taking three points.

Mikey09
24-02-2014, 10:46 AM
My football career was finished after some so called hard man smashed my jaw to bits with a deliberate flying elbow. I cringe every time I see someone like Goodwin catching players in this way. It's cowardly. He ain't a hard man.... Said it in my previous post. Would love to hear his managers comments if a player did that to one of his lads. Lennon is just as culpable if you ask me....

Brightside
24-02-2014, 11:57 AM

Piss poor player from a style of game that shouldnt exist anymore.

Hibercelona
24-02-2014, 11:59 AM
You would think that with his reputation, he would actually be more of a target for referees.

Instead, he's completely immune to red cards. He just can't get sent off, no matter what he does.

Does he even pick up any suspensions after his antics have been viewed on the highlights?

Iggy Pope
24-02-2014, 12:02 PM
He's already ended Scott severin's career. Goes out to hurt opponents every time he plays. Absolute thug and an embarrassment to St Mirren.

Anyone else struggling to see the problem here?

O'Rourke3
24-02-2014, 12:18 PM
2 reds there. Since he's never getting above the RC player he's never going to win a header. Putting the heid on him to appear brave and legitimate? Compliance officer should be reviewing both challenges. One for the Rule Yodas out there. If Mr Lunny considers both offences worthy of bans, does he double up on the second one on the basis he shouldn't have even been on the park?

Mikey09
24-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Anyone else struggling to see the problem here?

Sorry... You'll have to elaborate on that comment. If you're insinuating wot I think you are then you're out of order. :confused:

Jack
24-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Sorry... You'll have to elaborate on that comment. If you're insinuating wot I think you are then you're out of order. :confused:

I took it to be St Midden being embarrassed. Not!

hibbysam
24-02-2014, 10:13 PM
I took it to be St Midden being embarrassed. Not!

I took it that he was suggesting it was fine due to which player it was that's career was ended... Could be well wrong but that's the way I saw it!

On the two incidents the first one is cowardly and worthy of a three game ban, the second is reckless as he is never winning the ball, the first one the ball was there to be won but not using an elbow, the second was a silly silly challenge and could have done just as much damage as the first!

Mikey09
25-02-2014, 11:19 AM
I took it that he was suggesting it was fine due to which player it was that's career was ended... Could be well wrong but that's the way I saw it!

On the two incidents the first one is cowardly and worthy of a three game ban, the second is reckless as he is never winning the ball, the first one the ball was there to be won but not using an elbow, the second was a silly silly challenge and could have done just as much damage as the first!

Thats wot I thought. Maybe wrong though so an explanation wouldn't go amiss HH..... :aok:

Iggy Pope
25-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Folks. You have your opinions. I have mine on Scott Severin.

Mikey09
25-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Folks. You have your opinions. I have mine on Scott Severin.

Not gonna fall out with anyone on here HH but it's a bit much havin a wee chuckle at any player having to hang there boots up because of injury..... No matter who they played for. Just comes across a bit childish pal. Just my opinion tho.... :thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
25-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Not gonna fall out with anyone on here HH but it's a bit much havin a wee chuckle at any player having to hang there boots up because of injury..... No matter who they played for. Just comes across a bit childish pal. Just my opinion tho.... :thumbsup:

All things Hearts are fair game pal....just my opinion. Say what you like, I can't stand the fellah. The moral high ground is yours if you want it. Much worse gets said about various of the Yam species on here.

Mikey09
25-02-2014, 04:06 PM
All things Hearts are fair game pal....just my opinion. Say what you like, I can't stand the fellah. The moral high ground is yours if you want it. Much worse gets said about various of the Yam species on here.

Ok Hh... As I said I wouldn't fall out wi anyone as everyone is entitled to there opinion. So we will just agree to disagree on this particular one. Not taking the moral high ground pal, just saying wot I feel, as are you...... :thumbsup: