PDA

View Full Version : NHC Howard Webb

Hibs90
19-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Interesting article...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10644977/The-stats-that-prove-Howard-Webb-bottles-big-decisions.html

easty
19-02-2014, 12:39 PM
wasnt that interesting.

Future17
19-02-2014, 01:45 PM
I found it quite interesting - not least his "crucial" penalties against the averge EPL ref's "crucial" penalties stats. The pre and post 2010 World Cup stats are interesting also.

I like Webb as a referee, but I think he's had a very poor season by his usual standards.

Would be interesting to see similar analysis of Craig Thompson and Hibs...if only to see whose brave enough to sit through 177 SPL games! :greengrin

Onion
19-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Interesting article...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10644977/The-stats-that-prove-Howard-Webb-bottles-big-decisions.html

It was interesting & revealing. Webb's reluctance to give big decisions at the end of games has potential to change the way teams play the game e.g. defenders much more likely to dive into tackles knowing there's less risk of giving pens away.

This is the same as a Thomson effect when teams play Hibs, knowing they can dish it out with relative impunity.

The Green Goblin
19-02-2014, 01:58 PM
I found it quite interesting - not least his "crucial" penalties against the averge EPL ref's "crucial" penalties stats. The pre and post 2010 World Cup stats are interesting also.

I like Webb as a referee, but I think he's had a very poor season by his usual standards.

Would be interesting to see similar analysis of Craig Thompson and Hibs...if only to see whose brave enough to sit through 177 SPL games! :greengrin

Someone has done it- there's another thread with a link to the article.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-02-2014, 05:12 PM
His performance in The World Cup Final was a disgrace, he basically allowed Holland to kick the winners off the park, fortunately for my wallet it didnae work!