PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Help Me Build Our Future

RSS Bot
21-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Choose to make the difference

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140221/help-me-build-our-future_2262950_3680447)

SaulGoodman
21-02-2014, 04:39 PM
1. Time - building a strong, solid structure is a patient process.

This is the most important point imo. Also like the sounds of this:

· Playing a fast, dynamic style of football that entertains, but also wins games.
· Bringing through talented and skilful youngsters from our superb Academy and Training Centre.

matty_f
21-02-2014, 05:00 PM
I know we've had countless kicks in the teeth, false dawns, and had to endure some awful football at times, but I really hope that we get a good uptake of season tickets to help Butcher rebuild the team. I still firmly believe that he is capable of winning something at Hibs and that we'll see a positive shift in performances and results.

greengnome
21-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Get the feeling he actually knows what being associated with Hibernian FC is all about! :flag:Would enjoy seeing the flair days again before I pop my clogs...So to speak.. :wink:

B.H.F.C
21-02-2014, 05:05 PM
I know we've had countless kicks in the teeth, false dawns, and had to endure some awful football at times, but I really hope that we get a good uptake of season tickets to help Butcher rebuild the team. I still firmly believe that he is capable of winning something at Hibs and that we'll see a positive shift in performances and results.

I completely agree with what you say. Unless we go on an absolutely outstanding run of results between now and the end of the season I can see a fairly big drop in season ticket sales though.

jeffers
21-02-2014, 05:14 PM
It may have TB's picture and his signature but it reads as if it was written by Petrie. The usual plea to buy a season ticket for next season and forget about all the pish you've watched this season.

jodjam
21-02-2014, 05:21 PM
It may have TB's picture and his signature but it reads as if it was written by Petrie. The usual plea to buy a season ticket for next season and forget about all the pish you've watched this season.

See ya next season j ;)

jeffers
21-02-2014, 05:23 PM
See ya next season j ;)

You sure will mate ! Just as well the banter is good.

matty_f
21-02-2014, 05:25 PM

:agree: they should have said "hang on to all the pish things that we can't influence because they happened in the past so that we can give ourselves leads chance of improving the the things in the future that we can influence. Stay angry and keep your money, because we've been a bit pish for a while now. "

jeffers
21-02-2014, 05:33 PM
:agree: they should have said "hang on to all the pish things that we can't influence because they happened in the past so that we can give ourselves leads chance of improving the the things in the future that we can influence. Stay angry and keep your money, because we've been a bit pish for a while now. "

More accurate but maybe taking it a bit too far Matty :wink:

Seriously though I don't know what the answer is, but each season we are expected to renew in the hope that the next season will be better than the last - it usually isn't. I will be renewing, but without the lure of cup final tickets I can't see anything other than a big drop for next season.

matty_f
21-02-2014, 05:46 PM
More accurate but maybe taking it a bit too far Matty :wink:

Seriously though I don't know what the answer is, but each season we are expected to renew in the hope that the next season will be better than the last - it usually isn't. I will be renewing, but without the lure of cup final tickets I can't see anything other than a big drop for next season.

Can't really argue with that at all. What Butcher needs to do is finish the season very positively, get plenty wins on the board and start to show some of that potential and give the fans that optimism and enthusiasm for the new season.

I'll renew regardless, just hope that the incentive is there for others to buy a season ticket too.

weonlywon6-2
21-02-2014, 11:02 PM
a good statement from Butcher and speaks more positively in that than calderclown did in his entire time here.
however, it is a bit like the hibs begging bowl again,new season, new request for money

Pete
22-02-2014, 12:41 AM

I disagree. Talking about positive energy, unstoppable forces and harnessing power and energy is right up Butchers street.

I know it's been pish let's face it, we didn't have the right guy in charge and we gave him too long. Before that I don't think we gave the right guys enough time (calderwood excluded of course). Mistakes have been made but it's true that everything is now in place for it to work. We have the best facilities, the best management team and it's clear that's he's going to be given time.

I can sense big changes and positive things happening starting next season.:thumbsup:

weonlywon6-2
22-02-2014, 07:37 AM
I disagree. Talking about positive energy, unstoppable forces and harnessing power and energy is right up Butchers street.

I know it's been pish let's face it, we didn't have the right guy in charge and we gave him too long. Before that I don't think we gave the right guys enough time (calderwood excluded of course). Mistakes have been made but it's true that everything is now in place for it to work. We have the best facilities, the best management team and it's clear that's he's going to be given time.

I can sense big changes and positive things happening starting next season.:thumbsup:

yep,next season we should hopefully start to get moving

lucky
22-02-2014, 07:58 AM
I don't get why Hibs supporters with the time and cash don't get or renew a ST. We complain about the team, lack of investment by STF but there seems to be a lot of Hibs fans that look for reason not to invest in the club by buying a ST. It's our club our team the owners are just custodians of it.

LancsHibs
22-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Thats it, I'm in! Roll on the summer singing and the new season. So long as the club realises that it too needs to invest if they are asking the fans to. I have a feeling this is it. Glory Glory

Hibercelona
22-02-2014, 08:19 AM
I don't get why Hibs supporters with the time and cash don't get or renew a ST. We complain about the team, lack of investment by STF but there seems to be a lot of Hibs fans that look for reason not to invest in the club by buying a ST. It's our club our team the owners are just custodians of it.

Even when our fanbase hits it's lowest point, we're still better off than the majority of clubs in the league.

So when these clubs continue to get the better of us every season, you can understand why many fans may be hesitant to go back again.

I don't see anybody complaining about a lack of investment. It's how the investment is spent that seems to be the problem these days.

Judas Iscariot
22-02-2014, 08:23 AM

Maybe because they just don't want to?!

Season after season of abhorrent plsh has driven away literally thousands of fans & some are just not willing to come back 'cos of a few sentences on the website

clerriehibs
22-02-2014, 08:28 AM

They don't look for reasons not to buy a ST; there just aren't enough compelling reasons for many people to do so.

Saorsa
22-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Two articles on the official site on the same day, one talking about folk buying season tickets and the one straight efter it moving fixtures, some with as little as two weeks notice costing some fans a lot of money, and making others miss yet another game. It's little wonder some folk dinnae want tae buy them and others that do are questioning their worth. It's time the fans started getting far mair consideration instead of being at the bottom of the pile and the last considered in everything.

oregonhibby
22-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Moving fixtures is one of the reasons buying a season ticket makes less and less sense and is a drain on funds for the Club. For some it would be cheaper walking up which would probably mean they would walk up less meaning lost
revenues again.

Ever decreasing circles

Billy Whizz
22-02-2014, 09:00 AM
We're really going to have a lot of seats available next season. Only one category A game, although hopefully the Dons increase will partly offset the Hearts decrease.
I really hope they do offer fantastic Kids prices all over the ground

Viva_Palmeiras
22-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Two articles on the official site on the same day, one talking about folk buying season tickets and the one straight efter it moving fixtures, some with as little as two weeks notice costing some fans a lot of money, and making others miss yet another game. It's little wonder some folk dinnae want tae buy them and others that do are questioning their worth. It's time the fans started getting far mair consideration instead of being at the bottom of the pile and the last considered in everything.

It just goes to show what the club are up against. Feedback on this matter via LWT and the recent-ish green survey has been IMO heard loud and clear by management - if the club are given short notice what are they to do? Timing is crap I agree.

With the circumstances described I think there will be a point (we are approaching the cusp of it in now-3 years IMO) where the ST model evolves into something else. If the club can pull off another interest free deal over 10-11 months they may just eek things out a little longer.

I dont think management are resting on their laurels on the current model and have been looking ahead.

Saorsa
22-02-2014, 09:27 AM
It just goes to show what the club are up against. Feedback on this matter via LWT and the recent-ish green survey has been IMO heard loud and clear by management - if the club are given short notice what are they to do? Timing is crap I agree.

With the circumstances described I think there will be a point (we are approaching the cusp of it in now-3 years IMO) where the ST model evolves into something else. If the club can pull off another interest free deal over 10-11 months they may just eek things out a little longer.

I dont think management are resting on their laurels on the current model and have been looking ahead.And the Motherwell game, was it moved for TV at short notice?

While I'm all in favour of 3pm Saturday ko times (and that move suits me if I'm honest) I think it's a disgrace that that game has been moved at such short notice for nae other reason than both teams happen tae be free that weekend. They're no blaming the TV for that are they? Surely that was the clubs decision tae **** folk about?

Me, I'm missing the Friday game because some ersehole suddenly decided we could have Friday night fitba in Edinburgh and that now makes my ST dearer than what it would have cost me tae walk up.

Zazu62
22-02-2014, 09:28 AM
We need to start battering teams at home again, a good home record equals a good strong Hibernian.

weonlywon6-2
22-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Even when our fanbase hits it's lowest point, we're still better off than the majority of clubs in the league.

So when these clubs continue to get the better of us every season, you can understand why many fans may be hesitant to go back again.

I don't see anybody complaining about a lack of investment. It's how the investment is spent that seems to be the problem these days.

you have a very good point here.Hopefully we now have the right management team in place but it will take time

matty_f
22-02-2014, 10:39 AM
I think Hibs have to be very creative in their season ticket proposition this season and in the future. I would offer a non-tv season ticket option that includes every game bar those on tv (they'd likely have to make a calculated assumption of how many games that would be) with the option to purchase these games on a game by game basis at the equivalent cost of a season ticket game.
Or, buy a season ticket this season at full price and get a discount on the next again season's season ticket based on how many tv games the season ticket want used for in the preceding season. They must have that info because our season tickets are scanned so that information must go somewhere.

Speedway
22-02-2014, 10:44 AM
I think the reasons for and against are both valid but the context here is Stuart McCall saying to the press this week that the Mothers won't be able to compete on wages in the summer with English non-league sides.

That's why STs need to get bought.

ehf
22-02-2014, 10:45 AM

Will have been written by some marketing agency and approved by Petrie. Butcher probably hasn't even seen it.

bingo70
22-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Its a nice idea matty but it wont happen. It'll just be more of the same imo.

Imo there should be a considerable discount for buying a season ticket, when youre likely to be worseoff financially by missing one or two games it really makes no sense to get one. Imo there should be no difference in prices for cat a games, if tyat was the case and all prices were the same for each match it would be easier to show how much of a saving you could make by getting a season ticket

Bishop Hibee
22-02-2014, 11:27 AM
For me, renewing my ST is a given unless there is a large price hike. I'd actually pay a bit more if it could guarantee that any under 16 ticket/walk up was no more than a fiver.

I've still not found anything I'd rather do every other Saturday than watch the Mighty Cabbage!

matty_f
22-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Its a nice idea matty but it wont happen. It'll just be more of the same imo.

Imo there should be a considerable discount for buying a season ticket, when youre likely to be worseoff financially by missing one or two games it really makes no sense to get one. Imo there should be no difference in prices for cat a games, if tyat was the case and all prices were the same for each match it would be easier to show how much of a saving you could make by getting a season ticket

:agree: I think you're right.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-02-2014, 12:25 PM
And the Motherwell game, was it moved for TV at short notice?

While I'm all in favour of 3pm Saturday ko times (and that move suits me if I'm honest) I think it's a disgrace that that game has been moved at such short notice for nae other reason than both teams happen tae be free that weekend. They're no blaming the TV for that are they? Surely that was the clubs decision tae **** folk about?

Me, I'm missing the Friday game because some ersehole suddenly decided we could have Friday night fitba in Edinburgh and that now makes my ST dearer than what it would have cost me tae walk up.

You got me dan stupidity tax £5 donation to DniPro on it's way...

Saorsa
22-02-2014, 01:17 PM
For me, renewing my ST is a given unless there is a large price hike. I'd actually pay a bit more if it could guarantee that any under 16 ticket/walk up was no more than a fiver.

I've still not found anything I'd rather do every other Saturday than watch the Mighty Cabbage!or sunday or friday or monday or tuesday or wednesday. :wink:

Personally I'm getting fed up of paying my money up front and then having my weekend and now week days dictated by people who watch fitba on telly rather than get off their erses and go tae at the very least, their hame games tae support their team (particularly for the ****pence that Scottish fitba gets from the TV companies). I'd rather pay an extra 50 or 60 quid for my season ticket and get 3pm Saturday kick offs and tell the TV companies tae ram it. As it is I'm considering ditching mine.

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Usual PR statement dreamed up by our PR agency as a call to arms prior to ST announcement. Same old pish that we all fall for every year hoping that one year it will ring true but it never does. It works though eh. :greengrin Well maybe not this time for me.

Pete
22-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Usual PR statement dreamed up by our PR agency as a call to arms prior to ST announcement. Same old pish that we all fall for every year hoping that one year it will ring true but it never does. It works though eh. :greengrin Well maybe not this time for me.

What works? The sales pitch or your wind ups?
;-)

cleanyman
22-02-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm not renewing.

Same pish is said every year.

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2014, 07:46 PM
What works? The sales pitch or your wind ups?
;-)

No wind up mate, the sales pitch gets me every ****** year.

lord bunberry
22-02-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm not renewing.

Same pish is said every year.

I think your wrong, I doubt Terry would allow things he didn't say be published in his name, next season is going to be different . Terry knows the score and for that reason alone I will be renewing.

cleanyman
22-02-2014, 08:13 PM
I think your wrong, I doubt Terry would allow things he didn't say be published in his name, next season is going to be different . Terry knows the score and for that reason alone I will be renewing.

How many years have we been saying that?

Beginning of the season folk were saying we had the best squad outwith Celtic, we've been going nowhere for 7 years.

lord bunberry
22-02-2014, 08:15 PM

Beginning of the season folk were saying we had the best squad outwith Celtic, we've been going nowhere for 7 years.

Terry butcher has never said it before and that for me is the big difference, he's a man who's looked at us from afar and thought we should be doing better, he's now in a position to make that happen.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Butcher will build us a decent side, but I suspect one of the issues may be the outcry, if and when he brings in players from Aldershot reserves or the Conference South. The " Hibs Class" threads are one of the most corrosive pointless ding-dongs we have.

lord bunberry
22-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Butcher will build us a decent side, but I suspect one of the issues may be the outcry, if and when he brings in players from Aldershot reserves or the Conference South. The " Hibs Class" threads are one of the most corrosive pointless ding-dongs we have.

But what is said on here is irrelevant when a player is making his debut, the vast majority of hibs fans are not on hibs.net

Thecat23
22-02-2014, 08:25 PM

Bollox, who said that? Dons, Utd, Well all have better squads than us. Even ICT prob have a better squad. I can't mind anyone saying that.

End of the day it's a personal decision to renew or not. I will as I think Butcher IS a proven SPFL manager. If folk don't want to buy into that fine. Away and do something else as I'm pretty sure not one person on here is bothered. Sorry if that sounds harsh but the amount of drama queens on here is getting ridiculous. Renew or don't simples.

cleanyman
22-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Bollox, who said that? Dons, Utd, Well all have better squads than us. Even ICT prob have a better squad. I can't mind anyone saying that.

End of the day it's a personal decision to renew or not. I will as I think Butcher IS a proven SPFL manager. If folk don't want to buy into that fine. Away and do something else as I'm pretty sure not one person on here is bothered. Sorry if that sounds harsh but the amount of drama queens on here is getting ridiculous. Renew or don't simples.

Read the board from back then.

Total minter.

Thecat23
22-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Read the board from back then.

Total minter.

If folk did think that I've no idea what they based it on. We don't have the second best squad in the league and are far from it. I think over time we might get there who knows? I do believe TB to be a better manager than the past few we have had. Like I say no one is pressuring anyone to buy a season ticket and yes it is expensive for what's on offer. But if you can afford it and think TB is the man to move us forward then I'd urge you back the team and buy one. If not then these folk have no right slating the manager in the next window when he can't afford to buy a player he wants because of a fall in ST sales. The more we sell the more it helps TB.

CraigHibee
22-02-2014, 09:13 PM
its going to be a bit of a rebuilding job in the summer with so many out of contract, i'll be buying a season ticket again, would love to see a good amount being bought so we can try and build a successful team on the park

IberianHibernian
22-02-2014, 10:44 PM
I`ll be renewing my Hibs TV season ticket , continuing with Hibs TV international every month , buying more Kicks For Kids season tickets , buying some walk up tickets and merchandise etc etc but would question a lot strategy of marketing department of club using this begging policy especially when it involves the manager . It`s mainly aimed at ex season ticket holders or regular walk up fans many of whom will have supported the club for many years and quite possibly generations of their families too - do they need to be lectured to by a manager ( am aware his name is being used by club so not a personal criticism of Butcher here ) who had no connection with our club till a few months ago ? We have an excellent stadium which is too big for the support we have - if we want to fill the seats , the obvious thing is to improve the results in home matches ( 2013 and 2014 have obviously been terrible after very positive results at home in second half of 2012 ) and improve entertainment value but instead of harrassing folk into buying season tickets club could do more to improve walk up numbers - fans who don`t want/can`t buy a ST , tourists , students ( from summer language students to all year students ) , pensioners , unemployed , groups from sports clubs , offers to encourage more away fans , offers for Hibs supporters groups who don`t live in or near Edinburgh , etc etc

thebakerboy
22-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Being an old codger my ST is quite reasonable and I now am quite happy to pay the cost. It costs me about 8 walk up prices at full price and about 17 at codgers prices but due to her who must be obeyed deciding we go on holiday as often as possible and clashes with bowling and domino matches plus ridiculous KO times I am lucky to get about 12/14 home matches a season but at these prices I find that OK so I shall have a ST next year but at full price I am not so sure and I can understand other peoples reluctance. I have been attending ER since 1952 but have never been a regular ST holder for many reasons but I will next year.

The Voice Of Reason
22-02-2014, 10:48 PM
In Terry Butcher We Trust.

Count me in.

:flag:

ehf
23-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Being an old codger my ST is quite reasonable and I now am quite happy to pay the cost. It costs me about 8 walk up prices at full price and about 17 at codgers prices but due to her who must be obeyed deciding we go on holiday as often as possible and clashes with bowling and domino matches plus ridiculous KO times I am lucky to get about 12/14 home matches a season but at these prices I find that OK so I shall have a ST next year but at full price I am not so sure and I can understand other peoples reluctance. I have been attending ER since 1952 but have never been a regular ST holder for many reasons but I will next year.

Sounds you like you have a good, full and rounded life! I pay full price for my season but miss quite a few games due to work and family commitments. I will renew because (a) I like to sit in the same place (West Lower) (b) I want to support the club; and (c) I have faith in Butcher, Malpas and Marsella.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-02-2014, 08:51 AM
DniPro paid...

Saorsa
23-02-2014, 10:49 AM
DniPro paid...
12074Stupidity has it benefits :greengrin :thumbsup: .

Viva_Palmeiras
23-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Stupidity has it benefits :greengrin :thumbsup: .

Hehe