PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Fixture Amendments Announced

RSS Bot
21-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Motherwell home game now on 8/3

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140221/fixture-amendments-announced_2262950_3680525)

Alex Trager
21-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Bull**** derby tine

SteveHFC
21-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Aberdeen at home on a Monday night :rolleyes:

Hibby70
21-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Made other plans for 8 March. Scottish football where fans come last.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2014, 05:19 PM

In fairness I think moving it to a Saturday 3pm when the chance arose is what the majority of people would want.

Moving games to a Monday night is worse.

Saorsa
Aberdeen at home on a Monday night :rolleyes:I saw the 'well game moved from a wed tae a saturday 3pm KO. and was about tae say something good until I noticed another game was moved from a saturday 3pm KO tae a monday.

Fridays, mondays, tuesdays, wednesdays, sundays. Good luck with the season tickets for that next season (with nae cup final bribe).

Elephant Stone
Might be wrong but it looks like that gives us 4 away games in a row.

Mikey
21-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Bull**** derby tine

It actually slightly increases the chance of us putting them down. Unless Partick or Ross County play on the following Monday night that is!

Stewboy
21-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Baws. Just bought tickets for the Scotland France egg chasing once we got knocked out the cup.

Kojock
21-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Fixture changes
M/Well (h) sat 8th Mar 3pm
ICT (a) wed 12th Mar 7.45
Hearts (a) sun 30th Mar 12.45
Dons (h) mon 7th April 7.45

marinello59
21-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Remember when our club told us last season something should be done about constantly shifting kick off times? More bull**** I guess. I just can't justify our three anymore, I don't mind missing 2 or 3 games a season but this is getting silly now.

Audio Visual
21-02-2014, 05:29 PM

Spot on. I'll now miss the Motherwell game due to a holiday and the Aberdeen game in all likelihood because it's the Wife's birthday. Already missed a couple of games on my Season ticket for one reason or another. Only having the cup top up makes it worthwhile buying in the first place and the Hearts and Raith games kind of negate any value there!

Rocky
21-02-2014, 05:30 PM
I booked the In Your Heroes Footsteps thing for the Dons game. That's no use on a Monday night. Sure that game was supposed to be Ladies Day too. Not to mention missing out on a healthy away crowd.

Absolute disgrace.

Kojock
21-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Might be wrong but it looks like that gives us 4 away games in a row.

It does, ICT, Partick, St Johnstone and Hertz

gogs_t
21-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Getting hacked off with this. Arranged a weekend away on 8th March as we had no game. While the preference in general is games on a Saturday with a 3pm KO, why change fixture dates a couple of weeks before a game when there's no requirement to do so? Seriously questioning the worth of a ST next season.

:grr:

LancashireHibby
21-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Had already booked trains and hotel for the Motherwell game based on it being the Wednesday. Not happy at all.

Hibby70
21-02-2014, 06:07 PM
In fairness I think moving it to a Saturday 3pm when the chance arose is what the majority of people would want.

Moving games to a Monday night is worse.

It's the short notice that's the problem.

Hibby70
21-02-2014, 06:08 PM
There should be a rule that games can't be changed within 4 weeks .

Gmack7
21-02-2014, 06:17 PM
we booked and paid 16 for the hospitality v aberdeen YESTERDAY,ill be trying to get that cancelled no way are we going on a monday ****ing night

Mikey
21-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Remember when our club told us last season something should be done about constantly shifting kick off times? More bull**** I guess. I just can't justify our three anymore, I don't mind missing 2 or 3 games a season but this is getting silly now.

And you can be sure that 3 or 4 of the post split games will be shifted too.

Sean1875
21-02-2014, 06:43 PM
argh, I hate Sunday lunchtime Derbys. should have seen it coming though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
21-02-2014, 06:54 PM
From a purely selfish perspective, this is excellent news.

I'm not sure if I could make the previous date but I'm off on the 8th March so I can make the Motherwell game and I have a holiday in for the 30th March so I can make the derby as well, whereas I may not be off on the 29th March! :thumbsup:

I'll need to check and see what my shift is for the 7th April but hopeful I can maybe get an early shift so I can make that too.

Bishop Hibee
21-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Monday night games are a pain for me as I work until the back of 8. Hope I can get someone to swap shifts.

Add in the post-split fixture lottery and it makes trying to get to games problematic. Most leisure pursuits try to attract paying punters, not drive them away.

craigmounthibby
21-02-2014, 06:56 PM
There should be a rule that games can't be changed within 4 weeks .
Make that 2 months. Total, utter farce.

Crab apple
21-02-2014, 06:58 PM
It's the short notice that's the problem.

Spot on. I've arranged a trip to Manchester for that weekend.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Does anyone know if the Inverness away game is subject to change, if they draw their Scottish cup tie?

hibee_girl
21-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know if the Inverness away game is subject to change, if they draw their Scottish cup tie?

Wouldn't have thought so, cup replays are normally 9 - 10 days after the first game.

Geo_1875
21-02-2014, 07:06 PM
They're advertising the Aberdeen game as Ladies Day. Changed again same as last year at short notice. PR ****up.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2014, 07:12 PM
They're advertising the Aberdeen game as Ladies Day. Changed again same as last year at short notice. PR ****up.

It's fairly obvious that Hibs weren't aware of this though

It'll have to be a "Ladies night"

DaveF
21-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Will struggle and probably miss the Monday night game. ******' rubbish.

Feel really sorry for the fans who live many miles away and make the commitment to buy ST or plan travel to specific games. Clearly, they have more dedication to scottish football than those who run the game.

Geo_1875
21-02-2014, 07:24 PM
It's fairly obvious that Hibs weren't aware of this though

It'll have to be a "Ladies night"

Hibs chose this game for Ladies Day early in the season. They did the same last year. They really should make a stand and tell the rest of the SPFL that this one game will not be changed.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm confused as to how we can kick off at 3PM when there's rugby on.

A couple of weeks ago that wasn't possible. What's changed?

Billy Whizz
21-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Hibs chose this game for Ladies Day early in the season. They did the same last year. They really should make a stand and tell the rest of the SPFL that this one game will not be changed.

They should, but they don't make the rules

Iggy Pope
21-02-2014, 07:26 PM
we booked and paid 16 for the hospitality v aberdeen YESTERDAY,ill be trying to get that cancelled no way are we going on a monday ****ing night

Kick up all sorts of **** about this friend. Tonights EEN full of Ladies Day garbage for April 5th.

The same happened last time with this same event and it ended up (I think) with St Johnstone on a Monday night.

Swindle.

davhibby
21-02-2014, 07:27 PM
In hindsight moving the Motherwell game is a good decision as most would prefer the Saturday ko, but I don't see why they needed to leave it so late? Why couldn't they have changed it the week after the Raith game

Makaveli
21-02-2014, 07:35 PM
The TV deal simply isn't worth it IMO.

We can't compete with English teams anyway so we (as in SPFL) should just say f*** it next time and have all six games at 3pm on a Saturday when people who have paid £400 for the privilege can actually attend them. Get the highlights on the Saturday night while you're at it.

Also on the ladies day point Hibs should make a massive fuss purely out of principle.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Going to hit Hibs financially with the Aberdeen game getting moved. They would have brought a large support on the Saturday

oconnors_strip
21-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Going to hit Hibs financially with the Aberdeen game getting moved. They would have brought a large support on the Saturday

Not just that, many hibs fans were booking ladies day and follow in your hero footsteps. The club not thinking about the fans with all of these fixture changes, yes I know it's the TV companies to blame for most but many people had booked things for the free Saturday after we got knocked out of the cup.

Saorsa
21-02-2014, 07:47 PM

We can't compete with English teams anyway so we (as in SPFL) should just say f*** it next time and have all six games at 3pm on a Saturday when people who have paid £400 for the privilege can actually attend them. Get the highlights on the Saturday night while you're at it.

Also on the ladies day point Hibs should make a massive fuss purely out of principle.Correct, it's getting tae that point for me, fitba can either have the money of the people that go or they can have their TV deals and start losing the ticket money. It's time fans stopped getting ****ed around at ridiculously short notice and losing money on travel/accommodation or other arrangements they have made. It's also time for the people who run fitba tae get their heids round the fact that some people dae other things on other nights that aren't Saturday and dinnae involve fitba.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Not just that, many hibs fans were booking ladies day and follow in your hero footsteps. The club not thinking about the fans with all of these fixture changes, yes I know it's the TV companies to blame for most but many people had booked things for the free Saturday after we got knocked out of the cup.
Hibs/Motherwell must have requested this fixture change

oconnors_strip
21-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Hibs/Motherwell must have requested this fixture change

From reading the press release from Spfl they did. Not thinking about the fans who have booked time off, travel etc for the 26th march.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2014, 08:06 PM
From reading the press release from Spfl they did. Not thinking about the fans who have booked time off, travel etc for the 26th march.

I agree

ozzie
21-02-2014, 08:11 PM
To be honest I bet there were a few people especially fans who need to travel to er that were cursing the fact we had a mid week game v motherwell. Only thing being that They maybe could have announced it a little earlier. Not sure a week would have made a difference though.

Carheenlea
21-02-2014, 08:14 PM
The fans who attend the games contribute considerably more money to our clubs than the TV companies and their subscribers, but bizarrely the priority is given the armchair fan. It`s about time our clubs stood up for those who support their teams. If the TV companies don`t dramatically raise their financial offer to televise our game when contracts run out, I hope they get told to forget it rather than accept a pittance to have supporters messed about on a regular basis.

BroxburnHibee
21-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Becoming more and more obvious that the fans are the lowest priority.

Yet they'll be given all the emotional blackmail soon enough when ST renewals start

Cameron1875
21-02-2014, 08:34 PM
So pretty much Hibs would rather take the 80k a TV game gets us at the cost of screwing over fans who have bought Ladies Day, Follow in Footsteps, and other hospitality packages.

Also it probably cuts about 1k off the aberdeen support. Madness!:grr:

Baldy Foghorn
21-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Now 4 away games on the spin, ouch, expensive business this:rolleyes:

As an aside we will have played the Merrick's on 3 consecutive Mother's Days.....My Mum has to suffer as i don't talk to her on Derby Day:greengrin

silverhibee
21-02-2014, 08:39 PM

Yet they'll be given all the emotional blackmail soon enough when ST renewals start

:top marks

Saorsa
21-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Saturday: Fitba 3pm :agree:

Sunday: bacon rolls and Scotsport with Arthur Montford :greengrin

:agree:

Hibs7
21-02-2014, 08:48 PM
This is not going to end here .. My son and grandson have booked flights for the Aberdeen game on the Saturday as part of the "follow in your stars footsteps" no way are they going to lose money because the stupid ignorant SPFL change game fixtures at the last minute .. I am ***** raging !! Idiots beyond belief !!

Billy Whizz
21-02-2014, 08:53 PM
So pretty much Hibs would rather take the 80k a TV game gets us at the cost of screwing over fans who have bought Ladies Day, Follow in Footsteps, and other hospitality packages.

You can't really blame Hibs in isolation on this. Football in general has sold its soul to TV.

ekhibee
21-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Will struggle and probably miss the Monday night game. ******' rubbish.

Feel really sorry for the fans who live many miles away and make the commitment to buy ST or plan travel to specific games. Clearly, they have more dedication to scottish football than those who run the game.
Yep, I fall into that category. I've come to the conclusion that I won't be able to renew because I just started a new job as a postie and we work on a Saturday. As I live in the west I just won't be able to make it through in time for most games. My last game this season might be the DU game on the Friday night cos I managed to get the following Saturday off.

matty_f
21-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Monday night game is a nightmare for me. Glad they shifted one to a Saturday but overall it's getting beyond a joke how much a shafting the fans that actually go to games are taking from the tv deal.

Makaveli
21-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Harsh to blame Hibs IMO.

It's not like BT will have phoned Petrie to ask if he'd mind the game being shifted to Monday night. We also don't get extra money for leagues game being televised. In fact, this will cost us a lot of money.

Everyone involved has a right to be angry -- primarily those who have bought packages and booked travel, but also Hibs who will lose a fortune in away ticket sales and possibly refunded packages. Hibs sold these deals expecting the game involved to be played as scheduled and have also lost money on advertising a date that has now changed.

Fans aren't the afterthought here; the whole of Scottish football is an afterthought to the TV companies. Fans don't even come into it.

Glory Lurker
21-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Total scunneration. Younger readers might not believe this, but there was a time when football was the fans' game.

It's got to the point now where it's an insult to the intelligence that they publish a fixture list at the start of the season with any of the games listed for 3 p.m. on a Saturday.

PatHead
21-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Hibs don't get any money for a tv game so the "80k Hibs are taking" doesn't exist. All clubs should be allowed to have certain dates that can't be changed say 2 games a season. If Celtic can cancel games for friendlies.....

ozzie
21-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Yep, I fall into that category. I've come to the conclusion that I won't be able to renew because I just started a new job as a postie and we work on a Saturday. As I live in the west I just won't be able to make it through in time for most games. My last game this season might be the DU game on the Friday night cos I managed to get the following Saturday off.
will you not get to the rearranged mwell home game on sat the 8th then if you managed to get that Saturday off?

Mr White
21-02-2014, 09:18 PM
I'm confused as to how we can kick off at 3PM when there's rugby on.

A couple of weeks ago that wasn't possible. What's changed?

Yeah that seems a strange one. Only reason I can think of is that the England game was seen as a higher security risk than the french one?

Iggy Pope
21-02-2014, 09:29 PM

Total scunneration. Younger readers might not believe this, but there was a time when football was the fans' game.

It's got to the point now where it's an insult to the intelligence that they publish a fixture list at the start of the season with any of the games listed for 3 p.m. on a Saturday.

Much as I agree about the buggeration, if you work on a Saturday, buying a Season Ticket could only be a gift to the club. Not much use to you as a pastime though. 7 out of the past 9 home games have been 3pm Saturday, the vast majority of home games have. I don't think we can complain too much on that score.

Edit: 11 out of 14 league games 3pm Saturday at ER to date.

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2014, 09:35 PM

Also on the ladies day point Hibs should make a massive fuss purely out of principle.

all of this, they can ram their monday night football

GreenCastle
21-02-2014, 10:05 PM
This seems like another sell out to TV Companies.

What I don't think makes sense for fans -

1 - Aberdeen fans coming to us on a Wednesday night.
2- Hibs fans travelling to Inverness midweek - (we have already had a Friday game v Aberdeen)
3 - Changing ko 2 weeks before when it could have been done sooner.

The derby was always possible to change but the game continues to struggle in Scotland for fans as it is but people are becoming more and more pissed off losing money in several different ways.

You want the ST to be value for money - it hardly is for the quality on the pitch but to not be able to attend several games for some just isn't right.

ontario hibby
21-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Booked flights home to include a home game two months ago and this s---- happens flying back on Monday morning didn't expect that game to be changed because it's the last game before the split :confused:

flash
21-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Will miss the Motherwell game now as I booked a wee trip for my wife and I when we got emptied by Raith.

Thanks Hibs.

down-the-slope
21-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Another game missed - Away in Munich when Well game now moved to... No Idea about Dons game till I check...

Just had last instalment of ST scheme come out the account for this season.....getting harder to justify with less and less return each season..

I know game changes are hardly new but that does not justify it and with current climate there needs to be more reason to commit not less

B.H.F.C
21-02-2014, 11:17 PM

Is the 80k thing not only effective when it's cup ties? Pretty sure the league deal is a set amount.

Cant blame Hibs. They play when told. Would the announce ladies day in the morning if they knew it was going to get changed? I don't think so.

gogs_t
22-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Another game missed - Away in Munich when Well game now moved to... No Idea about Dons game till I check...

Just had last instalment of ST scheme come out the account for this season.....getting harder to justify with less and less return each season..

I know game changes are hardly new but that does not justify it and with current climate there needs to be more reason to commit not less

Pretty much the same. I always miss 2 or 3 games a season which I know when buying my ST but arrange weekends away, working commitments (when possible) etc around home fixtures. Now the Dundee Utd game has been moved to a Friday - struggling to get to this as I committed to something else. Can't make the Motherwell game as I organised a weekend away as we didn't have a game, and I agreed to take a training course the week the Aberdeen game has been moved to!! The Motherwell game is the one that annoys me most as this wasn't even moved for TV. I really feel the season ticket holders are getting mucked about big style as they already have our money. Had a ST for over 20 years now but really difficult to justify it for next season and it's nothing to do with the product on the park.

:furious:

HH81
22-02-2014, 07:11 AM

Its a tough one for me. I get up to around 5 to 10 games season but if i am not going and its gets moved, i get to sit there with my bits tea and a brew and catch game.

I fully get that people have been shafted though. Train for me later to the game. Cougars!!!!!!

oramhibee
22-02-2014, 11:22 AM
The derby has been moved to be shown on TV so that means everyone can watch the **** go down!!

ekhibee
22-02-2014, 03:04 PM
will you not get to the rearranged mwell home game on sat the 8th then if you managed to get that Saturday off?
Unlikely unfortunately, I only get every 6th Saturday off. We only get told what day we're getting off the Friday before :boo hoo:

.Sean.
22-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Load of *****. Like many others I'd made other plans the weekend the Well game will take place. Also I'll struggle to make the Aberdeen game now due to work. Again, the fans aren't taken into consideration.

They can ram the season ticket package up their arse next season.

GreenCastle
22-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Hibs website still showing Motherwell game as Wednesday! :rolleyes:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures

Hopefully no one else books transport etc for that day...

Don Giovanni
22-02-2014, 05:56 PM
FFS. At this rate I'll not make another home game this season.

I've made the commitment to buy a season ticket every season for about 20 years. I do so in the knowledge that it is not "value for money" as I will miss 2 or 3 home fixtures for various reasons (work, travel, social etc.).

However, this season is the worst I can remember for missing games (& I thought last season was terrible). I reckon I'll make just over half of home fixtures by seasons end - in large part due to re-arranged fixtures.

Hibs won't care about me as my monies paid up front but there's likely to be a large drop off in season tickets for next year and the club will need to work really hard to entice fans to Easter Road for Monday, Wednesday or Friday league games - there is absolutely no need for them.

Pete
22-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Another boring, flat Sunday lunchtime atmosphere at the derby. I'm getting sick of it.

I think we should make Scottish football a Friday night sport.

emerald green
22-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Harsh to blame Hibs IMO.

It's not like BT will have phoned Petrie to ask if he'd mind the game being shifted to Monday night. We also don't get extra money for leagues game being televised. In fact, this will cost us a lot of money.

Everyone involved has a right to be angry -- primarily those who have bought packages and booked travel, but also Hibs who will lose a fortune in away ticket sales and possibly refunded packages. Hibs sold these deals expecting the game involved to be played as scheduled and have also lost money on advertising a date that has now changed.

Fans aren't the afterthought here; the whole of Scottish football is an afterthought to the TV companies. Fans don't even come into it.

Agree with this. Football fans have been taken for granted for as long as I can remember. Nothing changes, and I'm not sure that it ever will unless fans organise en masse to really make their voices heard to protest about this sort of stuff.

Hibby K
22-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Scottish football attendances are falling dramatically as a result of tv coverage and it's getting to the embarrassing stage seeing a three-quarters empty stadium most weeks on tv - what kind of image does this provide for the tv station's viewers? Very soon, due to obvious lack of interest they'll pull the plug on tv coverage, clubs will have no income from tv and less income from attendances as the fans who have drifted away, because they weren't considered important enough to be consulted about whether it suited them best to have a game on a Monday night instead of a Saturday afternoon, will have found better things to do with their time.
Get football back on Saturday afternoons, where everyone knows when the game is and tell Sky and BT Sport where to stick their involvement with Scottish football.
I have had a season ticket for 16 years now but will not be renewing next season unless a return to Saturday afternoon football returns on a greater scale - only football clubs can ask you for money up front for a product, give you a 'provisional' list of dates you might receive it and then tell you 'hard luck' when the date's not suitable as they're going to deliver the product anyway because someone has given them a better offer for it!

Carheenlea
22-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Another boring, flat Sunday lunchtime atmosphere at the derby. I'm getting sick of it.

I think we should make Scottish football a Friday night sport.

I`ve never thought of the atmosphere for Sunday lunchtimes at Tynecastle derby`s to be anything like flat, an early morning build up in the Murrayfield and elsewhere usually ensures a boisterous travelling support.

Crab apple
22-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Pretty much the same. I always miss 2 or 3 games a season which I know when buying my ST but arrange weekends away, working commitments (when possible) etc around home fixtures. Now the Dundee Utd game has been moved to a Friday - struggling to get to this as I committed to something else. Can't make the Motherwell game as I organised a weekend away as we didn't have a game, and I agreed to take a training course the week the Aberdeen game has been moved to!! The Motherwell game is the one that annoys me most as this wasn't even moved for TV. I really feel the season ticket holders are getting mucked about big style as they already have our money. Had a ST for over 20 years now but really difficult to justify it for next season and it's nothing to do with the product on the park.

:furious:

Totally agree about the Motherwell game. I had booked a trip to Manchester and will now miss this. There might well be more walk ups but I know of at least 6 other ST holders who won't be going because of alternative plans. Why the short notice Hibs.

Pete
22-02-2014, 07:44 PM
I`ve never thought of the atmosphere for Sunday lunchtimes at Tynecastle derby`s to be anything like flat, an early morning build up in the Murrayfield and elsewhere usually ensures a boisterous travelling support.

I think they're a lot flatter than an afternoon or an evening game. You're right that we do try and make the best of it though. The home end always looks like it's still asleep wherever it's played.

It's definitely the worst possible time in my opinion.

Billy Whizz
22-02-2014, 07:47 PM
I think they're a lot flatter than an afternoon or an evening game. You're right that we do try and make the best of it though. The home end always looks like it's still asleep wherever it's played.

It's definitely the worst possible time in my opinion.

It's probably the day that the clocks change as well, wonder how many will miss the KO

lord bunberry
22-02-2014, 07:51 PM
The fixture changes work in my favour for s change, midweek games are no good for me so I can now make the Motherwell game and I'm away for a stag weekend for the Aberdeen game so I will be back for the Monday night game, alas her ladyship will be away for the hearts game leaving me with the wee one.

Pete
22-02-2014, 07:52 PM
It's probably the day that the clocks change as well, wonder how many will miss the KO

If it's down to intelligence the home end will only start filling up at the start of the second half.

lord bunberry
22-02-2014, 07:54 PM
If it's down to intelligence the home end will only start filling up at the start of the first half.

If we can relegate them then it won't fill up at all.

Billy Whizz
22-02-2014, 07:54 PM
If it's down to intelligence the home end will only start filling up at the start of the second half.

Or they'll all be gone by then, as we've relegated them

Bristolhibby
23-02-2014, 08:22 AM
I think what we are all saying is it is inevitable that fixtures will change. 1500 on a Saturday is preferable. And we have all taken the Sky/BT dollar, so we have to put up with it.

It's the short notice that's killing people.

Petrie!

Seriously as was mentioned. 4 week notice as a minimum otherwise don't move it.

There has to be rules for the TV companies to abide by.

J

Bristolhibby
23-02-2014, 08:25 AM
FFS. At this rate I'll not make another home game this season.

I've made the commitment to buy a season ticket every season for about 20 years. I do so in the knowledge that it is not "value for money" as I will miss 2 or 3 home fixtures for various reasons (work, travel, social etc.).

However, this season is the worst I can remember for missing games (& I thought last season was terrible). I reckon I'll make just over half of home fixtures by seasons end - in large part due to re-arranged fixtures.

Hibs won't care about me as my monies paid up front but there's likely to be a large drop off in season tickets for next year and the club will need to work really hard to entice fans to Easter Road for Monday, Wednesday or Friday league games - there is absolutely no need for them.

Also factor in no Cup Final to "entice" fans. Expect a massive drop in STs for next season.

J

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Also factor in no Cup Final to "entice" fans. Expect a massive drop in STs for next season.

J

Sad state of affairs that some only buy a ST for a Cup Final ticket......

Saorsa
23-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Sad state of affairs that some only buy a ST for a Cup Final ticket......Sad state of affairs when people who do keep getting ****ed about and are given little or nae consideration efter they have parted with their money upfront.

Hibs7
23-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Sad state of affairs when people who do keep getting ****ed about and are given little or nae consideration efter they have parted with their money upfront.

Totally agree and 4 weeks notice is not enough of Hibs are offering packages 8 weeks before the game !!!

Television fixtures should be chosen at the beginning of the season and tough **** if they miss out on some glamour games !

basehibby
23-02-2014, 11:52 AM

:agree: Edinburgh Derby on Mother's Day being a prime example.

Jones28
23-02-2014, 11:59 AM
I think all Scottish football stadiums should be flattened and made 10k capacity maximum. There's no point in them being any more when the supporters are a total after thought? Why the **** should any of us bother our ***** buying tickets when clubs and the SFFA are happy to bend over to the TV companies?! Quite fancied the Aberdeen game before it was moved to a Monday night, working so can't go now.

I don't think the club can be blamed for it though, can they?

Saorsa
23-02-2014, 12:07 PM
I think all Scottish football stadiums should be flattened and made 10k capacity maximum. There's no point in them being any more when the supporters are a total after thought? Why the **** should any of us bother our ***** buying tickets when clubs and the SFFA are happy to bend over to the TV companies?! Quite fancied the Aberdeen game before it was moved to a Monday night, working so can't go now.

I don't think the club can be blamed for it though, can they?Clubs agreed tae the deal did they not? If it was a deal worth having instead of the ****pence it is I could understand it but all it's doing is p'ing off an increasing number of the people who actually bother getting off their erses tae go. In Scotland fans put in mair than the TV does, why piss the fans off.

Then of course there's fixtures moved at 2 weeks notice for nae reason, efter folk have made traval arrangements for that date or other plans for what was a free weekend. I'm all for Saturday 3PM ko's but that is a nonsense decision at that sort of notice and once again giving nae consideration tae those who have paid up front

Jones28
23-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Clubs agreed tae the deal did they not? If it was a deal worth having instead of the ****pence it is I could understand it but all it's doing is p'ing off an increasing number of the people who actually bother getting off their erses tae go. In Scotland fans put in mair than the TV does, why piss the fans off.

Then of course there's fixtures moved at 2 weeks notice for nae reason, efter folk have made traval arrangements for that date or other plans for what was a free weekend. I'm all for Saturday 3PM ko's but that is a nonsense decision at that sort of notice and once again giving nae consideration tae those who have paid up front

I didn't realise the clubs had to agree to a deal to be honest, I thought that the blame lay at the door of the SFA.

Think it's a disgrace the way the fans are continuously ****ed about without a word coming from the actual clubs.

Surely the logical thing to do would be to reserve fixtures played at awkward times for that are closer? Obviously it couldn't happen all the time but sending teams the length and breadth of the country on a Wednesday night is totally illogical? Or am I being too sensible for the SFA?

Saorsa
23-02-2014, 02:02 PM
I didn't realise the clubs had to agree to a deal to be honest, I thought that the blame lay at the door of the SFA.

Think it's a disgrace the way the fans are continuously ****ed about without a word coming from the actual clubs.

Surely the logical thing to do would be to reserve fixtures played at awkward times for that are closer? Obviously it couldn't happen all the time but sending teams the length and breadth of the country on a Wednesday night is totally illogical? Or am I being too sensible for the SFA?They've got nothing tae do with it as far as I'm aware. It's the SPFL and the SPLF is the clubs.

Planet Hibs
23-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Just shocking. I've also arranged in heros footsteps for Aberdeen game as the dates worked out well for that one, now what?! Timings won't work. Not amused

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Sad state of affairs when people who do keep getting ****ed about and are given little or nae consideration efter they have parted with their money upfront.

Happens every Season, it's not a new implementation....

Saorsa
23-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Happens every Season, it's not a new implementation....and some people are, rightly IMO, getting fed up with it....

.....as for moving games when there is nae need at such short notice, are they trying tae discourage folk from paying up front, with decisions like that it would seem so. I'm all for Saturday 3PM KO's but that decision is a terrible one.

What's their thinking behind that decision? Move it tae a Saturday and try and attract mair walkups? Never mind if it bumps some ST holders because we've already got their money!

It's time the paying fans stopped being treated as an afterthought (or mair accurately a naethought), particularly the ones who have paid up front.

Hibs7
23-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Hibs v Aberdeen date change. .... Sent to SPFL yesterday !!!

I have booked places for myself, my son and my grandson to come up from Berkhamsted for this game on the 5th April, so my grandson can join in the "follow in your stars footsteps " day at Easter rd and east mains training centre. The cost of this day is £210 for the package and £120 for flights.
You in your infinite wisdom have now changed this to a Monday night which makes it impossible for my son and grandson to attend.. I will be seeking a total refund of all costs, the package costs from Hibs and the flight costs from SPFL. You have just alienated 3 more fans from going to games, it is high time you realised that fans are the most important part of football. If need be I will take legal action as a this was booked over a month ago and then you lot decide to change the date 6 weeks before .. I am raging as I was looking forward to seeing my grandson play on the pitch at Easter rd. The other option is if Hibs change the package to another game on a Saturday and you the SPFL pay for the rearranged flights.
I await your reply.

Sent from my iPhone

B.H.F.C
23-02-2014, 05:35 PM

I have booked places for myself, my son and my grandson to come up from Berkhamsted for this game on the 5th April, so my grandson can join in the "follow in your stars footsteps " day at Easter rd and east mains training centre. The cost of this day is £210 for the package and £120 for flights.
You in your infinite wisdom have now changed this to a Monday night which makes it impossible for my son and grandson to attend.. I will be seeking a total refund of all costs, the package costs from Hibs and the flight costs from SPFL. You have just alienated 3 more fans from going to games, it is high time you realised that fans are the most important part of football. If need be I will take legal action as a this was booked over a month ago and then you lot decide to change the date 6 weeks before .. I am raging as I was looking forward to seeing my grandson play on the pitch at Easter rd. The other option is if Hibs change the package to another game on a Saturday and you the SPFL pay for the rearranged flights.
I await your reply.

Sent from my iPhone

I understand why you're annoyed but you won't get a penny back for your flights. Was the TV company that decided when they wanted it anyway was it not? Could be wrong but I don't think the change is decided by the league.

I'm sure Hibs will do their bit for you though.

Sylar
23-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Farcical decision all around to be honest. Pounds before punters, yet again - never mind - so long as Sky/BT Sport's viewing figures are up and they keep pumping money into the club, eh?

After all, they're a more important, lifelong revenue stream to the club, aren't they...

I feel truly sorry for the Aberdeen fans too - they're flying high and usually take a great away support wherever they go but this move will make it difficult, nigh on impossible for some of them!

Hibs7
23-02-2014, 06:14 PM
I understand why you're annoyed but you won't get a penny back for your flights. Was the TV company that decided when they wanted it anyway was it not? Could be wrong but I don't think the change is decided by the league.

I'm sure Hibs will do their bit for you though.

I am not going to let this one go .. I am sure they will not like the bad publicity, which I will make sure they get. And a court case if necessary !!

Gatecrasher
23-02-2014, 06:29 PM
The worst seems to happen around this time of year as well. I thought we were done with Monday nights after the last time when no **** turned up?

B.H.F.C
23-02-2014, 06:30 PM
I am not going to let this one go .. I am sure they will not like the bad publicity, which I will make sure they get. And a court case if necessary !!

I ain't any legal brain but I'm not entirely sure what grounds you'd have for taking them to court. You've not had any agreement with them that has been breached.

I really hope Hibs do the right thing by you though.

Hibs7
23-02-2014, 06:35 PM
I ain't any legal brain but I'm not entirely sure what grounds you'd have for taking them to court. You've not had any agreement with them that has been breached.

I really hope Hibs do the right thing by you though.

Can see where you are coming from .. My agreement is with Hibs and through Hibs the SPFL and through the SPFL the tv companies .. .. There is nothing I can find in writing that states the dates may change with no liabilities to the relevant football clubs/ SPFL/ tv companies involved in the fixture change .. !

Gmack7
23-02-2014, 06:44 PM
i know its to late now but regarding the Aberdeen game is there any reason it couldnt have been on the friday night?

hibee_girl
23-02-2014, 06:48 PM
i know its to late now but regarding the Aberdeen game is there any reason it couldnt have been on the friday night?

Pretty sure the highland derby is on the Friday night.

Hibby70
23-02-2014, 06:56 PM
This needs to stop. Probably too late this season but next season Petrie needs to agree with the rest of the clubs that fixtures cannot be changed so near to the dates.

It's bad enough having matches moved for telly but to do so in this manner suits nobody.

I'm expecting an announcement from Hibs on this subject.

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2014, 07:02 PM
This needs to stop. Probably too late this season but next season Petrie needs to agree with the rest of the clubs that fixtures cannot be changed so near to the dates.

It's bad enough having matches moved for telly but to do so in this manner suits nobody.

I'm expecting an announcement from Hibs on this subject.

Why, Hibs are not the only club the changes effect?

Hibby70
23-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Why, Hibs are not the only club the changes effect?

I never said the other clubs couldn't comment.

I'd expect them to make an announcement on the basis that a) they will have received emails complaining about this, b) Petrie has highlighted the issue before and c) season tickets are coming up for renewal

lucky
23-02-2014, 07:23 PM
We normally all moan about midweek games. Hibs and Well have both got a free Saturday so changed it, the notice period could have been greater. Always expected the Derby to be moved to the Sunday. The sheep game is a mate, why do Hibs sell hospitality packages for games that are likely to moved for TV.

flash
23-02-2014, 08:24 PM
We normally all moan about midweek games. Hibs and Well have both got a free Saturday so changed it, the notice period could have been greater. Always expected the Derby to be moved to the Sunday. The sheep game is a mate, why do Hibs sell hospitality packages for games that are likely to moved for TV.

If the change to the Motherwell game had been made right after the Cup exit then fine. Why did it take almost a fortnight?

Hermit Crab
23-02-2014, 08:27 PM

Or even the Saturday at 3pm.

Billy Whizz
23-02-2014, 08:30 PM
If the change to the Motherwell game had been made right after the Cup exit then fine. Why did it take almost a fortnight?

Possibly because they were waiting on the Inverness v Stranraer replay. Some were suggesting we would play Inverness away on the 8th March if they had been knocked out

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Or even the Saturday at 3pm.

The games on Zitelli mate.....

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2014, 08:37 PM

I await your reply.

Sent from my iPhone

Can't see you getting anywhere with the SPFL on this to be honest, games are changed all the time and fans are inconvenienced and constantly out of pocket as a result. I would love you to get a result on this and be a test case for future claims but just can't see it. Best of luck though, look forward to seeing the Hibs7 ruling case on the news. :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
23-02-2014, 10:12 PM
The games on Zitelli mate.....

Saturday 17:45 then.

flash
24-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Possibly because they were waiting on the Inverness v Stranraer replay. Some were suggesting we would play Inverness away on the 8th March if they had been knocked out

Well whatever the reason they have pissed a lot of people off who will now not be able to attend.

Craig_in_Prague
24-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Aberdeen game moved from Sat 5th to Monday 7th??

Oh FFS !!!!

I am over for 1.5 weeks and fly back on the 7th. FFS !!!!

Specifically booked the Monday, in case it went to the Sunday.

can't believe it :(

Beefster
24-02-2014, 10:24 AM
I reckon the Dundee Utd game will be the last time that I'm at ER this season. By the end of the season, I reckon that I'll have missed somewhere between 7 and 9 games this season from my ST and cup top-up. Not all the fault of changed times but at least half of them will have been.

A thoroughly ****ty state of affairs.

IWasThere2016
24-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Farcical decision all around to be honest. Pounds before punters, yet again - never mind - so long as Sky/BT Sport's viewing figures are up and they keep pumping money into the club, eh?

After all, they're a more important, lifelong revenue stream to the club, aren't they...

I feel truly sorry for the Aberdeen fans too - they're flying high and usually take a great away support wherever they go but this move will make it difficult, nigh on impossible for some of them!

:top marks

Billy Whizz
24-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Well whatever the reason they have pissed a lot of people off who will now not be able to attend.

I agree with you

Brightside
24-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Just shocking. I've also arranged in heros footsteps for Aberdeen game as the dates worked out well for that one, now what?! Timings won't work. Not amused

They surely have to re-schedule the Footsteps thing? No way can they have that on a Monday night. A lot of the kids will be in bed! I'm also peeved with the Saturday game coming out the blue on 8th. Booked in for SFA courses that day and chose it as no football on!

Ireallywasthere
24-02-2014, 01:45 PM
The Aberdeen game has been moved to accommodate the Ramsden cup final. I suppose super swally would vhave been "baffled" if it had been played on a pitch that had been used the prevoius day

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Saorsa
24-02-2014, 02:06 PM
The Aberdeen game has been moved to accommodate the Ramsden cup final. I suppose super swally would vhave been "baffled" if it had been played on a pitch that had been used the prevoius day

Sent from my GT-I9300 using TapatalkReally? That date/fixture had been known for months. http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/easter-road-to-host-ramsdens-cup-final

So Hibs have been advertising & selling...

...This

Hibernian v Aberdeen - Saturday 5 April 2014

Ladies Day - Following the success of Ladies Day last Season, this is a must-attend fixture for all Hibee Ladies. Champagne on arrival, three-course meal, presentations by our beauty and health partners, prize for best dressed lady and, of course, the opportunity to meet the players. This is the highlight of the season for all Hibee Ladies and a fantastic present to treat the lady in in your life! Full details launching soon.

£75 - Season Ticket Members
£90 - Non Season Ticket Members

and this...

In Your Heroes Footsteps

Hibernian v Ross County, Saturday 15 February
Hibernian v Aberdeen, Saturday 5 April

...For the 5th of April knowing that game was going tae be moved? And now we'll be playing on the pitch the day efter it's been ploughed up.

Should we have been playing on either the 5th or the 7th if were hiring out the stadium on the 6th? And if we were supposed tae be playing on the 5th which was known, why the **** were we hiring out the stadium on the 6th. Who the **** organises these fixture/dates?

Hibby70
24-02-2014, 06:05 PM
The "in your heroes" date has now been switched to. 8 march I'm hearing. It's getting ridiculous.

Hibs7
24-02-2014, 06:28 PM
The "in your heroes" date has now been switched to. 8 march I'm hearing. It's getting ridiculous.

Correct ...