PDA

View Full Version : Reserve league

offshorehibby
18-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Just listened to TB's latest interview on Hibs TV. He said something interesting ' if we go to a reserve league next season ' . Was just wondering if anybody had heard anything regarding about a reserve league next season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HucuVO5tozE&feature=em-uploademail

Nevi_SOL
18-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Would be tough going for us i think;
SPFL
East of Scotland
U20 league
Reserve League

But i do think scottish football needs it.

oconnors_strip
18-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Would be tough going for us i think;
SPFL
East of Scotland
U20 league
Reserve League

But i do think scottish football needs it.

Think the reserve league would be instead of under 20s, would go back to under 19s though. However wouldn't field an east of scotland team as games played on same days.

J-C
18-02-2014, 09:04 PM
They seem concerned that over 20s players aren't getting enough games , there's a gap between u20 and full squad. Yes you can play 3 over 20s but sometimes you need to play more due to injury recovering and players in squad just needing games

Scouse Hibee
18-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Used to really enjoy the old reserve league in England in the 80's (was called the central league) all home games played at Anfield with free admission for ST holders. It was a great opportunity for young kids who couldn't get to 1st team games to go along and see a reserve side often full of stars playing their way back from injury.

eastterrace
18-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Used to really enjoy the old reserve league in England in the 80's (was called the central league) all home games played at Anfield with free admission for ST holders. It was a great opportunity for young kids who couldn't get to 1st team games to go along and see a reserve side often full of stars playing their way back from injury.

yes reserve league back in the 60 and 70, use to go to the games if didnt go to away game and see players coming through and players coming back from injury also free to get in if season ticket holder.

JohnStephens91
19-02-2014, 01:03 AM
Konte was a great striker for us in the reserve league, every game he would get a brace. On his reserve league debut I think he bagged a hat-trick. Used to enjoy going to those matches.

Billy
19-02-2014, 01:17 AM
Konte was a great striker for us in the reserve league, every game he would get a brace. On his reserve league debut I think he bagged a hat-trick. Used to enjoy going to those matches.

He did indeed score 3 goals in a match we played at Stenhousemuirs ground.

Boyle89
19-02-2014, 02:56 AM
Remember a reserve game against rangers a few years ago. They had players like buffel playing. We gubbed them something like 4 or 5-1. That was my only experience of the reserve league but I quite enjoyed it ;).

BroxburnHibee
19-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Stupid short sighted decision to get rid of it in the first place.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-02-2014, 09:00 AM

Thee only game I took in was against Celtic when Balde was punted into the reserves.
The thug he is completely targeted Kontr from the off no intention of getting the ball but to maim Amadou who completely shat it when ever hight balls were there to be won cos he knew what was coming - bit of a woos.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Stupid short sighted decision to get rid of it in the first place.

Cynical move by the OF. Isn't it surprising how the Hibs conveyer belt spluttered after it was scrapped? "Pesky upstarts well disrupt their youth system progress that's been embarrassing ours"