PDA

View Full Version : Scott Robertson out for 6-8 weeks

Winston Ingram
19-02-2014, 02:18 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26261281?

Sorry if already posted.

I wasn't at the game but it was Callum Tapping tackle that done him.

cabbageandribs1875
19-02-2014, 02:34 PM
we really aint having much luck with players out injured, that could be him out until the top/bottom six cut-off point

Waxy
19-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Hope he gets back on time.Big player for us next couple of seasons.

Billy Whizz
19-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Hope he gets back on time.Big player for us next couple of seasons.

Maybe, but we need players in midfield to score goals for us. Think he's got 1 in 25 games

Winston Ingram
19-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Tackle from Tapping should have been a red i believe

R'Albin
19-02-2014, 02:50 PM
A massive loss. Our best player this season behind Hanlon I'd say.

Waxy
19-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Maybe, but we need players in midfield to score goals for us. Think he's got 1 in 25 gamesI agree.It's all that's missing.Though i reckon others in the team must start chipping in with goals if we're to start a successful run.All the best teams have goals all over the team.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Gutted, probably my favourite player! Hopefully back soon.

Billy Whizz
19-02-2014, 03:01 PM
I agree.It's all that's missing.Though i reckon others in the team must start chipping in with goals if we're to start a successful run.All the best teams have goals all over the team.

I like Scott Robertson, but Stanton has overtaken him after 3 games or so

HFC 0-7
19-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Not a big loss to the starting 11 IMO. Lot of effort and work rate but no real direction. His passing has also been suspect this season. Taiwo seems to be proving himself at the minute and Stanton is giving us a more direct approach which has been lacking. We will miss him as a sub, Stanton drifts out the game the longer it goes on and Robertson would be good to replace him.

Pretty Boy
19-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Not a big loss to the starting 11 IMO. Lot of effort and work rate but no real direction. His passing has also been suspect this season. Taiwo seems to be proving himself at the minute and Stanton is giving us a more direct approach which has been lacking. We will miss him as a sub, Stanton drifts out the game the longer it goes on and Robertson would be good to replace him.

Would agree with a lot of this.

I don't mind Robertson, he always gives 100%, but I must be missing something with regards to how good he is. He's ok but I just don't see what he's really good at. Doesn't create much, doesn't score, isn't a defensive type who breaks up play and creates from there.

The fact he is regularly described as 'one of our best' this season sums up our season really.

ekhibee
19-02-2014, 04:33 PM
The article on the BBC website also covered Kevin Thomson, who's been injured for some time apparently. Maybe that makes it a bit clearer to all the folk on another thread wanting him put back in the team.

TheFamous1875
19-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Hopefully this means a straight swap in position for Stanton and Craig (probs unlikely)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

R'Albin
19-02-2014, 05:44 PM

Would agree with a lot of this.

I don't mind Robertson, he always gives 100%, but I must be missing something with regards to how good he is. He's ok but I just don't see what he's really good at. Doesn't create much, doesn't score, isn't a defensive type who breaks up play and creates from there.

The fact he is regularly described as 'one of our best' this season sums up our season really.

I think Robertson's about as good a 'box-to-box' midfielder as you'll see in the SPL outside Celtic these days. Ideally I'd like to see him chip in with more goals and assists (like his final season at United), but defensively I think he's been strong this season. Through all of our good run with Butcher (IIRC) he was paired with Craig in the middle, meaning he had to play a more defensive role - which he did a great job at (apart from his last few weeks before injury). His energy is obviously fantastic, and IMO his passing is generally pretty good. Also, I thought he did a decent job when played wide right, he surprised me with how good his aerial ability is.

I'd agree he's nothing special, but I think he's very good at what he does at this level.

weonlywon6-2
19-02-2014, 06:53 PM
not good news,we need all our decent players available

JimBHibees
20-02-2014, 03:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26261281?

Sorry if already posted.

I wasn't at the game but it was Callum Tapping tackle that done him.

I was at the game with a good view of the tackle and there was absolutely nothing in it. One of these things.

danhibees1875
20-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Tackle from Tapping should have been a red i believe

I must have completely and utterly forgot the incident. I was under the impression that Robertson tried to tackle one of their guys (Presumably this Tapping fellow) and completely messed up, injured himself and we conceded a goal resultantly.

Decent excuse to watch the highlights again I suppose. :greengrin