PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's ref is.............

Mikey
18-02-2014, 12:21 PM
I don't have to say it, do I :greengrin

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPFL/33.%20SPFL%20Appointments%20Friday%2021st%20-%20Tuesday%2025th%20February%202014.pdf

I posted this on the PM board after the Celtic game..........

Some may know this already, but Craig Thomson and Steven McLean both work full time at the SFA and share an office with John Fleming, the Head of Referee Operations. It's a standing joke among referees that those two are pretty much bulletproof when it comes to referee observers and being supported on big decisions.

And someone I spoke to said....

Penalty to Hibs

No foul against Nelson because of the short distance involved. He couldn't get his hand out of the way.

Therefore no booking for Nelson

Thomson can do what he likes and answers to no-one.

And we've got both of them on Saturday. At least we know they won't make any mistakes that require action from John Fleming :rolleyes:

Weststandwanab
18-02-2014, 12:27 PM
I was hoping you were going to type Cypriot !

givescotlandfreedom
18-02-2014, 12:31 PM
I'd rather it was Gary Locke than Thompson.

theonlywayisup
18-02-2014, 12:49 PM

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPFL/33.%20SPFL%20Appointments%20Friday%2021st%20-%20Tuesday%2025th%20February%202014.pdf

And we've got both of them on Saturday. At least we know they won't make any mistakes that require action from John Fleming :rolleyes:

Why can't we get an ex-player to come out with some headline making quotes, such as "Thomson is either biased or incompetent". Get it published in all the papers and start putting pressure on Thomson, so that the press will watch his every decision.

If it were Hertz, Locke would have talking about how decisions keep going against his poor wee lambs. Yet we get nothing.

We have trumpets that can't wait to mention 1902 or 5-1, yet none make reference to Thomson's shocking decisions against Hibs.

Geo_1875
18-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Saturday's ref is............. a ****

7 Hills
18-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Why can't we get an ex-player to come out with some headline making quotes, such as "Thomson is either biased or incompetent". Get it published in all the papers and start putting pressure on Thomson, so that the press will watch his every decision.

If it were Hertz, Locke would have talking about how decisions keep going against his poor wee lambs. Yet we get nothing.

We have trumpets that can't wait to mention 1902 or 5-1, yet none make reference to Thomson's shocking decisions against Hibs.

Good idea - I nominate Kano.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-02-2014, 01:04 PM
I make that 3 times in our last 5 league games?! Am I correct?? If so, why?? Why are we getting this idiot so often??

SMAXXA
18-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Banksie the linesman is wait for it.......a jambo :greengrin, to be fair he's one of the better jambos and a good official but thought I would share

Weststandwanab
18-02-2014, 01:28 PM

We have trumpets that can't wait to mention 1902 or 5-1, yet none make reference to Thomson's shocking decisions against Hibs.I think we all know that he is.

I am not sure what difference it would make even if Messi said so.

Maybe this is being approached the wrong way

The_Horde
18-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Banksie the linesman is wait for it.......a jambo :greengrin, to be fair he's one of the better jambos and a good official but thought I would share

Why mention it if you like the guy?

JustSimplyHibs
18-02-2014, 01:51 PM
I think we all know that he is.

I am not sure what difference it would make even if Messi said so.

Maybe this is being approached the wrong way

You're right!!!! If you can, I would start betting on refs performances...

Every time Thompson refs a Hibs game I would stick cash on 4+ Hibs players being booked and for there to be a penalty against us for example, Cairney - I reckon he has always been booked while Thompson has been ref and how many times has his giving a pen against us... Stick some cash on it!!!!

I'm also gonna start betting on players being sent off against Herts.

If enough fans do it across Scotland... Patterns will start emerging, bookies will start losing cash, and because cash is involved the beaks maybe forced to stand up and take notice because of betting patterns!!!

That's the only way i can see there ever being an improvement in Scottish refs...

NAE NOOKIE
18-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Ach well ............. this just makes getting 3 points in our next game more vital.

Boyle89
18-02-2014, 02:03 PM
It seems like there's a Thomson is ref thread every week. Somebody put the stats up on the last one about how often he reffed us an it was unreal how far ahead of everyone else he was.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-02-2014, 02:04 PM
We have lost it already. That wee cock must rub his scruffy wee hands when he finds out he is reffing our games.

BurghHibby
18-02-2014, 02:44 PM

No mistakes will be reported, see who the observer is - Willie Young!!:confused:

emerald green
18-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know how referees are allocated to particular matches? What is the process? It seems odd that we seem to get Thomson so often. The thing with Thomson is this - the more Hibs fans criticise and complain about him (and rightly so) the more hostile he is getting towards us as a club. He has now got a vendetta against Hibs it seems to me, and **** all will ever be done about it. Why he hates our club so much, and where it comes from, I don't know.

The Green Goblin
18-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Does anyone know how referees are allocated to particular matches? What is the process? It seems odd that we seem to get Thomson so often. The thing with Thomson is this - the more Hibs fans criticise and complain about him (and rightly so) the more hostile he is getting towards us as a club. He has now got a vendetta against Hibs it seems to me, and **** all will ever be done about it. Why he hates our club so much, and where it comes from, I don't know.

He started it with his cheating ways. Not us.

emerald green
18-02-2014, 06:33 PM
He started it with his cheating ways. Not us.

I agree totally. :agree:

Ronniekirk
18-02-2014, 08:23 PM
I make that 3 times in our last 5 league games?! Am I correct?? If so, why?? Why are we getting this idiot so often??
Coz fans on Hibs .net keep slagging him off and calling into question his objectivity and canvass opinion about getting petitions signed against him This is our comeuppance .They are trying to Silence us .:wink:

Ronniekirk
18-02-2014, 08:25 PM
We have lost it already. That wee cock must rub his scruffy wee hands when he finds out he is reffing our games.

Thinking of not going now it's a foregone conclusion Boyd will get dubious penalty

3pm
18-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Thinking of not going now it's a foregone conclusion Boyd will get dubious penalty

Did you go on Saturday past?

Ronniekirk
18-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Did you go on Saturday past?

No ,but Killie is one of the grounds nearest to me ,can be there in 25 minutes so usually to to Rugby park and pitch is always a lot better than ours .

jodjam
18-02-2014, 08:40 PM

He's my kids PE teacher. Seems like a decent guy on few occasions I've met him. Wonder if Liam Craig will smack it off his napper again.

3pm
18-02-2014, 08:47 PM
No ,but Killie is one of the grounds nearest to me ,can be there in 25 minutes so usually to to Rugby park and pitch is always a lot better than ours .

So yer not going now cos hawkeye might give Boyd a pen. But you were going cos Killie have a better pitch?!

Come on Ronnie lad, sober up.

Ronniekirk
18-02-2014, 08:58 PM
So yer not going now cos hawkeye might give Boyd a pen. But you were going cos Killie have a better pitch?!

Come on Ronnie lad, sober up.
Forgot the smiley was slightly tongue in cheek .Although the wife's just reminded me the mother in laws coming up so that settles it defo going now .What was the old Les Dawson joke ,Even the mice know when the Mother in a Law is coming round as they throw themselves onto the Traps

SMAXXA
18-02-2014, 09:08 PM
;3910659']Why mention it if you like the guy?

What difference does it make if I like the guy and choose to mention it :confused::confused:

Can you only mention things like that if the guys a tosser like

3pm
18-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Forgot the smiley was slightly tongue in cheek .Although the wife's just reminded me the mother in laws coming up so that settles it defo going now .What was the old Les Dawson joke ,Even the mice know when the Mother in a Law is coming round as they throw themselves onto the Traps

Ha Ha!

spike220
19-02-2014, 09:47 AM
There is one thing I will always be thankful to Pat for....

GreenLake
19-02-2014, 11:47 AM
You're right!!!! If you can, I would start betting on refs performances...

Every time Thompson refs a Hibs game I would stick cash on 4+ Hibs players being booked and for there to be a penalty against us for example, Cairney - I reckon he has always been booked while Thompson has been ref and how many times has his giving a pen against us... Stick some cash on it!!!!

I'm also gonna start betting on players being sent off against Herts.

If enough fans do it across Scotland... Patterns will start emerging, bookies will start losing cash, and because cash is involved the beaks maybe forced to stand up and take notice because of betting patterns!!!

That's the only way i can see there ever being an improvement in Scottish refs...

The surest bet of them all is that the beaks will do absolutely **** all to set things right.

Leith Mo
19-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Thomson was also ref last Saturday when ICT pummeled them and were denied a clear penalty when Hamill played basketball in the six yard box - still, no surprise the cheatin' .... never saw it.

greenpaper55
19-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Thats us a goal down for starters, you could forgive someone for being incompetent but its that arrogant look on his pus i cannae stand.

emerald green
19-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Thomson was also ref last Saturday when ICT pummeled them and were denied a clear penalty when Hamill played basketball in the six yard box - still, no surprise the cheatin' .... never saw it.

The evidence against this **** is overwhelming. :agree:

maturehibby
26-02-2014, 06:37 PM
might help now that Lennon has went off on one about Thomsons performance last night - will now see what we have to put up with when we get him doing our games though I dont think McInnes will be commenting against his performance - just like Lennon after he gave them everything against us