PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal game is on Sky One

Hibby70
19-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Just in case anyone doesn't have Sky Sports but has access to Sky 1.

DanTheMan
19-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Cheers! Didn't know that.

iwasthere1972
19-02-2014, 07:43 PM
I've got BT Sports with Virgin and was channel hopping when I discovered the game on Sky Sports 1 HD

:thumbsup:

Sylar
19-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Come on Bayern! :greengrin

Squealing pig
19-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Cmon bayern had psg,, barca last night, if the win need spurs and napoli tomoz, 5aways happy days

SteveHFC
19-02-2014, 07:55 PM
:faf: Ozil

stokesmessiah
19-02-2014, 08:00 PM
:faf: Ozil

Knew as soon as he went to take that pen that he was missing it.

Stringer
19-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Pep doing a Jose. Parking the bus

Onceinawhile
19-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Pep doing a Jose. Parking the bus

What??

heretoday
19-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Ox-Chamberlain is playing with a ton of confidence these days. Just give him the ball.

Onceinawhile
19-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Penalty to bayern and the arsenal keeper off.

stonewall imo.

Onceinawhile
19-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Missed. Not sure why you have a left back taking a penalty.

Hainan Hibs
19-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Penalty but Robben's reaction is the reason as to why he is one of my most disliked players. Went down as if a sniper had got him.

heretoday
19-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Penalty but Robben's reaction is the reason as to why he is one of my most disliked players. Went down as if a sniper had got him.

That's modern football for you. Arsenal have really got you give the performance of their lives second half. Should be good to watch.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2014, 08:30 PM

Leighton Baines!

3pm
19-02-2014, 08:31 PM

Ask the Everton fans.

Jonnyboy
19-02-2014, 08:37 PM

Hibs left back of old, Joe Davis never had problems with pens :wink:

I'm no fan of Robben but when the keeper caught Robben's standing leg it was a penalty all day long

Anyone else notice the hand gesture of the departing Arsenal keeper? As he neared the tunnel he did the w4nker sign to indicate what he thinks of the ref :greengrin

3pm
19-02-2014, 08:41 PM

I'm no fan of Robben but when the keeper caught Robben's standing leg it was a penalty all day long

Anyone else notice the hand gesture of the departing Arsenal keeper? As he neared the tunnel he did the w4nker sign to indicate what he thinks of the ref :greengrin

Aye, have another game ban for your cheek!

Frazerbob
19-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Definite penalty but the diving cheat made himself look a complete tit yet again. He's done it several times against Scotland for Holland. Despise the man!

Smiggy 7-0
19-02-2014, 08:43 PM
2 missed pens by 2 left footers with 2 rather short run ups. Anyone else like me and not keen on left footers taking penalties ?

Hibs90
19-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Never understood why Robben gets all this praise from pundits and commentators. One trick pony (cuts inside) and a diving bawbag aswell.

Jonnyboy
19-02-2014, 08:47 PM
2 missed pens by 2 left footers with 2 rather short run ups. Anyone else like me and not keen on left footers taking penalties ?

Just about every fan of The Rangers I would imagine :wink:

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2014, 08:47 PM

Yep I hate it when Leighton Baines takes them.........................................he never misses.

weonlywon6-2
19-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Just about every fan of The Rangers I would imagine :wink:

could be a whoosh moment for a few

easty
19-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Never understood why Robben gets all this praise from pundits and commentators. One trick pony (cuts inside) and a diving bawbag aswell.

He's brilliant.

Smiggy 7-0
19-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Just about every fan of The Rangers I would imagine :wink: :top marks

nonshinyfinish
19-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Woaf!

I love wee Kroos, classy player.

heretoday
19-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Simple stuff in the end.

kdhibees1
19-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Ref looks like Maybury
http://www.thefa.com/~/media/images/thefaportal/news%20articles/2013/nicola-rizzoli.ashx%3Fw%3D620%26h%3D349%26c%3Dfacupgaller y%26as%3D1

easty
19-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Are we sure that's Sanogo and not Ngoo up front for Arsenal....he's humpty.

heretoday
19-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Arsenal have had it. The heads are down.

skipster7
19-02-2014, 09:03 PM

Dennis Irwin had a great record at pens im sure

heretoday
19-02-2014, 09:15 PM
10-man City made a better fist of it last night v Barca than the Arse are doing.

NOLA
19-02-2014, 09:22 PM
10-man City made a better fist of it last night v Barca than the Arse are doing.
difference is arsenal cant get the ball back. bayern are quality, much better than barca IMO

heretoday
19-02-2014, 09:25 PM
difference is arsenal cant get the ball back. bayern are quality, much better than barca IMO

Results would suggest you're right. They are more powerful and direct than Barca. The midfield is bigger in size apart from anything!

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Are we sure that's Sanogo and not Ngoo up front for Arsenal....he's humpty.Agreed, as a 21 year old playing on his own against the best team in the world its shocking that he hasn't scored at least 3.

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2014, 09:30 PM
10-man City made a better fist of it last night v Barca than the Arse are doing.Did they? They lost 2-0 and the ref disallowed a perfectly good Barca goal for 3-0. Arsenal have been down to 10 for longer vs a better team and are 1-0 down

Edit, nvm 2-0

heretoday
19-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Did they? They lost 2-0 and the ref disallowed a perfectly good Barca goal for 3-0. Arsenal have been down to 10 for longer vs a better team and are 1-0 down

Edit, nvm 2-0 Yeh but they had several chances to score.

jodjam
19-02-2014, 09:45 PM

I dinny mind them when Liam Craig slots it past the hertz at new year

Nomeancity
19-02-2014, 09:49 PM
I posted the same point last night. That is two what should have been great games this week spoiled by this stupid last man red card rule. If it's a pen that's enough, no need for a red card. Outside the box, no pen but should be ref card. I am fed up with big games being non events because a team are down to 10 men.

lapsedhibee
19-02-2014, 10:38 PM
I posted the same point last night. That is two what should have been great games this week spoiled by this stupid last man red card rule. If it's a pen that's enough, no need for a red card. Outside the box, no pen but should be red card. I am fed up with big games being non events because a team are down to 10 men.

:confused: Why would a big game continue to be an event, rather than a non-event, if a red card was shown for an offence outside the box rather than inside the box? It would still be 10 v 11.

Tricla
19-02-2014, 10:40 PM

I hated it when JC took pens.

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Sparky was the best penalty taker I've seen at Hibs. Was more than confident when I seen him pulling back that left peg

Nomeancity
19-02-2014, 11:22 PM
:confused: Why would a big game continue to be an event, rather than a non-event, if a red card was shown for an offence outside the box rather than inside the box? It would still be 10 v 11.
Arsenal game worked slightly better because pen was missed. But take your point it would have still been 10 v 11 - but most times the pen is scored and game is over. Game isn't always over when 10 v 11 but it is when 10 v 11 and 1 nil down, and extra sub used and sub goalie.
there does have to be a punishment for last man but you have to admit when it is an even game it tends to be spoiled when a man is sent off. I'm just fed up looking forward to big games on the tv and they are spoiled by sending offs.

--------
20-02-2014, 12:18 PM

Just what I was going to say, John. A Hibs supporter not remembering the old Stevie-Joe D one-two? Stevie cutting into the area and cutting across the full-back, down he goes, up steps Joe, 1-0 Hibs!

Classic. I always have a wee regret that we didn't get a pen against Napoli - Joe Davis sending Dino Zoff the wrong way would have just been the icing on the cake. (Not that that cake needed any icing!)

It was clear penalty and the ref had no option but to send Szczesny off, but Robben's one of the most irritating and obnoxious individuals in top football these days. He dropped like a stone two or three times later in the game with absolutely no reason. He's a cheat, and it doesn't matter how talented he is, he's a disgrace to the game.

A perfect candidate to be the filling in an Adams-Keown sandwich. He wouldn't get up after one of those.

But I never tire of watching THIS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdT1bGje6Uk :devil:

Brightside
20-02-2014, 12:25 PM
If the goalie had gone in with his hands (ie be brave) he'd have been fine. But he went in with his feet. 100% a pen and 100% a red card. he should get a 3 game ban for the hand gesture.

Pretty Boy
20-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Found this earlier, no idea if it's all true but made me chuckle.

Since Arsenal last won a trophy:

They have spent £227.5M

52 of the 92 football league clubs have won a trophy

Wenger has earned £63.5M in wages

Mercury has orbited the sun 32 times

London won the right to host the Olympics, rebuilt Stratford and hosted the games.

Twitter was launched and has gained 500M users.

Over 10000000000 people have been born

Juventus have been relegated, Promoted and won back to back titles.

Ex Arsenal players have won 44 medals

Pep Guardiola retired as a player, became a manager, won 16 trophies at Barcelona, took a year out, came back and has won 2 trophies at Bayern Munich.

lapsedhibee
20-02-2014, 12:49 PM
If the goalie had gone in with his hands (ie be brave) he'd have been fine. But he went in with his feet. 100% a pen and 100% a red card. he should get a 3 game ban for the hand gesture.

Eh? He deliberately withdrew his hands from any contact, presumably because he knows that serial divers like Robben are looking for the merest brush to go down. He plays in the same league as Suarez and Gerrard!

easty
20-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Eh? He deliberately withdrew his hands from any contact, presumably because he knows that serial divers like Robben are looking for the merest brush to go down. He plays in the same league as Suarez and Gerrard!

It was far more than a 'merest brush' that caught Robben for the penalty.

lapsedhibee
20-02-2014, 01:30 PM
It was far more than a 'merest brush' that caught Robben for the penalty.

Definite penalty, but he's still a serial diver always on the lookout for the merest brush - my point was that that's probably why Chesney withdrew his hands.

hfc rd
20-02-2014, 01:37 PM

They have spent £227.5M

London won the right to host the Olympics, rebuilt Stratford and hosted the games.

Pep Guardiola retired as a player, became a manager, won 16 trophies at Barcelona, took a year out, came back and has won 2 trophies at Bayern Munich.

That's just simply crazy!

MWHIBBIES
20-02-2014, 01:56 PM
That's just simply crazy!Not really, spending 500m on a stadium as part of a long term plan puts it into perspective a little.

easty
20-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Not really, spending 500m on a stadium as part of a long term plan puts it into perspective a little.

And a manager who cant build a good enough team.

--------
20-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Definite penalty, but he's still a serial diver always on the lookout for the merest brush - my point was that that's probably why Chesney withdrew his hands.

Absolutely - nobody's suggesting it wasn't a penalty, and I can't see how the referee could have done anything different from what he did - penalty kick, red card Szczesny (sp - and yup, I'm a smart-ass :wink:).

But Robben is one of the worst 'simulators' in football and there was a number of occasion later in the game last night when he DID go down after the merest brush with an Arsenal player.

BTW - some folks seem to be assuming that Szczesny made that hand-gesture against the referee - more likely it was directed at Robben?

Hibs90
20-02-2014, 02:18 PM
And a manager who cant build a good enough team.

Yes he can. Just look at his previous teams under Arsenal.

nonshinyfinish
20-02-2014, 06:51 PM

They have spent £227.5M

Bit in bold can't possibly be true, unless they're including kid-on competitions like the the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and so on.

lyonhibs
20-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Bit in bold can't possibly be true, unless they're including kid-on competitions like the the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and so on.

Even then.....

lapsedhibee
20-02-2014, 08:27 PM

Even then.....

Mibbe including player of the month and manager of the month trophies.

Sir David Gray
20-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Mibbe including player of the month and manager of the month trophies.

They surely can't be included.

I'm pretty sure Arsenal players will have won individual awards as well, since they last won a trophy in 2005.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2014, 12:37 AM

A wee bit digging suggests 29 might be a more accurate number if you include the lower leagues and play offs.

RyeSloan
21-02-2014, 10:37 AM
A wee bit digging suggests 29 might be a more accurate number if you include the lower leagues and play offs.

But to include comps that Arsenal have zero chance of winning with or without Wenger is daft.

Better to look at how many teams in England have won either of the 4 trophies Arsenal competed for in that period. Champs league/EPL/FA cup/league cup...

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Also better include qualifiaction to the Champions league as that is a far more important goal to many clubs (not the fans) than winning one of the cup competitions.

nonshinyfinish
21-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Also better include qualifiaction to the Champions league as that is a far more important goal to many clubs (not the fans) than winning one of the cup competitions.

Indeed. Once you allow for wages (wage bill and average league position correlate almost perfectly in the EPL), Wenger had Arsenal punching way above their weight (i.e. wage bill) in his first 7 or 8 years, and since then he's kept them consistently finishing in the top 4. He's a good manager. Granted, you would expect them to have won one of the domestic cups at some point since 2005, but as Scouse says, the Champions League group stages are more important to the club.

Iggy Pope
21-02-2014, 07:41 PM

They have spent £227.5M

Wonder how the same stats would read using say,.... since Spurs finished above Arsenal. They spent about £227m one Monday in August after being told they weren't getting to use the stadium quoted in item 5. Or maybe since Liverpool last won the league (Sorry Scouse). Or better still, either of them won a League and FA Cup double? And stand well back if you quote a Geordie on his lot!

bingo70
26-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Real madrid schalke game on sky one tonight if anyone is interested.

If other english clubs performances are anything to go by this could be the better game